Author Topic: Police: Failed NYC car bomber may be white male in his 40s  (Read 2861 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Police: Failed NYC car bomber may be white male in his 40s
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »
Updated at 8:29 a.m.] There is still no "credible evidence" that the Pakistani Taliban was responsible for the Times Square bomb incident, a senior U.S. military official told CNN on Monday.

'We assess the claim to be of low credibility," said the source, who emphasized that the investigation is in its early stages.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 01:52:54 PM »
I'm not saying anything.....  Just watching.......

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
youre a lawyer. 

They use the phrase 'person of interest' all the time when they mean suspect.  Unless you believe the guy with rigid posture staring at the bomb vehicle, quickly changing his shirt, was just a really good witness.

Don't they have to give a person add'l rights/privledges once he is officially called a SUSPECT?  Aren't the police more effective without that label?  Why yes, they are.  Read this:

Jim Kouri, a spokesman for the National Association of Chiefs of Police, says "person of interest" often is a euphemism for "suspect." If it's a suspect and you say 'person of interest,' you're using the euphemism to avoid problems down the line," says Kouri, a former New York housing police officer.

What problems?

Police sometimes "try to maintain that the person really isn't a suspect" in order to get him to agree to questioning without Miranda warnings, Kouri says. "You don't want the guy to lawyer up." Kouri says across the country, "it's the legal counsel telling police chiefs that they should instruct their officers and train them to use that term."

So you see, of course law enforcement isn't going to call him a suspect because then they have to mirandize his ass.  Make sense?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 02:11:37 PM »
240 and blacken - do you think every white guy in NYC is like this?  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 02:15:43 PM »
holy fuck is that you 333386 in your apartment :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 02:19:16 PM »
holy fuck is that you 333386 in your apartment :D :D

I dont have a mohawk.    ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 02:23:42 PM »
if thats the case who am I arguing with when I comment on you idiotic "should the cops stop every white guy who is in his 40's" comment?

why dont you try answering the questions i pose to you?
bump for a response brain child... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
240 and the rest of the libs are so upset that this is going to turn out to not be a glen beck, rush, tea party granny. 

Peter King, Congressman from Long Island, is on radion wo saying this is turning into an international situation.

I'm sure 240, Straw, Blacken, Danny, and Lurker are going to be sad that their hopes that it was another McVeigh are going down the toilet.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
where did I say I HOPED it would be another mcveigh?  I posted the news article where police say it MAY be a white male in his 40s.

And tony,
I'm pointing out the idiocy of the policy (as MANY lawmakers are now interpreting, and which has since been REWRITTEN) which allowed for stoppin without reason.  I know, 33 says otherwise - but a shitload of LEO, elected officials, and legal scholars all fear it'll result in "papers please" policy.

It would be bullshit to stop every white male in their 40s and demand papers, just as it's bullshit to stop a single american in our borders and demand papers.  Before this attack, I said, if some local white bald mucsclebound guy pulled some BS, it would still not be right to "papers please!" on americans.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »
You know we are just messin w you 240.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »
where did I say I HOPED it would be another mcveigh?  I posted the news article where police say it MAY be a white male in his 40s.

And tony,
I'm pointing out the idiocy of the policy (as MANY lawmakers are now interpreting, and which has since been REWRITTEN) which allowed for stoppin without reason.  I know, 33 says otherwise - but a shitload of LEO, elected officials, and legal scholars all fear it'll result in "papers please" policy.

It would be bullshit to stop every white male in their 40s and demand papers, just as it's bullshit to stop a single american in our borders and demand papers.  Before this attack, I said, if some local white bald mucsclebound guy pulled some BS, it would still not be right to "papers please!" on americans.
LOL the original law never gave the right to pull ppl over based on race or ethinicity... ;) so your analogy is complete shit...It also never allowed to be stopped without reason it always had to be in terms of lawful contact... ::) again rendering your analogy complete shit...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
i know dude.

I think everyone here would personally torture the shit out of the terrorist, no matter what country he's from.  

you know me, i'd argue the sky's blue.  it's funny, on every issue of the week, we at getbig find ways to become angrily divided on the topic.  we can't all agree the oil spill sucks.  Some of us have to point at Obama and claim a CT, some of us have to mock Palin's silence on "drill baby drill", etc.  I think I'm not the only one here who likes to argue everything :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
"LOL the original law never gave the right to pull ppl over based on race or ethinicity...  so your analogy is complete shit...It also never allowed to be stopped without reason it always had to be in terms of lawful contact...  again rendering your analogy complete shit..."

That's one point of view, Tony, and it's shared by many here.

However, there is another point of view, shared by everyone from far-left constitutional lawyers to far-right neocons with nothing to gain from hispandering like Bill Kristol.  They all believe it will lead to abuses of the law, resulting in legal americans being carded without breaking the law in any way.

So while I respect the opinions shard by some here - I cannot discount those like Tancredo and Kristol, who say there is potential for abuse.  Plsuus - the fact they rewrote the law, shows there was already some 'wiggle room" they had to clear up.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »
"LOL the original law never gave the right to pull ppl over based on race or ethinicity...  so your analogy is complete shit...It also never allowed to be stopped without reason it always had to be in terms of lawful contact...  again rendering your analogy complete shit..."

That's one point of view, Tony, and it's shared by many here.

However, there is another point of view, shared by everyone from far-left constitutional lawyers to far-right neocons with nothing to gain from hispandering like Bill Kristol.  They all believe it will lead to abuses of the law, resulting in legal americans being carded without breaking the law in any way.

So while I respect the opinions shard by some here - I cannot discount those like Tancredo and Kristol, who say there is potential for abuse.  Plsuus - the fact they rewrote the law, shows there was already some 'wiggle room" they had to clear up.
Every law will lead to abuses 240 you do realize that correct? youre not that ignorant are you?

are you now in favor of the new rewritten law?

what is the text of the new law and how does it differ 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »
why don't they rewrite EVERY law then, tony?

Why don't Ed Shultz, tancreo and Kristol speak out on EVERY law then, tony?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
You didn't know they changed the bill?

The changes include one strengthening restrictions against using race or ethnicity as the basis for questioning by the police and inserting those same restrictions in other parts of the law. Another change states that questions of immigration status would follow a law enforcement officer’s stopping, detaining or arresting a person while enforcing another law. The earlier law had referred to a “contact” with police.

Another change specifies that possible violations of local civil ordinances can trigger questioning on immigration status.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 04:20:45 PM »
why don't they rewrite EVERY law then, tony?

Why don't Ed Shultz, tancreo and Kristol speak out on EVERY law then, tony?
the question is 240 why dont you protest every law?

Im sure for a freedom loving patriot such as yourself you can see how every law can be abused, cant you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »
You didn't know they changed the bill?

The changes include one strengthening restrictions against using race or ethnicity as the basis for questioning by the police and inserting those same restrictions in other parts of the law. Another change states that questions of immigration status would follow a law enforcement officer’s stopping, detaining or arresting a person while enforcing another law. The earlier law had referred to a “contact” with police.

Another change specifies that possible violations of local civil ordinances can trigger questioning on immigration status.
I honestly stopped following it, I couldnt take the constant willful ignorance from ppl such as yourself who constantly misstated the law purposely simply to fit their idiotic view points.

so do you agree with the bill now? or are you waiting to see how the politicians and obama tell you to feel?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
"the question is 240 why dont you protest every law?"

Most laws don't give police power to demand legal americans show their papers.

Far left and far-right are united against this bill.  And the writers originally made it any "contact" with police.  That's weak and shady as hell, come on dude.  The face they had to change to say "enforcing another law".

plenty of wiggle room there.  And I'm honestly not going to continue that 2-week old debate.  The fact they changed it showed tancredo, Rubio, Jeb, and Kristol were correct - the bill gave police the ability to grab anyone for ID.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »
"the question is 240 why dont you protest every law?"

Most laws don't give police power to demand legal americans show their papers.

Far left and far-right are united against this bill.  And the writers originally made it any "contact" with police.  That's weak and shady as hell, come on dude.  The face they had to change to say "enforcing another law".

plenty of wiggle room there.  And I'm honestly not going to continue that 2-week old debate.  The fact they changed it showed tancredo, Rubio, Jeb, and Kristol were correct - the bill gave police the ability to grab anyone for ID.
you mean just like it gives them the right to pull anyone over they want? its their discretion as to whos driving unsafe correct? and when they do they make you show them your license dont they? hmmm sounds like you should be against drunk driving laws too...doubtful though

just answer this question then 240 as I know you will side step the ones that make you look foolish, Are you in agreement with the new version of the law?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 04:58:22 PM »
I like the new law a lot better than version 1.

I'm sure version 3 will be even better.

I am "in agreement" with putting troops on the border, paying snitches to deliver empoyers hiring illegals, and yes, breaking their legs when deporting them.  But hey, I'm just a pussy lib who's soft on illegals, what can I say.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »
I like the new law a lot better than version 1.

I'm sure version 3 will be even better.

I am "in agreement" with putting troops on the border, paying snitches to deliver empoyers hiring illegals, and yes, breaking their legs when deporting them.  But hey, I'm just a pussy lib who's soft on illegals, what can I say.
but youre not for deporting those who are arrested for other crimes?

youre ok with ICE harrasing suspected employers but youre not ok with officers harrasing suspected illegals? hmmm seems like there would be alot more waste and potential for abuse in your system...

no worries 240 when its cool to be conservative again im sure your pendulum will swing back our way  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
"but youre not for deporting those who are arrested for other crimes?"

When in the motherfvk have I EVER said that?   Where?  Link, please.

i was shocked they aren't being deported WHEN ARRESTED.  Of course I think they should be beaten and kicked out if arrested for something, then it is proven they are an illegal.

I just don't think a single american should ever have to "show his papers" when he hasn't broken a law.

Again, why make up silly positions like that for me?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
Updated at 6:07 p.m] From CNN's Alan Chernoff: Former NYPD Bomb Squad member Kevin Barry says the bomb found in an SUV Saturday night in Times Square "had no known signature," meaning it was not constructed in a fashion used by known terror organizations. In particular, Barry refers to the fact that the bomb had two timers.

"It's the first device of this type in quite a while. So we have no signature yet. Were we to see two or three more of these in the area, or within the U.S. then we might say, 'Listen we have a new group and they have somebody that is building these for them,'” said Barry.

In addition to the timers, bomb designers may differ in “how they twist wires, how they solder them, how they connect batteries, what products they use,” he said. That leads him to believe this was the work of either an individual or a new organization.

Barry says he trained the lead bomb squad technician who handled Saturday's explosive and spoke with him this morning about his dismantling of the device.

He says it did not detonate because the igniter did not have enough energy to detonate the bomb. Instead of detonating, it deflagrated (burned rapidly), Barry said. That would be consistent with the explosions, flames and smoke inside of the SUV that eyewitnesses described.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »
"but youre not for deporting those who are arrested for other crimes?"

When in the motherfvk have I EVER said that?   Where?  Link, please.

i was shocked they aren't being deported WHEN ARRESTED.  Of course I think they should be beaten and kicked out if arrested for something, then it is proven they are an illegal.

I just don't think a single american should ever have to "show his papers" when he hasn't broken a law.

Again, why make up silly positions like that for me?
LMAO why make up silly positions for this law?

and I didnt make it up it was a question...i noticed how you dance around that in the quote i used for that post...hence the question...

did you know in arizona a they do not give license to illegals like other states? so simply giving a license to an officer is proof for arizona residents? are these the papers youre refering to 240? a license? you shouldnt have to give a license when an officer is investigating a crime?