Author Topic: D. Ratigan: "Liberals & Left Wing don't hold Obama accountable b/c he is black"  (Read 9755 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
MSNBC has a niche audience.  i'm talking about the major outlets that the average dolt still listens to.   

your clip on the first post of this thread is from MSNBC

the entire premise of your thread is based on the opinion from a 3rd string commentator from MSNBC

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

the entire premise of your thread is based on the opinion from a 3rd string commentator from MSNBC

Who was stating the obvious that most obamabots refuse to acknowledge.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Who was stating the obvious that most obamabots refuse to acknowledge.   

except for the fact that

1.  there has been criticism of the Obama administration's treatment of Manning
2.  there has been a lot of criticism of the Obama administration by members of his own party on numerous other issues so I don't see why his race would suddenly be an issue when it comes to Manning (and the answer that is because the Rattigans premise is false to begin with)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
except for the fact that

1.  there has been criticism of the Obama administration's treatment of Manning
2.  there has been a lot of criticism of the Obama administration by members of his own party on numerous other issues so I don't see why his race would suddenly be an issue when it comes to Manning (and the answer that is because the Rattigans premise is false to begin with)

The two ladies agreed with him no? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

The two ladies agreed with him no? 

so what

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
so what

Meaning that you seem th odd man out on this, not Dylan. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Meaning that you seem th odd man out on this, not Dylan. 

I'm given your sources to show his statement that there has been no criticism of Manning is incorrect and I've given you examples of vocal criticism of Obama by his own partty which occured in spite of the fact that Obama was black then too

Both statement by Rattigan are provably false so it makes no difference to me whether 2 people on his show agree with him or not

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm given your sources to show his statement that there has been no criticism of Manning is incorrect and I've given you examples of vocal criticism of Obama by his own partty which occured in spite of the fact that Obama was black then too

Both statement by Rattigan are provably false so it makes no difference to me whether 2 people on his show agree with him or not

Like I said - i'm talking about the major outlets like abc, nbc, cbs, WAPO, LAT, Usa Today, Newsday, Daily News, NYT, etc. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Like I said - i'm talking about the major outlets like abc, nbc, cbs, WAPO, LAT, Usa Today, Newsday, Daily News, NYT, etc. 

your whole thread is based on the demonstrably false opinion of a back bencher on MSNBC

I've shown you proof that it's false

maybe you can explain why Obama's race is supposedly a factor on this topic yet didn't prevent Dems from criticizing him for extending the Bush Tax cuts (to give you one of many possible examples) 

Why wasn't his race a factor then?

Wasn't Obama black then too?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
your whole thread is based on the demonstrably false opinion of a back bencher on MSNBC

I've shown you proof that it's false

maybe you can explain why Obama's race is supposedly a factor on this topic yet didn't prevent Dems from criticizing him for extending the Bush Tax cuts (to give you one of many possible examples) 

Why wasn't his race a factor then?

Wasn't Obama black then too?

If I remember correctly - Obama played the victim card on that and claimed he was being held hostage.  he did not act like the protagonist inthat episode even though he really was.       

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

If I remember correctly - Obama played the victim card on that and claimed he was being held hostage.  he did not act like the protagonist inthat episode even though he really was.       

that didn't stop members of his own party from criticizing him

why didn't they care about his race then

how about during the healthcare debates when they also criticized him

I think he was black then too

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
that didn't stop members of his own party from criticizing him

why didn't they care about his race then

how about during the healthcare debates when they also criticized him

I think he was black then too

Please - those voices were minute compared to the overwhelming screams in favor of obamacare at the time.   

Remember the "RAM IT THROUGH" crap we heard daily from the Dems?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Please - those voices were minute compared to the overwhelming screams in favor of obamacare at the time.   

Remember the "RAM IT THROUGH" crap we heard daily from the Dems?

I'd argue against that but in order to stay on topic of your thread let's stick with the Bush Tax cuts

why didn't Obama's race prevent Dems from criticizing him on that issue

or even more directly, why is Obama's race preventing Dems from criticizing him on the treatment of Manning

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'd argue against that but in order to stay on topic of your thread let's stick with the Bush Tax cuts

why didn't Obama's race prevent Dems from criticizing him on that issue

or even more directly, why is Obama's race preventing Dems from criticizing him on the treatment of Manning

I think they are talking in terms of what these same people have demonstrated in the past against a repub or other dem.   The so called "criticism" has been tepid at best. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I think they are talking in terms of what these same people have demonstrated in the past against a repub or other dem.   The so called "criticism" has been tepid at best.   

are those pics from the US ?

people often post pics like that on this site and I think many of them might actually be from protests outside of the US

still waiting for you to explain why Obama's race is preventing Dems from criticizing Obama regarding Manning

that's the premise of your thread and I presume you believe it so just give us an explanation of why Obama's race is an issue on this topic

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
are those pics from the US ?

people often post pics like that on this site and I think many of them might actually be from protests outside of the US

still waiting for you to explain why Obama's race is preventing Dems from criticizing Obama regarding Manning

that's the premise of your thread and I presume you believe it so just give us an explanation of why Obama's race is an issue on this topic

What i believe is that if Obama were a 60 y/o white politican named "Barry O'Malley" from Boston, MA, he would be getting fried daily from everyone,including WAPO, NYT, LAT, ABC, NBC, CBS, USA Today, etc and  many many manymore in his own party, and much more more loudly and pronounced. 

The criticism we have seen so far as been mostly from bloggers, internet forums, and niche sites         

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What i believe is that if Obama were a 60 y/o white politican named "Barry O'Malley" from Boston, MA, he would be getting fried daily from everyone,including WAPO, NYT, LAT, ABC, NBC, CBS, USA Today, etc and  many many manymore in his own party, and much more more loudly and pronounced. 

The criticism we have seen so far as been mostly from bloggers, internet forums, and niche sites         

I think most politicians don't see any benefit to them in saying anything about this right now

criticizing how he is allegedy being treated could be misinterpretted as supporting the guy

this is not a battle most politicians would want to have and certainly not with their own party

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
what I heard him say was the left doesn't want to criticize Obama on the issue of how Manning is being treated because he is a "liberal, black, democratic president"

why does your brain only hear "black" and nothing else?

truth

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

exactly right....this is the problem I often have with 3333's threads.....he plucks some quote from some guy no one gives a damn about and who has no credibility and puts it in Neon lights as the truth..but when a reputable commentator quotes favorable comments about Obama, he ignores it and says its just the liberal left loonies and it doesn't count.....AMAZING HYPOCRISY

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ratigan has no credibility? 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Ratigan has no credibility? 

He's not exactly a first-stringer....yes I will say he has credibility but how about the other commentators out there who are more prominent than him who have said favorable things about Obama?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He's not exactly a first-stringer....yes I will say he has credibility but how about the other commentators out there who are more prominent than him who have said favorable things about Obama?

George W. Bush Jr. & Sr., Barbara Bush, Jeb Bush, et al dont count.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
George W. Bush Jr. & Sr., Barbara Bush, Jeb Bush, et al dont count.   

why not?