Author Topic: Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist'  (Read 14677 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist'
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »
I'm completely sober

I've pointed out repeatedly that not being able to disprove something is not a reason to consider believing it and is a logical fallacy

I assume you don't believe in Allah and don't really spend much time thinking about whether you should or should not based on the fact that you can't dissprove it
and ive pointed out repeatedly and so has the LINK YOU POSTED that simply not being able to prove something doesnt mean it doesnt exist and doing so is the SAME LOGICAL FALLACY  ;)

do you understand that or do I NEED TO QUOTE YOUR OWN LINK AGAIN?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 12:14:26 AM »
and ive pointed out repeatedly and so has the LINK YOU POSTED that simply not being able to prove something doesnt mean it doesnt exist and doing so is the SAME LOGICAL FALLACY  ;)

do you understand that or do I NEED TO QUOTE YOUR OWN LINK AGAIN?

yes - quote it again because you're the one making the same mistake over and over

I don't believe in the antichrist

I don't need to worry that I can't disprove it in order to not believe it

I don't believe it solely because I have no proof that it exists

do you get it (I'm  going to guess no)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:19 AM »
yet again

I say it's not true because I have no proof

that's the only reason I need

you're the one that brought up the fallacious argument that it can't be proven untrue

right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:36 AM »
yes - quote it again because you're the one making the same mistake over and over

I don't believe in the antichrist

I don't need to worry that I can't disprove it in order to not believe it

I don't believe it solely because I have no proof that it exists

do you get it (I'm  going to guess no)
"The argument from ignorance,[1] also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam ("appeal to ignorance"[1][2]), or negative evidence,[1] is a logical fallacy in which it is claimed that a premise is true only because it has not been proven false, or is false only because it has not been proven true."[/glow]

;) ;) ;)

so youre agreeing that you dont know for a FACT God doesnt exist?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
yet again

you're the one that brought up the fallacious argument that it can't be proven untrue

right?
it cant be proven untrue but thats not my reasoning for believing in it...you on the other hand say it doesnt exist b/c there is no proof which is a argument from ignorance...you have to have proof it doesnt exist to exclude your belief from the argument of ignorance or admit that you dont know ... ;) ;) ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 12:31:02 AM »
so as you probably wont agree to say your stance is based in the argument of ignorance you land in the I dont know section, so Ill refer you back to my original post  ;)
I suppose youd like to get into another debate that ends in you not being able to disprove religion?
It takes you a while straw but eventually youll make it around the circle  ;) keep trying buddy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 12:31:46 AM »
"The argument from ignorance,[1] also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam ("appeal to ignorance"[1][2]), or negative evidence,[1] is a logical fallacy in which it is claimed that a premise is true only because it has not been proven false, or is false only because it has not been proven true."[/glow]

;) ;) ;)

so youre agreeing that you dont know for a FACT God doesnt exist?

how many times do I need to keep explaining it to you

I can't prove that god does not exist (same goes for the anti christ, allah, and the Easter Bunny)

and that doesn't matter in the argument

the fact that it can't be proven not to exist is not proof or evidence (or anything) that it does exist

weren't you the one who tried to make that arguement in the first place?

I suppose youd like to get into another debate that ends in you not being able to disprove religion?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 12:36:46 AM »

I can't prove that god does not exist (same goes for the anti christ, allah, and the Easter Bunny)

the fact that it can't be proven not to exist is not proof or evidence (or anything) that it does exist

I agree with this but the problem you see is that in your mind you think that b/c you have no proof its reason to believe it doesnt exist...this is a logical fallacy the fallacy called the argument of ignorance...do you understand that?

you have to have proof it doesnt exist to believe it doesnt without falling prey to this fallacy otherwise you simply dont know...

this is an example of the logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance ;)

do you understand that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 12:38:33 AM »
you always have had a problem with logic bro

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 12:45:16 AM »
I agree with this but the problem you see is that in your mind you think that b/c you have no proof its reason to believe it doesnt exist...this is a logical fallacy the fallacy called the argument of ignorance...do you understand that?

you have to have proof it doesnt exist to believe it doesnt without falling prey to this fallacy otherwise you simply dont know...

this is an example of the logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance ;)

do you understand that?

do you understand the you introduced the argument that I couldn't disprove the anti christ......therefore... ....???

what was your point again in bringing that up????

Why do you think not being able to disprove something matters?

You can't disprove the Easter Bunny right?

Am I giving you that as a reason why you should consider not being so quick to not believe or even worse to act like that's a reason or proof that you can't rule it out?

would you laugh at that argument?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 12:52:48 AM »
do you understand the you introduced the argument that I couldn't disprove the anti christ......therefore... ....???

what was your point again in bringing that up????

Why do you think not being able to disprove something matters?

You can't disprove the Easter Bunny right?

Am I giving you that as a reason why you should consider not being so quick to not believe or even worse to act like that's a reason or proof that you can't rule it out?

would you laugh at that argument?
I did bring up the fact that you cant disprove the anti christ but I never said thats a reason I believe in him did I? find me a post where i say that

I brought it up b/c you believe that b/c I cant prove him that its reason to not believe in him which is the logical fallacy the argument from ignorance....

I dont use that as proof that God does exist but you do use the fact you cant prove God as reason to believe he doesnt again the argument from ignorance...

Im telling you this so you wont be so quick to judge and jump to conclusions commiting the fallacy of the argument of ignoranc like you are now...

answer the question do you understand how your belief is commintting the fallacy the argument of ignorance?

Ive shown it to you many times....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 12:59:38 AM »
I did bring up the fact that you cant disprove the anti christ but I never said thats a reason I believe in him did I? find me a post where i say that

I brought it up b/c you believe that b/c I cant prove him that its reason to not believe in him which is the logical fallacy the argument from ignorance....
I dont use that as proof that God does exist but you do use the fact you cant prove God as reason to believe he doesnt again the argument from ignorance...

Im telling you this so you wont be so quick to judge and jump to conclusions commiting the fallacy of the argument of ignoranc like you are now...

answer the question do you understand how your belief is commintting the fallacy the argument of ignorance?

Ive shown it to you many times....

pay attention

I said that the larger problem for the Repubs is not that (a poll shows) that ~ 25% of their members believe that Obama is the antichrist  but that 25% of their members believe in this thing called the anti christ

you then introduced the argument that I could not disprove religion

so what?

that argument is meaningless

right?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2010, 02:24:38 AM »

Nuh uh... the easter bunny is very, very real mister

w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 09:47:14 AM »
pay attention

I said that the larger problem for the Repubs is not that (a poll shows) that ~ 25% of their members believe that Obama is the antichrist  but that 25% of their members believe in this thing called the anti christ

you then introduced the argument that I could not disprove religion

so what?

that argument is meaningless

right?

LMFAOROTFLC its only useless if I use it as a reason to believe in GOD which I do not

you however use the idea that b/c God hasnt been proven that he doesnt exits...again commiting the fallacy of an argument from ignorance...again how do I have to explain your own link?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »

your own words and from your own link

let me see if I can explain this again...In science or logic when you have a question thats lets say a yes/no question or true/false question and the answer is deemed to not be one answer it doesnt mean that the answer is the opposite choice...you have to have proof to support your argument

your proof right now is a lack of proof which is not proof...hence commiting the argument from ignorance.

try actually taking a logic class or reading a book on it straw instead of getting article from wiki(LOL) to support your stance only to have it show you to be commiting the same fallacy  ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
LMFAOROTFLC its only useless if I use it as a reason to believe in GOD which I do not

you however use the idea that b/c God hasnt been proven that he doesnt exits...again commiting the fallacy of an argument from ignorance...again how do I have to explain your own link?

you're the one who used the fallacy

I merely pointed it out

what point where you trying to make when you wrote this:

I can't disprove that there is a tribe of giant cyclops's living on the dark side of the moon either

not being able to disprove it is not a reason to believe

how many more times would you like to ride this merry-go-round?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
you're the one who used the fallacy

I merely pointed it out

what point where you trying to make when you wrote this:

I can't disprove that there is a tribe of giant cyclops's living on the dark side of the moon either

not being able to disprove it is not a reason to believe

how many more times would you like to ride this merry-go-round?
no brain child I did not commit the fallacy show me, SHOW ME WHERE I USED THAT AS REASONING FOR MY BELIEFS

we do however have your ignorant ass using no proof as proof that God doesnt exist...again commiting the fallacy of an argument from ignorance  ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 10:41:16 AM »
no brain child I did not commit the fallacy show me, SHOW ME WHERE I USED THAT AS REASONING FOR MY BELIEFS

we do however have your ignorant ass using no proof as proof that God doesnt exist...again commiting the fallacy of an argument from ignorance  ;)

I've been asking you what your "reasoning" was on this entire thread

I don't even know what the phrase "disprove religion" even means

Let's just jump ahead and say I can't "disprove religion"

what woudl be the signficance of that? (hint - I already gave you the answer in this thread)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
I've been asking you what your "reasoning" was on this entire thread

I don't even know what the phrase "disprove religion" even means

Let's just jump ahead and say I can't "disprove religion"

what woudl be the signficance of that? (hint - I already gave you the answer in this thread)
Ill take that as you cant show me where I used that as reasoning for my beliefs then?  ;) ;D :o shocking I know

LOL no youve given a hint to the even greater ignorance of yourself... ;)

the point is you shouldnt ridicule or insult ppl for beliveing in religion simply b/c you FEEL(thats right feel b/c again you have no proof correct?) there is no God

you like to ridicule ppl over something that you cannot prove...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2010, 11:08:06 AM »
The president should start wearing blue hats, LOL!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 11:11:13 AM »
Ill take that as you cant show me where I used that as reasoning for my beliefs then?  ;) ;D :o shocking I know

LOL no youve given a hint to the even greater ignorance of yourself... ;)

the point is you shouldnt ridicule or insult ppl for beliveing in religion simply b/c you FEEL(thats right feel b/c again you have no proof correct?) there is no God

you like to ridicule ppl over something that you cannot prove...

that's your point?

why didn't you say so

why did you resort to a classical logical fallacy and then try to pretend you didn't?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »

Purge_WTF

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 12:08:40 PM »
  The Antichrist will come from the revived Roman Empire (European Union), so that pretty much strikes Obama off the list.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
that's your point?

why didn't you say so

why did you resort to a classical logical fallacy and then try to pretend you didn't?
show me where i used the classical logical fallacy...waiting....

we do however have a prime example here in this thread from you... ;)

and from your own link no less
"The argument from ignorance,[1] also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam ("appeal to ignorance"[1][2]), or negative evidence,[1] is a logical fallacy in which it is claimed that a premise is true only because it has not been proven false, or is false only because it has not been proven true."

again try understanding logic instead of using wiki links  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »
Straw Man  "The post office is doing fine" 

Enough said.