Author Topic: crysis 2  (Read 20899 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: crysis 2
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
also the recent medal of honor was absolute garbage and was panned by critics, though it still sold about 6 million due to marketing and having a well known brand name ;)

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »
if they aren't as good as i think they are, than why do they score in the high 8's to mid 9's on metacritic?

how many killzone or resistance commercials have you seen?  how many halo or call of duty commercials have you seen?  a lot more

both of those ps3 exclusives are rated just as high, they just aren't marketed anywhere near as well

i honestly don't know of this ps3 tv campaign, and i watch a lot of tv ;)

E

Think about it - if marketing was the reason why wouldn't they........wait for it...........do more/better marketing?  In your mind, you've laid out the simple, obvious solution to sell MILLIONS more games.  Why don't they do it then?
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »
all due to a cheaper price, a year head start, and superior marketing

E

So what's the excuse for the last 9 months, five years into their life cycles, when they've been the same price?  Oh yeah, marketing.  See the post above - I guess Sony doesn't know about marketing.  ::)
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »
well exclusivity should be the main reason people choose a console over another, why buy one console if you feel it's exclusives are far worse than the other?  if i want action adventure titles why choose 360 when their big exclusives are shooters when there are plenty of muliti platform shooters?

E

Only because you say so.

Games are subjective.  Just because you list titles as exclusives doesn't mean they're any good.  LBP was a disaster.   Twisted Metal (which you failed to list as a sequel of a sequel of a sequel....) is nothing, a dud.  Just because you list them doesn't mean they're good.  What about Crackdown, Dead Rising, and Fable on the 360?   See how easy it is?

Do you know that most cross-platform games are developed for the 360 and ported to the PS3?   Do you know that most cross platform reviews say the 360 versions are better?  Do you know the PS3 struggles with the Unreal Engine?  Do you even know what the Unreal Engine is (GOOGLE TIME!).    Do you know about texture RAM, the PS3 sacrificing polys to keep framerates up?  No - you don't know shit about any of this.

All you know is that your subjective opinion thinks the PS3 has better tittles, and you'll ignore everything tangible that presented because you are the quintessential PS fanboi who can't back anything up with anything concrete.  I can tell your answer to anything VG related before you even post it.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »
also the recent medal of honor was absolute garbage and was panned by critics, though it still sold about 6 million due to marketing and having a well known brand name ;)

E

Actually. This shows you are making stuff up.

The single player while short was totally emersive. It wad the multiplayer which was some by dice that sucked.

The singleplayer was a solid 90 metacritic but the multiplayer was about a 40.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »
Think about it - if marketing was the reason why wouldn't they........wait for it...........do more/better marketing?  In your mind, you've laid out the simple, obvious solution to sell MILLIONS more games.  Why don't they do it then?

good question

why does one company market better than others? 

you don't think microsoft markets it's products better than sony? 

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
So what's the excuse for the last 9 months, five years into their life cycles, when they've been the same price?  Oh yeah, marketing.  See the post above - I guess Sony doesn't know about marketing.  ::)

yeah marketing,why do you think that's a lame excuse? why do these billion dollar businesses spend so much on a super bowl commercial if it doesn't help them sell more?

why are most multiplatform games like call of duty marketed as if they are a 360 exclusive? when the commercial ends it shows the xbox logo, not ps3

and they've been the same price for about a year and a half

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »
Only because you say so.

Games are subjective.  Just because you list titles as exclusives doesn't mean they're any good.  LBP was a disaster.   Twisted Metal (which you failed to list as a sequel of a sequel of a sequel....) is nothing, a dud.  Just because you list them doesn't mean they're good.  What about Crackdown, Dead Rising, and Fable on the 360?   See how easy it is?

Do you know that most cross-platform games are developed for the 360 and ported to the PS3?   Do you know that most cross platform reviews say the 360 versions are better?  Do you know the PS3 struggles with the Unreal Engine?  Do you even know what the Unreal Engine is (GOOGLE TIME!).    Do you know about texture RAM, the PS3 sacrificing polys to keep framerates up?  No - you don't know shit about any of this.

All you know is that your subjective opinion thinks the PS3 has better tittles, and you'll ignore everything tangible that presented because you are the quintessential PS fanboi who can't back anything up with anything concrete.  I can tell your answer to anything VG related before you even post it.

a game that scored a 9 on metacritic was a disaster?  sold a few million,  so why did a sequel just come out?  every game i listed scored higher most of the 360 games you listed,

if twisted metal is a dud why is it still being made all these years later?

most cross platform games are close enough and if you hink otherwise you are still stuck in 2008, you would have to look for a difference to see it, i can name several games that are better on ps3

did you know 360 couldn't run uncharted or god of war, GOOGLE TIME Hhahaha you fan boys still have to swap discs for large games

you are every bit as biased as me,if not more don't kid yourself 'sony lost this round' in 2008 ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »
Actually. This shows you are making stuff up.

The single player while short was totally emersive. It wad the multiplayer which was some by dice that sucked.

The singleplayer was a solid 90 metacritic but the multiplayer was about a 40.

it scored a 75 on metacritic, 6 million copies is a ton for a mediocre score like that

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104335-EA-Dismisses-Middling-Medal-of-Honor-Metacritic-Score

E

E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2011, 11:27:42 PM »

it scored a 75 on metacritic, 6 million copies is a ton for a mediocre score like that

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104335-EA-Dismisses-Middling-Medal-of-Honor-Metacritic-Score

E

I know the score... I knew it when I mentioned it earlier... You know... cause I worked on it.

Again, the single player was easily a 90 and the multiplayer like a 40... DICE fucked the MP up big time... It's literally unplayable, but the single player is fucking FANTASTIC.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2011, 01:25:50 AM »
Sorry man... Not a single one of those is better than Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, or the like... Super Smash Brothers crushes almost all other fighting games... You may think that they are "boring" or what have you... but sales don't lie... Those games are gold and lots of fun. I have bought every one of them.

Unless you're one of these people who just think "nintendo is for kids", which means I can't have a logical discourse because you've got your mind all made up.
you are soooo right, zelda twillight princess is one of the best games i ever played and i was 28 when i played it, same goes with mario galaxy. yes they may look a little childish and the graphics are old but the story in zelda and pure joy in mario is better than 99 procent of the games i played on the xbox and ps3. people over 20 who never played those games will never understand it before the try the games

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
Only because you say so.

correct me if im wrong but isnt it harder and more complicated to do games to the ps3 than it is to xbox 360?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2011, 02:22:31 AM »
correct me if im wrong but isnt it harder and more complicated to do games to the ps3 than it is to xbox 360?

It was in the beginning. The toolset for the PS3 was very lacking. They've come a long way since then though.

Most games are released at the same time these says because its my h easier than it used to be.

Most games are actually built on an engine which is run on a PC and then simply coded for the correct platform.

It's all about the engine.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2011, 02:58:40 AM »
It was in the beginning. The toolset for the PS3 was very lacking. They've come a long way since then though.

Most games are released at the same time these says because its my h easier than it used to be.

Most games are actually built on an engine which is run on a PC and then simply coded for the correct platform.

It's all about the engine.
aah ok

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2011, 07:38:55 AM »
yeah marketing,why do you think that's a lame excuse? why do these billion dollar businesses spend so much on a super bowl commercial if it doesn't help them sell more?

why are most multiplatform games like call of duty marketed as if they are a 360 exclusive? when the commercial ends it shows the xbox logo, not ps3

and they've been the same price for about a year and a half

E

How many commercials and ads have you seen for Just Dance?
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2011, 07:41:37 AM »

most cross platform games are close enough and if you hink otherwise you are still stuck in 2008, you would have to look for a difference to see it, i can name several games that are better on ps3
E

Go ahead.  Use the major releases.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2011, 11:24:42 AM »
you are soooo right, zelda twillight princess is one of the best games i ever played and i was 28 when i played it, same goes with mario galaxy. yes they may look a little childish and the graphics are old but the story in zelda and pure joy in mario is better than 99 procent of the games i played on the xbox and ps3. people over 20 who never played those games will never understand it before the try the games

twilight princess was basically ocarina of time

this is what i mean, how many times can people play the same game before it gets old?  not saying the game is childish but it should be people under 20 enjoying it because they didn't play it when it was new

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2011, 11:26:41 AM »
How many commercials and ads have you seen for Just Dance?

nowhere near as many as halo, gears of war, and many multiplatform games like call of duty that seem to be marketed as if they are exclusive to 360

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2011, 11:30:47 AM »
Go ahead.  Use the major releases.

homefront, batman arkham asylum, final fantasy 13, castlevania, marvel vs capcom are some recent ones

most multiplatform games are equal or close enough, the only ones that look or perfrom much better are mostly games from before 2009

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
this is what i mean, how many times can people play the same game before it gets old? 
E

I know, right?  Like Twisted Metal.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2011, 11:40:34 AM »
nowhere near as many as halo, gears of war, and many multiplatform games like call of duty that seem to be marketed as if they are exclusive to 360

E

Thanks for proving my point.  The game was wildly successful yet with almost no marketing.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »
I know, right?  Like Twisted Metal.

there hasn't been a new one in 10 years ::)

there will be changes made, like online multiplayer

unlike mario which is the same game every time

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
Thanks for proving my point.  The game was wildly successful yet with almost no marketing.

it was marketed more than ps3 exclusives, and it's a gimmick game just like the wii is a gimmick, people that don't play games (women, old people) go to the store and see a dance game and they buy it

are you denying that halo and gears weren't marketed extremely well?

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2011, 12:13:47 PM »
it was marketed more than ps3 exclusives, and it's a gimmick game just like the wii is a gimmick, people that don't play games (women, old people) go to the store and see a dance game and they buy it

are you denying that halo and gears weren't marketed extremely well?

E

How  do you know Just Dance was marketed better than any PS3 exclusive?   You will make anything up to try to win an argument.   I guess you missed the hundreds of Uncharted 2 commercials?  The whole "it only does everything" campaign.  Just stop.

It's nice how you keep changing the argument anyway - first you touted that the PS3 outsold the 360.  Proven wrong.  Then you said it didn't win the holidays.  Proven wrong.  Then you said it was because of the early launch.  Proven wrong.  Now you're saying it's because of marketing.  What's next?
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
homefront, batman arkham asylum, final fantasy 13, castlevania, marvel vs capcom are some recent ones

most multiplatform games are equal or close enough, the only ones that look or perfrom much better are mostly games from before 2009

E

This is from Digital Foundry, people who specialize on game comparisons:

On Arkham:
What is more apparent is that from a cursory inspection it's clear that the 360 has a marginal advantage in image quality, owing to the usual UE3 inclusion of 2xMSAA where there is none on the PS3.

If you're interested you should read their reviews of Read Dead and Black Ops too. (I'd post, but they're blocked here.)  They're going to tell you the same thing.  PS3 suffers framerate issues due to lack of texture ram.  It's why they have to sacrifice polys in the non-Kratos pieces of God of War, etc...

Seriously - I don't get why you have to make up so much stuff in order to be happy with your PS3.  I love mine, and I understand all the numbers.
Y