Author Topic: Obama Admn proposes to open U.S. roads and highways to Mexican Trucks  (Read 9202 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama Admn proposes to open U.S. roads and highways to Mexican Trucks
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
all those years - lou dobbs and the CTers were 100% correct.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »
It's weird that a free market lover like 333 is angry at cheaper labour coming into America.  That's capitalism and in a freer market would have occurred years ago. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »
It's weird that a free market lover like 333 is angry at cheaper labour coming into America.  That's capitalism and in a freer market would have occurred years ago. 

::)  ::)

We dont have a free market, not anything even close. 

I guess obama loves this plan since he can ship more guns to the drug cartels. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »
::)  ::)

We dont have a free market, not anything even close. 

I guess obama loves this plan since he can ship more guns to the drug cartels. 

Exactly, but this a step towards one.  Cheaper labor is paramount to the continued growth of capitalism.  If the market were truly 'free' not that it ever could be, then we would have had mexican labour up here years ago running our truck drivers into the ground. 

You cannot be a nationalist capitalist.  They don't mix.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:03 AM »
Source: ASSOCIATED PRESS

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters on Wednesday expanded its lawsuit against the government in a long-running battle that has stopped Mexican trucks from coming deep into the United States.

In papers filed in federal appeals court in Washington, the union said the government must first assess the environmental impact of a pilot project before letting it continue. The first Mexican truck in the pilot program crossed the border last month.

Teamsters President James P. Hoffa said opening the border to the trucks is an attack on the environment, on highway safety and on American truckers and warehouse workers.

"It's outrageous enough that we've outsourced millions of jobs to foreign countries, but now we're bringing foreign workers here to take our jobs," Hoffa said in a statement. "This is another pressure the American middle-class doesn't need."

MORE...

Read more: http://www.newser.com/article/d9r6mlm81/teamsters-expan...

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2011, 06:11:51 AM »
This is definitely an Obama flip-flop, but it's a good flip-flop. Doing this will lower transportation costs, which will increase business profits, which will allow businesses to hire workers in other areas. Also, lower transportation costs will increase real wages on the whole (due to lower prices of consumer goods).

BTW, this is a perfect example of why NAFTA isn't really free trade, but managed trade. THAT is the real reason why we need to get rid of NAFTA.