Author Topic: So fedor lost to silva last week...  (Read 17568 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: So fedor lost to silva last week...
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
i never stopped watching the ufc, i just don't watch as much as i used to

E

Must suck to watch something you hate.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2011, 02:37:03 PM »
Must suck to watch something you hate.

when did i say i hated it?  it's just not as cool as it used to be

and you would know, watching fedor fights even though you hate him

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2011, 03:10:39 PM »
when did i say i hated it?  it's just not as cool as it used to be

and you would know, watching fedor fights even though you hate him

E

You don't hate the UFC?  All you ever to is rip on Dana, rip on the UFC, rip on TUF fighters, rip on UFC fighters in general.  Now you're going to say you don't hate the UFC ::)
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2011, 03:29:29 PM »
You don't hate the UFC?  All you ever to is rip on Dana, rip on the UFC, rip on TUF fighters, rip on UFC fighters in general.  Now you're going to say you don't hate the UFC ::)

i said pride fighters were better and their shows were far more entertaining and epic

in comparison ufc feels like low class trash, that doesn't mean i don't watch

i liked the ufc more before it went mainstream, now i have to deal with tapouters and know it alls like you :-*

E

E

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
Well according to a lot of the PRIDE fanboys/Fedor nuthuggers, Randy should be given a free pass when he lost to Lesnar because he fought a guy most likely 60-70 lbs heavier in the cage. Much like Fedor did when he lost to Silva ;D

So then you agree that Fedor's last fight is negligible. Good.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2011, 06:51:09 AM »
So then you agree that Fedor's last fight is negligible. Good.

Randy was fighting for the belt.

Fedor  was fighting a 5-1 underdog.

End of story.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »
Randy was fighting for the belt.

Fedor  was fighting a 5-1 underdog.

End of story.

that was brock's 3rd ufc fight

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »
that was brock's 3rd ufc fight

E

And he had the most prestigious MMA belt...
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2011, 02:07:16 PM »
And he had the most prestigious MMA belt...

haha how prestigious can it be if a guy with 4 fights won it?

it's a slight step above the wcw title when david arguette won it ;D

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »
haha how prestigious can it be if a guy with 4 fights won it?

it's a slight step above the wcw title when david arguette won it ;D

E

What difference does it make how many fights someone has?  If someone with no fights beats Cain, then he beats him...end of story.  In fact, it shows just how good someone is, when with limited experience, they come in and dominate the best.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »
What difference does it make how many fights someone has?  If someone with no fights beats Cain, then he beats him...end of story.  In fact, it shows just how good someone is, when with limited experience, they come in and dominate the best.

or it means the competiton sucks

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
or it means the competiton sucks

E

that too.
w

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
The thing that made the UFC HW title so prestigious is that its the top division in the biggest org in MMA. Regardless of preferences towards fighters and orgs it can not be denied that UFC are top of the pile and nobody else is coming close to them - once they do Dana will simply see the out of business or absorb them with almost no resistance.

Brocks win was legit and stylistically he was always gonna be a bad match for Randy. Bigger, faster, stronger with just as good wrestling, i dont think Randy ever stood much of a chance and i was pleased for Brock that he managed to do it (BTW Randy also did the same thing in his 4th MMA fight). I dont think we have seen the best of the big man by a long shot, he needs a new camp and has to realise that hes been exposed as a 1 dimensional fighter who should have been alot more prepared for Cain. He was scared before he got in there, mentally i dont believe he was ready especially when youre surrounded by people telling you to fart more because they smell wonderful.

I also hate the fact ev1 goes on about Bigfoot being 5 - 1 underdog as most people fighting Fedor are that or worse. I picked him as my dark horse and thought Fedor might just have a little too much for him but stated if it were not for facing Fedor he would make the final. He is an excellent fighter, people just dont know enough about him however i have followed him for a while and recognise he is potentially a top 6 guy.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »
The thing that made the UFC HW title so prestigious is that its the top division in the biggest org in MMA. Regardless of preferences towards fighters and orgs it can not be denied that UFC are top of the pile and nobody else is coming close to them - once they do Dana will simply see the out of business or absorb them with almost no resistance.

The UFC's days are counted, dude. The huge Japanese banks with theitr billions of Dollars in capital are getting behind DREAM. Poor Zuffa has no way to compete against these monsters. The biggest fish in the tank

Brocks win was legit and stylistically he was always gonna be a bad match for Randy. Bigger, faster, stronger with just as good wrestling, i dont think Randy ever stood much of a chance and i was pleased for Brock that he managed to do it (BTW Randy also did the same thing in his 4th MMA fight). I dont think we have seen the best of the big man by a long shot, he needs a new camp and has to realise that hes been exposed as a 1 dimensional fighter who should have been alot more prepared for Cain. He was scared before he got in there, mentally i dont believe he was ready especially when youre surrounded by people telling you to fart more because they smell wonderful.

Brock Lesnar is a one dimensional wrestler who won fights by being matched against opponents he outweighted by 40+ lbs with bad take-down defenses(Mir). Once he fought a guy with above average striking that he couldn't take to the ground as easily due to his take down defenses and wrestling background, he lost. In fact, he lost to Carwin pretty much the both rounds and pulled an Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen in the end by giving a submission to a guy who has no idea how to defend from a submission. The UFC sucks when it comes to heavyweights.

I also hate the fact ev1 goes on about Bigfoot being 5 - 1 underdog as most people fighting Fedor are that or worse. I picked him as my dark horse and thought Fedor might just have a little too much for him but stated if it were not for facing Fedor he would make the final. He is an excellent fighter, people just dont know enough about him however i have followed him for a while and recognise he is potentially a top 6 guy.

Oh shit, you people are stupid. Silva won for the same reason lions don't attack and kill elephants: he is too big. Simple as that. You cannot overcome an advantage of close to 60 lbs in lean mass unless your opponent is a bodybuilder who has no idea how to throw a punch and has no ground game. This is why there are weight classes. If your opponent is decent and has 60 lean pounds on you, you lose. The Fedor of 2004 could probably find a way to win, but the Fedor of 2011 is too past his prime for someone as big and not terrible like Silva. To me, the fact that Fedor won a round against these odds shows me how great the guy is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
  The UFC's days are counted, dude. The huge Japanese banks with theitr billions of Dollars in capital are getting behind DREAM. Poor Zuffa has no way to compete against these monsters. The biggest fish in the tank

Brock Lesnar is a one dimensional wrestler who won fights by being matched against opponents he outweighted by 40+ lbs with bad take-down defenses(Mir). Once he fought a guy with above average striking that he couldn't take to the ground as easily due to his take down defenses and wrestling background, he lost. In fact, he lost to Carwin pretty much the both rounds and pulled an Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen in the end by giving a submission to a guy who has no idea how to defend from a submission. The UFC sucks when it comes to heavyweights.

Oh shit, you people are stupid. Silva won for the same reason lions don't attack and kill elephants: he is too big. Simple as that. You cannot overcome an advantage of close to 60 lbs in lean mass unless your opponent is a bodybuilder who has no idea how to throw a punch and has no ground game. This is why there are weight classes. If your opponent is decent and has 60 lean pounds on you, you lose. The Fedor of 2004 could probably find a way to win, but the Fedor of 2011 is too past his prime for someone as big and not terrible like Silva. To me, the fact that Fedor won a round against these odds shows me how great the guy is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I thought you said you were no longer going to follow MMA now that the Zuffa/UFC owns it all.

Did you change you mind?

We don't talk about oiled up men in thongs in this section.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I'm sorry but i have have read your repetitive excuse and have to tell you that it has no effect on the outcome. Fedor has been outweighed in almost all of his top class matches, against better opponents and by a hell of alot more than 55 lbs and has still managed to destroy those guys with seeming effortlessness. You are in denial that he has been beaten and for some reason feel the need to tell the world that he only lost because this, that and the other.............when in truth the world doesnt need to hear your juvenile wailing.

Fedor himself has not presented an excuse but rather taken the defeat like a champion, why do you endlessly state if's and but's like it will change history and suddenly justify his loss as a fluke. Its life - we learn, we peak and then we fall at the feet of those who are younger, hungrier and fresh for the fight. Hes still the greatest fighter that ever lived, but his peak was quite some time ago so please accept it and move on.

Its not the end of the world, however the fact that you call me stupid makes me wonder how mentally sound you are when i have presented what i would deem acceptable statements and all you have contributed is a bevy of cried excuses. I can not understand for the life of me why you post here, you clearly know very little and have yet to contribute anything positive.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »
I thought you said you were no longer going to follow MMA now that the Zuffa/UFC owns it all.

Did you change you mind?

We don't talk about oiled up men in thongs in this section.

and nobody came to getbig to talk about mma

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2011, 12:53:11 PM »

E

There are several of us that rarely if ever post anywhere but the MMA board.

So why are you still here? Have you welcomed Uncle Dana into your family?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »

E

Pretty much the only reason I come to GetBig is to talk MMA.  I very rarely post on the other boards...
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2011, 02:11:36 PM »
There are several of us that rarely if ever post anywhere but the MMA board.

So why are you still here? Have you welcomed Uncle Dana into your family?

none of you originally came here to talk mma

you came to talk "men in thongs"

as for dana in my family, i will treat him like a red headed step child

E
E

suckmymuscle

« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
I'm sorry but i have have read your repetitive excuse and have to tell you that it has no effect on the outcome. Fedor has been outweighed in almost all of his top class matches

Ok, two things. First of all, the Fedor of 2004 was different from the Fedor of 2011. Secondly, all the guys Fedor beat who outweighted him by 55+ lbs had serious holes in their games that Fedor could exploit. Semmy Shultz had no ground game. Hong Man Choi had no ground game and lacked power for a man his size. Zuluzinho was fat and very slow. Silva has 55+ lbs on Fedor and is well-rounded. Even the Fedor of 2004 would have his hands full with this monster. I think it's funny that you guys keep making fun of Fedor losing to Silva, but you would compliment the other Silva(Anderson) if he fought Shane Carwin and got KOd. You would excuse his loss based on size difference, but Fedor is somehow supposed to beat guys who outweight him by almost the equivalent of three weight classes, and if he loses he got "exposed". C'mon...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
 Ok, two things. First of all, the Fedor of 2004 was different from the Fedor of 2011. Secondly, all the guys Fedor beat who outweighted him by 55+ lbs had serious holes in their games that Fedor could exploit. Semmy Shultz had no ground game. Hong Man Choi had no ground game and lacked power for a man his size. Zuluzinho was fat and very slow. Silva has 55+ lbs on Fedor and is well-rounded. Even the Fedor of 2004 would have his hands full with this monster. I think it's funny that you guys keep making fun of Fedor losing to Silva, but you would compliment the other Silva(Anderson) if he fought Shane Carwin and got KOd. You would excuse his loss based on size difference, but Fedor is somehow supposed to beat guys who outweight him by almost the equivalent of three weight classes, and if he loses he got "exposed". C'mon...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

If you have ever read anything ive posted you will see that i have not once made fun of Fedor, i have championed him as the greatest fighter of all time based on several key elements to his game. I also have not tried to justify to myself how it is that he has started to lose, it has nothing to do with the calibre of the opponent it is simply that he is just not as good as he used to be. We saw it when Crocop came over - do you really think the 03-06 version of Mirko would have been beaten by Kongo or Napao? Not a chance.

Age is a fight nobody can win, we can hold our own for as long as possible but one day - literally - you will wake up and realise that your peak has passed. His own standards are what he is measured against and he is not able to meet them anymore, Arlovski was having his way with him and that was the first true sign that Fedor was weakening. He has gone considerably downhill ever since, each showing is worse that the previous.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
If you have ever read anything ive posted you will see that i have not once made fun of Fedor, i have championed him as the greatest fighter of all time based on several key elements to his game. I also have not tried to justify to myself how it is that he has started to lose, it has nothing to do with the calibre of the opponent it is simply that he is just not as good as he used to be. We saw it when Crocop came over - do you really think the 03-06 version of Mirko would have been beaten by Kongo or Napao? Not a chance.

Age is a fight nobody can win, we can hold our own for as long as possible but one day - literally - you will wake up and realise that your peak has passed. His own standards are what he is measured against and he is not able to meet them anymore, Arlovski was having his way with him and that was the first true sign that Fedor was weakening. He has gone considerably downhill ever since, each showing is worse that the previous.

I agree that Fedor is a shadow of his former self - still the greatest fighter in the World at 225 lbs and under. But are you saying that Semmy Shultz and Zuluzinho were as good as Silva? I disagree.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »
Not at all, i simply meant that not only has he beaten bigger fighters, but better opponents than Bigfoot could ever hope to be. Weight classes are irrelevant when it comes to overall quality and in Fedor i believe we have seen the best fighter of any generation who will not be matched in my lifetime.

And once again, a fighter i do not list in my personal top 10 favourites.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »
Not at all, i simply meant that not only has he beaten bigger fighters, but better opponents than Bigfoot could ever hope to be. Weight classes are irrelevant when it comes to overall quality and in Fedor i believe we have seen the best fighter of any generation who will not be matched in my lifetime.

And once again, a fighter i do not list in my personal top 10 favourites.

Besides Cro Cop & Nog, who are these "great" fighters that Fedor beat?
w