Author Topic: Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist'  (Read 14631 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist'
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »
that doesnt make the situation any less hypocritical you numb nut fuck LMFAO

define hypocrisy straw...this is truly going to be one for the getbig politics board hall of fame... ;D

if you in turn go suicide bomb ppl then yes youre a hypocrite....

now please define hypocrisy and tell us why you being ok with them ridiculing makes you not a hypocrite...this is going to be good

I've already defined what would be hypocritical about me criticizing the AntiChristers - I can criticize them and I have no problem if they criticize me therefore I am not a hypocrite

pretty simple isn't it?

No need for 10 pages of ridiculous theory that finds you painted into a corner having to admit that your theory means that no one can criticize suicide bombers without also being a hypocrite

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2010, 11:54:37 AM »
I've already defined what would be hypocritical about me criticizing the AntiChristers - I can criticize them and I have no problem if they criticize me therefore I am not a hypocrite

pretty simple isn't it?

No need for 10 pages of ridiculous theory that finds you painted into a corner having to admit that your theory means that no one can criticize suicide bombers without also being a hypocrite
LMFAOROTLC

except thats not using the definition of hypocrite you brainiac..LMFAO when did we start being able to to define words how we wanted?

use your favorite database wiki and look up hypocrite you know what nvm ill do it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrite

"Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie.

For example, a man who complains of cars speeding down his street, but speeds himself would be considered a hypocrite
"

where in there does it say that if your ok with being a hypocrite it makes you not a hypocrite....tell me how being ok with them ridiculing you makes a difference in terms of the definition of the term  ;)

LOL this is classic shit man I once thought your account was controlled by a high school kid, I began to doubt myself but seeing the idiocy youve displayed here makes me think my first assertion was correct...if im wrong then its all the more pathetic

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2010, 12:02:16 PM »
cant get audio...but if you seem to think im wrong please do tell...

you think being ok with being called a hypocrite makes him less of a hypocrite?

do tell

give us your definition of hypocrisy and tell us why straw is not being hypocritical...please do

Well, I do not agree with you but that was already known. Seeing on how everything in human life functions on probablities and Christian mythology being extremely unlikely, basing any serious decision on such things would be silly. By the same token, these selfsame Christians would equally ridicule Muslims on the fatuousness of their beliefs. It cuts both ways; to be honest I think you are secretly sympathetic to the Christian cause.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
Well, I do not agree with you but that was already known. Seeing on how everything in human life functions on probablities and Christian mythology being extremely unlikely, basing any serious decision on such things would be silly. By the same token, these selfsame Christians would equally ridicule Muslims on the fatuousness of their beliefs. It cuts both ways; to be honest I think you are secretly sympathetic to the Christian cause.
what is the probability of God existing? if its quantifiable then you should be able to quantify it and please give the reasoning...however unlikely you feel if may be its still not positive one way or the other and until it is you and others should refrain from stating it as a certainty...

I agree it certainly does cut both ways this is why I try not to criticize others for their beliefs...and I consider myself a Christian so of course I would be sympathetic to the Christian cause just like many atheist/agnostics are callous towards it...even though we should all fall into agreement that we are not sure who is right...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2010, 12:31:24 PM »
and also my post was not geared towards my argument for my faith simply straws argument that he is not being hypocritical...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2010, 12:34:54 PM »
what is the probability of God existing? if its quantifiable then you should be able to quantify it and please give the reasoning...however unlikely you feel if may be its still not positive one way or the other and until it is you and others should refrain from stating it as a certainty...

I agree it certainly does cut both ways this is why I try not to criticize others for their beliefs...and I consider myself a Christian so of course I would be sympathetic to the Christian cause just like many atheist/agnostics are callous towards it...even though we should all fall into agreement that we are not sure who is right...

You speak of God...I speak of gods. Your god is as likely as any other of the many dead gods humans formerly worshipped. It cannot be precisely quantified of course but that is not necessary. There is much scientific and archaeoglical evidence that shows the Bible to be bunk so it can follow that Christianity is bunk.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »
You speak of God...I speak of gods. Your god is as likely as any other of the many dead gods humans formerly worshipped. It cannot be precisely quantified of course but that is not necessary. There is much scientific and archaeoglical evidence that shows the Bible to be bunk so it can follow that Christianity is bunk.
I apologize I meant god even though I typed God force of habit but youre correct. Well if it cant be quantified than it could well be 50/50 and it depends on how you interpret the Bible my friend...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
How did this thread get to be 9 pages long?  What in the world?  lol   :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2010, 12:56:09 PM »
I apologize I meant god even though I typed God force of habit but youre correct. Well if it cant be quantified than it could well be 50/50 and it depends on how you interpret the Bible my friend...

50/50 is NOT the default probability as you well know...
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »
I live in the Bronx and there are a few Churches in my area but not many.
hahahaha....

http://www.churches-in.com/new+york/Bronx/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
Let it be known that SAMSON posts threads that are the crux of debate, discussion, fighting, name calling, infighting and a back hand or two...I will accept my award now for contributing to a discussion that has raged on for 9 million pages and still has not allowed one or the other to make firm the statement that Obama is or even maybe is the AntiChrist. Interesting discussion though... ;D ;D :D :D
C

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »
hahahaha....

http://www.churches-in.com/new+york/Bronx/

Well, why are they never up in your face like in Wyoming...?
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »

Dont know.  But , I'm telling you, the next you walk around the boroughs, just look at how many store fronts are churchs. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
50/50 is NOT the default probability as you well know...
well if there are 2 outcomes then the probability is 50/50 unless you can prove otherwise the default is 50/50 with 2 options

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »
From what I can see, looks like you guys have it worse than we do :D

In the Bronx:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2010, 02:43:06 PM »
Boggie Down Bronx Bro!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2010, 06:41:11 PM »
LMFAOROTLC

except thats not using the definition of hypocrite you brainiac..LMFAO when did we start being able to to define words how we wanted?

use your favorite database wiki and look up hypocrite you know what nvm ill do it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrite

"Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie

For example, a man who complains of cars speeding down his street, but speeds himself would be considered a hypocrite
"

where in there does it say that if your ok with being a hypocrite it makes you not a hypocrite....tell me how being ok with them ridiculing you makes a difference in terms of the definition of the term  ;)

LOL this is classic shit man I once thought your account was controlled by a high school kid, I began to doubt myself but seeing the idiocy youve displayed here makes me think my first assertion was correct...if im wrong then its all the more pathetic

how exactly does that definition make me a hypocrite

I think people who believe in that Obama is the antichrist are nutty

I actually hold that belief and my words and deeds are consistent so where is the hypocrisy

btw - why haven't you reposted your own tortured, convoluted and borderline retarded defintion again

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »

how exactly does that definition make me a hypocrite

I think people who believe in that Obama is the antichrist are nutty

I actually hold that belief and my words and deeds are consistent so where is the hypocrisy

btw - why haven't you reposted your own tortured, convoluted and borderline retarded defintion again
LOL my definition is consistent with that one  ;)

you ridicule ppl for believing in the anti christ without proof then turn around and say he doesnt exist without proof...do the math there hoss

a man who complains of cars speeding down his street, but speeds himself would be considered a hypocrite

a man who condemns ppl for believing something without proof, but believes in something without proof would be considered a...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
LOL my definition is consistent with that one  ;)

you ridicule ppl for believing in the anti christ without proof then turn around and say he doesnt exist without proof...do the math there hoss

a man who complains of cars speeding down his street, but speeds himself would be considered a hypocrite

a man who condemns ppl for believing something without proof, but believes in something without proof would be considered a...

I've done the math dipshit

I've done it repeatedly and showed it to you in terms that even a retarded 3rd grader could probably understand but some how you're still confused

let's try one last  time

1.  I'm  sure we can agree that no one can prove true or false any core beliefs of  any religion or as you so clumsily wrote "disprove religion"

Yes or No?

If Yes then by your standard no one can ever ridicule anyone elses religious belief without being a hypocrite

Correct?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »
I've done the math dipshit

I've done it repeatedly and showed it to you in terms that even a retarded 3rd grader could probably understand but some how you're still confused

let's try one last  time

1.  I'm  sure we can agree that no one can prove true or false any core beliefs of  any religion or as you so clumsily wrote "disprove religion"

Yes or No?

If Yes then by your standard no one can ever ridicule anyone elses religious belief without being a hypocrite

Correct?
sigh you can still criticize religion the hypocritical part comes from criticizing someone for believing in something without proof and then turning around an believing in something without proof...if you dont criticize them for beliving in that religion than...do the math...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2010, 07:36:06 PM »
well if there are 2 outcomes then the probability is 50/50 unless you can prove otherwise the default is 50/50 with 2 options

What 2 outcomes are there? Either the Christian god is real or not? What if Zeus is real or not? 50/50 is bogus. You are declaring, by fiat that it is 50/50 without evidence yourself.
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »
sigh you can still criticize religion the hypocritical part comes from criticizing someone for believing in something without proof and then turning around an believing in something without proof...if you dont criticize them for beliving in that religion than...do the math...

LOL - dude this is the funniest thing you're ever written

you just wrote that I can criticize religion and that it's only hypocrtical if I criticize them for believing something without proof and while believing something without proof

correct?

can you give me an example of something I can criticize (with proof of course) without being a hypocrite

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2010, 08:05:32 PM »
LOL - dude this is the funniest thing you're ever written

you just wrote that I can criticize religion and that it's only hypocrtical if I criticize them for believing something without proof and while believing something without proof

correct?

can you give me an example of something I can criticize (with proof of course) without being a hypocrite
oh my goodness dude, following the definition of hypocrisy you can criticize anybody but its hypocritical if you do what your ridiculing them of...ok that was simply an example...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2010, 08:07:40 PM »
oh my goodness dude, following the definition of hypocrisy you can criticize anybody but its hypocritical if you do what your ridiculing them of...ok that was simply an example...

where's the example of non-hypocrital criticism of a religious belief

come on man, this is your nutty theory, surely you must be able to scratch up at least one example