Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Sugar Shane IS TODAY (Saturday, May 7th)  (Read 32076 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Sugar Shane IS TODAY (Saturday, May 7th)
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »
Robinson was one of the best boxers ever ,no doubt  but  if  you think  Robinson  is/was technically  better than Mayweather   I have to say you  don't know shit about boxing.  

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:56 AM »
Shane wins by KO 8th-10th rd.  Manny is the most overated boxer in the last 25 yrs.  Can't wait to see him get exposed tonight

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
Robinson was one of the best boxers ever ,no doubt  but  if  you think  Robinson  is/was technically  better than Mayweather   I have to say you  don't know shit about boxing.  

I JUST SAY PUT MAYWEATHER IN THE SAME ENVIROMENT AND ERA ROBINSON FOUGHT AND SEE HOW LONG FLOYD LAST!
WHEN YOU COMPARE TWO MAN YOU HAVE TO PUT THEM IN THE SAME CONDITION !

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
I JUST SAY PUT MAYWEATHER IN THE SAME ENVIROMENT AND ERA ROBINSON FOUGHT AND SEE HOW LONG FLOYD LAST!

this is SR record from the hearns and leonard era

Total fights   35
Wins   28
Wins by KO   18
Losses   6

FMW Jr is more skilled.   wtf, you think?  at 147 he gets past probably everyone but leonard and hearns.  he could possibly cheat at defeat against hearns if he could avoid the right.   duran is a bull and pin-point puncher but not sure he brings anymore than a young  oscar would bring against fmw.  maybe fmw goes 1-2 (correctoin) against those 3.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
whytf did i even bother?  he only had one fight at 149 3/4.  he'd be fucked trying to make weight with a fmw fight.  thanks for your getbig knownledge.  how about comparing him to hagler at 157-160?  they list him as welterweight in resources.  he was in and out the division like manny skipping weights and fighting BS.

like i said, fmw would out point his dehydrated ass, 6-5-1 rounds.

fmw would get ko'ed by hearns and outworked by leonard.  

INSTEAD OF NOT BOTHER GO AND LOOK HOW MANY FIGHT ROBINSON HAD AT 147 AND UNDER WHEN HE WAS PROFESSIONAL.
LOOK AT BOXREC PAGE 3  AND YOU WILL SEE THE HE FOUGHT MANY TIME AT THAT WEIGHT !
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=009625&cat=boxer&pageID=3

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

Robinson is more attributes mixed with technical ability than Mayweather, whose whole style is shaped around technical boxing.

Who gives a shit anyway, a lot of the greats weren't that technical, you go with the style that best suits your attributes.

Robinson was more gifted.
Trans Milkshake.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2011, 11:37:57 AM »
INSTEAD OF NOT BOTHER GO AND LOOK HOW MANY FIGHT ROBINSON HAD AT 147 AND UNDER WHEN HE WAS PROFESSIONAL.
LOOK AT BOXREC PAGE 3  AND YOU WILL SEE THE HE FOUGHT MANY TIME AT THAT WEIGHT !
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=009625&cat=boxer&pageID=3

ok, i didnt look through of the pages.  ::)

didnt think this was life and death.

fmw still out points him 6-5-1

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2011, 11:39:50 AM »

Total fights   35
Wins   28
Wins by KO   18
Losses   6

FMW Jr is more skilled.   wtf, you think?  at 147 he gets past probably everyone but leonard and hearns.  he could possibly cheat at defeat against hearns if he could avoid the right.   duran is a bull and pin-point puncher but not sure he brings anymore than a young  oscar would bring against fmw.  maybe fmw goes 1-2 (correctoin) against those 3.
HOLY SHIT !
I DID KNOW YOU WERE SO FUCKING IGNORANT !
I AM TALKING ABOUT RAY SUGAR ROBINSON G-TONG, NOT RAY SUGAR LEONARD!

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »

Total fights   35
Wins   28
Wins by KO   18
Losses   6

Well Duran beat prime Leonard so this doesn't make a great deal of sense. Oscar and Duran? WTF.

Norton is more skilled than Foreman, it doesn't really equate to much when you add physical attributes.
Trans Milkshake.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
BY THE WAY LEONARD WOULD KICK FLOYD ASS TOO ,LIKE HE DID TO HIS FATHER YEARS AGO!

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
ok, i didnt look through of the pages.  ::)

didnt think this was life and death.

fmw still out points him 6-5-1

So you only know about his career through way of a casual boxrec view G? Ok enough said.
Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2011, 11:49:45 AM »
WHEN YOU COMPARE TWO MAN YOU HAVE TO PUT THEM IN THE SAME CONDITION !

Ali would kill Tyson ,Marciano would destroy klitschko ,Duran would .......................b lah  ,blah , I hate fantasy arguments .

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2011, 11:50:38 AM »
G-THONG LOOK AT LEONARD IN HIS PRIME WHEN HE KO HEARNS AT 147!

DO YOU STILL THINK FLOYD HAS A CHANCE WITH LEONARD TOO NOW?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »
HOLY SHIT !
I DID KNOW YOU WERE SO FUCKING IGNORANT !
I AM TALKING ABOUT RAY SUGAR ROBINSON G-TONG, NOT RAY SUGAR LEONARD!

fmw beats robinsons on pts at 147

fmw loses to leonard on pts at 147

fmw loses to hearn by ko at 147

fmw possible drawn vs duran at 147

robinson or not, this is about fmw vs 147s of other eras since his record isnt legit in his generation since people hate him so much.  technically, he is better than his father who ray leonard dominated but couldn't knock out.  it lends me to believe fmw would be a harder target for leonard so no knockout but a pts win.  that being said, robinson by boxing historians is not a fluid moving and slick fighter as a ray leonard and that is what you need to beat fmw or just nasty one shot power like hearns while he is on the ropes.  since robinson isnt fluid and fought and knocked out a shit load of stiff white boys, he attributes would just get him a split decision lost vs fmw.  as with any puncher, he couldnt land a bingo shot on fmw and you'd be right.

hate doesn't kill fmw's tech ability and you need certain attributes to over whelm them, and robinson lacks in certain areas that leonard and hearns in particular at 147 dont.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
G-THONG LOOK AT LEONARD IN HIS PRIME WHEN HE KO HEARNS AT 147!

DO YOU STILL THINK FLOYD HAS A CHANCE WITH LEONARD TOO NOW?

dumbass, did i say fmw would lose to leonard?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »
Ali would kill Tyson ,Marciano would destroy klitschko ,Duran would .......................b lah  ,blah , I hate fantasy arguments .

those russian brothers are a joke.  sad day for heavyweights when you have to look for a good flyweight fight.

oh, i do think the foreman who beat frazier would destroy tyson.  damn near same styles.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »

Who gives a shit anyway, a lot of the greats weren't that technical, you go with the style that best suits your attributes.

I agree  ,that's why in my first post I said FMW is not the best fighter ever (not even close).

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2011, 11:58:26 AM »
I agree  ,that's why in my first post I said FMW is not the best fighter ever (not even close).

::)

and you're the one with the messi threads.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2011, 11:59:10 AM »
those russian brothers are a joke.  sad day for heavyweights when you have to look for a good flyweight fight.

oh, i do think the foreman who beat frazier would destroy tyson.  damn near same styles.

This guy is going to change that.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=375245.msg5331641#msg5331641

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »

robinson or not, this is about fmw vs 147s of other eras since his record isnt legit in his generation since people hate him so much.  technically, he is better than his father who ray leonard dominated but couldn't knock out.  it lends me to believe fmw would be a harder target for leonard so no knockout but a pts win.  that being said, robinson by boxing historians is not a fluid moving and slick fighter as a ray leonard and that is what you need to beat fmw or just nasty one shot power like hearns while he is on the ropes.  since robinson isnt fluid and fought and knocked out a shit load of stiff white boys, he attributes would just get him a split decision lost vs fmw.  as with any puncher, he couldnt land a bingo shot on fmw and you'd be right.

hate doesn't kill fmw's tech ability and you need certain attributes to over whelm them, and robinson lacks in certain areas that leonard and hearns in particular at 147 dont.

You are hugely ignorant about the era and the fighters. Leonard was getting bounced around by Norris, had aready retired then promptly retired again at the same stage in his career that Robinson was beating great middleweights. I showed you his knockout record at welter in the am's, he was just as gifted physically as Tommy and was better overall than Leonard.
Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2011, 12:00:08 PM »

and you're the one with the messi threads.

???

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »

You are hugely ignorant about the era and the fighters. Leonard was getting bounced around by Norris, had aready retired then promptly retired again at the same stage in his career that Robinson was beating great middleweights. I showed you his knockout record at welter in the am's, he was just as gifted physically as Tommy and was better overall than Leonard.

you must be kidding.

why dont you just post leonard vs camacho?  ::)

you must be kidding.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »

you must be kidding.

why dont you just post leonard vs camacho?  ::)

you must be kidding.

Comparative stages in their careers or did you miss that bit?

Trans Milkshake.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »

Comparative stages in their careers or did you miss that bit?

post eye surg and multiple retirements. sure. 

how about stick to the championship yrs?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »

robinson or not, this is about fmw vs 147s of other eras since his record isnt legit in his generation since people hate him so much.  technically, he is better than his father who ray leonard dominated but couldn't knock out.  it lends me to believe fmw would be a harder target for leonard so no knockout but a pts win.  that being said, robinson by boxing historians is not a fluid moving and slick fighter as a ray leonard and that is what you need to beat fmw or just nasty one shot power like hearns while he is on the ropes.  since robinson isnt fluid and fought and knocked out a shit load of stiff white boys, he attributes would just get him a split decision lost vs fmw.  as with any puncher, he couldnt land a bingo shot on fmw and you'd be right.

floyd mayweather on the same level as robinson you sure man?
i dont even have him top 15
choice is an illusion