Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 1016499 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2011, 04:14:15 AM »
Documents: SWAT officer fired 'until his weapon ran dry'
KOLD news ^ | 5/26/2011 | Sonu Wasu

________________________ ________________________ _________-

The Pima County Sheriff's Department released video, audio, and more than 500 pages of incident reports and interview transcripts related to the May 5 shooting death of a former Marine.

The shooting took place while officers were serving a warrant in a drug conspiracy case at Jose Guerena's home, on Redwater Street.

The SWAT team arrived at the home just before 9:30 a.m., hoping that children would be out of the house and at school at that time.

The video of the whole incident times out at 1 minute and 17 seconds.

It starts with a team of SWAT officers driving up to the Guerena home.

It appears to be peaceful and quiet, but in transcripts officers stated they were on high alert, after being told the suspect they were about to encounter could be armed, and that they were heading to a home where the residents may be linked to home invasions, drug deals and possibly murder.

When they get to the scene they quickly take up their positions.

In an audio recording provided to KOLD News 13 by the Sheriff's Department, you can hear SWAT officers knocking on the front door and announcing who they are at least three times. They do this in both English and Spanish.

(Excerpt) Read more at kold.com ...

________________________ ___________________-

This is the definition of the police state.   

There were so many better ways to handle this its not even funny.   

War on Drugs is such total nonsene its not even funny.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2011, 04:19:06 AM »
Here is the video.

Total bullshit.

http://azstarnet.com/online/video/vmix_79f8c3e2-8804-11e0-a06f-001cc4c002e0.html

I hope these cpps and dupnick go away a long time.   Total nonsense. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2011, 04:27:57 AM »
Obama signs 4-year Patriot Act extension in France
YahooNews (AP) ^ | 5/27/2011 | Jim Abrams

WASHINGTON – Congress on Thursday passed a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists. Votes taken in rapid succession in the Senate and House came after lawmakers rejected attempts to temper the law enforcement powers to ensure that individual liberties are not abused.

Following the 250-153 evening vote in the House, the legislation to renew three terrorism-fighting authorities headed for the president's signature with only hours to go before the provisions expire at midnight.

With Obama currently in France, the White House said the president would use an autopen machine that holds a pen and signs his actual signature.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2011, 04:58:12 AM »
That plate scanner sounds pretty fascist to me. Just like DUI checkpoints.

Check out the video I posted.  Disgusting.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »
That plate scanner sounds pretty fascist to me. Just like DUI checkpoints.

License plates have no expectation of privacy and they can be observed from a public place and are clearly designed as such. I just don't see the connection at all. In fact, it is quite a stretch..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2011, 05:59:51 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2011, 06:09:04 AM »
Here is the video.

Total bullshit.

http://azstarnet.com/online/video/vmix_79f8c3e2-8804-11e0-a06f-001cc4c002e0.html

I hope these cpps and dupnick go away a long time.   Total nonsense. 

I saw the video. Looks legit to me. I will post a comment I saw on the site that pretty much echos my sentiment.

SWAT doesn't accidentally arrive at your house. They were there executing a just and valid warrant. They had corroborated information that the people involved in this investigation were violent and carried firearms. The shooting was ABSOLUTELY justified and any of you that are crying for this criminal shocks me. What would you do? Ask the guy if his safety is on and politely ask him to put the assault rifle down?

The Supreme Court has established that police shootings are not to be held to the reasonableness standard of the general public, and listening to you guys crying over this I am thankful for that. This shooting will be evaluated under the standard of what a reasonable OFFICER would do. And PCSO takes many pains to identify themselves, with markings, sirens, yelling police, etc..for the exact scenario that presented itself in this case.

Any subject who levels a firearm at these HEROS did it knowlingly and in wreckless disregard of the safety of him and that of his wife and child. He knew it was the police. His lying wife knew it was the police. And when the family, if they even try it, loses in court, I hope you all will apologive to the HEROS of the PCSO Regional SWAT Team.

I'll add that they were more than reasonable by running the siren. They took longer to make entry after announcing than was probably prudent. You have information there are guns and they may be involved in home invasions you really don't want to allow the suspects to arm themselves like this guy apparently did. When confronted with a suspect with an assault rifle during a dynamic entry you shoot. In fact, placed in that situation, everyone on this board would shoot or likely be dead within a couple years of working the street because you can't make a hard decision under pressure. That the gun was on safe plays no part of the overall situation.

The only thing technically wrong with that entry in my opinion is with the info they had, they waited too long to make entry. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2011, 06:12:13 AM »
They did not have a warrant for his house and found nothing at all in the house!   Guess why Sheriff Dipshit wont release the warrant?  Because there was none! 

Please -that video is horrific.   

The siren was only going for a few seconds and did not even sound lke a police siren.  The van was unmarked and there were no marked cars identifying this as police.   

Finally - they did not give the man an adequate time to come to the door before kicking it in.   

This is total bullshit.     

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2011, 06:19:47 AM »
They did not have a warrant for his house and found nothing at all in the house!   Guess why Sheriff Dipshit wont release the warrant?  Because there was none! 

Please -that video is horrific.   

The siren was only going for a few seconds and did not even sound lke a police siren.  The van was unmarked and there were no marked cars identifying this as police.   

Finally - they did not give the man an adequate time to come to the door before kicking it in.   

This is total bullshit.     

Really? You know for a fact they had no warrant? I call bs on it.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2011, 06:22:34 AM »
I saw the video. Looks legit to me. I will post a comment I saw on the site that pretty much echos my sentiment.

SWAT doesn't accidentally arrive at your house. They were there executing a just and valid warrant. They had corroborated information that the people involved in this investigation were violent and carried firearms. The shooting was ABSOLUTELY justified and any of you that are crying for this criminal shocks me. What would you do? Ask the guy if his safety is on and politely ask him to put the assault rifle down?

The Supreme Court has established that police shootings are not to be held to the reasonableness standard of the general public, and listening to you guys crying over this I am thankful for that. This shooting will be evaluated under the standard of what a reasonable OFFICER would do. And PCSO takes many pains to identify themselves, with markings, sirens, yelling police, etc..for the exact scenario that presented itself in this case.

Any subject who levels a firearm at these HEROS did it knowlingly and in wreckless disregard of the safety of him and that of his wife and child. He knew it was the police. His lying wife knew it was the police. And when the family, if they even try it, loses in court, I hope you all will apologive to the HEROS of the PCSO Regional SWAT Team.

I'll add that they were more than reasonable by running the siren. They took longer to make entry after announcing than was probably prudent. You have information there are guns and they may be involved in home invasions you really don't want to allow the suspects to arm themselves like this guy apparently did. When confronted with a suspect with an assault rifle during a dynamic entry you shoot. In fact, placed in that situation, everyone on this board would shoot or likely be dead within a couple years of working the street because you can't make a hard decision under pressure. That the gun was on safe plays no part of the overall situation.

The only thing technically wrong with that entry in my opinion is with the info they had, they waited too long to make entry. 
Go fuck yourself

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »
They found nothing and shoot a man X times for it

How the fuck does that make them heroes???

Then any gangbanger who makes a driveshooting is a hero too right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2011, 06:29:36 AM »
Really? You know for a fact they had no warrant? I call bs on it.

Yes, they had a general neighborhood warrant because they claimed they were investing drug dealing or some shit.   Total nonsense.

Why could they just get this guy on his way to work?   

And since when is swat used to do general warrants?   

Don't you see why the general public increasingly distrusts and has nothing but utter scorn for most cops?       

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2011, 06:30:19 AM »
Go fuck yourself

X2,

Only a cop could rationalize the way agnostic does.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2011, 06:51:50 AM »
X2,

Only a cop could rationalize the way agnostic does.

Almost every cop i have ever met looks at everyone as a criminal in one form or another.   

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2011, 07:01:49 AM »
Yes, they had a general neighborhood warrant because they claimed they were investing drug dealing or some shit.   Total nonsense.

Why could they just get this guy on his way to work?   

And since when is swat used to do general warrants?   

Don't you see why the general public increasingly distrusts and has nothing but utter scorn for most cops?       

All valid points. We talk a lot about cutting spending right now how about firing these fuckers. Lots of nutjobs with guns why do we have to pay their salary? And doesnt it say on the police cars: "To protect and serve?" How the hell is this protect and serve?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2011, 07:19:11 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2011, 07:38:54 AM »
well this conversation has developed rather well..

Here is a clip from a report out a few hours ago..

Jose Guerena died May 5 after a SWAT team descended on his home in a Tucson suburb with a search warrant. His home was one of four believed to be associated with a drug smuggling operation in the area.

A video released Thursday by the sheriff's department shows the uniformed SWAT team pulling up outside his house, sounding their sirens, banging on the front door -- before kicking it in -- and opening fire shortly after entering the home.

Watch video on CNN affiliate KGUN9

Officers fired more than 70 shots, the investigation showed. Deputies said they opened fire after Guerena, 26, gestured at them with an AR-15 -- a semiautomatic rifle.

Some of the officers said they believed that Guerena fired on them, but the investigation showed that no shots were fired from the weapon and it was never taken off the safety position.

Initial news reports indicated that he had been struck by more than 60 bullets. However, CNN has seen an initial report from the medical examiner that details 22 bullet wounds.

So they had a warrant. To state they had no warrant is untruthful and removes credibility. I call a duck a duck. I acknowledge when officers do wrong, got no problems being critical of police. Being fair after considering all information and known facts is what I'm good at.

I just wish you guys could be more rational with your conclusions...  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2011, 07:48:41 AM »
No they didnt.  The warrant was not specifically for his house from what I understand.  It was a neighborhood wide warrant and did they same thing to another house in the hood.  Notice too how they did not find a damn thing in his house showing that the information supplied to get the warrant was most likely bullshit as well.   

And again -why use SWAT and dynamic entiries for drug search?   Seriously?  It getting some drugs more important than the high likelihood of physical injury and death?  Seriously?  Is retrieving some drugs so important that you literally invade a mans' home with special forces operators in unmarked cars and having military weaponds and tactics?  ?   

And don't get me started with the "CI told m so nonsense".  That is pure bullshit too.  They get some junky to drop dimes on others to avid prosecution and the junky says whatever will keep his ass from getting a felony.   Anyone with a clue knows the deal.   

I grew up with tons of cops and know exactly what they do and the bullshit scams they pull in drug cases to get warrants.  Additionally, most judges rubber stamp warrants anyway.     

Oh and if they thought this guy was involved in the crimes and had credible info - why not get an arrest warrant as well as a search warrant, pick him up at wok and do the search while he is in custody?

Answer - because it was bullshit from day 1.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2011, 09:05:29 AM »
Menlo Park Cops Raided Wrong House, Says Claimants in Lawsuit
Officers accused of raiding wrong home during execution of a Nov. search warrant.
By Chris Roberts|  Wednesday, May 18, 2011  |  Updated 2:51 PM PDT

When Menlo Park police officers busted into an East Palo Alto home and pointed a firearm at a two-year old girl in November, they had the wrong house, say the two homeowners, who are filing a $500,000 claim against both cities.

The cops did have a search warrant for a home on Garden Street on Nov. 2, 2010, but it wasn't for the home of Carlos Nava and Melissa Verduzco, whose door cops broke down at 6:45 a.m. that day, reported the Palo Alto Daily News.

The East Palo Alto City Council rejected the claim on an unanimous vote. The Menlo Park City Council has yet to consider the case.

According to the claims, "A sergeant Cowans slammed (Nava's) face to the ground and kneed him in the back of the head. Later, this officer punched (Nava) about the body," the newspaper reported.

Other officers entered Verduzco's room and "pointed laser-sighted firearms" at Verduzco and her 2-year-old daughter, the claims state.

It's unclear which house cops intended to hit and what they were searching for. Menlo Park cops did not comment on the story, according to the newspaper.

Because of the alleged botched raid, Nava suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, stutters occasionally and has back and neck problems, the claims state. All three have suffered nightmares and "general fear and violation of their civil rights," according to the claims.

East Palo Alto City Attorney Valeria Armento said that the case is a Menlo Park matter, not an East Palo Alto matter. All of the raiding was done by East Palo Alto cops.

Copyright NBC Local Media

Find this article at:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Menlo-Park-Cops-Raided-Wrong-House-Says-Claimants-in-Lawsuit-122191569.html

________________________ _____________________

They should have sued for millions instead.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
No they didnt.  The warrant was not specifically for his house from what I understand. By law a warrant has to state certain criteria. It would not be for a nieghborhood as that is general. It can list more than one specific address, but they would contain specific addresses It was a neighborhood wide warrant and did they same thing to another house in the hood.  Notice too how they did not find a damn thing in his house showing that the information supplied to get the warrant was most likely bullshit as well.   

And again -why use SWAT and dynamic entiries for drug search?   Seriously?  It getting some drugs more important than the high likelihood of physical injury and death?  Seriously?  Is retrieving some drugs so important that you literally invade a mans' home with special forces operators in unmarked cars and having military weaponds and tactics?  ? 

Prior to running any warrant a threat assessment is done. At my department it's an actual checklist. If there are indicators that there are weapons in the house and the suspect(s) have a history of violence, in this case there were allegations of home invasions then SWAT runs them. So it would be SOP for SWAT to run such a warrant  

And don't get me started with the "CI told m so nonsense".  (no one said anything about CI, but even with CI's there is criteria that has to be met. CI has to have been in premise and observed specific things within a given period of time, usually the observation has to be within 72hrs )That is pure bullshit too.  They get some junky to drop dimes on others to avid prosecution and the junky says whatever will keep his ass from getting a felony.   Anyone with a clue knows the deal.   

I grew up with tons of cops and know exactly what they do and the bullshit scams they pull in drug cases to get warrants.  Additionally, most judges rubber stamp warrants anyway.  Often times warrants are denied. But generally before a judge is approached with a warrant the officers have made certain they have enough information to meet the criteria. That is probably why you get the impression it is rubberstamped    

Oh and if they thought this guy was involved in the crimes and had credible info - why not get an arrest warrant as well as a search warrant, pick him up at wok and do the search while he is in custody? Easier said than done. A confrontation at a Wendy's full of people isn't as easy or as safe as the home. Approaching and getting into position on many places of employment is not easily done. Many factors go into where and when to run a warrant.

Answer - because it was bullshit from day 1.  Your conclusion ignores a lot of facts, but then, if you are prejuduced against something, it's expected.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
Yeah ok, this guys only record was a few traffic tickets.    Enough for your theory.   FAIL.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2011, 09:30:07 AM »

Right - because is safer taking out a dudes house like Navy Seals in daylight.   ::)  ::)

As for the CI - obviously that was bullshit as they found nothing at all.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
We've Gone from a Nation of Laws to a Nation of Powerful Men Making Laws in Secret
zero hedge ^ | 5/27/11 | George Washington

________________________ ________________________ __

Preface: Some defendants are no longer allowed to see the "secret evidence" which the government is using against them. See this and this.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that judges can throw out cases because they don't like or believe the plaintiff ... even before anyone has had the chance to conduct discovery to prove their case. In other words, judges' secret biases can be the basis for denying people their day in court, without even having to examine the facts.

Claims of national security are being used to keep the shenanigans of the biggest banks an corporations secret, and to crush dissent.

But this essay focuses on something else: the fact that the laws themselves are now being kept secret.

America is supposed to be a nation of laws which apply to everyone equally, regardless of wealth or power.

Founded on the Constitution and based upon the separation of powers, we escaped from the British monarchy - a "nation of men" where the law is whatever the king says it is.

However, many laws are now "secret" - known only to a handful of people, and oftentimes hidden even from the part of our government which is supposed to make laws in the first place: Congress.

The Patriot Act

Congress just re-authorized the Patriot Act for another 3 years.

However, Senator Wyden notes that the government is using a secret interpretation of the Patriot Act different from what Congress and the public believe. Senator Wyden's press release of today states:

Speaking on the floor of the U.S Senate during the truncated debate on the reauthorization of the PATRIOT ACT for another four years, U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) – a member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence -- warned his colleagues that a vote to extend the bill without amendments that would ban any Administration’s ability to keep internal interpretations of the Patriot Act classified will eventually cause public outrage.

Known as Secret Law, the official interpretation of the Patriot Act could dramatically differ from what the public believes the law allows. This could create severe violations of the Constitutional and Civil Rights of American Citizens.

I have served on the Senate Intelligence Committee for ten years, and I don’t take a backseat to anybody when it comes to the importance of protecting genuinely sensitive sources and collection methods. But the law itself should never be secret – voters have a need and a right to know what the law says, and what their government thinks the text of the law means, so that they can decide whether the law is appropriately written and ratify or reject decisions that their elected officials make on their behalf.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2011, 10:02:39 AM »
I read in the article the wife saw the police outside through a window and yelled to her husband.... Now with the siren, knock on the door more than once with an announcement more than once that they were the police, and her visual that they were the police, care to explain why he still thought he should grab his assault rifle and meet up with em?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
I read in the article the wife saw the police outside through a window and yelled to her husband.... Now with the siren, knock on the door more than once with an announcement more than once that they were the police, and her visual that they were the police, care to explain why he still thought he should grab his assault rifle and meet up with em?

How did know they were police?  They were in an unmarked vehicle and dressed like commandos.    Again - this goes to even something more basic - where do the police think its ok to do this for the sole purpose of retrieving some drugs with such a high liklihood of physical harm and danger to others?   

Total bullshit.   The war on drugs, and I dont or have ever used drugs in any form, is nothing but a massive scam on the taxpayer and does nothing but keep far too many govt workers employed at a tremendous cost to the taxpayer. 

Even if he did have marijuana in his house - does that justify this crap?   In a police state run by thug cops - yes of course they will justify anything.   

This whole swat team nonseseis pure bullshit.   Were they trying to apprehend a fugitive for murder?   Responding to a hostage situation? Responding to a violent crime in progress like a violtent home invasion? 

No.  These wannabes were all jacked up to retrieve some drugs and killed a former marine and now two kids are without a father. 

AGAIN - DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE AVERAGE PERSON HATES THE POLICE NOW?