Author Topic: Obama Admn keeping Oil drilling ban ($6 a gallon gas here we come) - Told You So  (Read 51382 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
tell me youre joking... as much partisan shit that you put on here... get the fuck out of here

And please dispute the overwhelming majority factor for the price of gas is the price of crude which is set on a world market that obama has no control over.. please... i think you do know that but you just play dumb like you do on so many other issues.. you go hard at it.. play dumb when your sensational rhetoric is debunked by boring ol facts, then you just let it die down and you never post in said thread again.. that is your calling card, its what you do. You never let a thing like real facts and figures and root cause get in the way of a good dust up filled with half facts and bull shit to get people riled up. You are Anti-Science. You my friend.. are a joke

Please dispute this you shill.   Obama very much has the power to help with prices of crude through his policies.   Whether its creating more supply or refining, whether its stopping the spending spree, whether its stopping the war mongering across the ME, Obama has a lot of influence.   

More bullshit excuses from the obamabots   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Please dispute this you shill.   Obama very much has the power to help with prices of crude through his policies.   Whether its creating more supply or refining, whether its stopping the spending spree, whether its stopping the war mongering across the ME, Obama has a lot of influence.   

More bullshit excuses from the obamabots   

Oh wow..  you really think that Obama Sets The price of Crude... Which is a Global Comidity? Traded on a World Market. WOW...
I swear i know you know this but youre playing dumb.. No one can be that dumb.. they just cant.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i don't think he's playing anymore

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And those prices are impacted by our policies just like food, gold, silver, platinum, etc.    

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
And those prices are impacted by our policies just like food, gold, silver, platinum, etc.    

Ok... seems to me you dont really give a shit about facts or reality, so its no reason to argue or present them to you. You just dont care.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ok... seems to me you dont really give a shit about facts or reality, so its no reason to argue or present them to you. You just dont care.

Whatever - keep making excuses for the messiah.   Everything is always an excuse, blame someone else, etc when it comes to obamas horrible policies resulting in a mess or making an existing mess even worse.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
he's the poster boy of the dumbing down of the republican party ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
he's the poster boy of the dumbing down of the republican party ;D

Was pelosi and obama wrong in 2007 when they blamed Bush? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Whatever - keep making excuses for the messiah.   Everything is always an excuse, blame someone else, etc when it comes to obamas horrible policies resulting in a mess or making an existing mess even worse.   

Ok.. so just forget the fact that ive listed the shit im not agreeing with.. The fact that i am an independent and ive voiced my dismay for Obama and my intensions to vote for Paul.. That shit goes out the window because i dont suscribe to your total bullshit and lies.
Ive said before, Bush had no control over the world price of Oil.. and he had no control over the gas being $4.60 a gal in summer of 2008.... So.. again.. try to understand how the market works. What really drives the prices and take off the "i hate obama" specs every time you attempt to discuss a topic.
Im almost positive you have no clue what the term Objective is. So you can keep saying that "ohh youre a 95% er and you cover for obama" but its not true and you know it as it has been well documented for about 3 years now. So stop trying to deflect and pick an isolated line out of my post to attack, and get some non partisan facts to back up what ever youre talking about. And just because no one drinks your spiked kool aid and jump on the i hate obama band wagon on every topic doesnt make them an Obamabot. It makes them a rational American that knows the difference between facts and Rhetoric.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ok.. so just forget the fact that ive listed the shit im not agreeing with.. The fact that i am an independent and ive voiced my dismay for Obama and my intensions to vote for Paul.. That shit goes out the window because i dont suscribe to your total bullshit and lies.
Ive said before, Bush had no control over the world price of Oil.. and he had no control over the gas being $4.60 a gal in summer of 2008.... So.. again.. try to understand how the market works. What really drives the prices and take off the "i hate obama" specs every time you attempt to discuss a topic.
Im almost positive you have no clue what the term Objective is. So you can keep saying that "ohh youre a 95% er and you cover for obama" but its not true and you know it as it has been well documented for about 3 years now. So stop trying to deflect and pick an isolated line out of my post to attack, and get some non partisan facts to back up what ever youre talking about. And just because no one drinks your spiked kool aid and jump on the i hate obama band wagon on every topic doesnt make them an Obamabot. It makes them a rational American that knows the difference between facts and Rhetoric.

When Bush had two wars going on and appointed Helicopter Ben as Fed Chairman, the Keynsian bullshit started and spiking everything.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

When Bush had two wars going on and appointed Helicopter Ben as Fed Chairman, the Keynsian bullshit started and spiking everything.   

As my 'Stupid and oil prices' article (as well as others) have pointed out, Obama has been encouraging Bernanke to QE to infinity. We're reaping the rewards of that. Too bad the Usurper never took an economics class.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Gas Price Rise Tied to Obama Policy

http://www.usbcnews.com/gas-price-rise-tied-to-obama-policy.html

_ When he was still candidate Obama, he spoke at length to a reporter with the San Francisco Chronicle in January of 2008. On the topic of energy production, then-Senator Obama outlined his plans to reduce energy consumption by drastically increasing regulation and costs. “When I was asked earlier about the issue of coal… under my plan... electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket… coal power plants, natural gas… you name it… whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was...”

However today, the Democratic administration is trying to project a different image of being supportive of working class Americans. The White House and its allies in the press are presenting a narrative of being frustrated and confused about not being able to lower the price of gas for consumers. However not only was Obama clear about the intentions but his surrogates expressed identical sentiments.

Later in the same interview, he indicated it wasn't merely a question of regulating power companies to insure they operate in an environmentally-friendly manner. The plan was to insure they didn't operate at all: “...So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them...”The administration has since claimed to be in favor of lowering regulations but businesses are unhappy with the lack of action to back up the rhetoric.

In September 2008, Steven Chu, who is now President Obama's Energy Secretary, talked to The Wall Street Journal: “Somehow,” Chu said, “we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” At the time Mr. Chu said that, prices in Europe averaged $9 per gallon. Economists warned at the time that this approach could prove damaging to the economy and since Obama has become president the unemployment rate has indeed skyrocketed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The Obama Watch
Energy Will Be Obama's Waterloo
By William Tucker on 3.2.12 @ 6:09AM

And it will all be his doing -- blaming Bush won't cut it anymore.

When President Obama suggested last week that we might eventually be replacing oil with algae, Mark Whittington of Yahoo suggested that the President had reached his "lunar base moment." It was an apt analogy. Just as Newt Gingrich's musings about a moon colony finally made the public cock its head a little when listening to him, so the moment may have arrived when the environmentalism fantasies that inhabit the President's brain will finally be exposed to the light of day.

As things stand now, $5 gas may shift the entire focus of the election onto energy and what the Administration's faculty-lounge policies have been doing to America's industrial base. To the public, "clean, green energy" will no longer be a dreamy vision of windmills and solar collectors but the hard reality of spending $100 to fill your tank. There's one more thing as well. This will be the first issue in four years where President Obama won't be able to cast reflexive blame on George Bush.

The President began his term with an Inaugural Address promise that "We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories." He has kept that promise. Using the crowbar of the $1 trillion "stimulus," the Administration has shoehorned much of the country's energy investment into a Rube-Goldberg sector of the economy made up of the half-baked projects of armchair entrepreneurs plus the off-the-charts dreams of those wanting see the entire planet transformed into an environmental utopia.

Prompted by various federal and state government tax incentives plus market-obliterating "renewable mandates," hundreds of square miles of mountain and prairie have been covered with 45-story windmills that look like the archaeological remnants of a previous race of 80-foot giants. These "wind farms" generally produce electricity that is essentially useless. When the wind blows, windmills can force other forms of generation out of the market because they are free of fuel costs. But those other forms of generation have to be kept running just in case the wind dies down. Last year when temperatures rose to 110 degrees in Texas, that state's 7 percent "wind capacity" proved absolutely useless in the heat-induced doldrums.

And wind "farms," it should be noted, always talk in terms of "capacity" rather than output. That's because they only operate about 30 percent of the time. Nobody has yet invented a way to store commercial quantities of electricity and it may be impossible without building facilities of equally gargantuan dimensions -- say an entire city block of rechargeable batteries. Without any means of storage, wind power is essentially a nuisance.

Then there is solar electricity, which, in order to access, California is now planning to cover dozens of square miles of pristine desert (yes, there is already environmental opposition) in order to prove the world can run on sunshine. Solar energy is a bit more concentrated than wind so that it only takes about five square miles of highly polished collectors to produce 100 megawatts -- when the sun shines. In the desert environment, these solar panels will require constant cleaning and polishing to keep them from getting covered with dust and therefore becoming dysfunctional. It's a labor-intensive task that will require lots of water coming from who-knows-where.

And how about the electric car? Caught in the headlock of a government bailout, GM was forced to push its Volt out the door -- where it has sat on dealer lots ever since. Sales are miserable, except for the occasional government agency that drops by to place an order. Government patronage of the electric car industry has also produced the $104,000 Fisker Karma, made in Denmark but shipped to our shores so that Leonardo DiCaprio and a few others could buy first editions. Then there was the Bright, which went bankrupt last month, and the Asperta, which failed before that.

Now all this wouldn't be so bad if the Administration hadn't spent the other half of its time trying to put the fossil fuel industry out of business in order to clear the path for the Green Age. After spending a year failing to pass cap-and-trade, the Administration has doubled down with the Environmental Protection Agency, turning it loose on the nation's coal plants. The Sierra Club just celebrated the closing of the 100th coal boiler, with more to come. Just what this will mean for the reliability of the electric grid will be revealed this summer when electrical demand peaks. Last August, with temperatures at 110 degrees, Texas consumed a record 68,000 megawatts of electricity with only 76,000 MW of generating capacity on hand. Since then, the EPA has demanded the closure of 10,000 MW of Texas coal. The state has dodged the bullet only by going to court. Industrial states from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin are facing the same dilemma. If the region starts suffering power shortages this summer, will George Bush be there to take the blame?

Not that the President hasn't been playing both sides of the fence. With extraordinary chutzpah, Obama has claimed credit for the increase in oil and gas production through fracking technology. As Newt Gingrich pointed out last week (chronicled on this site by Peter Ferrara), the only reason fracking has succeeded is that all the new deposits are east of the Rockies and therefore beneath private land. In the Far West, where the federal government still owns up to 80 percent of the territory, the pace of exploration is slower than ever. The Institute for Energy Research has shown that drilling on land owned by the Bureau of Land Management is at an all-time low, only half what it was during the Clinton Administration.

How about offshore development? For a few brief months, the Administration actually talked about opening up new areas for exploration. Then came the BP oil spill and since then the Gulf of Mexico is becoming a backwater. Of 51 rig platforms stationed in the Gulf, only 21 are under contract and 15 actually drilling, a utilization of only 41 percent. The rate in rest of the world is 83 percent and in Europe and the Mediterranean 96 percent so there's plenty of demand out there. Fourteen rigs have left the Gulf over the last two years and the pace is accelerating. Since the Gulf provides 30 percent of our domestic production, this is bound to have an impact.

This bureaucratic foot-dragging is recognized all over the oil industry. "These have been the most difficult three years from a policy standpoint that I've ever seen in my career," Bruce Vincent, president of Swift Energy, told the annual meeting of the National Association of Petroleum Engineers last week. "They've done nothing but restrict access and delay permitting." And that doesn't even include the Keystone Pipeline, where the Administration kicked away 700,000 barrels a day, 4 percent of our total consumption. And all this isn't supposed to have an effect on gas prices?

In truth, though, all these considerations are long-range. What is having a more immediate impact is probably the easy money policies of the Fed. Oil isn't climbing so much as the dollar is depreciating. As the Wall Street Journal notes, if President Obama is ready to reap the reward of rising housing and stock prices, it's only fair that he accept rising commodity prices as well. This is treacherous territory. Every major downturn since the Arab Oil Boycott of 1973 has been preceded by a run-up in oil prices. It seems to signal an inflationary bubble in the economy that is about to pop.

So what can the Administration do between now and November? To be frank, they haven't a clue. President Obama is a lawyer, not an economist or a scientist. His knowledge of energy is drawn from the chitchat in the faculty lounge.

In any case, wherever supply and demand are concerned, Democrats are rarely willing to concede to reality anyway. Bernie Sanders is already yammering about "speculators" and the apologists in the press are lamenting that "the President isn't to blame for gas prices." There are even off-the-wall stories claiming that drilling and pipelines will only make things worse. "The Canadian plan [for building Keystone] was to use their market power to raise prices in the United States and get more money from consumers," proclaimed Bloomberg breathlessly -- just as every entrepreneur plans to acquire "market power" to "get more money from customers." Only to end up have the market end up claiming power over them. When defending something like the Obama Administration's energy policies, it's always important to make simple things sound complicated.

At bottom, the real problem is what Charles Murray describes in his new book, Coming Apart --the growing gap between college-educated people schooled in the wish fulfillment of "green energy" and the hard-won, hard-nosed wisdom of blue-collar America. To the elite in New York, Washington and San Francisco, energy generation is something we're trying to put behind us. It's déclassé. Only in blue-collar regions like Pennsylvania, Ohio and North Dakota do the realities of energy become visible, tangible, and audible -- and taxable.

The good news for Republicans is that the battle lines are drawn. After a summer of $5 gas plus power shortages in industrial regions, the results of four years of Obama energy policies will be hard to avoid. And there won't be any George Bushes around to take the blame.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The Energy Snob
By Rich Lowry

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/03/02/the_energy_snob_113344.html

President Barack Obama looks down on drilling almost as much as he does on people clinging bitterly to their guns and religion.

At a recent campaign event, he mocked Republicans for their three-point energy plan, every point of which he said is a call for more drilling. When the hilarity died down, he assailed all this prospective oil and gas exploration as “not a plan,” but “a bumper sticker,” a cynical and witless attempt to demagogue soaring gas prices. Pity the fools who propose such asininity and the simple-minded souls who believe it.

In practically his next breath, though, the president bragged that “under my administration, America is producing more oil today than at any time in the last eight years.” The “under my administration” is particularly rich. It implies that the lights have been on late at night at the Department of Energy — compact fluorescents, no doubt — while bureaucrats figured out how to make the United States a pincushion for the great and good work of those much misunderstood oil companies.

While lamenting the bumper-sticker simplicities of his opponents, the president of nuance neglected to mention a few details. On federal lands, oil production declined 11 percent from 2010 to 2011, according to the pro-drilling Institute for Energy Research. On state and private lands, production increased 14 percent. Natural-gas production on federal lands dropped 27 percent from 2009, and increased 28 percent on state and private lands. The president took credit for a trend with which he had nothing to do and which he has tried to obstruct.Leases for onshore exploration under the Obama administration are down roughly 35 percent from the Bush administration and 70 percent from the Clinton administration. The Obama administration deigned to look at opening new offshore areas to exploration in 2010; then the BP oil spill hit, and the administration locked down again. When he wants to pose as pro-drilling, Obama essentially pretends that he’s the president of North Dakota.

If the sheiks who run OPEC prospected for new members in America’s heartland, they’d be trying to sign up the Peace Garden State. North Dakota’s oil production increased more than 50 percent during the past year, and tripled during the past five years. This has nothing to with the president. It is the work of old-fashioned ingenuity — innovations in hydraulic fracking and horizontal drilling that unlocked the Bakken formation — and the profit motive.

We should want to replicate North Dakotas everywhere we can. Yet we deny ourselves access to oil and gas off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, off about half the Gulf Coast, and in and around Alaska. We could be sitting on as much as 1.4 trillion barrels of technically recoverable oil. That’s an enormous amount of wealth that we turn up our noses at. If nothing else, recovering our oil and gas would create thousands of the blue-collar jobs that Democrats — rightly — say we need more of.

And oil companies will pay the federal government for the privilege. Imagine if Solyndra had given the feds $500 million to build its solar-panel plant in California, rather than the other way around. At the same time the Obama administration has thrown billions of dollars at green energy — the president’s latest enthusiasm is algae — it has denied the government billions of dollars of revenue from new leases.

It also happens that fossil fuels actually work, and even have unexpected benefits. The always-fascinating energy experts Ted Nordhaus and Michael Shellenberger note that carbon emissions in the United States have been declining and are projected to continue to do so. The short-term decline is a byproduct of the recession, but the future decline will have to do with new supplies of cleaner-burning natural gas. Europe, meanwhile, hasn’t made progress on emissions despite its cap-and-trade system. Fracking is helping us do what Euro-regulations are failing at.

The president may snicker all he likes. But the first three points of any energy plan worthy of the name should be drill, frack, and repeat.

Rich Lowry is the editor of National Review.
© 2012 by King Features Syndicate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Skip to comments.

Obama's Energy Plan: Buy Fuel Efficient Cars
Townhall.com ^ | March 3 2012 | Kat Hicks
Posted on March 3, 2012 1:04:47 PM EST by Kaslin

Keystone pipeline? Nah. Just buy a Prius! Or better yet -- a Volt!

Yes, President Inflate-Your-Tires has once again found a real solution to America's energy problems: buy a fuel efficient car! In his weekly address this morning, Obama suggests that the remedy to rising gas prices is coming from Detroit -- but it won't actually be here until 2025.

In his weekly radio and online address Saturday, Obama said Detroit automakers are on track to build cars that average nearly 55 miles per gallon by 2025, doubling current mileage standards.

"That means folks will be able to fill up every two weeks instead of every week, saving the typical family more than $8,000 at the pump over time," he said. "That's a big deal, especially as families are yet again feeling the pinch from rising gas prices."

"What's happening in Detroit will make a difference. But it won't solve everything," Obama said. "There's no silver bullet for avoiding spikes in gas prices every year."

Why don't you tell that to President Bush? You blamed him for increased gas prices back in 2008, when it cost $2.50/gallon to fill up.

You know what we call that now, Mr. President? The good old days.

Now, here we are, facing $5/gallon, and not only does Obama refuse to take the blame, but the best answer he can offer is a car that won't even be built for another 13 years. No, we won't build a pipeline from Canada to reduce our dependence on Middle Eastern oil. No, we won't allow for increased extraction of domestic oil reserves. Apparently, we're not even relying on the search for new forms of fuel as the cornerstone of this administration's energy policy.

Apparently, he's given up. It's on you now, America. Just buy a new car.

Rep. Doc Hastings of Washington, who gave the Republican address in response, said it best: "The president, who campaigned on a promise to address rising gas prices, now talks as if they're largely beyond his control."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama's Driving Americans Out of Cars
Townhall.com ^ | March 7, 2012 | Terry Jeffrey

Barack Obama is now achieving a vision that environmentalist ideologues could only dream about in the 1970s: He is driving Americans out of their cars.

In the three decades since American voters threw Jimmy Carter out of office, there have been only two years when Americans did not drive their cars and trucks more miles than the year before.

The first, according to the Federal Highway Administration, was 2008, when George W. Bush was president and the nation was in a deep recession.

The second was 2011, the third year of President Obama's term in office.

But Obama may be accomplishing something more significant than presiding over a single year when Americans decreased the miles they drove. Since 1970, the FHA has tracked the "vehicle miles traveled" by Americans each year. It peaked in 2007.

That year, Americans drove a record 3.031 billion miles. In 2008, as might be expected in a severe recession, American curtailed their driving, going only 2.976 billion miles.

But the American urge to drive has clearly decelerated since Obama took office. In 2009, Americans drove only 2.977 billion miles, virtually no change from the 2.976 billion in 2008. In 2010, they drove 2.998 billion, still less than the 2007 peak. And, in 2011, they drove only 2.962 billion.

That is the fewest miles Americans have driven since 2003.

One reason Americans are driving less is obvious. On Jan.19, 2009, the day before Obama's inauguration, the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline was $1.83 per gallon. Since then, it has more than doubled. On Monday, it was $3.71.

Do rising gas prices distress the leading intellects in the Obama administration? There is good reason to believe the opposite.

John Holdren is Obama's White House science and technology adviser. In 1973, he joined with population control advocates Paul Ehrlich and Anne Ehrlich in writing an environmentalist manifesto titled "Human Ecology: Problems and Solutions."

It called for government action to find "alternative activities" for the auto industry.

"In the transition from a cowboy economy to a spaceman economy, manufacturing industries will have to undergo vast changes," Holdren and the Ehrlichs wrote. "The largest manufacturing industry in the United States is the automobile industry, and its product is a dominant factor in the depletion of resources and the destruction of the environment. The industry therefore makes a particularly suitable case study for economic change."

"We believe a federal task force should be established immediately to do the planning and to lay the groundwork for dealing with the automobile problem without great disruption to the national economy," Holdren and the Ehrlichs wrote. "Such a task force might be part of a larger institution with the responsibility to devise policies for making the transition to a stable, ecologically sound economy. The task is enormous, but it is both possible and necessary. In the short term, alternative activities must be found for various industries, including those related to the automobile."

In the same book, Holdren and the Ehrlich's promoted economist Herman Daly's idea of imposing "depletion quotas" on natural resources -- which would drive up their prices.

"That is, upper limits would be placed on the total amount of each resource that could be extracted or imported by the United States each year," Holdren and the Ehrlichs wrote. "This would not only directly reduce the pressure Americans place on the resources of the planet, but would also automatically generate a trend toward recycling and pollution abatement."

"And depletion quotes on fossil fuels and fissionable materials would encourage the frugal use of energy," they wrote.

"Limiting the amount of energy available would, of course, also tend to limit the size and number of automobiles, encourage the use of mass transit and promote the substitution of efficient high-speed trains for energetically wasteful short- and medium-haul jet airplanes."

Obama's future science adviser was so taken with this idea that he suggested along with the Ehrlichs that prohibiting certain types of advertising would be justified.

"Both before and after depletion quotas are established," they wrote, "ways must be found to control advertising."

"Its most dangerous abuses might be halted by legislative action," they wrote. "For instance, it could be made illegal for any utility to advertise in such a way as to promote greater demand for power. Also, references to size, power or sexual potency (direct or implied) could be banned from automobile advertising."

Not long after Obama took office, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood described a policy initiative that would encourage denser urban neighborhoods and mass transit systems as "a way to coerce people out of their cars."

Energy Secretary Steven Chu said last week his department's goal was not to reduce gas prices, but "decrease our dependency on oil."

As president, Obama has subsidized electric cars and mass transit and even bought General Motors -- while refusing to approve a pipeline to bring oil from Canada into the United States. His new energy plans calls for ending what he terms $4 billion in annual tax "subsidies" to oil companies. What he means is he wants to raise taxes on the source of gasoline.

At least he hasn't called for banning references to size, power or sexual potency in auto advertising.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

the right on gas prices in 08,  do you see 333386 they're all the same,stop thinking one party is going to do anything differant :o

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 ::)  ::) 

Please show me one post kneepadding bush or the GOP

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
don't care about bush,talking about now,you seem to think a repub gets in office and the prices come down.only in make believe land,weelll you do spend most of your time there ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Here - just for you blackass you incompetent communist thug! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Oil is ‘the fuel of the past,’ says President Obama
Yahoo! News ^ | March 7, 2012 | Olivier Knox |

President Barack Obama on Wednesday dismissed oil as "the fuel of the past" as he made an unapologetic election-year pitch for his alternative energy industry policies and sniped at Republicans over painfully high gasoline prices.

"They get out on the campaign trail—and you and I both know there are no quick fixes to this problem—but listening to them, you'd think there were," he said at a Daimler Truck manufacturing plant in the battleground state of North Carolina.

Obama said that because the United States accounts for 20 percent of the world's consumption of oil but has only 2 percent of its petroleum reserves, "we're not going to be able to just drill our way out of the problem of high gas prices. Anybody who tells you otherwise either doesn't know what they're talking about or they aren't telling you the truth."

"Here is the truth. If we are going to control our energy future, then we've got to have an all-of-the-above strategy," he said in his speech. "We've got to develop every source of American energy—not just oil and gas, but wind power and solar power, nuclear power, biofuels."

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
OBAMA Oil sets $7 a gallon gas price target
MensNewsDaily.com ^ | March 3, 2010 | Roger F. Gay

To meet the Obama administration’s targets for increasing fuel taxes, researchers say that Americans will have to pay $7 for a gallon of gasoline; about 17 percent more than drivers in green-conscious and generally highly taxed Sweden.

In their study, researchers at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs devised several combinations of tax increases to address 70 percent of the oil used in the United States. The combinations were selected to match fuel consumption reduction targets. Most of their models assumed an economy-wide carbon dioxide tax starting at $30 a ton in 2010 and escalating to $60 a ton in 2030. In some cases researchers also factored in tax credits for electric and hybrid vehicles, taxes on fuel or both.

Fuel Taxes Must Rise, Harvard Researchers Say

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama Digs In: 'Personally Lobbying Democrats to Reject' Keystone Pipeline (Senate to Vote Today)
The Weekly Standard ^ | March 8, 2012 | Daniel Halper

President Obama is digging in on the Keystone XL pipeline. He is "personally lobbying Democrats to reject an amendment calling for its construction," Politico reports.

The White House lobbying effort, including phone calls from the president to Democrats, signals that the vote could be close when it heads to the floor Thursday. The president is trying to defeat an amendment that would give election-year fodder to his Republican critics who have accused him of blocking a job-creating energy project at a time of high gas prices.

The amendment, proposed by Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.), states that Obama would have no role in such cross-border permitting decisions since, in this case, the pipeline would originate in Canada. The measure would need 60 votes to pass, and Obama has already lost two Democrats who back the proposal - Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Mary Landrieu - and is at risk of losing more moderates and vulnerable Democrats.

The Keystone XL pipeline would create an estimated 20,000 jobs and, likely, drive down the price of gasoline in the long run. It would seem to be a good move at a time of high unemployment and high gas prices.

And, in fact, most Americans like the idea of the Keystone pipeline. According to a November poll, of likely U.S. voters, 60 percent "at least somewhat favor building the pipeline which President Obama has delayed until at least 2013 because of environmental concerns."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

the right on gas prices in 08,  do you see 333386 they're all the same,stop thinking one party is going to do anything differant :o