Author Topic: Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist'  (Read 14583 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist'
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
Straw Man  "The post office is doing fine" 

Enough said. 
;D

straw should change his name to ostrich and put a picture of one with its head in the sand as his avatar... ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »
show me where i used the classical logical fallacy...waiting....

sure - did you miss it the other times I posted it:

I suppose youd like to get into another debate that ends in you not being able to disprove religion?

what point are you trying to make by saying I am not able to disprove religion?

we do however have a prime example here in this thread from you... ;)

and from your own link no less

"The argument from ignorance,[1] also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam ("appeal to ignorance"[1][2]), or negative evidence,[1] is a logical fallacy in which it is claimed that a premise is true only because it has not been proven false, or is false only because it has not been proven true."

again try understanding logic instead of using wiki links  ;D

prior to your post the only statement I made was that the Repubs bigger problem is that 25% of them believe in this ghing called the anti christ.    I didn't say my belief was proven and I didn't offer any evidence or reason why you needed to agree with it.

your response to that statement was to suggest that since I couldn't "disprove religion" that ......what?

what were you trying to say .  what was the point of that statement?

You're right though, later on when I said it's not true because I have no proof that it exists  I made the exact same fallacy that you did earlier

lack of proof doesn't mean it's false and not being able to disprove it doesn't mean it's true

I still don't believe in the Easter Bunny and I'm guessing you're not ruling it out that it exists

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »
sure - did you miss it the other times I posted it:

what point are you trying to make by saying I am not able to disprove religion?

prior to your post the only statement I made was that the Repubs bigger problem is that 25% of them believe in this ghing called the anti christ.    I didn't say my belief was proven and I didn't offer any evidence or reason why you needed to agree with it.

your response to that statement was to suggest that since I couldn't "disprove religion" that ......what?

what were you trying to say .  what was the point of that statement?

You're right though, later on when I said it's not true because I have no proof that it exists  I made the exact same fallacy that you did earlier

lack of proof doesn't mean it's false and not being able to disprove it doesn't mean it's true

I still don't believe in the Easter Bunny and I'm guessing you're not ruling it out that it exists
Finally thank you for admitting that you yourself commited the fallacy

now as for me I honestly do not use the fact you cannot disprove God as reason for me to believe in God check my past posts and the religion board. Ive also had this conversation many many times which is also why I asked you if you wanted to have a conversation that ended in you not being able to disprove the antichrist.

You see non religious ppl have the idea that God doesnt exist even though they cant prove it and then turn around and ridicule ppl who believe in religinon b/c it cant be proven...seems hypocritical doesnt it?

you show me where I used it in this thread and not just your assumption that I used it show me I used it as clearly as Ive shown youve used it. Ill even accept quotes from other threads or other boards b/c you see its like I said I dont base my beliefs off the idea that you cant disprove God so that means that God doesnt exist.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 04:21:37 PM »
Finally thank you for admitting that you yourself commited the fallacy

now as for me I honestly do not use the fact you cannot disprove God as reason for me to believe in God check my past posts and the religion board. Ive also had this conversation many many times which is also why I asked you if you wanted to have a conversation that ended in you not being able to disprove the antichrist.

You see non religious ppl have the idea that God doesnt exist even though they cant prove it and then turn around and ridicule ppl who believe in religinon b/c it cant be proven...seems hypocritical doesnt it?

you show me where I used it in this thread and not just your assumption that I used it show me I used it as clearly as Ive shown youve used it. Ill even accept quotes from other threads or other boards b/c you see its like I said I dont base my beliefs off the idea that you cant disprove God so that means that God doesnt exist.
tell me what you meant by your quote which I've posted ~ 4 times now

I suppose youd like to get into another debate that ends in you not being able to disprove religion?

what does me not being able to disprove religion have to do with the topic at hand (the antichrist)

while you're at it go back to the beginning of the thread and note that prior to your post and our discussion I never made any statement that you or anyone should believe my point of view or that I'd proven anything

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »
tell me what you meant by your quote which I've posted ~ 4 times now

what does me not being able to disprove religion have to do with the topic at hand (the antichrist)

while you're at it go back to the beginning of the thread and note that prior to your post and our discussion I never made any statement that you or anyone should believe my point of view or that I'd proven anything
LOL *sigh

Again you ridicule ppl for believing in something they cannot prove, yet you believe there is no Antichrist even though you cant prove it...again does that not seem hypocritical? THIS IS MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!

I as well have not said that you shold believe my point of view or that Id proven anything...That is why I say I believe in God, not that I know there is a God...You however say that its not true as in you know its not true, not that you believe it not to be true...

Ill give you another one straw as I know you cant prove any of your points in this thread thus far. Give me a quote of mine where I say I know God exists from this or any other thread...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2010, 04:40:56 PM »
LOL *sigh

Again you ridicule ppl for believing in something they cannot prove, yet you believe there is no Antichrist even though you cant prove it...again does that not seem hypocritical? THIS IS MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!

I as well have not said that you shold believe my point of view or that Id proven anything...That is why I say I believe in God, not that I know there is a God...You however say that its not true as in you know its not true, not that you believe it not to be true...

Ill give you another one straw as I know you cant prove any of your points in this thread thus far. Give me a quote of mine where I say I know God exists from this or any other thread...

I feel fine ridiculing people who believe Obama is the antichrist and also people who believe in the antichrist

I never said you had to agree with me and I never said I had proven my belief was true

why should I care that, as you say "I can't dissprove religion"

isn't that fallacious and irrelevent?

I thought we had agreed on that

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
I feel fine ridiculing people who believe Obama is the antichrist and also people who believe in the antichrist

I never said you had to agree with me and I never said I had proven my belief was true

why should I care that, as you say "I can't dissprove religion"

isn't that fallacious and irrelevent?

I thought we had agreed on that
I know you do just like to point out the hypocrisy is all  ;)

You did say however that its true b/c you have no proof and thats all you need or do you need me to link the quote yet again?

its relevant when you ridicule other ppl in believing in something without proof yet you yourself believe in something without proof... ;)

do you need to wiki hypocrisy?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:03 PM »
I know you do just like to point out the hypocrisy is all  ;)

You did say however that its true b/c you have no proof and thats all you need or do you need me to link the quote yet again?

its relevant when you ridicule other ppl in believing in something without proof yet you yourself believe in something without proof... ;)

do you need to wiki hypocrisy?

I have no problem ridiculing people who believe Obama is the antichrist, etc.

didn't I already make that clear?

now tell what difference it makes if I can't dissprove religion?

isn't that a bullshit statement?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2010, 05:36:22 PM »
I have no problem ridiculing people who believe Obama is the antichrist, etc.

didn't I already make that clear?

now tell what difference it makes if I can't dissprove religion?

isn't that a bullshit statement?

LMFAO

why do you have no problem ridiculing ppl who believe obama is the antichrist?

I know its beyond you that some ppl may ask a question with a plan in mind when debating but us analytical ppl think things through.  ;)

wiki hypocrisy and you might get a clue although going off how your last wiki link worked out maybe not  ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »
LMFAO

why do you have no problem ridiculing ppl who believe obama is the antichrist?

I know its beyond you that some ppl may ask a question with a plan in mind when debating but us analytical ppl think things through.  ;)

wiki hypocrisy and you might get a clue although going off how your last wiki link worked out maybe not  ;)

I don't have a problem with it

haven't I mentioned that already

where is the hypocrisy?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2010, 05:47:27 PM »
I don't have a problem with it

haven't I mentioned that already

where is the hypocrisy?
why dont you have a problem with it...I know you have trouble reading as shown in your posting of the wiki link fiasco but try again

WHY dont you have a problem with it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »
why dont you have a problem with it...I know you have trouble reading as shown in your posting of the wiki link fiasco but try again

WHY dont you have a problem with it?

where is the hypocrisy you mentioned?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
where is the hypocrisy you mentioned?
answer the question...why do you have no problem ridiculing those who believe obama is the antichrist?

the hypocrisy is in you ridiculing ppl for their beliefs b/c they cant be proven...yet you having beliefs that cant be proven LMFAOROTLC

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »
answer the question...why do you have no problem ridiculing those who believe obama is the antichrist?

the hypocrisy is in you ridiculing ppl for their beliefs b/c they cant be proven...yet you having beliefs that cant be proven LMFAOROTLC

You mean  like the post poffice being on great shape?  So far that belief of straw's cant be proven from what I can tell.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »

I don't have a problem with it because I think it's silly

now

what is this hypocrisy you've claimed?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »
I don't have a problem with it because I think it's silly

now

what is this hypocrisy you've claimed?
LOL you have to forgive me straw as somebody who has studied pyschology Im naturally curious and feel that nobody does or feels something without reason...

so why do you think its silly?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
LOL you have to forgive me straw as somebody who has studied pyschology Im naturally curious and feel that nobody does or feels something without reason...

I answered your question now you answer mine

what is the hypocrisy you claimed?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »
I answered your question now you answer mine

what is the hypocrisy you claimed?
I already have...Im simply in the process of proving it to you

again why do you think its silly?

indulge me straw, why?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
LOL are you drunk Im going to have this thread stickied as a shining example of why not to drunk post...

you said it was a larger problem that 25% of reps believed in the anti christ...an obvious shot at religion...I asked if you wanted to waste time b/c you cant disprove religion....you posted a link that basically kills your argument...you have then began to side step, act dumb, and dance around the fact you owned yourself ;)

answer the question why did you post the link?

Tony, you really need to study Russell's Tea Pot.

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.[1]
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »

I should note that b/c you think its silly isnt the reason...you see there is a reason that you think its silly and thats the one Im after

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »
I already have...Im simply in the process of proving it to you

again why do you think its silly?

indulge me straw, why?

I don't remember

state it again

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »
Uhm, kids, we're kidding here, right? ???

No one really believes in this Anti-Christ silliness, do they? ???
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2010, 06:19:44 PM »
Tony, you really need to study Russell's Tea Pot.

already have you see but you also need to study it b/c again simply not having proof doesnt prove your argument that God doesnt exist...

you have to disprove God to prove that God doesnt exist otherwise it falls into the I dont know category

your a educator deciede, you should know that simply disproving the alternative hypothesis doesnt prove the null you need proof of the null  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2010, 06:20:24 PM »
I don't remember

state it again

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2010, 06:26:14 PM »
already have you see but you also need to study it b/c again simply not having proof doesnt prove your argument that God doesnt exist...

you have to disprove God to prove that God doesnt exist otherwise it falls into the I dont know category

your a educator deciede, you should know that simply disproving the alternative hypothesis doesnt prove the null you need proof of the null  ;)

We live in a world of liklihood and probability and the Christian god is as likely as Zeus, Thor, Ashur or any other dead god of the past and should be treated as such, unless you are willing advocate their probability as well.
I hate the State.