Author Topic: Sarah Palin = WINNING.  (Read 70357 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Official ALL THINGS Sarah Palin thread.
« Reply #475 on: February 01, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »

AMAZING: Rachel Maddow Falls For False Story Calling For Sarah Palin To Invade Egypt
Glynnis MacNicol | Feb. 1, 2011, 10:45 AM | 2,410 |  31

This is pretty lamestream.

Last night on her show Rachel Maddow called attention to a story on the website Christwire that was advocating for Sarah Palin to lead an American invasion into Egypt.

Now, depending what websites or comments sections you read that story may or may not sound off to you.

However! It certainly sounds nutty enough that a quick Google was probably in order before airing it on national televsion.  One that would have revealed pretty quickly that Christwire is a satirical site (and quite funny!).

Alas, apparently the story sounded solid to the Maddow team because they ran with it last night.

Maddow's people caught the mistake a short while later (as the Atlantic Wire notes, more than can be said for HuffPo).  But so much for Sarah Palin making it through the month without getting connected to Egypt.

Video below courtesy of the Atlantic Wire...because MSNBC has apparently scrapped it from their website.  Way to be transparent folks!  Expect a 'lame' Facebook note and or tweet from Palin shortly.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/lame-rachel-maddow-slams-sarah-palin-based-on-false-story-on-satircal-website-2011-2#ixzz1CjWEq8JA

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
mods, please move this entire thread to the V-board.  Thanks in advance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
mods, please move this entire thread to the V-board.  Thanks in advance.

Why?   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
aaawweehhheeee ppooorrr bbbaaabbbyyy - whatas wrong - a lttle sore that MadoffCare is going into the trash where it belongs?   
i think it needs to be trashed too.. WTF are you talking about?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i think it needs to be trashed too.. WTF are you talking about?

Trying to figure out your hard on for me.     ;)

Maybe the shaved head?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Im sue 240 and Blacken are lining up for this.   LoL. 

________________________ ________________________ _____________-

A Bristol Palin Memoir?
Politico ^ | 02/07/2011 | Karin Tanabe

Bristol Palin, the 20-year-old daughter of former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, seems to have put down her dancing shoes and picked up the pen. A book listing on Amazon, under the heading "Untitled Bristol Palin Memoir,” says that the 304-page book is due to hit the shelves June 21.

Back in November, Palin family friends told PopEater that Bristol was working on a book, but the nature of it was undisclosed.

According to the Amazon listing, the memoir will be published by William Morrow & Co., an imprint of Harper Collins. Neither the publisher nor Palin's rep immediately responded to requests for comment.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Palin - Both Sarah and Bristol - both two stupid to realize they had to sign their names on legal documents for trademarking the names Sarah Palin and Bristol Palin.

Really, you want her to run the county and the dumbass can't even complete paperwork without fucking it up.

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't want her running anything. 

At this point she should push the pundit schtick.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Not anymore.  And only because you got stomped and laughed at from corner to corner of the internet for saying you did in the past.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah, petty insults worthy of a second grader from a troll like yourself did it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Of course, when stating the truth about him and his bullshit his only defense is to claim you are insulting him.

Dude is so mentally unhinged and insecure in his little world of self loathing and self hatred that he fails to see why everyone on here laughs at him.  Doesn't really help his case when he is proven wrong on something and immediately the only thing he can think of is to try to change the subject and topic of discussion.  He will get his teeth kicked in on something and immediately start crying about Cap and Trade, KSM, White House Christmas decorations or some other unrelated bullshit on the thread.

Case closed.

If you consider the truth about you to be insulting, then that says more about yourself than anyone else.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
'Oopsies!': Us Weekly apologizes to Sarah Palin over using fake quotes

Sarah Palin. (Reuters)

Whoops!

Us Weekly ran a story quoting Sarah Palin demanding that Christina Aguilera be “deported” over her botched performance of the national anthem at Super Bowl XLV.

The only problem: It never happened.

The item “quoted” Palin trashing Aguilera as “a demanding beauty queen who’s clearly in over her head” and adding for good measure, “If I were president, I’d deport Ms. Augilera back to wherever it is she’s from and give Amy Smart a call.”

The fake quotes originated from an Onion-like satirical web site, relaying a fictional radio interview between the former Governor of Alaska and Fox News host Sean Hannity.

Other choice “quotes” from Palin that fooled Us Weekly included, “Here’s another case of an airhead diva going on TV, running her mouth off, sounding like a fool. She doesn’t understand something so basic about America, yet we’re supposed to tolerate her diva behavior?” and “Unemployment is at nine percent, yet we have to suffer through a performance by a foreigner with a poor grasp of the English language?”
Us Weekly apologized for their mistake Thursday saying, “Oopsies...our bad!”

"I had no interview with Sean [Hannity] and I have never bashed Christina," Palin told Us. "In fact, I've defended her by telling folks to back off the criticism of her mistake. I was telling my kids right after her national anthem issue blew up that people needed to lay off her mistake. And then to read to that I condemned her?"

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/02/11/oopsies-us-weekly-apologizes-to-sarah-palin-over-using-fake-quotes/#?test=faces

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Coulter 'insanely jealous' of Sarah Palin
By: CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - Conservative columnist Ann Coulter has made some enemies in her years as a right-wing firebrand, but she's still jealous of Sarah Palin's ability to agitate the left.
"I especially love her for her enemies, I'm insanely jealous of that," Coulter said last night on MSNBC. "I love her for how she makes liberal heads explode."

Coulter said she thought Palin could win the Republican presidential nomination, but that the former Alaska governor shouldn't bother running.

"I think it would be a step down for her to run for president," Coulter said. "It's like saying Rush Limbaugh should run for president. She's huge. She has enormous power. She sends out a Twitter on death panels and everyone's talking about it. I think it would be crazy for her to run for president."

Coulter did throw her support behind one potential candidate – New Jersey governor Chris Christie.

"Christie is very articulate," Coulter said. "He has taken brave positions that no other Republican was willing to take, taking on the teachers' union. Amazingly, every once and a while a politician comes along and tells the truth, and he's one of them."

Earlier this week, Christie told an audience in Washington, D.C., that he had no intention to run for the nomination. Coulter said if Christie were to stay out of the race, she may support Mitt Romney.
"He may well be the best candidate if it's not my love Christie."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/18/coulter-insanely-jealous-of-sarah-palin/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I still like Palin overall.  I judge people by those who hate them.  Palin has all the people who hate her that I too loathe. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
March 8, 2011
Could $5-Per-Gallon Gas Be What Palin Needs?
By Scott Conroy
www.realclearpolitics.co m

________________________ ___________________-

As gasoline prices shot up for the 13th straight day on Monday to a new national average topping $3.50 and oil prices rose to over $106 a barrel, the cost of energy seemed poised once again to rise to the forefront of the political discourse just as the 2012 presidential campaign generates steam.

Of all the prospective Republican candidates, none may have a better opportunity to benefit politically from a nominating cycle in which gas prices take center stage than former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Receive news alerts

Scott Conroy RealClearPolitics
election 2012 energy

Sarah Palin

• More

Marginalized by critics in 2008 over her perceived parochialism and lack of foreign policy experience, Palin can legitimately boast of a wide breadth of knowledge and wealth of experience on energy issues. For her, high gasoline prices may be an opportunity to demonstrate her own candlepower.

Since her 2009 resignation as governor, Palin has seemed eager to show off her policy chops on the national stage, but instead has struggled to mitigate the drawbacks of her celebrity image while repeatedly finding controversies large and small.

But it would be difficult for Palin's GOP rivals, and even her Democratic critics, to deny that energy issues fall directly into the wheelhouse of the former Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commissioner who went on to lead a state where almost 90 percent of the budget is funded by oil revenue. As Tina Fey might say, Palin can see oil pipelines from her house.

During an appearance on Fox News last weekend, Palin nodded in anticipation and smiled confidently as host Jeanine Pirro lined up a question about what the government should do about rising gas prices.

Speaking with unbridled relish, Palin replied that opening the strategic oil reserves was not the solution to the problem and reverted to her old mantra that the government should "drill here and drill now" before going into a more in-depth criticism of the Obama administration's energy policies.

"Back in '08, our U.S. crude also was trading at about $100 a barrel as it is today for about six months, and that was right before our world economy imploded," Palin said. "And now here we are back again, so [Obama's] timing - his destructive timing - of locking up 97 percent of our off-shore and not allowing ANWR to be touched, not allowing domestic drilling to take place to the degree that it should, it is terrifying where he is leading us in terms of being at the mercy of foreign regimes that would seek our demise to produce energy for us."

With analysts predicting that gas prices are likely to soar even higher amid continued unrest in North Africa and the Middle East, other prospective GOP contenders have already begun seizing on the issue, as the high energy usage summer months approach rapidly.

During an appearance at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce last week, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour accused Obama of intentionally boosting energy prices to promote a progressive environmental agenda.

"This administration's policies have been designed to drive up the cost of energy in the name of reducing pollution, in the name of making very expensive alternative fuels more economically competitive," Barbour said.

As the governor of a Gulf state, Barbour might also lay claim to having a special understanding of energy issues, but Palin for years has placed a particular emphasis on topic during her time in office and beyond.

The Alaska Gasline Inducement Act, which Palin signed into law in August of 2008, set the framework for a major natural pipeline proposal that would transport natural gas from Alaska's North Slope to the Lower 48.

On the vice presidential campaign trail just weeks later, Palin spoke more frequently about energy issues than any other subject, and the emotional high-point of her boisterous rallies often came when she led crowds of tens of thousands of people in chants of "drill, baby, drill!"

As Palin continues to generate criticism from those who frequently suggest that she has not demonstrated a thorough understanding of the issues facing the country, the energy topic could offer a prime opportunity for her to prove them wrong.

As she continues to mull a presidential run, Palin figures to take particular note that energy issues figure to loom especially large in the nation's first voting state of Iowa.

"The people here who are large consumers of fuel, in the trucking industry or farmers, it cuts into their profitability, and those businesses will start to ask questions about what can be done to relieve costs of high fuel," said Polk County Republican co-chairman Will Rogers, a supporter of Newt Gingrich, who is in talks to become a paid consultant to the former House speaker in the coming weeks. "Whether it's Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich or anybody else that's looking at running for president, this is a real issue for many Americans. If we see between now and January another $20 to $30 added to the price of a barrel of oil, people will be talking about it here in Iowa."

Scott Conroy covers the White House for RealClearPolitics. He can be reached at sconroy@realclearpolitics.com.

________________________ ______________

Ca't wait till it hits $5.00 a gallon and the piece of fecalmatter in the WH i still pushing his green scas and shemes.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
i totally refudiate that

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Palin has path to win, Republican warns

By: CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) – Prominent New Hampshire Republican Judd Gregg says that Sarah Palin just might have a clearer path to the Republican presidential nomination next year than commonly understood – an event he warns would lead to President Obama's clear reelection.

Gregg, the former senator and governor of the Granite State, says the muddled GOP presidential field means it's more likely than ever there won't be a clear consensus candidate before the party's nominating convention in August of 2012. If that happens, says Gregg, Palin and her army of supporters might have the upper hand when it comes to settling on a presidential candidate.

"A candidate who runs second or third in a great many primaries could go into the convention with a sizable block of delegates," writes Gregg in an Op-Ed in The Hill newspaper Monday. "Who would this favor? Does Sarah Palin come to mind? Although she is not viewed by most as strong enough to win, she is viewed by many as a person worth voting for to make a statement."

While it's unlikely Palin (should she run) would win that many primary contests, placing second or third might be enough - especially this time around when delegates will be awarded a proportionate basis instead of the winner-take-all system that has previously been the rule in Republican primaries.

"Finishing second and third isn't really a big deal – until you get enough delegates to be the nominee," writes Gregg. "And picking a nominee who it seems would be easily defeated by President Obama might not be the best statement."

In 2008, Gregg was a supporter of Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who is all-but-certain to run again.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/14/palin-has-path-to-win-republican-warns/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Finishing second and third isn't really a big deal – until you get enough delegates to be the nominee," writes Gregg. "And picking a nominee who it seems would be easily defeated by President Obama might not be the best statement."

Gregg is 100% right.

She will be easily defeated by obama.  Polls show it'll be a close race with every major repub - except her. 

She'd be selfish to run - especially because by 2016 she might be perceived MUCH differently.  Hilary was in no shape to be the nominee in 2004, but was perfect for 2008.  Palin is like that with 2012 and 2016.  By 2016, she will look older and more distinguished, and with some ambassador experience or something like that - might actually look presidential.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The $4-Per-Gallon President
by Sarah Palin on Tuesday
March 15, 2011 at 4:27pm

Is it really any surprise that oil and gas prices are surging toward the record highs we saw in 2008 just prior to the economic collapse? Despite the President’s strange assertions in his press conference last week, his Administration is not a passive observer to the trends that have inflated oil prices to dangerous levels. His war on domestic oil and gas exploration and production has caused us pain at the pump, endangered our already sluggish economic recovery, and threatened our national security.

The evidence of the President’s anti-drilling mentality and his culpability in the high gas prices hurting Americans is there for all to see. The following is not even an exhaustive list:

Exhibit A: His drilling moratorium. Guided by politics and pure emotion following the Gulf spill instead of peer-reviewed science or defensible law, the President used the power of his executive order to impose a deepwater drilling moratorium. The Administration even ignored a court order halting his moratorium. And what is the net result of the President’s (in)actions? A large drilling company was forced to declare bankruptcy, the economy of the region has been hobbled, and at least 7 rigs moved out of the Gulf area to other parts of the world while many others remain idle. Is it any surprise that oil production in the Gulf of Mexico is expected to fall by 240,000 bbl/d in 2011 alone?

But that’s just the Gulf. There’s also the question of a moratorium on the development of Alaska’s Outer Continental Shelf. It seems the Obama Administration can’t agree with itself on whether it imposed a moratorium there or not. The White House claims that they didn’t, but their own Department of the Interior let slip that they did. To clear up this mess, Gov. Parnell decided to sue the DOI to get a solid answer because such a federal OCS drilling moratorium would violate federal law.

Exhibit B: His 2012 budget. The President used his 2012 budget to propose the elimination of several vital oil and natural gas production tax incentives. Eliminating these incentives will discourage energy companies from completing exploratory projects, resulting in higher energy costs for all Americans – and not just at the pump. According to one study mentioned in a recent Wall Street Journal op-ed, eliminating the deduction for drilling costs “could increase natural gas prices by 50 cents per thousand cubic feet,” which would translate to “an increased cost to consumers of $11.5 billion per year in the form of higher natural gas prices.”

Exhibit C: His anti-drilling regulatory policies. The U.S. Geological Survey found that the area north of the Arctic Circle has an estimated 90 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil and 1,670 trillion cubic feet of technically recoverable natural gas, one third of which is in Alaskan territory. That’s our next Prudhoe Bay right there. According to one industry study, allowing Royal Dutch Shell to tap these reserves in Alaska’s Chukchi and Beaufort seas would create an annual average of 54,700 jobs nationwide with a $145 billion total payroll and generate an additional $193 billion a year in total revenues to local, state, and federal governments for 50 years. This would be great news if only the federal government would allow Shell to drill there. But it won’t. It’s been five years since Shell purchased the lease to develop these fields, but it’s been mired in a regulatory funk courtesy of the Obama Administration. After investing $3.5 billion in exploration programs (a significant portion of which went to ensuring responsible spill response and prevention), Shell announced last month that it has given up hope of obtaining the required permits to conduct exploratory drilling this year. That means no jobs and no billions in oil revenue from the Arctic anytime soon thanks to this Administration. Let’s stop and think about this for a moment. Right now Beltway politicos are quibbling over cutting $61 billion from our dangerously bloated $3.7 trillion budget. Allowing drilling in the Chukchi and Beaufort seas will enrich federal coffers by $167 billion a year without raising our taxes. If we let Harry Reid keep his “cowboy poetry,” would the White House consider letting us drill?

Taken altogether, it’s hard to deny that the Obama Administration is anti-drilling. The President may try to suggest that the rise in oil prices has nothing to do with him, but the American people won’t be fooled. Before we saw any protests in the Middle East, increased global demand led to a significant rise in oil prices; but the White House stood idly by watching the prices go up and allowing America to remain increasingly dependent on imports from foreign regimes in dangerously unstable parts of the world.

This was no accident. Through a process of what candidate Obama once called “gradual adjustment,” American consumers have seen prices at the pump rise 67 percent since he took office. Let’s not forget that in September 2008, candidate Obama’s Energy Secretary in-waiting said: “Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” That’s one campaign promise they’re working hard to fulfill! Last week, the British Telegraph reported that the price of petrol in the UK hit £6 a gallon – which comes to about $9.70. If you think $4 a gallon is bad now, just wait till the next crisis causes oil prices to “necessarily” skyrocket. Meanwhile, the vast undeveloped reserves that could help to keep prices at the pump affordable remain locked up because of President Obama’s deliberate unwillingness to drill here and drill now.

Hitting the American people with higher gas prices like this is essentially a hidden tax and a transfer of wealth to foreign regimes who are providing us the energy we refuse to provide for ourselves. Like inflation, higher energy prices are a hidden tax on Americans who are struggling to make ends meet. And these high gas prices will be felt in the form of higher food prices due to higher transportation costs. Energy is connected to everything in our economy. Access to affordable and secure energy is key to economic growth, which in turn is key to job growth. Energy is the building block of our economy. The President is purposely weakening that building block and weakening our country.

2012 can’t come soon enough.

- Sarah Palin

240 is Back

• Getbig V
"The $4-Per-Gallon President
by Sarah Palin on Tuesday"

So weird she didn't write a story like this about Bush's gas prices.

At least be consistent.  Obama is a kneepadding tool of the saudis.  So was Dubya.  So was clinton.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

At least be consistent.  Obama is a kneepadding tool of the saudis.  So was Dubya.  So was clinton.

its only bad if a dem does it... you know that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
its only bad if a dem does it... you know that

By comparing Obama to Bush (who you guys refer to as the worst POTUS ever), you are doing the Supreme Messiah no favors. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

But, at least by the end of Bush's second term, the prices dropped to $1.30/gallon. Plus, McCain bore the brunt of Bush's less-than-stellar final 18 months in office. The Obama campaign (with healthy assists from the left-winged goofies in the media) basically stuck a George-Bush mask on McCain's head.

That dog won't hunt on 2012.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
But, at least by the end of Bush's second term, the prices dropped to $1.30/gallon. Plus, McCain bore the brunt of Bush's less-than-stellar final 18 months in office. The Obama campaign (with healthy assists from the left-winged goofies in the media) basically stuck a George-Bush mask on McCain's head.

That dog won't hunt on 2012.

when did it go to 1.30?..where

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

when did it go to 1.30?..where

Tail end of 2008, particularly in the Sunshine State and the southeastern portion of the country.