Author Topic: PS3 or XBOX360.  (Read 10939 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
PS3 or XBOX360.
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
Im thinking of buy one of those 2. Whats the best? games variety, support, console quality...etc.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: PS3 or XBOX360.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »
oh god

this is not going to end well.
from incomplete data

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:32 AM »
XBOX 360!!!  

Halo Reach baby ;-), XBOX live, Kinect (Not much good content out not for it but has a ton of excellent games in development right now)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
well i have a ps3 but i prefer xbox 360s controlls. if you want a blue ray player to then buy the ps3.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
PS3 , the only thing XBox didn't rip-off PS3 was X-box live and it's the only advantage

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »
XBOX 360!!!  

Halo Reach baby ;-), XBOX live, Kinect (Not much good content out not for it but has a ton of excellent games in development right now)
im thinking about buy a xbox 360 to my daughter with the kinect and that animal game. thats a good excuse to have them both cause shes 2 years old and i doubt she will have any interest in it atleast until shes 3 :D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
XBOX 360!!!  

I thought PS3 was "the shit"?  :-\ Im thinking of ps3..

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »
PS3 all day
no contest..xbox controller feels and looks like a jeep...
left anolog stick up right anolog stick down..
 :-[
choice is an illusion

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:07 AM »
PS3 all day

^^^^^ THIS

PS3 all day long.  8)
D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:53 AM »
To be fair though....I mean they all have their advantages and disadvantages.....

PS3 has a blu ray player and 3D games (if you have a 3D TV), plus some really sick games, and the Plastation move

I dunno, I knew I wanted an XBOX because of XBOX live, and most of my friends have it, so we all play online together games like Halo Reach and Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War, etc

The Xbox Kinect has a ton of potential but its still very new (I have that too), its control and motion capturing is ON POINT and awesome (you don't need a remote like the wii and ps3), but the games out are still very kids/family oriented, hardcore games are still in development.... so I imagine in a year or two I'd probably be using it more often!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
PS3 , the only thing XBox didn't rip-off PS3 was X-box live and it's the only advantage

How did they rip off the PS3, they beat them to market by a year.

But, to your own point, that's a major advantage.
Y

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
buy the consolle most of your friends have, then you can loan games from them and play online with them,

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
Meso - the only real way to give you a non-fanboy answer is to ask you what you like, and what you're looking for in a system.   Feel free to ask away, and I'll give you an honest answer.  I've pretty much owned every single system since the Atari 2600.

Bob's comment right above should be a big factor.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »
PS3 all day

Meso - this is what I mean.  All this stuff is subjective.  But, you need to know that the 360 controller is widely considered to be the best controller of all time.  You can look it up if you want to do the research.
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »
Meso - this is what I mean.  All this stuff is subjective.  But, you need to know that the 360 controller is widely considered to be the best controller of all time.  You can look it up if you want to do the research.

I LOVE the XBOX 360 Controller!!!!  I even bought another one to use for my PC gaming (its compatible, since Microsoft makes the XBOX)!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »
Meso - the only real way to give you a non-fanboy answer is to ask you what you like, and what you're looking for in a system.   Feel free to ask away, and I'll give you an honest answer.  I've pretty much owned every single system since the Atari 2600.

Bob's comment right above should be a big factor.
To be honest I never owned a playstation or xbox console...i was always a fan of nintendo...gameboy...sne s etc... AND their games...sequels etc, i grew up with them..  :'( :)

I dont know Wii seems childish so im beetween PS3 and Xbox360. the 2nd is cheaper...games, well as far as i know they have the same titles..

Im thinking of PS3 maybe because came out later (I think) than Xbox so it must be better.  (::))

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 09:50:59 AM »
How did they rip off the PS3, they beat them to market by a year.

But, to your own point, that's a major advantage.

Yes they beat them to the market and that's exactly the reason they had a 33% failure rate with the RRD

look at the latest XBox Elite it's has all the features of the PS3 ( sorta ) hell they even made it black , it's the system they should have built in the beginning

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
Yes they beat them to the market and that's exactly the reason they had a 33% failure rate with the RRD

look at the latest XBox Elite it's has all the features of the PS3 ( sorta ) hell they even made it black , it's the system they should have built in the beginning

I hear you on the first point, but it was all by design.  They knew the failure rate before they even launched it.  Grabbing market share was more important, and the strategy worked.  As for the similarity, all these things are going to gravitate towards the same functionality.

Microsoft won this round convincingly, and the the numbers back it up.  And  they were able to do it in only two markets vs. Sony's three.
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:54:16 AM »
Another feature about the Xbox I like is you can play your music while playing games , other than that and Xbox live it doesn't have much over the PS3

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
Another feature about the Xbox I like is you can play your music while playing games , other than that and Xbox live it doesn't have much over the PS3

I didn't know that you could listen to music while playing games lol, thats pretty cool!

I imagine you'd be just as happy either way, they're both bound to have you glued to your tv and system!!!

I have no regrets about getting the Xbox 360 this past christmas!  Been an absolute blast!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 09:58:36 AM »
I hear you on the first point, but it was all by design.  They knew the failure rate before they even launched it.  Grabbing market share was more important, and the strategy worked.

Microsoft won this round convincingly, and the the numbers back it up.  And  they were able to do it in only two markets vs. Sony's three.

Microsoft = losers in the sum of over a BILLION dollars to fix all the problems.

I was going to buy an XBox before my PS3 but I heard to many horror stories so I stood with Sony

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 09:59:30 AM »

That's cool, but it's just a niche feature.    I like to hear the game sounds when I play.
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »
That's cool, but it's just a niche feature.    I like to hear the game sounds when I play.

I hear you especially if you're into the game

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 10:01:20 AM »
Microsoft = losers in the sum of over a BILLION dollars to fix all the problems.

I was going to buy an XBox before my PS3 but I heard to many horror stories so I stood with Sony

Not losers though.  They're actually were in the black with the 360, despite the billion, something extremely rare with consoles.   It's a huge success.
Y

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »

Well, i have a PS3 and X-BOX 360 and they both went out on the same day.  >:( I had the PS3 four years + more then the X-BOX 360 and they died on the same fucking day. I traded both in that were dead and just picked up a new version of each.  :) Pissed me off but i got so much more out of the PS3.  8) The X-BOX 360 remote is a piece of shit and uses batteries...WTF... >:( >:(
D