Author Topic: BARNEY FRANK with RON PAUL team up and call for 25% Reduction of Military Budget  (Read 7750 times)

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
http://massbeacon.com/2010/04/01/barney-frank-calls-for-25-reduction-in-military-budget/

Barney Frank calls for 25% reduction in military budget
April 1, 2010 By Conor

Congressman Barney Frank
  I hadn’t actually intended to write anything remotely serious today, but I think there is just too much going on for me to fully enjoy a day of April Fool’s revelry.
For starters, I spent the morning at the Greater Boston Chamber’s Government Affairs Forum, where Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) unveiled his new planned effort to seek a 25% reduction in military spending.  The Congressman said that his effort was aimed at reducing the budget deficit, and he had allied himself with Ron Paul and the Cato Institute.
Frank says his proposal would not be necessarily aimed at our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but at reducing our military presence in other parts of the world where it may not be needed any longer.
The basic idea Frank put forward is that our current military operations are still too focused on Cold War and WWII geography.  He noted that we still have a military base in Germany, and wondered aloud who we were actually protecting the Europeans from.
“I do not understand why Europe needs the U.S. to protect it,” Frank said. “The time has come to tell the European Union to defend itself.”  He added, “We are putting up missiles in Eastern Europe to defend Romania and Poland from Iran.  Iran doesn’t want to launch missiles at Romania and Poland.”
While he acknowledged that there are bad people in the world, he said it should no longer be the duty of the Pentagon to serve as, “the world’s military reserve.”
I think it’s a very interesting proposal and topic for discussion.
What do the Beaconeers think?
I Love The True Adon

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
this is dangerous... barney frank gets the Ron Paul revolution kids to get excited about him, and it helps the dems.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Can't say I completely disagree. The EU isn't living in the shadow of the USSR with the spectre of a thrust to the Rhine and total collapse anymore.

But the missle shield talk was dumb. The shield isn't in Poland or Romania for the reason of protecting those specific nations.

But yes, spend the military budget on protecting America, not Europe. As long as a cut doesn't curtail our ability to project power and bring a massive amount of force to bear at any time in any place...I'm cool with it.

I don't want a Clinton military though. If this is what they are aiming for....no way.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Ron Paul has a long history working with Barney Frank and the two are on the same page on many issues and introduce many bills together.

I like Barney Frank a whole lot and am glad there is at least one Republican in congress that does as well.
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Can't say I completely disagree. The EU isn't living in the shadow of the USSR with the spectre of a thrust to the Rhine and total collapse anymore.

But the missle shield talk was dumb. The shield isn't in Poland or Romania for the reason of protecting those specific nations.

But yes, spend the military budget on protecting America, not Europe. As long as a cut doesn't curtail our ability to project power and bring a massive amount of force to bear at any time in any place...I'm cool with it.

I don't want a Clinton military though. If this is what they are aiming for....no way.
Ron Paul has advocated 50 percent reduction initially if he were elected and further reduction as the years go by as needed.

I don`t think many Republicans would be on board with that.  That is one area where I support Ron Paul.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you don`t support that much of a reduction as per your previous post, do you?
I Love The True Adon

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
http://massbeacon.com/2010/04/01/barney-frank-calls-for-25-reduction-in-military-budget/

Barney Frank calls for 25% reduction in military budget
April 1, 2010 By Conor

Congressman Barney Frank
  I hadn’t actually intended to write anything remotely serious today, but I think there is just too much going on for me to fully enjoy a day of April Fool’s revelry.
For starters, I spent the morning at the Greater Boston Chamber’s Government Affairs Forum, where Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) unveiled his new planned effort to seek a 25% reduction in military spending.  The Congressman said that his effort was aimed at reducing the budget deficit, and he had allied himself with Ron Paul and the Cato Institute.
Frank says his proposal would not be necessarily aimed at our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but at reducing our military presence in other parts of the world where it may not be needed any longer.
The basic idea Frank put forward is that our current military operations are still too focused on Cold War and WWII geography.  He noted that we still have a military base in Germany, and wondered aloud who we were actually protecting the Europeans from.
“I do not understand why Europe needs the U.S. to protect it,” Frank said. “The time has come to tell the European Union to defend itself.”  He added, “We are putting up missiles in Eastern Europe to defend Romania and Poland from Iran.  Iran doesn’t want to launch missiles at Romania and Poland.”
While he acknowledged that there are bad people in the world, he said it should no longer be the duty of the Pentagon to serve as, “the world’s military reserve.”
I think it’s a very interesting proposal and topic for discussion.
What do the Beaconeers think?

Learning how to communicate without formatting is a true skill and one few make much effort to hone. To be able to communicate with clarity simply by the words you choose and how you choose to use them without relying on bolding, font size, caps or colors is the true sign of a skilled communicator.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Learning how to communicate without formatting is a true skill and one few make much effort to hone. To be able to communicate with clarity simply by the words you choose and how you choose to use them without relying on bolding, font size, caps or colors is the true sign of a skilled communicator.

Completely agree. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
what is the military spending as a % of US budget?
What about compared to domestic things?

I wonder if the people screaming about him cutting the military know how many bases we actually have compared to other nations.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
I would not disagree with cutting international military budgets.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Completely agree. 
I Disagree given the poor comprehension skills and the lack of attention displayed by many on this board.  I doubt most read an entire article let alone even understand what they are reading. Highlighting helps these challenged individuals.
I Love The True Adon

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I Disagree given the poor comprehension skills and the lack of attention displayed by many on this board.  I doubt most read an entire article let alone even understand what they are reading. Highlighting helps these challenged individuals.

No it doesn't.  It shows that you aren't very confident in your ability to make your point and that you probably aren't right very often.  It's pretty primitive. 

Using large font, bold, color, etc. are much more effective when used sparingly. 

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
No it doesn't.  It shows that you aren't very confident in your ability to make your point and that you probably aren't right very often.  It's pretty primitive.  

Using large font, bold, color, etc. are much more effective when used sparingly.  

I am not highlighting my article, somebody else`s. I am confident that the author is making his point, however I am NOT confident that you and others posses the ability to read an entire article and understand the main points.  

Also, Can you please link me to the rule book on internet highlighting?  Where did you derive the authority from and would like to read the rules.  Thanks.
I Love The True Adon

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Dude..They replaced the bun with Fried Chicken...how player is that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Are you doing Meth today TA?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I am not highlighting my article, somebody else`s. I am confident that the author is making his point, however I am NOT confident that you and others posses the ability to read an entire article and understand the main points.  

Also, Can you please link me to the rule book on internet highlighting?  Where did you derive the authority from and would like to read the rules.  Thanks.

Authority = life experience and common sense.  

Also, it's much more effective to think independently instead of relying on out-of-context quotes by others.  

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Authority = life experience and common sense.  

Also, it's much more effective to think independently instead of relying on out-of-context quotes by others.  
I don`t think you have much authority if that is your criteria.  Sorry you own personal biases and prejudices are not an authority as you claim.

Furthermore, I was pointing out a fact to which we then can discuss.  I have seen you do it as well.  There is nothing wrong with posting factual articles and especially ones that include the entire context.

So you admit that you just made up the rule book on internet highlighting borne out of nothing more than your own personal prejudice/bias?
I Love The True Adon

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
No it doesn't.  It shows that you aren't very confident in your ability to make your point and that you probably aren't right very often.  It's pretty primitive. 

Exactly!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I don`t think you have much authority if that is your criteria.  Sorry you own personal biases and prejudices are not an authority as you claim.

Furthermore, I was pointing out a fact to which we then can discuss.  I have seen you do it as well.  There is nothing wrong with posting factual articles and especially ones that include the entire context.

So you admit that you just made up the rule book on internet highlighting borne out of nothing more than your own personal prejudice/bias?

lol.  Apparently, you don't understand the distinction between providing information and/or discussion pieces by way of articles (me) and using select portions of articles and video clips to try and argue various points (you).  

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
lol.  Apparently, you don't understand the distinction between providing information and/or discussion pieces by way of articles (me) and using select portions of articles and video clips to try and argue various points (you).  
Uh, I ALWAYS post THE ENTIRE article with a source and a link.

You, not so much.  Have a look at your Clinton Donor Thread.  You didn`t post the entire article as I do.  :-\
I Love The True Adon

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

So you admit that few people want to read your posts?  Formatting text is okay as long as you don't overdo it, but you more than over do it.  Just keep your posts interesting and people will read them.

As for a rule book on document contents, did you not take professional writing in college?  Did you go to college?  Have you ever developed professional web contents for commercial websites?  Do you see professional websites display exaggerated text formatting like you do?  They want visitors to read the contents of their website just as much as you want people here to read your posts, but unlike you they don't rely on excessive bolding, font size, caps or colors.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
So you admit that few people want to read your posts?  Formatting text is okay as long as you don't overdo it, but you more than over do it.  Just keep your posts interesting and people will read them.

As for a rule book on document contents, did you not take professional writing in college?  Did you go to college?  Have you ever developed professional web contents for commercial websites?  Do you see professional websites display exaggerated text formatting like you do?  They want visitors to read the contents of their website just as much as you want people here to read your posts, but unlike you they don't rely on excessive bolding, font size, caps or colors.
Tell that to Matt Drudge.  ;D
I Love The True Adon

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Precisely. 

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
lol.  Apparently, you don't understand the distinction between providing information and/or discussion pieces by way of articles (me) and using select portions of articles and video clips try and argue various points (you). 
Furthermore, I think Primary Sources are best.  The horse`s mouth, if available, is always the best thing to post in my opinion.  Sorry if you disagree.
I Love The True Adon

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Furthermore, I think Primary Sources are best.  The horse`s mouth, if available, is always the best thing to post in my opinion.  Sorry if you disagree.

I don't agree or disagree.  If you need other people to think for you, that's your business.  We all have to deal with whatever our strengths and weaknesses might be. 

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III

1. People will read my posts or they won`t.  I have no control over it, but the best I can do is post the entire thing and highlight some relevant points if necessary.

2. Writing and Literature are very dear to me.  Writing courses in college were a joke.  The St. Martins Guide to Writing (if you went to college you would know what this book is) is pitiful. I still have all of my books and not a one can make you a better writer.  As Gore Vidal says, "If you have to go to school to become a writer, you aren`t one".  I wonder if Shakespeare could have written better if he read the St. Martins Guide to Writing.  :-\

3.  I do see MANY, MANY, MANY websites displaying exaggerated writing.  I can`t name one that does not.  240 is a web designer, if you look at his pages, all are VERY bold.  Go to Microsoft`s website, Youtube, CNN, wherever and you will find BOLD DRAMATIC FONT.  Advertisers especially know the value of doing this.  There is a little thing called Information Process Biasing.  You should look into it.  I doubt that you will, but I`d be more than happy to post about it.  You may find it interesting.  Also research Edward Bernays.  You may get something out of that.

4. Much to your Dismay, There are no rules or rulebooks for internet highlighting.  Sorry.  :-\
I Love The True Adon