Author Topic: Sarah Palin = WINNING.  (Read 70341 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
One of the daily CNN Palin stories.  They just can't get enough of this woman.

Palin calls tax deal 'lousy'
By: CNN's Gabriella Schwarz
(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin voiced strong opposition to the tax cuts passed in both chambers of Congress and revealed her 2012 timeline.

"I think it's a lousy deal and we can do better for the American people," Palin said on ABC Friday.

The tax package the president will sign Friday concludes months of contentious politicking over a compromise between the White House and members of Congress, a deal Palin said is "still not good enough."

"You can term it compromise, I term it flip flop," Palin said. "I was thankful that he did but it's still not good enough."

The bill includes a two-year extension of the Bush-era tax cuts, a continuation of unemployment benefits for the long-term unemployed for 13 months, as well as a two percentage point cut in the payroll tax and the revival of the estate tax at a lower level.

When asked about her presidential intentions, Palin said "it's a prayerful consideration," but that she won't make the decision for "some months."
A NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Wednesday indicated Palin trailing President Obama by 22 points in a hypothetical 2012 match-up, yet Palin remained defiant about her chances, citing the length of the primary season.

"A poll number like that... doesn't look really pretty today, but a primary is months and months in the process," Palin said. "If I were to participate in that contested primary, I would be in it to win it."

The Fox News commentator and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee rarely takes questions from what she calls the "lamestream" media, but Friday's sit-down is the latest example that she's chipping away at her stance.

As a possible preview to a 2012 race, Palin revealed her biggest point of contention with Obama.

"My number one criticism of President Obama is he promised to and he's trying to fulfill his promise of fundamentally trying to transform America," Palin said. "We don't need a fundamental transformation, we need a renewal and a restoration of what is good about America."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/17/palin-calls-tax-deal-lousy/#more-140143

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
 ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Today's CNN Palin story.  They hang on this woman's every word.   :)

Palin disses Michelle Obama over 'dessert'
By: CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) – Sarah Palin is again taking aim at Michelle Obama over her anti-obesity campaign, taking the opportunity in Sunday's "Sarah Palin's Alaska" to land a diss against the first lady's efforts to improve nutrition.

While making s'mores at one point during Sunday's episode, the former Alaska governor proclaims the marshmallow and chocolate treat is "in honor of Michelle Obama, who said the other day we should not have dessert."

It's not the first time Palin has taken a job at Mrs. Obama over her campaign to discourage fattening foods, especially from public schools. The former vice presidential nominee told conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham last month that "the first lady cannot trust parents to make decisions for their own children, for their own families in what we should eat."

Palin also hand-delivered cookies to a Pennsylvania school last month before delivering a speech there, saying: "Who should be deciding what I eat? Should it be government or should it be parents? It should be the parents."

Palin's comments Sunday appear to be in reference to a speech Michelle Obama delivered in July, during which she described her own upbringing when it came to food and exercise.

"In the afternoon, there was no way we'd be allowed to lie around the house watching TV," she told the NAACP in a Kansas City speech. "Our parents made us get up and play outside."

"As I tell my kids, dessert is not a right," she added.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/20/palin-disses-michelle-obama/#more-140388

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
She should tell Mo to cut back on some of the lobsters, caviar, champagne, ice cream and booze. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
polls show she has the greatest uphill battle to winning against obama.

in other words, obama has the greatest chance of winning in 2012.

So, keep on with the Palin threads.  maybe she'll run and win the nomination, and you will give the republicans a much worse chance of beating obama.

You'll blame the lib media, lib voters, lib whatever - instead of blaming yourself for simply ignoring polls saying "um, the other repubs will do a lot better against obama".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Today from CNN's Palin watch:

Oprah talks Palin, 2012
By: CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - Oprah Winfrey says America may "fall in love" with Sarah Palin as a TV star, but is dismissing the idea that the country would vote for the former Alaska governor in the future.

Asked in an interview with Parade magazine if the thought of Palin's running for office scares her, Winfrey responded, "It does not scare me because I believe in the intelligence of the American public."

Winfrey, who interviewed Palin shortly after her first book was released, said she was not sure if the former Republican vice presidential candidate would run for president in 2012.

"I don't know her so I can't speak to [whether or not she'll be a candidate]," Winfrey said in the interview.

But, Winfrey complimented Palin's new reality show and said of Palin's performance, "I would say that America's going to fall in love with her [from her reality series, Sarah Palin's Alaska.]"

"When I saw that first episode, I went, 'Whoa! She is charming and very likable.'"

Much attention was paid to Winfrey's political influence during the 2008 presidential election; she threw her support behind then-Illinois Senator Barack Obama early on in the race. Winfrey also hosted fundraisers and stumped for Obama on the campaign trail.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/22/oprah-talks-palin-2012/#more-140823

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Today from CNN's Palin watch:

Oprah talks Palin, 2012
By: CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - Oprah Winfrey says America may "fall in love" with Sarah Palin as a TV star, but is dismissing the idea that the country would vote for the former Alaska governor in the future.

Asked in an interview with Parade magazine if the thought of Palin's running for office scares her, Winfrey responded, "It does not scare me because I believe in the intelligence of the American public."

Winfrey, who interviewed Palin shortly after her first book was released, said she was not sure if the former Republican vice presidential candidate would run for president in 2012.

"I don't know her so I can't speak to [whether or not she'll be a candidate]," Winfrey said in the interview.

But, Winfrey complimented Palin's new reality show and said of Palin's performance, "I would say that America's going to fall in love with her [from her reality series, Sarah Palin's Alaska.]"

"When I saw that first episode, I went, 'Whoa! She is charming and very likable.'"

Much attention was paid to Winfrey's political influence during the 2008 presidential election; she threw her support behind then-Illinois Senator Barack Obama early on in the race. Winfrey also hosted fundraisers and stumped for Obama on the campaign trail.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/22/oprah-talks-palin-2012/#more-140823

Oprah also said today she believes in "the intelligence of the American people"... ;)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Oh, because electing the "transformational genius" who wont release his academic records, SAT, LSAT, writing, papers transcripts, etc has been so great?   ::)  ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this is what the dems want,you guys can't see that, they keep her in the news feeding the frenzy.the dumb repubs are now thinking she can win and the dems get to run againt this dingbat,its a win win situation for them

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
this is what the dems want,you guys can't see that, they keep her in the news feeding the frenzy.the dumb repubs are now thinking she can winand the dems get to run againt this dingbat,its a win win situation for them

She is not running. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you better give her a call and tell her because she thinks she's running

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you better give her a call and tell her because she thinks she's running

I don't thnk so.  Personally - I think she sees the crap obama is doing, the mess the world, the economy, the nation, will be left in afterobama is out of there and dos not want to shoulder the blame for the necessary harsh masures we will need to reverse course from this downward spiral down the toilet  bama keeps flushing daily. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
She is not running. 

Yep.... spending all this time in Iowa suddenly is just a coincidence.

All the times she said she's considering it... just blowing smoke.

Dude... she's running.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yep.... spending all this time in Iowa suddenly is just a coincidence.

All the times she said she's considering it... just blowing smoke.

Dude... she's running.

I would vote for her a million times over obama.   If the last two years of daily crap sandwiches is not enough for you, well, what can I say? 

And to say should would be worse?  Based on what?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sarah Palin Takes a Gratuitous Shot at Michelle Obama’s Anti-Obesity Initiative (& makes S’mores)
Mediaite ^ | 12/21/10 | Tommy Christopher

Sarah Palin Takes a Gratuitous Shot at Michelle Obama’s Anti-Obesity Initiative
by Tommy Christopher | 10:00 am, December 21st, 2010

Just last week, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin took justified exception at the media’s petty sniping over her visit to Haiti, when she was just trying to do some good. In a neat, if predictable, reversal, Sarah Palin took to sniping at First Lady Michelle Obama’s attempt to fight childhood obesity. On the latest episode of Sarah Palin’s Alaska, Palin roots around for the three ingredients for S’mores (a list that conveniently fits on the palm of her hand), and dedicates the snack to Michelle Obama “who said the other day we should not have dessert.”

This isn’t Palin’s first foray into snacktivism, and it probably won’t be the last, but what’s the big frickin’ deal?

Here’s the clip, from TLC:

(Excerpt) Read more at mediaite.com ...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
because she is a retard :o

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Oprah also said today she believes in "the intelligence of the American people"... ;)

So do I. 

She is still one of the most powerful persons in the country.   :-\

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
She is not running. 

If that is your only defense on this idiot continously milking the lime light for all the attention she can get, then you ain't got shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't think she is running.  She is better off doing what she does now and probably realizes that the mess left by bama will be too big for anyone to tackle and she would prefer to just bank cash and piSs off the loons on the left.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
In a neat, if predictable, reversal, Sarah Palin took to sniping at First Lady Michelle Obama’s attempt to fight childhood obesity

Palin appears to eat pretty "healthy". She's an avid runner, and stays in shape. If there was ever ONE STUPID POLICY where she could find common ground with the Obama's - it's this. "Health lifestyles & Healthy Kids". But, she can't even allow herself to be reasonable for 2 minutes... so she opposes something that 90% of the country actually agree's with the Obama's on. It's going to make her look utterly foolish (yet again).

I swear to God.. if Nancy Reagan was a Democrat, I think Palin would tell kids to pick up a crack pipe and take a couple of hits before bedtime just to be "oppositional" to the war on drugs. She's that much of a fuckin' idiot. 

Not my words, but funny nonetheless!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Its bout the gubmint getting in everyones face 240.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sarah Palin is my Person of the Year for 2010
Irish Central ^ | December 24, 2010 | Patrick Roberts

My person of the year 2011 is Sarah Palin.

No one has played the media at their own game and defeated them as handily as the former Governor of Alaska.

She has created an alternative universe, one where she controls her own media through appearances on Fox News and her Discovery special.

What anyone else writes doesn't seem to matter anymore.

By tweeting her latest thoughts or doing a live interview she can completely dominate a news cycle.

How successful is she? Remember 'death panels'?

Her books are best sellers and she continues to attract thousands to her signings

She influenced millions of voters by her endorsements in the mid term elections and helped create the Tea Party and its resounding success.

Along the way she confounded critics time after time.

In the process she has made millions, propelled herself into the race for the Republican nomination for President of the United States and has become a household name across the western world.

Today, every mention of her name raises hackles or cheers depending on where you stand politically. She is never boring, always controversial and the press cannot get enough of her.

She has done all this despite a legislative career that consists of a short period as governor of Alaska and chaotic and failed vice presidential candidate bid to her name.

She has the virtue that everyone continues to underestimate her, believing she has no chance at the Republican nomination in 2012.

I beg to differ as I have said here on numerous occasions.

I think 2011 will be another banner year for Palin at the end of which she will be poised to win Iowa and New Hampshire and sweep the Republican nomination.

Because she is the most unlikely political story in a lifetime I think she deserves Person of the Year for 2010.

And watch this space.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
No one has played the media at their own game and defeated them as handily as the former Governor of Alaska.

He has dropped from 50% to 40% approval rating from independents. 

In that whole year of "screaming as loud as possible about everything possible", the group that decides every election has grown disgusted with her.

So yes, she "used the media" to drop her approval rating to a point where the GOP is scared shitless she'll give obama 4 more years.  Great work.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If bama turns centrist and actually mans up and reverses course, he may get indes back. 

However, I don't believe he will and the economy will continue to suffer.