Author Topic: Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate  (Read 7680 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Jan Brewer's Opening Statement for the Gubernatorial Debate
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »
Sounds familiar???? ;D ;D Maybe she should have taken a cue from Parah sailin her good friend and write something on her palm??  :o

O.K.  So I actually watched the clip.  You cannot be serious.  ::)  I have no opinion about the woman, other than I think she is tough as nails and is right on illegal immigration.  To try and make some argument about her competence based on a one minute clip is just stupid. 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »
Are you joking?Joe Biden told a guy in a wheelchair to "stand up".Your conclusion?Joe Biden is a very intelligent man.No matter what Palin or Brewer ever say or do NOTHING compares to telling a cripple to stand up.Obama is a stuttering ,stammering jackass with no teleprompter.Saying uuuuuuhhhhhh.ummmmmmm,is his way of not just freezing up.He cant go three words without saying ummmmmm,uhhhhhhhh if there is no teleprompter.

She froze,but thats not the worst thing that can happen.

Did her brain also freeze when she was asked a direct question a couple of times after the debate? C'mmon man....something is extremely weird you can't deny that. To me she looked like she was on beta-blockers, to calm her nerves down for the debate and probably took one too many , the extra one made her  loopy, almost unaware of reality for the moment..... ;)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »
Did her brain also freeze when she was asked a direct question a couple of times after the debate? C'mmon man....something is extremely weird you can't deny that. To me she looked like she was on beta-blockers, to calm her nerves down for the debate and probably took one too many , the extra one made her  loopy, almost unaware of reality for the moment..... ;)

Same reason why Robert Gibbs acted like Obama knows nothing of black liberation theology despite being in a black liberation church for twenty years.Obviously there were no headless bodies in Arizona[there are many in Mexico]and she is trying to deflect the question so as to admit she was wrong.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 01:04:51 PM »

I know know why Obama is potus with people like yourself. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
black liberation theology

LOL @ your continued use of the glen beck catch phrase ;)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »
LOL @ your continued use of the glen beck catch phrase ;)

Ummm,that phrase is on the mission statement of Obamas church.Its not an invention of Glenn Beck,rev. Wright says right on his churchs' mission statement that they follow black liberation theology based on the book BLACK POWER,BLACK THEOLOGY.Wonder if a white politician sat  in a church for twenty years that was based on a book called white power how he would do?...Oh wait,I already know,libs like you would run him out of office,but with Imam Obama its perfectly fine.Self hating limp wristed cracker.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 01:13:55 PM »
Black liberation theology is little more then seperation of the races.The same seperation that blacks bitched about for years.The same seperation that Randy Weaver believed in and the government shot his family dead for in Ruby Ridge.Somehow with Imam Obama black seperation is wonderfull and great.White liberals like yourself make me want to vommit.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 01:16:16 PM »
America the easily duped.

Thank god right outnumbers left in this country 2 to 1. These fucking morons would rather have a hollow, Billy Mays style pitch-man who can "think on his feet" when he's reading from a script, than someone who can actually govern. To these nimrods, having a fancy degree is all it takes to be an effective leader even if the used car salesmen these retards put in office couldn't run a Pretzel stand.

I think the rationale for Obama went somewhere along these lines: "He went to Harvard, he's a registered democrat, he has nice teeth and he's black so he's perfect for the job!

Old, worn out, ugly, inarticulate John McCain would've been a much saner and safer choice-- but he was too much of an angry old man. And shame on him! He picked a pretty girl with bad grades to be his running mate! To liberals only ugly women that don't shave their armpits have the "right" to be in politics, and then, only if they all conform to the same robotic, cookie cutter, libreal feminist one worlder mentality. God forbid ( wait, take God out of it, I don' t want to offend anybody)- a woman whose face couldnt be turned into a Halloween mask and used to scare small children decides to run for office as a registered Republican. Pro life, pro gun, from Alaska? No way Jose ( oops, I'll use Joe, seems like discriminatory)! So, instead of actually giving the woman credit or considering the merits of her positions, libs knock the fact that shes ... wait for it---- inexperienced and was only picked for her looks.

Pot meet kettle.  ::)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »
Obama in black voice quoting his spiritual adviser Rev. Wright.No racism at all there.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 01:27:29 PM »

Thank god right outnumbers left in this country 2 to 1. These fucking morons would rather have a hollow, Billy Mays style pitch-man who can "think on his feet" when he's reading from a script, than someone who can actually govern. To these nimrods, having a fancy degree is all it takes to be an effective leader even if the used car salesmen these retards put in office couldn't run a Pretzel stand.

I think the rationale for Obama went somewhere along these lines: "He went to Harvard, he's a registered democrat, he has nice teeth and he's black so he's perfect for the job!

Old, worn out, ugly, inarticulate John McCain would've been a much saner and safer choice-- but he was too much of an angry old man. And shame on him! He picked a pretty girl with bad grades to be his running mate! To liberals only ugly women that don't shave their armpits have the "right" to be in politics, and then, only if they all conform to the same robotic, cookie cutter, libreal feminist one worlder mentality. God forbid ( wait, take God out of it, I don' t want to offend anybody)- a woman whose face couldnt be turned into a Halloween mask and used to scare small children decides to run for office as a registered Republican. Pro life, pro gun, from Alaska? No way Jose ( oops, I'll use Joe, seems like discriminatory)! So, instead of actually giving the woman credit or considering the merits of her positions, libs knock the fact that shes ... wait for it---- inexperienced and was only picked for her looks.

The far left hyperventilating over this are showing just how desperate they are the latch on to anything to mask the unmitigated disaster that is the Obama/Reid/Pelosi Trifecta of Incompetence and Absurdity. 

Now that the attacks on Palin and Beck have completely backfired, they are seeking a new boogeyman - Brewer. 

Once Brewer trounces and pounces in November, the far left fools will find a new enemy.   

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
Incumbent Republican Jan Brewer said Thursday she has no intention of participating in any more events with Democrat Terry Goddard. She said the only reason she debated him on Wednesday is she had to to qualify for more than $1.7 million in public funds for her campaign.

"I don't believe that things come out in proper context in an adversarial atmosphere," she said. And Brewer said she is available for interviews.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »
Incumbent Republican Jan Brewer said Thursday she has no intention of participating in any more events with Democrat Terry Goddard. She said the only reason she debated him on Wednesday is she had to to qualify for more than $1.7 million in public funds for her campaign.

"I don't believe that things come out in proper context in an adversarial atmosphere," she said. And Brewer said she is available for interviews.

good for her....debates are a complete joke...teleprompters, ear devices, script writers, etc..... 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 02:04:14 PM »

I know know why Obama is potus with people like yourself. 

...Said the smart guy of the board who can't even  use "know" and "now" correctly in a sentence ::) Don't tell me in your opinion she was perfectly coherent?
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »
...Said the smart guy of the board who can't even  use "know" and "now" correctly in a sentence ::) Don't tell me in your opinion she was perfectly coherent?

She wasnt but freezing up under pressure is not unusual.She wont be making decisions to go to war or any other snap decisions that need her to make her mind up in 15 seconds.She is very very popular in a republican state.Sorry,she is going to win.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »
good for her....debates are a complete joke...teleprompters, ear devices, script writers, etc.....  

I disagree.

it's important to know how a candidate will react on his/her feet when presented with new/unfamiliar circumstances.  

Any person can read a teleprompter/palm notes, and give a rehearsed stump speech.  but when given actual scenarios, we see who knows their shit and who does not.  Remember a naive obama getting schooled by hilary for quickly agreeing to meet with terrorist leaders in his first year without preconditions?  we saw his naiviety in the answer, cause it wasn't rehearsed.  hilary and obama did 22 debates.

She really should answer why she claimed there were beheadings on our soil, when they were not.  Voters deserve to know if she can do more than read cue cards.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
I disagree.

it's important to know how a candidate will react on his/her feet when presented with new/unfamiliar circumstances.  

Any person can read a teleprompter/palm notes, and give a rehearsed stump speech.  but when given actual scenarios, we see who knows their shit and who does not.  Remember a naive obama getting schooled by hilary for quickly agreeing to meet with terrorist leaders in his first year without preconditions?  we saw his naiviety in the answer, cause it wasn't rehearsed.  hilary and obama did 22 debates.

She really should answer why she claimed there were beheadings on our soil, when they were not.  Voters deserve to know if she can do more than read cue cards.

And yet idiots like you voted for Obama,so your point PROVES debates mean nothing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 02:13:32 PM »

My opnion is that i look at ACTIONS and EXPERIENCE in judging a person, not a canned teleprompter speech or a little side note in a debate like its the high school forensics club.

That is what the far left does, they never evaluate experience or actions, only glitz, glam, flim, and flam, and care solely about pixy dust promises most sensible people know are completely bogus and made to appeal to children.  

Brewers' actions and experience in dealing with the Communist Creep in the WH, cutting the budget, attacking ObamaCare, going after illegals, is what makes her popular with the voters.  

Obama was popular when all he had was teleprompter speeches, msm kneepadding, etc.  now that he is actually in office people are seeing how awful he is when it comes to action, objective results, and actual governance.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »

George you crack me up.   :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 05:01:30 PM »
I disagree.

Not at all.  They are so coached to just say talking points about a topic....why do you think the people asking the questions will ask one thing, but they will try to veer it in another direction?  Besides, that is in no way whatsoever a test of how someone would react to a real life situation.  When I was in the military some of the guys who could give great briefs, well spoken, etc... froze up everytime anything out of the ordinary happened.  I would prefer a leader at that level, to just remain calm.....gather the facts.....and make an informed judgement.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 08:35:15 PM »
What is wrong with this woman?  Why won't she answer the freaking question?

Brewer Says She Was Wrong About Beheadings in Arizona
Published September 03, 2010 | Associated Press

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said Friday she was wrong when she claimed that headless bodies were turning up in the Arizona desert as part of border-related violence.

"That was an error, if I said that," Brewer said about beheadings occurring in Arizona.

The Republican incumbent's June comments about beheadings were raised during a Wednesday debate by Democratic challenger Terry Goddard, who said the comments were false and damaging to Arizona's image.

Brewer didn't respond to Goddard's challenge about the beheadings claim -- she instead changed the subject. Afterward, when reporters asked about the claim, she cut short the question-and-answer session.

But she since is acknowledging in interviews with The Associated Press and other media organizations that she was wrong.

She said she was referring to beheadings and other cartel-related violence in Mexico that she said could spill over into the United States and that she is sorry if people were misled.

"I misspoke, but you know, let me be clear, I am concerned about the border region because it continues to be reported in Mexico that there's a lot of violence going on and we don't want that going into Arizona."

Brewer apparently first referred to beheadings during a June 16 interview with FOX News' Greta Van Susteren, talking about "the kidnappings and the extortion and the beheadings and the fact that people can't feel safe in their community" in discussing controversy surrounding the immigration law.

She went further in a June 27 interview on Phoenix television station KPNX when asked about the beheadings claim.

"Oh, our law enforcement agencies have found bodies in the desert, either buried or just lying out there, that have been beheaded," Brewer said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/03/brewer-says-wrong-beheadings-arizona/?test=latestnews

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
Election 2010: Arizona Governor
Arizona Governor: Brewer (R) 60%, Goddard (D) 38%

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

________________________ ________________________ _______________

Despite her halting debate performance last week, Arizona Republican Governor Jan Brewer now earns 60% of the vote in her bid for reelection, her best showing in the race to date.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Arizona Voters shows Democratic Attorney General Terry Goddard with 38% support. One percent (1%) like some other candidate in the race, and another one percent (1%) are undecided.

The race remains Solid Republican in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Gubernatorial Scorecard.

Two weeks ago, Brewer posted a 57% to 38% lead over Goddard. Since May, Brewer's support has steadily risen from 52%, while Goddard's has hovered in the 35% to 39% range.

[b]The survey, taken Tuesday night, follows nearly a week of negative publicity surrounding Brewer's debate performance and suggests that voters remain focused on the issues that divide the two candidates. Brewer remains a champion of the state's law cracking down on illegal immigration despite a U.S. Justice Department challenge, and she maneuvered around Goddard to fight the new national health care bill in court. Goddard opposes the immigration law and supports the health care bill. [/b]

Not that voters in the state are unaware of the debate. Eighty-five percent (85%) say they have followed recent news stories about Brewer's performance in the debate at least somewhat closely, with 47% who have followed Very Closely.

Forty-eight percent (48%) say her handling of the debate is at least somewhat important to how they will vote, with 22% who say it's Very Important. Fifty-one percent (51%) say it's not very or not at all important.

But as Scott Rasmussen explains, "In a family, we feel free to pick on our siblings, but when an outsider does, we pull together as a family. That seems to be the case in Arizona. Part of Brewer's appeal clearly is her signing of and defense of the immigration law. But another part of her appeal is that a lot of people in Arizona don't like their governor and their state being picked on by outsiders."

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls).  Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 500 Likely Voters in Arizona was conducted on September 7, 2010 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Longtime Republican Senator John McCain runs well ahead of his Democratic challenger Rodney Glassman in the first Rasmussen Reports post-primary survey of the Arizona Senate race.

Sixty-seven percent (67%) of Arizona voters say there are at least somewhat angry at the policies of the federal government. This includes 53% who are Very Angry, 13 points higher than the finding among voters  nationally.  

Thirty-one percent (31%) of the state's voters don't share that anger, but just nine percent (9%) are Not At All Angry.

Eighty-seven percent (87%) of those who describe themselves as Very Angry at the policies of the federal government favor Brewer. Eighty-four percent (84%) of the much smaller group that's Not At All Angry back Goddard.

Sixty-four percent (64%) of voters in Arizona approve of the way Brewer is performing as governor, unchanged from two weeks ago and a remarkable improvement from 41% in March, a turnaround that highlights the impact of her signing of the state's much talked about immigration law.

Brewer is viewed favorably by 62% of Arizona voters and unfavorably by 37%. This includes 31% with a Very Favorable opinion of her and 28% with a Very Unfavorable view.

Forty percent (40%) view Goddard favorably, including 23% with a Very Favorable opinion. But 54% regard him unfavorably, with 31% Very Unfavorable toward him.

See toplines for other data from this survey. Full demographic data is available to Platinum Members only.  

In 2008, Rasmussen Reports projected nationally that Barack Obama would defeat McCain in the presidential contest by a 52% to 46% margin. Obama won 53% to 46%. Four years earlier, Rasmussen Reports projected the national vote totals for both George W. Bush and John Kerry within half-a-percentage-point.

In Arizona during the 2008 campaign, Rasmussen Reports polling showed McCain winning the state by a 51% to 45% margin. He defeated Obama 54% to 45%.

In the 2006 Arizona governor's race, Rasmussen polling showed Janet Napolitano defeating Len Munsil 58% to 37%. Napolitano won 63% to 35%. In the 2006 race for U.S. Senate, Rasmussen polling showed Jon Kyl leading Jim Pederson by nine, 51% to 42%. Kyl won by nine, 53% to 44%.

Rasmussen Reports has released polls on the 2010 governor's races in Alaska,   Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland,   Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon,   Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

________________________ _________

240, Blacken, Danny, and the rest of the libs are deeply saddened by this.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
at least there will be fewer AZ beheadings now.

please pause 16 seconds before responding...

...just as brewer did.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
at least there will be fewer AZ beheadings now.

please pause 16 seconds before responding...

...just as brewer did.

240 - honewstly bro - you only clown yourself with posts like that. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
i like her policies for the most part.

id just like to see her drug tested.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »
You mean the Arizona voters aren't basing their decision on a sixty second clip from a debate where the woman had a brain cramp?