Author Topic: found out another good friend is NOT a CHRISTIAN!!!!  (Read 64110 times)

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
Re: found out another good friend is NOT a CHRISTIAN!!!!
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2010, 08:43:49 PM »
blah ha!  why do sperm and egg need to unite to reproduce anuslicious?  shit if repro was that easy that step woul never be a requirement no?  

let's hear your mountains of evidences not t believe in a god, tuna pants

pleeze explain this pube brain true anus and how it is a must for repro and how that is "evolving"

i will check in tomorrow to see your explanation

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
You really are delusional my friend.  You are all over the map, spouting popular young Earth Creationist Myths.

Hope this helps:

my brother, the earth is not young and all life evolved out of "lifeless" particles. true.

however that "life out of lifeless" part is just one more bit of the argument for God.  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
There are MOUNTAINS of evidence why not to believe in a god, there is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to believe in a god.  These are the two sides that ignorant agnostics seem to think have an equal probability of being true despite a hugely imbalanced scale.  

The probability of Existence without a god is 100 percent.  I am here.

Not too bright are ya?

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2010, 08:53:44 PM »
pleeze explain this pube brain true anus and how it is a must for repro and how that is "evolving"

i will check in tomorrow to see your explanation
There are many organisms that do not require Sperm or an Egg whatsoever. Ever heard of Asexual Reproduction?  Have you heard of little things called Self Replicating Bacteria and Viruses for one or plants that are able to pollinate themselves?

How about these: New-Mexican Whip-Tail Lizards
The asexual, all-female whiptail species Cnemidophorus neomexicanus (center), which reproduces via parthenogenesis, no male required, no male sperm needed whatsoever.

I Love The True Adon

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
Not too bright are ya?
coach will you please keep quiet when people are discussin the REASONS for believing in God. Or just during any discussion of God in general. Hateful, negative, hypocrits like yourself who are ignorant and push false ideas only hurt humanity, and God.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2010, 08:57:08 PM »
my brother, the earth is not young and all life evolved out of "lifeless" particles. true.

however that "life out of lifeless" part is just one more bit of the argument for God.  ;D
You are using young earth Creationist Arguments via the Thermodynamic Myth.  

You might want to drop that one since it is not only disastrously and blatantly false, it signifies you as a Young Earth Creationist as these are the ONLY types who believe that ignorant myth.
I Love The True Adon

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
 I hate debates about religion. They just endlessly go in circles.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »

however that "life out of lifeless" part is just one more bit of the argument for God.  ;D
Life on earth and its beginnings all started with RNA, a self-replicator.  Its not that complicated nor is it mystical.

There is no need to make leaps in logic with ZERO evidence.  Also, if we do not know something as of yet it is perfectly fine to say, "We do not know yet, we are still working on the answer".

You make the leap in logic and claim an answer with no Evidence, no working hypothesis, NOTHING.
I Love The True Adon

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
You are using young earth Creationist Arguments via the Thermodynamic Myth. 

You might want to drop that one since it is not only disastrously and blatantly false, it signifies you as a Young Earth Creationist as these are the ONLY types who believe that ignorant myth.
Life on earth and its beginnings all started with RNA, a self-replicator.  Its not that complicated nor is it mystical.

There is no need to make leaps in logic with ZERO evidence.  Also, if we do not know something as of yet it is perfectly fine to say, "We do not know yet, we are still working on the answer".

You make the leap in logic and claim an answer with no Evidence, no working hypothesis, NOTHING.

you thought i was using a "young earth creationist argument". but i was not.

adam, because there is one thing, there must have been another. there is no independant existance. modern science is based on that idea.  God is an absolutely necessary being, without which existence of any kind is impossible.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2010, 09:16:51 PM »
you thought i was using a "young earth creationist argument". but i was not.

adam, because there is one thing, there must have been another. there is no independant existance. modern science is based on that idea.  God is an absolutely necessary being, without which existence of any kind is impossible.
That IS a Young Earth Creationist Argument.  There is NO POSSIBLE WAY you can believe that myth unless out of sheer ignorance of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and of Evolution.

I Love The True Adon

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2010, 09:18:51 PM »
coach will you please keep quiet when people are discussin the REASONS for believing in God. Or just during any discussion of God in general. Hateful, negative, hypocrits like yourself who are ignorant and push false ideas only hurt humanity, and God.

Tbombz, for the most part your a good guy, but sometimes you come off as a 20 year old know it all that I would just like to smack the shit out of just to for you to realize a little common sense. You really know a lot less than you let on.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »
You really are delusional my friend.  You are all over the map, spouting popular young Earth Creationist Myths.

Hope this helps:

This shows more a misconception about thermodynamics than about evolution. The second law of thermodynamics says, "No process is possible in which the sole result is the transfer of energy from a cooler to a hotter body." [Atkins, 1984, The Second Law, pg. 25] Now you may be scratching your head wondering what this has to do with evolution. The confusion arises when the 2nd law is phrased in another equivalent way, "The entropy of a closed system cannot decrease." Entropy is an indication of unusable energy and often (but not always!) corresponds to intuitive notions of disorder or randomness. Creationists thus misinterpret the 2nd law to say that things invariably progress from order to disorder.

However, they neglect the fact that life is not a closed system. The sun provides more than enough energy to drive things. If a mature tomato plant can have more usable energy than the seed it grew from, why should anyone expect that the next generation of tomatoes can't have more usable energy still? Creationists sometimes try to get around this by claiming that the information carried by living things lets them create order. However, not only is life irrelevant to the 2nd law, but order from disorder is common in nonliving systems, too. Snowflakes, sand dunes, tornadoes, stalactites, graded river beds, and lightning are just a few examples of order coming from disorder in nature; none require an intelligent program to achieve that order. In any nontrivial system with lots of energy flowing through it, you are almost certain to find order arising somewhere in the system. If order from disorder is supposed to violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics, why is it ubiquitous in nature?

The thermodynamics argument against evolution displays a misconception about evolution as well as about thermodynamics, since a clear understanding of how evolution works should reveal major flaws in the argument. Evolution says that organisms reproduce with only small changes between generations (after their own kind, so to speak). For example, animals might have appendages which are longer or shorter, thicker or flatter, lighter or darker than their parents. Occasionally, a change might be on the order of having four or six fingers instead of five. Once the differences appear, the theory of evolution calls for differential reproductive success. For example, maybe the animals with longer appendages survive to have more offspring than short-appendaged ones. All of these processes can be observed today. They obviously don't violate any physical laws.

You're a total idiot Adam.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2010, 09:24:38 PM »
That IS a Young Earth Creationist Argument.  There is NO POSSIBLE WAY you can believe that myth unless out of sheer ignorance of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and of Evolution.

no its not, your taking me for some kind of uneducated fool who only spouts off arguments fed to him by retards.

To quote Hans Landa, We simply aren't operating on the level of mutual respect I assumed.

God is necessary, dont you get it. Nothing comes from nothing, everything comes from something. law of thermodynamics. theres a shitload of energy and matter- where did it all come from?

the deeper you delve into science the more it becomes obvious

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2010, 09:25:11 PM »
Cosmos and Creator
by Mark Eastman, M.D.    
PURSUE THIS TOPIC:
ARTICLES
Why Does God Allow Evil?

They have been called the two greatest questions that face mankind:

Does God exist, and if He does, what is His nature?

Since the time of the ancient Greek philosophers, the answers to these questions have been sought by examining the nature of the universe and its life forms. In the 20th century more evidence has accumulated to answer these questions than at any time in history.

In the book of Romans, the Apostle Paul made a remarkable statement regarding the relationship between our understanding of the universe and the existence and attributes of God.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
-Romans 1:18-20

According to Paul, not only is the existence of God inexcusably evident, but the invisible attributes of God can also be discerned with an examination of creation.

The Cosmos

By the turn of the 20th century many of the laws of physics had been described so successfully that many felt that all that remained was to confirm these laws to a few more decimal places. So successful were Isaac Newton's descriptive laws of motion and gravitation and Maxwell's laws of electromagnetism, that anomalies were often ignored or unrecognized by the physics community. However, when Albert Einstein published the first of his relativity theories in 1905, he shocked the physics community with a staggering new view of space, time, matter and energy. Though he did not know it at the time, his theories provided dramatic insights into the attributes of the Creator of the cosmos.

Among other things, what Einstein's theories revealed was that the flow of time and the structure of space were relative to the velocity, mass and acceleration of the observers. That is, their observed values were not fixed: they were relative.

For thousands of years scientists and philosophers believed that time was nothing more than an abstract notion, conceived in the minds of men, and used to describe the change seen in the physical world. Time, it was believed, was not a thing, it was a mental contrivance. Einstein showed that this was wrong. Time, Einstein showed, was "plastic." That is, it is a physical property of the universe, and that the observed rate that time flows depends on the physical conditions present at the measuring device.

In brief, Einstein's special and general theories of Relativity, now confirmed to at least 15 decimal places, predicted that when a clock travels at high velocity it slows down relative to an another clock whose position is fixed. The same slowing effect is seen when a clock is accelerated or is advanced toward an increasing gravitational field. In addition, Einstein showed that space and time are tightly coupled; so much so that physicists now refer to space-time when speaking of these components. But this was just the beginning.

Several years after Einstein's theories were published, astronomer Willem de Sitter found a mathematical error in Einstein's equations. When corrected, he found a startling mathematical prediction buried within his equations: The universe was finite! Space-time, matter, and energy had a beginning.

In his book, It's About Time, popular author and physicist Paul Davies remarks on this incredible discovery.

Modern scientific cosmology is the most ambitious enterprise of all to emerge from Einstein's work. When scientists began to explore the implications of Einstein's time for the universe as a whole, they made one of the most important discoveries in the history of human thought: that time, and hence all of physical reality, must have had a definite origin in the past. If time is flexible and mutable, as Einstein demonstrated, then it is possible for time to come into existence-and also to pass away again; there can be a beginning and an end to time.1

The Skeptic

I recently had an opportunity to speak on the origin of life at a major public university in Southern California. In attendance were a number of professors who are self-described agnostics. During the question period, one of the professors admitted that the evidence is compelling that the universe was indeed finite. He said that while he could not believe in God (because he couldn't see Him, or study Him scientifically) he said he did believe that someday scientists would discover a law that would explain the origin and order of the universe and its life forms.

After pointing out that he had just expressed faith - the belief in things unseen, but hoped for - I asked him if he believed that the laws of physics, which work in our space-time domain, also had a beginning. He was forced to concede that they did because they would have no place to act before the space-time domain existed.

The final blow came when I asked him if he then believed that some "law" of physics could explain the origin of the laws of physics! He saw the point: The laws of physics cannot be the cause of the laws of physics! The cause of the universe and its laws must be must be independent of the space-time domain, exactly as the Bible claimed 3,500 years earlier!

The Creator

Paul's statement regarding the attributes of God being discerned by an examination of the nature of the universe is quite staggering, considering the state of scientific knowledge in the first century A.D. At that time it was commonly believed that the universe was eternal. In the face of that commonly held bias, the Bible clearly taught that the universe was finite, and the Creator is independent of time and space-exactly as 20th century cosmology suggests.

In the Beginning God created the heavens an the earth... -Genesis 1:1

...&God, (v.9) who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.
-2 Timothy 1:8-9 NKJ

...in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began.
- Titus 1:2 NKJ

The finiteness of space-time not only points to a Creator who is independent of the cosmos, but it also gives us insight into the minimum resume of such a Being.

The Uncaused Cause

In my discussion with the agnostic professors, I asked them to give me the caveat, for the sake of my next argument, that God did indeed exist. They agreed. I then asked them what would be the minimum "resume" of such a Being. Remarkably, they were quite insightful in their deductions. They quickly recognized that such a Being would not only have to be independent of space-time, but must also be incredibly powerful, incredibly intelligent and able to act unencumbered, simultaneously inside and outside the time domain. Remarkably, without recognizing it, they had described the resume of the Creator as revealed in the Biblical text!

Among other things, the law of cause and effect asserts that a cause is always greater than its effect. Applied to the cosmos it means that the Creator must be more powerful than all the energy stored in all the stars in all the galaxies in the entire universe. Physicists believe that there are at least 1080 particles in the universe. Einstein's famous equation, E=mc2 indicates that the energy stored in the mass of the universe is equal to the mass times the speed of light squared! From this perspective, the Creator must be an all-powerful, omnipotent Being. This very attribute is credited to God throughout the Bible's text.

Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee.
-Jeremiah 32:17

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
-Jeremiah 32:27

In my discussion with the professors, even they admitted that all the chemists, molecular biologists, and physicists in the world combined have been unable to create a DNA molecule from raw elements; hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon, phosphorus, etc. Moreover, molecular biologists admit that living cells are metabolic machines which are vastly more complicated than any machine made by mankind. They agreed in principle that the nature of these cellular "machines" would require a Being possessing unfathomable intelligence. Such a Being would be, from our limited perspective, an all-knowing, omniscient Creator. Throughout the Bible's text God is described in such terms. For example, in Jeremiah 1:5, God's omniscience is illustrated in his foreknowledge of the prophet even before he was born:

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.
-Jer 1:5

The infinite knowledge of God2 is proclaimed in 1 John 3:20 and in Psalm 147:5:

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
-1 John 3:20

Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; his understanding is infinite.
-Psalm 147:5

Finally, if our space-time domain is the direct creation of God, then once He created the cosmos, in order to organize and uphold the galaxies, solar system and its life forms, the Creator must be able to act simultaneously, inside and outside the space time domain. This attribute we call omnipresence. This too is an attribute that is ascribed to God throughout the Bible's text.3

Am I a God near at hand," says the LORD, "And not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, So I shall not see him?" says the LORD; "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" says the LORD.
-Jeremiah 23:23-24

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
-Matthew 18:20

God: A Force?

At the end of my discussion, one of the professors asked, "Why did God create us in the first place?" I couldn't believe my ears! To answer this question we needed to deal with another attribute that I believe is also a minimum attribute of God: Personhood. Although Albert Einstein eventually came to a belief in a Creator, he did not believe in a personal God. This was primarily because he believed that a benevolent God would not allow so much evil and suffering in the world. But is this reasonable? I don't believe so.

As expected, at the end of the evening, like Einstein before them, the professors expressed the most common objection to the existence of a personal God: the problem of evil. Like so many skeptics today, they framed the question: "If God exists, if God is a personal Being, if God loves me, then why does he allow evil?" The answer to this question can also be discerned by an examination of "the things that are made."

The answer is so startling and so beautiful and so important because it ties together not only the nature of God and the nature of mankind, but it also provides the answer to the ultimate questions in life: The answers to my origin, meaning, morality and destiny! For this discussion, stay tuned next month.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
''Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence''

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »
''Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence''
what would you call life?  what would you call atomic energy ? what would you call existence?

EXTRAORDINARY

one of the brilliant things about God is logic, and how it applies to his essence. circular? as is everything  :)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2010, 09:33:56 PM »

one of the brilliant things about God is logic, and how it applies to his essence. circular? as is everything  :)
You can switch the word God for a black cock or a white unicorn   and it wouldn't make any difference to me  :)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »
Hold up.......Lets just consider for a minute about organized religious beliefs about the world and how it is past and present......Devote christians would say it hasn't changed....Eventhough, they have revised the bible many times over to fit popular demand....If I am wrong, than why has it been revised so many times? Why are there scriptures "lost"(eliminated) to fit the need of organized religious persuit???
You Can't Do It!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2010, 02:50:54 AM »
Is that damn priest at it again? You know, you can report him.
;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2010, 02:57:52 AM »
only a f@ggy, herd following liberal would think that the height of intellect is to rip only on Christianity......

way to be a mindless insect, you parents must be proud

the jewish controlled media told you to hate the religion of your forefathers.......and you did; like a lobotomized cow.

thats just how sheep-le like you are.....you conform to whatever the pictures and words on the screen of the picturebox tell you to

you have the power to help humanity_right now_today............... put a gun in your mouth, and kill yourself

sheep

My rejection of Christianity has nothing to do with being Jewish.

I'm just not stupid enough to believe in fairy tales, but you are more than welcome to...and I'm more than welcome to remind you that you're not capable of higher thought.  No biggie.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2010, 04:37:17 AM »
Any religious system is not about facts, it's about believing.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
what part of the country do you live in where this christianity is shoved down your throat?

midwest...family...frien ds...work...facebook...n eighbors...people that come knocking
on my door...people protesting me when i walk out of movies calling me a sinner for
going to a fucking movie...bumper stickers...news...

like i said, fucking everywhere

maybe i should start knocking on peoples doors spreading the word of physics ;D

and to those calling me a coward, ignorant, etc...i rip on christianity because i was brought
up in it...i am allowed to tear into shit that has been a disease during my life

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »
no fuckdick, they are people who are humble enough to admit that they as humans simply do not have the information available to them to make a definite, indisputable declaration either way.

something over-emotional, illogical white trash like yourself would not be able to understand because you are so convinced that you already know everything, which you dont cause your a fucking moron with the critical thinking capacity of a house fly

though i wouldnt technically be classified as a true agnostic because i believe in a higher intelligence, just not of the understanding of mainstream religion, but in the same sense it would be arrogant to say that i know 100% for certain that god exists, because like i said, i just dont have that level of information.

it all-or-nothing, black and white ideologue retards like yourself who are responsible for all the intolerance and hate presently observed in our society

you just contradicted yourself within the same text, you have lost your posting privileges for one week, starting tomorrow.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »
Any religious system is not about facts, it's about believing.

Really, there are thousands of archeological findings that coincide with what is found in the Bible. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2010, 09:19:24 AM »
no its not, your taking me for some kind of uneducated fool who only spouts off arguments fed to him by retards.

To quote Hans Landa, We simply aren't operating on the level of mutual respect I assumed.

God is necessary, dont you get it. Nothing comes from nothing, everything comes from something. law of thermodynamics. theres a shitload of energy and matter- where did it all come from?

the deeper you delve into science the more it becomes obvious

why does everything but god need a creator, your logic doesn't follow aka non sequitor. If energy is neither created nor destroyed that would imply it always existed, a beginning is not needed and is perhaps a fallacy of our restricted perceptions. Something can come from nothing by the way, this has been proven. I find the deeper i delve into science the more obvious it is that everything is random and no intelligence is needed. Placing god at the start of your chain with no reason why he doesn't need a creator himself adds more to the question, you place a hypercomplex being at the start before even the simplest thing existed.