Author Topic: anti-virus on MAC  (Read 2903 times)

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
anti-virus on MAC
« on: February 21, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
I got a mac book this weekend. Do I need an anti virus? Is there a recommended free one?
U

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: anti-virus on MAC
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:50:46 PM »
outed

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
outed

haha, beat me to it..... I was going with the ole "mac?....I thought you were straight?"

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »
haha, beat me to it..... I was going with the ole "mac?....I thought you were straight?"

jimmy had me fooled all along with the football talk
sad to lose another one  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »
jimmy had me fooled all along with the football talk
sad to lose another one  ;D

LOL..... less competition now..... more for JNN.....

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:55:48 PM »
Waste of money. I purposely tried to get one and can't.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »
Dammit... I meant to post this on the. "Secret mac owners.com"
U

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 01:38:26 PM »
Just don't visit Getbig.com anymore and your Mac should remain secure............

spinnis

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »
lol @ mac

let me guess, you have a real computer on the side with "linux" installed?  ::)

;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
Just stay away from Freaknik Jimmy nothing to worry about.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »
good job going with a mac, your days of constant spyware, anit-viruses struggles, popups, and viruses are over

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 01:44:33 PM »
good job going with a mac, your days of constant spyware, anit-viruses struggles, popups, and viruses are over

why not just get linux or some shit like that if you're not smart enough to handle a antivirus program

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 02:05:17 PM »
lol @ mac

let me guess, you have a real computer on the side with "linux" installed?  ::)

;D
I love you swede.. you stop smoking again?
U

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »
I love you swede.. you stop smoking again?

how nice of you!

on a 3 week break =(

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
you don't need antivirius for a MAC

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
"anti-virus on MAC"

Tell your partner to wear condom

;D

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
how nice of you!

on a 3 week break =(
I knew it.. quite easy to tell
U

spinnis

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »
For numerous reasons, I got two of each. Two windows, and two Macs and I have to admit that the Macs have given me no problems whatsoever.

But the widow units have had bugs which required expert attention .... cause I are dume when it comes to fixing stuff.

And also .... whenever I drop my Macs or break one of the keys on the keyboard by shutting it on top of a bag of walnuts or similar 'shuts', I take it to the Apple store and they simply say, "Wait two minutes!" and then two to five minutes later someone comes out from the back carrying my computer which has been repaired and all shined up,

And it has never cost me a dime!

They even installed a new battery after my old one wore out when it reached the age of 5.
And at that time they said, "Here! Have a new power cord too. Your old one has a twist in it."

And all the above were absolutely free.

The only problem with a Mac is the fact that there are more software programs for the window units (not better, just more!).

But when I take my window units in for repair, I can't find anyone who can fix it or anyone who seems to even give a damn!

GIve it time and attend some free Mac classes at your Apple Store. After a short time with a Mac, you'll never use a windows unit again regardless of what our fellow GetBiggers think.

Notice that I wrote this on my Mac which took all the 'stupidity' out of it without any help from me.

That's what Apple does for you!

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 08:26:06 AM »
Macs are definitely for homosexuals.  Not to mention, they are total pieces of shit that lock up all the time.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »
"anti-virus on MAC"

Tell your partner to wear condom.

Don't you guys get it?
Ok, here is for slow guys; MAC is for gays. If their partners wear condom, they are men and means they together make a gay couple. Simple?
Then HIV is virus. So, to protect gay mac-user from HIV, they should tell their partners to wear condoms.

It's not so hard?

Plus this was freakin' hilarious! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »
you mac fools realise that you can buy PC components sepperately, right :D ?

There's 100000000000000x more variation and shit to choose from when it comes to pc and pc components. MAC is for dumb people who have no idea about chips/components how they work, how they cooperate with other components etc... when you buy MAC, the shit is there... you can't upgrade your processors, memorie, 3dcard, soundcard etc... your motherboard etc... when you buy mac it's there, lol.

dumb asses

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »
Microsoft is in the software business. Apple is in the hardware business. Apple computers are solid and run better because they make all their own parts. Windows(MS) running machines are usually a jumble of different parts made by company's. Not always designed to run long term at their highest level of performance. Though have made great advancements in recent years. Apples good programs are very small in number. Most of the world relies on Microsoft software. Rumor that Apple may go out of the computer making business in a few years and focus more on phones, etc. Steve Jobs may not e around much longer, so who knows.

Some Geek hate Bill Gates, so spend thousand of hours developing virus, malware, trojan, etc programs to  destroy Windows OS. Other Geeks just like the challenge of seeing if they can get any foreign Windows killer through.  No so much attention is paid to Apple OS/machines. If Geeks really wanted to focus on Apple big time, then Apple would have just as much trouble with viruses, etc than Windows does.

Might add that Linux is probably one of the best all around developing OS out here, but very few programs compared to Apple or Windows. Takes a little learning to get use to Linux, not for most people.
F

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 09:18:47 AM »
Dl clam x if you want. but you can used the net raw with OSx pretty safely. Viruses and malware do exist for macs, but they are rare.
A

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »
Microsoft is in the software business. Apple is in the hardware business. Apple computers are solid and run better because they make all their own parts. Windows(MS) running machines are usually a jumble of different parts made by company's. Not always designed to run long term at their highest level of performance. Though have made great advancements in recent years. Apples good programs are very small in number. Most of the world relies on Microsoft software. Rumor that Apple may go out of the computer making business in a few years and focus more on phones, etc. Steve Jobs may not e around much longer, so who knows.

Some Geek hate Bill Gates, so spend thousand of hours developing virus, malware, trojan, etc programs to  destroy Windows OS. Other Geeks just like the challenge of seeing if they can get any foreign Windows killer through.  No so much attention is paid to Apple OS/machines. If Geeks really wanted to focus on Apple big time, then Apple would have just as much trouble with viruses, etc than Windows does.

Might add that Linux is probably one of the best all around developing OS out here, but very few programs compared to Apple or Windows. Takes a little learning to get use to Linux, not for most people.

God you're stupid.  Mac doesn't make their own hardware, they buy the components from companies like foxconn.  Does that name ring a bell?  Also mac uses intel cpus and nvidia gpus just like a lot of pcs do.