Author Topic: Are you different from your online (getbig) persona?  (Read 67110 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Are you different from your online (getbig) persona?
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 04:59:01 PM »
keep em coming guys
w

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
Wonder if Bay goes to dog shows IRL and tells everyone there that they're ALL either secretly or openly into fucking dogs.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »
I don't think most people are very different in real life. Of course, they would not talk shit in your face like some of them do on internet. But there are a few people - mostly in others forums- that like to sound like they some kinda of bodybuilding gurus :P

Helena

• Getbig II
  • Hand Basket
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »

I am much ruder in person.
:o

:D

I find it fairly annoying / inconvenient to not be able to use "LOL" or just a smiley for a reply IRL.

LOL

Wonder if Bay goes to dog shows IRL and tells everyone there that they're ALL either secretly or openly into fucking dogs.

;D
GB

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »
Nope, about the same. An all around nice guy  :D
X

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »
I don't think most people are very different in real life. Of course, they would not talk shit in your face like some of them do on internet. But there are a few people - mostly in others forums- that like to sound like they some kinda of bodybuilding gurus :P

I also think it has to do if you were provoked or not....if I met someone IRL from Getbig and they started talking shit, I would give it right back.

I guess my point is if i was arguing with a GBer in real life, i would say the same exact shit i say here..A lot of dudes say shit they wouldn't dare say to your face

Take Chaos for example.....so many people say some very unflattering things about the way he looks.

In real life chaos is 6'2" 275lbs...no one would say a fucking word to that guy...he'd knock your head off

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »
I am pretty much the same. A little more PC IRL
You Can't Do It!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 05:38:21 PM »
Getbig has made me more cynical, abd everytime I see a Tapout shirt, I think of Getbig...Getbig has interfered with my RL...

But the mofos on here are a lot cooler than the RL peoples I see on the daily...
I think Blinky could make a lot of offices a better place...and people need to hear drkaje break their balls.
Many of the guys on here need a panel type show, like the View, except, JNN would get limited time.

There would be a car segment, a relationship segment, lifting, and politics, and religion as well. Getbig branching out to the masses.  

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 05:40:31 PM »
One or two of my friends who read this will sometimes refer to meme's on GB.

e.g Brutal quads on that 121lbs twink etc

It has altered my humour and as steevo_uk said sometimes got me in a bit of bother lol

Ultimatley I am just a nerd who lifts weights. I don't lie or BS IRL and dont do so on here.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 05:41:13 PM »
One or two of my friends who read this will sometimes refer to meme's on GB.

e.g Brutal quads on that 121lbs twink etc

It has altered my humour and as steevo_uk said sometimes got me in a bit of bother lol

Ultimatley I am just a nerd who lifts weights. I don't lie or BS IRL and dont do so on here.

with a small head

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2010, 05:46:07 PM »
Man I do smile to myself everytime you post that lol

I don't understand why you do it but I think its funny lol

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2010, 05:49:21 PM »
what you see is what you get.

This is true. What you see on getbig is the real person - emboldened.

In real life, most posters are simply a pussified version of their online persona.. lacking the balls to be completely honest and true to themselves.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »
There is a guy who lived down the street from me when I was younger.  I have known him for about 20 years and he is overweight, rarely shaves and is the most pussy, beta male to ever walk the earth.

However, when playing MMORPGs online, he is the leader of the top guilds on all the servers he plays on and is an alpha male badass.  Complete 180 from how he is in real life.  He talks so tough and gives lots of orders, like a type A personality would.  I always thought it would be hillarious to go to his guilds website and post a rl pic of him.  He is just like the southpark wow guy they are trying to kill, except hes not bald.
I dont like twinks.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2010, 05:55:45 PM »
Man I do smile to myself everytime you post that lol

I don't understand why you do it but I think its funny lol

LOL ;D

I just think it's funny too...i'm not  trying to insult you in the slightest

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »
I also think it has to do if you were provoked or not....if I met someone IRL from Getbig and they started talking shit, I would give it right back.

I guess my point is if i was arguing with a GBer in real life, i would say the same exact shit i say here..A lot of dudes say shit they wouldn't dare say to your face

Take Chaos for example.....so many people say some very unflattering things about the way he looks.

In real life chaos is 6'2" 275lbs...no one would say a fucking word to that guy...he'd knock your head off
Lol there is a thing called assault, i don't care if your 610 i'm not gonna back down because of someones size. I'm not some badass or anything and i wouldn't go shouting at strangers your pussy or any of that shit. But if anyone asks i don't lie.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »
can your popularity lists   too moose jay  

LOL @ moose jay.

Point taken and acknowledged.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:24 PM »
keep em coming guys

You'd like me in real life because I'm just like CalvinH minus the rugged good looks, engaging personality and brute strength.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2010, 06:05:32 PM »
i made a facetious answer earlier however i am now gonna answer this thread honestly

"johnnynoname" IS salvatore martoneire
and salvatore martoneire is "johnnynoname"

we are the same person

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2010, 06:09:20 PM »

I've never gotten that shit either.

People should never say a thing on-line that couldn't/wouldn't be said face to face.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
I've never gotten that shit either.

People should never say a thing on-line that couldn't/wouldn't be said face to face.
I think your forgetting the fact that most of us here would never meet face to face for whatever reason. You think we'd be at the gym shouting twink or all drugs?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »

i'd like to see what Chaos looks like....6 2   275   sounds about right    lol

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
I think your forgetting the fact that most of us here would never meet face to face for whatever reason. You think we'd be at the gym shouting twink or all drugs?

Why not?!

If someone's a twink, they're a twink.

I break balls a lot in person but tone it down on-line because people can't always get the humor.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »

I have known of only one guy that we knew eachother IRL and when he found out I knew who he was he never came on here again...I thought it was funny
You Can't Do It!!!

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
Similar
U

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2010, 06:24:01 PM »
Hahahahaha...

"You know all of you are, don't deny it. I have 5,000 pms that say you do."