Author Topic: Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic center  (Read 17177 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic center
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
I don't think that anyone has been explicit in that other than Bloomberg TBH.  However, the failure to qualify the statement with a "its their right, but the site is a shitty place" speaks volumes. 

I agree with the Harry Reid statement, along with many others. 

Sometimes silence acts as a tacit approval.  This is why Obama came across as a total pos on this.  He pissed off everyone.  Not one person is debating their right to do this, the issue is that is it the right thing to do.  Cowards like obama initially came out strong for this in the friday speech, but punted the next day saying he did not comment on the wisdom of it.  Well waht does that mean? 

He could have said on Friday night "I agree they have a right to do it, but it is a shitty place intended solely to provoke people and I hope they move it".    That would have put this to bed, but no, he decided to piss everyone off and now we will have a nother divisive issue to scream about for months on end.         

I agree with what you say here, OB is not known for his good PR and politics.  Like i said before, he should fire his political advisers.  However, i think its wholly inaccurate to say he supports the building of this mosque if in fact he hasn't said he did. (Even the NYT times inaccurately said he strongly supported it.) And that goes for the GB'ers who have been accused of the same thing.  (If that's the case)  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2010, 10:13:51 AM »
Will women have to wear Burghinis?  

thongs

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2010, 11:31:56 AM »
If so, and if I am ever in NYC (which I doubt I will be) I will shit in the pool..... ;D

You are not invited to our pool party.

thongs

You may attend my pool party if you bring friends.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2010, 11:52:27 AM »
Obama undaunted by fallout from mosque remarks
By BEN FELLER (AP) – 1 hour ago

________________________ ________________________ ________

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE — President Barack Obama isn't worried about the furor unleashed by his comments on a planned mosque near Ground Zero, a spokesman said Tuesday.

He's also not dismayed that the Senate's top Democrat, Majority Leader Harry Reid, now opposes the idea, deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton said.

"This is an issue people are going to come to with strongly held convictions," Burton told reporters aboard Air Force One, as Obama flew to an appearance in Seattle. "He's happy our thriving democracy is continuing to produce vigorous debate."

On Monday, Reid became the highest profile Democrat to call for the mosque to be built someplace else. Current plans are to locate it two blocks from the site of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

On Friday, at a White House dinner marking the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Obama declared Muslims "have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country. That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances."

A day later, however, Obama told reporters that wasn't an endorsement of the specifics of the mosque plan.

Burton told reporters that Obama "respects the right of anybody ... to disagree with his opinion on this."

As to Reid's view, Burton said the senator is a "fiercely independent individual," and that's one of his strengths as a leader of his fellow Democrats.

Reid is in a tough re-election fight against Republican challenger Sharron Angle, who's called the mosque plan "an affront" to the families of those who lost loved ones in the attack.

A number of Republicans have portrayed Obama as out of touch with Americans' feelings on the issue, and some Democratic strategists have said they wish he hadn't weighed in.

However, Burton said Obama didn't consider the politics of his remarks, and felt he had to speak out in defense of key constitutional values.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

________________________ ___________________

"This is an issue people are going to come to with strongly held convictions," Burton told reporters aboard Air Force One, as Obama flew to an appearance in Seattle. "He's happy our thriving democracy is continuing to produce vigorous debate."

In other words, Obama is fund raising, wasting money, not doing his job, and sending his flaks out to give him cover wehile he drinks beer, jerks off, and spouts his communist bs to whoever will listen.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »

do you think romney and palin should share the stage with a speaker who wants to outlaw the building of all mosques, anywhere in the USA?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:49 AM »
Yeah, this has nothing to do with WTC.   ::)  ::)  ::)
________________________ ________________________

45–47 Park Place, -- HISTORY

During the September 11 attacks, the then-five-story building at 45–47 Park Place,, between West Broadway and Church Street, was severely damaged. The building is located two blocks (less than 600 feet (180 meters)) north of the former World Trade Center.
That morning, the terrorists hijacked United Airlines Flight 175 as part of their attack on the World Trade Center Twin Towers. They crashed the plane into the South Tower at 9:03 a.m, triggering the destruction of the tower hours later.. The plane penetrated through the tower, and part of the plane's landing gear and fuselage came out the north side of the tower and crashed through the roof of 45–47 Park Place, and through two of its floors. The plane parts destroyed three floor beams, and severely compromised the building's internal structure.

At the time, the building was leased to the Burlington Coat Factory.[7][28] Stephen Pomerantz owned the building, and his wife Kukiko Mitani, subsequently attempted to sell it for years, at one point asking for $18 million. Until its 2009 purchase, however, the building lay abandoned……..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »
Obama undaunted by fallout from mosque remarks
By BEN FELLER (AP) – 1 hour ago

________________________ ________________________ ________

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE — President Barack Obama isn't worried about the furor unleashed by his comments on a planned mosque near Ground Zero, a spokesman said Tuesday.

He's also not dismayed that the Senate's top Democrat, Majority Leader Harry Reid, now opposes the idea, deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton said.

On Monday, Reid became the highest profile Democrat to call for the mosque to be built someplace else. Current plans are to locate it two blocks from the site of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

On Friday, at a White House dinner marking the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Obama declared Muslims "have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country. That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances."

A day later, however, Obama told reporters that wasn't an endorsement of the specifics of the mosque plan.

Burton told reporters that Obama "respects the right of anybody ... to disagree with his opinion on this."

As to Reid's view, Burton said the senator is a "fiercely independent individual," and that's one of his strengths as a leader of his fellow Democrats.

Reid is in a tough re-election fight against Republican challenger Sharron Angle, who's called the mosque plan "an affront" to the families of those who lost loved ones in the attack.

A number of Republicans have portrayed Obama as out of touch with Americans' feelings on the issue, and some Democratic strategists have said they wish he hadn't weighed in.

However, Burton said Obama didn't consider the politics of his remarks, and felt he had to speak out in defense of key constitutional values.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

________________________ ___________________

In other words, Obama is fund raising, wasting money, not doing his job, and sending his flaks out to give him cover wehile he drinks beer, jerks off, and spouts his communist bs to whoever will listen.   

Youre the fucking comunist... you want to do away with the constitution based on your feelings...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2010, 01:22:42 PM »
Youre the fucking comunist... you want to do away with the constitution based on your feelings...

I guess you have not read my 1,000,003 posts saying they have a legal right to do this?   ::)  ::)  ::)

But should they is a whole other matter.  I have the right to call you a N%^& and S$%^ but is it the right thing to do?  If I do that, will you say - 3333 I'm glad you are exercising your 1st amnd rights?  Or will you beat the piss out of me? 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2010, 05:07:39 AM »
I guess you have not read my 1,000,003 posts saying they have a legal right to do this?   ::)  ::)  ::)

But should they is a whole other matter.  I have the right to call you a N%^& and S$%^ but is it the right thing to do?  If I do that, will you say - 3333 I'm glad you are exercising your 1st amnd rights?  Or will you beat the piss out of me? 
Really, can't he do both at the same time?
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2010, 05:14:08 AM »
Really, can't he do both at the same time?

He can try.  But if Mal wants to come to NYC, more likely i will take him for a beer and go to a Yankees game, or the shooting range.  Mal and I may disagree on most issues, but I like him and he seems like a decent guy all around. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2010, 06:31:39 AM »
He can try.  But if Mal wants to come to NYC, more likely i will take him for a beer and go to a Yankees game, or the shooting range.  Mal and I may disagree on most issues, but I like him and he seems like a decent guy all around. 

My best friend is a neo con right winged am 640 guy. we talk like this all the time. i dont really mean all the stuff...just havin fun. but yeah my best friend from 1995 cant be more different politically. but in the area of drinking and biches...we are the same

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2010, 06:33:21 AM »
My best friend is a neo con right winged am 640 guy. we talk like this all the time. i dont really mean all the stuff...just havin fun. but yeah my best friend from 1995 cant be more different politically. but in the area of drinking and biches...we are the same
\

wait, you said he's a neocon... but you also said he's into females?

Are you sure he's a neocon?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2010, 06:38:14 AM »

That's why I like the Getbig forum most, the posters are cool and its not personal, and even when it is, people still laugh it off.  If you go to FR, DU, or most other sites, its a much different tone of stuff. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2010, 06:41:34 AM »
\

wait, you said he's a neocon... but you also said he's into females?

Are you sure he's a neocon?

well we both like the hunnies but before he got married last sat...this guy would settle for a fat chick in a heart beat.

but we differ on
immigration
obama care
gm bail out
and income tax as a whole

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2010, 06:42:41 AM »
well we both like the hunnies but before he got married last sat...this guy would settle for a fat chick in a heart beat.

but we differ on
immigration
obama care
gm bail out
and income tax as a whole

"Any port in a storm"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »
Sounded like a real jack ass in the press conference on this issue. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
Did anyone listen to the Press Conf today? 

Imam Obama really is a disgusting, revolting, and traitor unworthy of the office. 

Anyone who still supports this Admn really needs to go F%^& themselves.     

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »
I like how this fucking snake is saying it's not GZ proper when a piece of the landing gear fell through the building, making it GZ proper.  ::)