Author Topic: These Pride "Champions" are so delicate...  (Read 6791 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: These Pride "Champions" are so delicate...
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »
Mir's beaten:

Lesnar
NOG
Sylvia
Kongo

Just to name a few.  I really really doubt that most knowledgable MMA fans see Mir and NOT a big name.

Unreal stupidity by BF on here.

Ha. He "beat" Brock when he was brand-new to MMA and much worse than he is now (and that's saying a lot given that he's still a terrible fighter). Nog has been past his prime for a long time. Kongo has never been, and will never be, an elite fighter. And Sylvia is Sylvia. Thanks for proving my point.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
What did Mir do to earn a big name, besides being the subject of a massive UFC hype campaign? His record isn't impressive, he has a handful of fights against top competition (most of which he lost) and was never considered an elite fighter until the build-up to the last Brock fight.

As much as I dislike Brock, you have to give him some credit. Not saying he is a legend yet, but damn impressive record for a new comer to MMA.

Win      Frank Mir      TKO (Punches)      UFC 100 - Lesnar vs. Mir 2      7/11/2009     2     1:48
 Win    Randy Couture    TKO (Punches)    UFC 91 - Couture vs. Lesnar    11/15/2008    2    3:07
 Win    Heath Herring    Decision (Unanimous)    UFC 87 - Seek and Destroy    8/9/2008    3    5:00
 Loss    Frank Mir    Submission (Kneebar)    UFC 81 - Breaking Point    2/2/2008    1    1:30
 Win    Min Soo Kim    Submission (Punches)    K-1 HERO's - Dynamite!! USA    6/2/2007    1    1:09

Hate all you want, the guy has proven himself.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
Ha. He "beat" Brock when he was brand-new to MMA and much worse than he is now (and that's saying a lot given that he's still a terrible fighter). Nog has been past his prime for a long time. Kongo has never been, and will never be, an elite fighter. And Sylvia is Sylvia. Thanks for proving my point.

Ahem.  Excuse me sir, but may i refresh your memory and tell you that YOUR point WASN"T that Mir has not fought anyone good... But that Mir ISN"T a big name.

You're trying to redirect this into Mir hasn't fought anyone good.  That's NOT what i'm arguing.  I'm just debating what YOU said in that Mir isn't a big name...  which is ludicris.  
What, by your standards makes a big name then?  I would think a "big name" is someone who has held a title, been a main event fighter a few times and has fought some high level competition.  AND was involved in one of the biggest grudge matches in history (lesnar/mir 2).  ALL of which Mir has done.    You're REALLY making yourself look stupid.    Argue that Mir isn't skilled or something..   but not that he's NOT a big name.  

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »

Sorry....you are getting owned on this one.

Go back to main board. You have nothing to offer the MMA board except UFC hate.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
As much as I dislike Brock, you have to give him some credit. Not saying he is a legend yet, but damn impressive record for a new comer to MMA.

Win      Frank Mir      TKO (Punches)      UFC 100 - Lesnar vs. Mir 2      7/11/2009     2     1:48
 Win    Randy Couture    TKO (Punches)    UFC 91 - Couture vs. Lesnar    11/15/2008    2    3:07
 Win    Heath Herring    Decision (Unanimous)    UFC 87 - Seek and Destroy    8/9/2008    3    5:00
 Loss    Frank Mir    Submission (Kneebar)    UFC 81 - Breaking Point    2/2/2008    1    1:30
 Win    Min Soo Kim    Submission (Punches)    K-1 HERO's - Dynamite!! USA    6/2/2007    1    1:09

Hate all you want, the guy has proven himself.

I don't see anything on there that indicates that he's proven himself. I see a guy who has been spoon-fed fights against a 46 year old has-been who he was 15 years younger than and outweighed by 50+ pounds, a guy that hasn't been good since 2005, and a 1-1 record against an overhyped can.

Talk about unimpressive.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 11:46:45 AM »
"Frank Mir is not a big name"---BerzerkFury.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.    

Whos frank mir?  Never heard of him.. have you?    I heard Kimbo is fighting Mir soon.   

Idiot.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 11:53:35 AM »
I don't see anything on there that indicates that he's proven himself. I see a guy who has been spoon-fed fights against a 46 year old has-been who he was 15 years younger than and outweighed by 50+ pounds, a guy that hasn't been good since 2005, and a 1-1 record against an overhyped can.

Talk about unimpressive.

I wouldn't expect you to see what is impressive about his record. You are getting owned on here. Slowly but surely this board is becoming more educated.
There is no place for you on here. Scram, chump.

(Let me guess, you will call coltrane a gimmick of me or mindspins next)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 11:57:46 AM »
What are you talking about Weightphsr?   You know we're one in the same?!

Don't deny me!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 11:59:34 AM »
Below are the current MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings, which are up-to-date as of June 16.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Brock Lesnar

3. Shane Carwin

4. Cain Velasquez

5. Junior Dos Santos

6. Alistair Overeem

7. Frank Mir

8. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

9. Fabricio Werdum

10. Brett Rogers

OMG?  Who the hell is that at number 7?   Never heard of him!   

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
Sherdog's Rankings.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/2/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-24573

1. Fedor Emelianenko (31-1, 1 NC)

2. Brock Lesnar (4-1)

3. Cain Velasquez (8-0)

5. Frank Mir (13-5)

6. Junior dos Santos (11-1)

7. Alistair Overeem (33-11, 1 NC)

8. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1, 1 NC)

9. Fabricio Werdum (13-4-1)

10. Antonio Silva (14-2)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »
What are you talking about Weightphsr?   You know we're one in the same?!

Don't deny me!

Uh oh....Outed!!

Funny how BF disappeared all of the sudden.... most likely icing his ass.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 12:21:36 PM »
Now beating Tim Sylvia and Check Kongo makes you a big name? Good thing Ray Mercer hasn't fought Kongo yet. ::)  It's funny that some of you knock Fedor for fighting a can like Tim Sylvia and now all of a sudden use Tim Sylvia as an example of why Mir has beaten some top competition. Some of you guys are so clueless it makes my hair hurt. Either Sylvia is a can or he's not-- simple as that.

That Noguerra fight was total horseshit and everyone knows it. If beating a staff infection riddled Noguerra 5 years past his prime and heel hooking Brock lesnar in his second MMA bout 30 seconds into the first round makes you a "big name", then half the members on this board are potentially big name MMA fighters.

He has lost pretty much all of his big fights and has a record of what? 14-10? Give me a fucking break. Only a braindead spaz that was impressed with Mir's stellar commentary on Versus for WEC fights could consider Frank Mir a big name or a good fighter.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 12:35:37 PM »
Now beating Tim Sylvia and Check Kongo makes you a big name? Good thing Ray Mercer hasn't fought Kongo yet. ::)  It's funny that some of you knock Fedor for fighting a can like Tim Sylvia and now all of a sudden use Tim Sylvia as an example of why Mir has beaten some top competition. Some of you guys are so clueless it makes my hair hurt. Either Sylvia is a can or he's not-- simple as that.

That Noguerra fight was total horseshit and everyone knows it. If beating a staff infection riddled Noguerra 5 years past his prime and heel hooking Brock lesnar in his second MMA bout 30 seconds into the first round makes you a "big name", then half the members on this board are potentially big name MMA fighters.

He has lost pretty much all of his big fights and has a record of what? 14-10? Give me a fucking break. Only a braindead spaz that was impressed with Mir's stellar commentary on Versus for WEC fights could consider Frank Mir a big name or a good fighter.

Hello Berzerkfury.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 12:40:04 PM »

WHy do you think Mir is ranked #5 on Sherdog and #7 on MMAWeekly?

Let me guess...they are fixed right?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 12:42:01 PM »
Hey fucktard, by your own logic, Werdum is also a big time name. You can't have it both ways.

Wait let me guess.

There are one set of rules for UFC fighters and one set for Fedor-- is that it?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
This all boils down to what one's definition of a "big name fighter" is.

IMO Mir fits that.   He's been a headliner how many times?  Been heavyweight champ a few times.  For the past year or two been in the top 10 world rankings. 

How can you NOT call him a big name?  Serious?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2010, 01:02:45 PM »
Hey fucktard, by your own logic, Werdum is also a big time name. You can't have it both ways.

Wait let me guess.

There are one set of rules for UFC fighters and one set for Fedor-- is that it?

Fucktard...haven't heard that since 3rd grade.

Never said Werdum was not a big name...

Werdum in bottom of the HW rankings and he is fighting the #1 HW Fedor. Makes for a safe fight for Fedor  and a padded record.

That is the issue I have with Werdum. Don't get it mixed up.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 01:14:31 PM »
Im surprised that you can pinpoint with certainty the last time someone used a specific insult against you. With all of the insults and abuse you have taken in your life, you must have a remarkable memory. I was going to call you a retard, but somehow, that wasn't strong enough to illustrate your stupidity.

How is Werdum at the bottom of the HW rankings if hes ranked in the top 10?

How is fighting Werdum, who has a better record than Mir, more impressive wins than Mir (including wins over #10 silva and # 7 Overeem) demonstrate Fedor is ducking top competition?

Would fighting the immortal and unstoppable Frank Mir allow Fedor to keep his number 1 ranking in your eyes?

You UFC dickriders pick and choose when to apply your nonsensical logic and then make every excuse under the sun when reality blows up in your face. You can't consider Mir a big name and a top HW unless you do the exact same thing for Werdum. So which is it? Is Mir a can, or is Werdum a top HW? 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 01:19:34 PM »
No one has said Werdum isnt a big name.  I for one would say he definitely IS a big name. .... along with Mir.  However I'd say Mir is the biggern name as hes held the UFC heavyweight belt (of which werdum hasn't).  UFC is tops.. sorry.

Berzerkidiot stated Mir wasn't a big name, to which i disagreed. 

Let's not push the panic button and start name calling now.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2010, 01:24:10 PM »
Mir is a big name, but he isnt a good fighter.  The only reason he has a big name is because the ufc hyped the living shit out of him because he was re-matching brock at ufc 100.
I dont like twinks.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »
Mir is a big name, but he isnt a good fighter.  The only reason he has a big name is because the ufc hyped the living shit out of him because he was re-matching brock at ufc 100.

Of course he's a big name. 

I also think he's a good fighter.  Good submissions, decent striking...   but that's another topic.

Where did berkerkfury go to?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 01:57:02 PM »
No one has said Werdum isnt a big name.  I for one would say he definitely IS a big name. .... along with Mir.  However I'd say Mir is the biggern name as hes held the UFC heavyweight belt (of which werdum hasn't).  UFC is tops.. sorry.

Berzerkidiot stated Mir wasn't a big name, to which i disagreed.  

Let's not push the panic button and start name calling now.

First of all, I wasn't even adressing you. Second of all, you are entitled to your opinion, but that's not what I am arguing about. Weight and a few others on here continously bash Fedor and his choice of opponents. In this thread, Weight has used some of the same opponents Fedor has fought to justify Mir's status as a fighter and has attempted to use the MMA rankings to do the same. Meanwhile, he either ignores or convienently leaves out the fact that guys like Werdum and Rogers ( and before that Arlovksi, Sylvia, etc.) are comparitively ranked where Mir is now if not higher when Fedor beat them.

It's simple hypocrisy and has nothing to do with a difference of opinion.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »
First of all, I wasn't even adressing you. Second of all, you are entitled to your opinion, but that's not what I am arguing about. Weight and a few others on here continously bash Fedor and his choice of opponents. In this thread, Weight has used some of the same opponents Fedor has fought to justify Mir's status as a fighter and has attempted to use the MMA rankings to do the same. Meanwhile, he either ignores or convienently leaves out the fact that Werdum ( and before that Arlovksi, Sylvia, etc.) were just as highly ranked than Mir is now ( or close to it), if not higher when Fedor beat them.

Don't upset Coltrane.  You wouldn't like Coltrane when he's angry.

My thought on Fedor is this:  he is fighting in a league that doesn't have the best fighters in it.  That being said, he is fighting quality opponents.  I'd like to say he's P4P the best, but I can't until he's fought the likes of Lesnar, Velasquez, Mir etc.. 

And it's 5pm.  I'm out.  Later ladies!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »
First of all, I wasn't even adressing you. Second of all, you are entitled to your opinion, but that's not what I am arguing about. Weight and a few others on here continously bash Fedor and his choice of opponents. In this thread, Weight has used some of the same opponents Fedor has fought to justify Mir's status as a fighter and has attempted to use the MMA rankings to do the same. Meanwhile, he either ignores or convienently leaves out the fact that guys like Werdum and Rogers ( and before that Arlovksi, Sylvia, etc.) are comparitively ranked where Mir is now if not higher when Fedor beat them.

Fedor's is a current #1 HW. His next fight is against a guy ranked #9 and #7 in most polls. Some don't even have him ranked.
Sorry , that does not justify a challenge to a #1 HW. Fedor

Therefore I feel Fedor is fighting WAY below his talent level.

Is that clear enough.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
Don't upset Coltrane.  You wouldn't like Coltrane when he's angry.

My thought on Fedor is this:  he is fighting in a league that doesn't have the best fighters in it.  That being said, he is fighting quality opponents.  I'd like to say he's P4P the best, but I can't until he's fought the likes of Lesnar, Velasquez, Mir etc.. 

And it's 5pm.  I'm out.  Later ladies!

Exaclty. Agree 100% and well said.

Nice to see an intelligent MMA fan on here once in a while.