Author Topic: Back from WasteOfTimeMania Report  (Read 7289 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Back from WasteOfTimeMania Report
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 07:31:05 AM »
I disagree. Part of the reason that WrestleManias don't live up to the hype is that the main-event doesn't have enough beef behind it.

Some of the best 'Mania main events have deep roots and story lines.

WrestleMania 19: Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar had MONTHS of buildup, especially with their amateur wrestling backgrounds.

WrestleMania 5: The Mega-Powers EXPLODE. That main-event was all but set up after Savage won the title the previous year.

WrestleMania 25: 'Taker vs. Michaels...enough said.

WrestleMania 24: Edge vs. 'Taker. Had nearly a year buildup, based on Edge cashing in the MITB briefcase on a beat-up and bloodied Deadman.

It appears that WWE is starting to remember that the main event DOES NOT have to be a World title match (which makes the whole Royal Rumble storyline almost moot).

We waited a year for Savage-Hogan; we can wait a year for Cena-Rock.

Technically, Savage and Hogan broke up officially when Savage turned heel in feb of 1989 on sat nghts main event. It wasn't a year at all.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »
You live in/near Miami; yet you went to WrestleMania 27 in Georgia but MISSED WrestleMania 24 in Orlando three years ago a(which is 3-4 hours away)?

Yeah.  I live in Ft Lauderdale.  I only went to Wrestlemania this year because my sister's kids want to go and she had to work that weekend and was able to get us good seats with her police discount.  Went up Thursday and spent the other time with my mom and family.

Couldn't go years ago to Orlando because I was out on my hobby job doing photography on a cruise through Australia. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 04:53:05 AM »
Yeah.  I live in Ft Lauderdale.  I only went to Wrestlemania this year because my sister's kids want to go and she had to work that weekend and was able to get us good seats with her police discount.  Went up Thursday and spent the other time with my mom and family.

Couldn't go years ago to Orlando because I was out on my hobby job doing photography on a cruise through Australia. 
Ft.Lauderdale, huh? Very nice....you must see all kinds during spring break. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »
Ft.Lauderdale, huh? Very nice....you must see all kinds during spring break. 

Actually, all year long. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »
Technically, Savage and Hogan broke up officially when Savage turned heel in feb of 1989 on sat nghts main event. It wasn't a year at all.

But, the seeds of that were planted when (or shortly after) Savage won the title at WrestleMania 4.

Long buildups can work to make the matches at WrestleMania big draws; of course, it's even better when the matches live up to the hype (as most of the aforementioned matches did).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
But, the seeds of that were planted when (or shortly after) Savage won the title at WrestleMania 4.

Long buildups can work to make the matches at WrestleMania big draws; of course, it's even better when the matches live up to the hype (as most of the aforementioned matches did).
Not really. The"jealousy" the Savage started to feel started on SNME when Hogan wrestled Akeem and Bossman interfered when Liz ran to Hogan's aid and Randy walked about 20 paces behind them back to the locker room.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
Not really. The"jealousy" the Savage started to feel started on SNME when Hogan wrestled Akeem and Bossman interfered when Liz ran to Hogan's aid and Randy walked about 20 paces behind them back to the locker room.

I thought it started around SummerSlam 88, when Hogan was hugging Liz after the big win.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 04:41:45 AM »
I thought it started around SummerSlam 88, when Hogan was hugging Liz after the big win.
They seemed to be getting along after that match. I remember seeing Savage look at Hogan like "Why are you hugging and kissing my manager" type thing but nothing came of it. Same with Survivor Series in November which seemed like Hogan went into his own world with Liz while Savage was hurt on the apron. I guess you can say they were sort of planting the seed.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 08:25:46 AM »
They seemed to be getting along after that match. I remember seeing Savage look at Hogan like "Why are you hugging and kissing my manager" type thing but nothing came of it. Same with Survivor Series in November which seemed like Hogan went into his own world with Liz while Savage was hurt on the apron. I guess you can say they were sort of planting the seed.

That stoked the fire, especially (later during the storyline) when Randy played the edited footage from SummerSlam, when Hogan put his hands on Liz's booty as he helped put her on Savage's shoulder.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
That stoked the fire, especially (later during the storyline) when Randy played the edited footage from SummerSlam, when Hogan put his hands on Liz's booty as he helped put her on Savage's shoulder.

I thought it was a smart move by VInce. Savage was always a better heel.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
I thought it was a smart move by VInce. Savage was always a better heel.

Remember when Liz did the whole dress thing at SummerSlam. Back then, that was considered SCANDALOUS.

Ten years later, Sable prances around on RAW, in an bikini (what little of it there was), that made Elizabeth's outfit look like a burka.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »
Remember when Liz did the whole dress thing at SummerSlam. Back then, that was considered SCANDALOUS.

Ten years later, Sable prances around on RAW, in an bikini (what little of it there was), that made Elizabeth's outfit look like a burka.
Oh Christ, I was only 13 when that happened in 1988 and I thought that was crazy  :)

When Sable stripped (along with the other hot diva's at that time 2001-2005) they all looked good.

Now the diva's are all covered up because Stephanie wants them to be. Funny shit.