Author Topic: Anyone else get Call of Duty: Black Ops this morning?  (Read 23595 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Anyone else get Call of Duty: Black Ops this morning?
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2010, 09:58:50 AM »
Or am I the only loser that went out at 12:01 and got it? :D

Is the game good? 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2010, 10:04:46 AM »
Where can I find the new Battletoads?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 10:26:11 AM »
things ain't like they were back when me and you was bangin' Tre..... ;D

Tell me about it. 

Back in the day, everywhere LeBron went, he'd be hearing what a little bitch he is.  His kids would come home from school crying, "Daddy, everyone says you're rich, but that money doesn't mean anything when you're a little bitch.  I wish people weren't so mean, but I REALLY wish you weren't such a little bitch, Daddy!"

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2010, 10:34:21 AM »
Where can I find the new Battletoads?

Would you rather watch "mama's Family"  :D :D
D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
Would you rather watch "mama's Family"  :D :D

Can't start with that.  I still have to get some work done.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
Since I have worked in a very large Video Games Publisher I give you a quick inside in what these companies deal with.

For PC Games:
Anyways the problem is not that they don't know the glitches and bugs but the problem is that most companies are under a huge pressure to have the game released as soon as possible.
So I have seen many games that we knew had issues but they were conveniently overlooked to get the game on the marked.
The problem is of course also that you are testing the games under all kinda different computer specs and with different OS etc. but there are so many different specs and settings for the PC so
its litteraly impossible to test all these and to keep an eye on all these.

For the Console:
This is a little different - same setup with the Alpha and Beta game discs (which usualy crash anyways) but the submission process is different, the games are tested with a very specific games test
script as in (in our case a checklist) take out memory card at this stage and press the following key combo to get the follow message and check for spelling and truncations (truncations are a big problem specifically when the game is translated in German).
Now the main difference to the PC game is that any console game has to be submitted to either Microsoft Sony or Nintendo when you are done testing and its stable and bug free.
They put it through their own testing team which at the end either fail it or submit it (and let me tell you you want to pass first time since there are penalties) its very very hard to pass a game first time,
there are a lot of areas you can miss - messages bugs and glitches.
It usually comes back with the attached error list and you need to start from beginning as in fix the bugs and test all over again.

This all might sound like any gamers dream
to work as a QA tester but I have QA tested Blizzard Warcraft Frozen thrown which was by far the funnest game to QA test and I had fun till the very end, however there are games
like LArry that are a nighmare to test and you are so bored the from beginning to the end - than you have games like Riddick that are fucking awesome to test.

because of consoles pc games are suffering... we would have prety much real life graphics by now, but since so many noobs are buying consoles and console games, they just have to lower pc game standards and make them first in consoles, and THEN in pc... too bad too :(

John Carmack, A.K.A Genius of the world himself said that pc is much better way to play games.

You just have to be a retard to not see and understand pc specs... even I can build a pc manually and instal any software and pimp them up my self...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 11:36:52 AM »
Since I have worked in a very large Video Games Publisher I give you a quick inside in what these companies deal with.

For PC Games:
Anyways the problem is not that they don't know the glitches and bugs but the problem is that most companies are under a huge pressure to have the game released as soon as possible.
So I have seen many games that we knew had issues but they were conveniently overlooked to get the game on the marked.
The problem is of course also that you are testing the games under all kinda different computer specs and with different OS etc. but there are so many different specs and settings for the PC so
its litteraly impossible to test all these and to keep an eye on all these.

For the Console:
This is a little different - same setup with the Alpha and Beta game discs (which usualy crash anyways) but the submission process is different, the games are tested with a very specific games test
script as in (in our case a checklist) take out memory card at this stage and press the following key combo to get the follow message and check for spelling and truncations (truncations are a big problem specifically when the game is translated in German).
Now the main difference to the PC game is that any console game has to be submitted to either Microsoft Sony or Nintendo when you are done testing and its stable and bug free.
They put it through their own testing team which at the end either fail it or submit it (and let me tell you you want to pass first time since there are penalties) its very very hard to pass a game first time,
there are a lot of areas you can miss - messages bugs and glitches.
It usually comes back with the attached error list and you need to start from beginning as in fix the bugs and test all over again.

This all might sound like any gamers dream
to work as a QA tester but I have QA tested Blizzard Warcraft Frozen thrown which was by far the funnest game to QA test and I had fun till the very end, however there are games
like LArry that are a nighmare to test and you are so bored the from beginning to the end - than you have games like Riddick that are fucking awesome to test.

Any hopes of Blizzard going back to the old Warcraft format!?! instead of this world bullshit?!? I used to love those games, dune, command & conquer, etc.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »
Any hopes of Blizzard going back to the old Warcraft format!?! instead of this world bullshit?!? I used to love those games, dune, command & conquer, etc.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »

Nice! that was a killer game as well!!

man there was something magical about growing up in the 90's..

these little dipshits today will never know what playing Doom2 in a dark basement at 3 am on a school night felt like, lol

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »

because of consoles pc games are suffering... we would have prety much real life graphics by now, but since so many noobs are buying consoles and console games, they just have to lower pc game standards and make them first in consoles, and THEN in pc... too bad too :(

John Carmack, A.K.A Genius of the world himself said that pc is much better way to play games.

Doom 3 invalidates everything you just posted.

It was developed FOR the PC by Carmack himself, and it sucked.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »
Doom 3 invalidates everything you just posted.
How do you figure? Doom 3 for PC was awesome.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2010, 12:18:27 PM »
IS THIS GAME WORTH BUYING? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
Not to mention, playing FPS on consoles is inferior by default, due to the controller. The mouse/keyboard combo is undeniably better, faster, and more accurate way to aim, move and fire.
Although the Xbox 360 controller isnt bad, it will NEVER match a PC for controls.

And Cpt EQ, remember CS? Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3d, Half Life 1, Unreal, quake 2, etc. PC gaming now is almost dead, due to consoles. Theyre just cooler, and more accesible to people than computers.
Its a shame. PC gaming in the late 90s was the golden era, IMHO. I remember when the shelves at stores were full of rediculous games, and all the companies were competing agaisnt each other, they were awesome. Now its nothing but ports of console games.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2010, 12:20:49 PM »
Hell, I can't master the controller on a 360, much less a keyboard, a mouse and a controller..... need to bring back the old Atari controllers......one joystick and one f'n button to press......and I wore that bitch out!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »
How do you figure? Doom 3 for PC was awesome.

Carmack himself that he dropped the ball on that one.  I might be able to find a link, but most gaming sites are blocked here at work.
Y

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »

The amount of money made on these games are staggering.

Total sales today, in one day, should top $400 million.

Not bad - Most movies would love to get this number.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
Carmack himself that he dropped the ball on that one.  I might be able to find a link, but most gaming sites are blocked here at work.
It had some issues yeah, but the premise and the game was awesome IMHO. The flashlight thing was stupid however.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
PC gaming now is almost dead, due to consoles.

PC gaming's death is more due to it's own community: hacking, bootlegging, etc.

Crytek even went console because of the community.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »
It had some issues yeah, but the premise and the game was awesome IMHO. The flashlight thing was stupid however.

I will never agure someone's perspective on a game because it's all subjective.  My point in posting that was to show the flaw in the other poster's argument that games for PCs suck because they're developed for consoles first, and to invalidate the Carmack point.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2010, 12:31:17 PM »
The amount of money made on these games are staggering.

Total sales today, in one day, should top $400 million.

Not bad - Most movies would love to get this number.

True.  It's justified too because a lot of these games have surpassed movies in terms of storyline, character development, shock moments, soundtrack, etc.  It's a medium many are missing out on because they still view video games through Space Invaders colored glasses.
Y

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »
Not to mention, playing FPS on consoles is inferior by default, due to the controller. The mouse/keyboard combo is undeniably better, faster, and more accurate way to aim, move and fire.
Although the Xbox 360 controller isnt bad, it will NEVER match a PC for controls.

And Cpt EQ, remember CS? Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3d, Half Life 1, Unreal, quake 2, etc. PC gaming now is almost dead, due to consoles. Theyre just cooler, and more accesible to people than computers.
Its a shame. PC gaming in the late 90s was the golden era, IMHO. I remember when the shelves at stores were full of rediculous games, and all the companies were competing agaisnt each other, they were awesome. Now its nothing but ports of console games.

Agreed 100%, that's the only reason to still play PC once in a while!, omg.. I almost failed grade 11 because of Duke nukem 3d..that set the bar for deathmatch!!! I will never forget those nights staying up till 4am on 28k modem playing duke or quake! good times.. counter strike changed everything, that's when team FPS games really took off.

You gotta admit yourself though it got to a ridiculous point in the late 90's early 2000's, the developers were pushing the specs for games into NASA like territory, I honestly think as much good as guys like Carmack and Romano did, they kind of killed the industry with crazy power demands and graphic card refresh rates.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »
Agreed 100%, that's the only reason to still play PC once in a while!, omg.. I almost failed grade 11 because of Duke nukem 3d..that set the bar for deathmatch!!! I will never forget those nights staying up till 4am on 28k modem playing duke or quake! good times.. counter strike changed everything, that's when team FPS games really took off.

You gotta admit yourself though it got to a ridiculous point in the late 90's early 2000's, the developers were pushing the specs for games into NASA like territory, I honestly think as much good as guys like Carmack and Romano did, they kind of killed the industry with crazy power demands and graphic card refresh rates.

Agreed. My dad hated me cause I was an Nvidia diehard and I had to buy a new GC every time a new game came out. Not so bad anymore.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2010, 12:37:55 PM »
why does anybody preorder this game and wait in line at midnight to get it?

i guarantee if i went to best buy right now they would have at least a dozen copies

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2010, 12:38:52 PM »

i guarantee if i went to best buy right now they would have at least a dozen copies

E

Pre-ordering can get you discounts, special codes for the game, etc....

More to do with perks than supply issues.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »

E
Agreed. Never understood that. But, people brag about it. "Yeah well I got it at mignight, and I beat it by 2am, and I put up a youtube video by 3am bitching"
Me personally, I like to go through the game and find everything, I dont understand the rushing to beat it in 2 hours then brag.  ???