Author Topic: New full body scanners at Honolulu Airport unveiled  (Read 40679 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: New full body scanners at Honolulu Airport unveiled
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »
Really?  So the federal government doesn't control air traffic?  News to me.

An airport in orlando has decided to use a private firm instead of the TSA.  Did you know that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
An airport in orlando has decided to use a private firm instead of the TSA.  Did you know that?

I heard.  They still have to use the same procedures established by TSA and are still controlled by the federal government.  Did you know that? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »
I heard.  They still have to use the same procedures established by TSA and are still controlled by the federal government.  Did you know that? 

So the fingerbang is still in full effect?

Which politicians have gone on record about this so far?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »

240 - do you want to get groped?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »
240 - do you want to get groped?

you think i'm flying after that un-investigated mess on 911?

You must be high, brah.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »

You must be high, brah.

ha ha ha ha - what about richard reid and the fruit of the loom bomber?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2010, 04:36:46 PM »

What this means is your comments about this issue involving a private company are wrong. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2010, 12:19:39 PM »
you know what happens when you start playing stupid with my replies...  

I begin to point out your stupidity?  Is that it?  Because after that last post of yours that is all I can think of.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »
I begin to point out your stupidity?  Is that it?  Because after that last post of yours that is all I can think of.

you didn't point out anything stupid.  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2010, 03:15:06 PM »
Other than the fact that I was referring to scans and you were bleating about xray dangers and when called on the difference there you mumbled about nothing. 

But hey, if deflection works for you in between those bouts of self projection, go for it.  Maybe you have been "exposed to xrays" too much already.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2010, 11:31:30 PM »
Is there proof that these machines have more radiation content than typical Xrays?  I would doubt it seeing that xrays penetrate much deeper.  I didn't see any depth beyond clothing in the images.  No bones, significant organ imaging.

Again, you cry about this, but not about how the exact same company already violates your 4th Amendment rights with their current practices along with the 1st and 2nd Amendment too.  You want to be insecure and paranoid, go ahead.  You can push those qualities along with your self projections on others too if they are stupid enough to follow you.

How many times does the average person get x-rays taken in their life? me personally..so far... i think about 8-9 times.

How many times does the avergae person fly? I've been on airplanes(through security) that many times in the last 2 years alone.

And i think thats the main point. People fly way more than they get x-rays taken.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2010, 11:41:35 PM »

You must be high, brah.

Yep....  ;D
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2010, 12:32:43 AM »
"They say that the low level beam does deliver a small dose of radiation to the body but because the beam concentrates on the skin - one of the most radiation-sensitive organs of the human body - that dose may be up to 20 times higher than first estimated."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1290527/Airport-body-scanners-deliver-radiation-dose-20-times-higher-thought.html#ixzz15u6WvFjE

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2010, 01:27:00 AM »
LOL.....

..Thank you Bush for showing that the silly old paper we call our Constitution wasn't worth the ink it was written with...

Everyone already knew Bush was going to fail...
...Failed to uphold basic Constitutional values...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »
I'd also like to know why you can see this guy's patella and tibia bones if the x-rays used are not strong enough to penetrate past the skin.  This image clearly shows the scan does not have an even distribution and exposed some areas of the body more than others.
http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/body-scan.jpg

In other scans shown you can see the skull show some, so it looks like it may be more intense at the top and bottom of the scan.  The head is not an area where you want to be zapping more than it already gets zapped.  plus don't forget it's a very thin layer of tissue between your nuts and the scan.  stupid stupid stupid...

Same with this image, you can see he skull from the back shot and again his tibia, patella and even bones in his feet in the front shot.  But you cannot see any arm bones.  clearly more exposure being delivered to the head and mostly the lower area.
http://epic.org/privacy/body_scanners/Body_Scan_Pic.jpg

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2010, 02:24:13 AM »
 ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
TSA Chief Shifts Position; Says Screenings Will Be Minimally Invasive
Published November 21, 2010
| Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The head of the agency responsible for airport security, facing protests from travelers and pressure from the White House, appeared to give ground Sunday on his position that there would be no change in policies regarding invasive passenger screening procedures.
Transportation Security Administration head John Pistole said in a statement that the agency would work to make screening methods "as minimally invasive as possible," although he gave no indication that screening changes were imminent.

The statement came just hours after Pistole, in a TV interview, said that while the full-body scans and pat-downs could be intrusive and uncomfortable, the high threat level required their use. "No, we're not changing the policies," he told CNN's "State of the Union."

Pistole said that, as in all nationwide security programs, "there is a continual process of refinement and adjustment to ensure that best practices are applied."

Still, he pointed to the alleged attempt by a Nigerian with explosives in his underwear to try to bring down an Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight last Christmas. "We all wish we lived in a world where security procedures at airports weren't necessary," Pistole said, "but that just isn't the case."

In his earlier TV appearance, Pistole appeared to shrug off statements by President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that the agency would look for ways to alter screening techniques that some passengers say are invasions of privacy.

Obama said in Lisbon on Saturday that he had asked TSA officials whether there's a less intrusive way to ensure travel safety. "I understand people's frustrations," he said, adding that he had told the TSA that "you have to constantly refine and measure whether what we're doing is the only way to assure the American people's safety."

Clinton, appearing Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," said she thought "everyone, including our security experts, are looking for ways to diminish the impact on the traveling public" and that "striking the right balance is what this is about."

She, for one, wouldn't like to submit to a security pat-down.

"Not if I could avoid it. No. I mean, who would?" Clinton told CBS' "Face the Nation" in an interview broadcast Sunday.

"Clearly it's invasive, it's not comfortable," Pistole said of the scans and pat-downs during the TV interview. But, he added, "if we are to detect terrorists, who have again proven innovative and creative in their design and implementation of bombs that are going to blow up airplanes and kill people, then we have to do something that prevents that."

Rep. John Mica, R-Fla. who is set to become Transportation Committee chairman when Republicans take over the House in January, differed with the approach.

"I don't think the rollout was good and the application is even worse. This does need to be refined. But he's saying it's the only tool and I believe that's wrong," Mica, a longtime critic of the TSA, said separately on the CNN program.

With the peak traveling season nearing, air travelers are protesting new requirements at some U.S. airports that they must pass through full-body scanners that produce a virtually naked image. The screener, who sits in a different location, does not see the face of the person being screened and does not know the traveler's identity.

Those who refuse to go through the scanners are subject to thorough pat-downs that include agency officials touching the clothed genital areas of passengers.

Pistole was shown videos of people being patted down where the screeners touched the breasts of a woman, felt into the pants of another person and felt the crotch of a man. He said all three cases were proper and that the gloves of the screener who felt inside the pants were then tested for explosive trace residue.

Pistole added that very few people receive the pat-down. People who go through the new advanced imaging machines available at some 70 airports are usually not subject to pat-downs, he said.

Pistole said that while watch lists and other intelligence sources help the TSA pick out travelers who might pose greater risks, rules against profiling mean that some people who are less of a risk, such as the elderly or the disabled, must sometimes undergo pat-downs.

"I want to be sympathetic to each of the negative experiences. We've had extensive outreach to a number of different disability community groups, a number of different outreach efforts to try to say, how can we best work with those in your community to effect security while respecting your dignity and privacy," he said.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., appearing on CBS, said Congress would hold hearings on the "very controversial" issue of how to strike the right balance. Asked how he would feel about submitting to a pat-down, Hoyer said: "I don't think any of us feel that the discomfort and the delay is something that we like, but most people understand that we've got to keep airplanes safe."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/21/tsa-chief-says-screenings-minimally-invasive/

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2010, 06:35:03 PM »
lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2010, 02:35:03 AM »
Spence, of Chet Buchanan & the Morning Zoo on 98.5 KLUC in Las Vegas doesn't mind TSA pat-downs. In fact, he welcomes them. Hear his original song titled "Touch My Junk."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2010, 07:05:28 AM »

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2010, 07:35:42 AM »
I've been through it twice... Once was the "optional" back in the day, the other was the required about 2 weeks ago.

If someone is staring and my junk, that's on them.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »
I've been through it twice... Once was the "optional" back in the day, the other was the required about 2 weeks ago.

If someone is staring and my junk, that's on them.
lol what the hell are you trying to say? :-X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2010, 05:19:40 PM »
Yes, please protect us from grandma and grandpa.   ::)

An airline passenger was screened yesterday in Chicago.

An airline passengers was screened yesterday in Seattle-Tacoma.

A passenger was patted down at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport yesterday.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/20101123_touchy_subjects.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »
Gotta check the junk.   ::)