Author Topic: Romney steps toward White House bid!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14597 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Romney steps toward White House bid!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2011, 07:58:21 AM »
 ;)

!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2011, 08:01:46 AM »
A hinduist president would be great.  ;D

Actually that is EXACTLY what we need right now.

Too bad the Hindus don't have too much power in US politics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »
hahahha!!!

Still, he will honor the wishes of the bulk of the repub congress, and deliver something along the lines of traditional republican governing.  Won't be tea party, but won't be lib spending either.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
Look folks everyone here on GET BIG is going to get older and need good, affordable health care when they get older.
I am 52 now and looked at this issue  very differently when I was single in my 20's.

While I don't agree with everything in the democratic party, they are a much better fit for my needs and ideals .
As a middle class working man, I don't think that repubican plan(s) is going to protect my teacher pension or keep my medicare in place when I retire in a few years.

Once again, I am not some political idealist and just vote for what I think is in the best interest of the working middle class.
I will leave the political theory and debate on social issue to others.
Politics isn't some game where you cheer for your red team to beat the blue team or vice versa.
Unless I want to move to another country, I hope EVERY leader in both parties is competent and does a great job.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »
Look folks everyone here on GET BIG is going to get older and need good, affordable health care when they get older.
I am 52 now and looked at this issue  very differently when I was single in my 20's.

While I don't agree with everything in the democratic party, they are a much better fit for my needs and ideals .
As a middle class working man, I don't think that repubican plan(s) is going to protect my teacher pension or keep my medicare in place when I retire in a few years.

Once again, I am not some political idealist and just vote for what I think is in the best interest of the working middle class.
Politics isn't some game where you cheer for your red team to beat the blue team or vice versa.
Unless I want to move to another country, I hope EVERY leader in both parties is competent and does a great job.

I like your style and I see your point. But really, neither party has shown it stands with the middle class.

Those pensions/health care you will rely on? Well, the politicians (that were bought with Union dues) that were supposed to be looking out for the taxpayers ended up giving organized labor one fucking sweet ass deal. And guess what, those same politicians that were bought by union dues and union influence have spend a shit load of the pension funds. They also "negotiated" deals that weren't sustainable so they could curry organized labors favor and stay in power.

Funny how that works.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »

hard to argue that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »

GMAFB - your pension is nothing but a madoff scheme financed by the rest of the idiots paying taxes.   Go vote for obama you fool.  When the system collapses like Madoffs' did dont look to the rest of us to pick up the pieces, you will find mostly  unsympathetic people laughing at you for buying into the promises of a ponzi scheme like govt pensions are.        

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2011, 09:12:35 AM »
hard to argue that

The Democratic "plan" isn't and didn't protect the pensions either.....THEY SPENT ALL THE MONEY.

In Illinois, which has been Blue forever has a pension system for state, local, police etc that his about 50% funded....where did the other half go? The idiots that were put in power with organized labors help (to a large degree, esp. Cook county and Chicago) spent all of it!

DUH.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »

The republican plan is to completely DESTROY your teacher pension plan, and give you a $15K "coupon" for you to use in replace of Medicare. Once that $15k is spent (likely in ONE YEAR of assisted living, or in the first six months of a major health issue), you're on your own. If you don't have the savings, tough shit. Eat cat food and move into a cardboard box under your local bridge.
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »
Public pensions  = bernie madoff.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »

GMAFB - your pension is nothing but a madoff scheme financed by the rest of the idiots paying taxes.   Go vote for obama you fool.  When the system collapses like Madoffs' did dont look to the rest of us to pick up the pieces, you will find mostly  unsympathetic people laughing at you for buying into the promises of a ponzi scheme like govt pensions are.        
Really? I am no expert but I tend to keep up with the markets and world events. Back in the spring of 2007, I moved my 403B TIAA Cref fund completely into the T-Bonds ( and out of stocks). I kept making 5-6% on my money and my supplemental reriement fund is doing fine.

Imagine what would have happened to the SSN fund for seniors if they had privatized it after the crash of 2008?

My father retired with a combined Navy and cicvil service pension and was fine  until he died.
his dad ( my grandad) also had a similar civil service pension from working 40 yrs on a naval shipyard.
Pensions and unions have built the most security for the working man in the USA!
Many sate bugdets were hurt by investing with the now infamous mortgage backed credit default swaps and the big banks, that went belly up.
It was the private sector schmucks from the investment banks that came hat in hand to the US Gov Treasury to bail them out!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
Really? I am no expert but I tend to keep up with the markets and world events. Back in the spring of 2007, I moved my 403B TIAA Cref fund completely into the T-Bonds ( and out of stocks). I kept making 5-6% on my money and my supplemental reriement fund is doing fine.

Imagine what would have happened to the SSN fund for seniors if they had privatized it after the crash of 2008?

My father retired with a combined Navy and cicvil service pension and was fine  until he died.
his dad ( my grandad) also had a similar civil service pension from working 40 yrs on a naval shipyard.
Pensions and unions have built the most security for the working man in the USA!
Many sate bugdets were hurt by investing with the now infamous mortgage backed credit default swaps and the big banks, that went belly up.
It was the private sector schmucks from the investment banks that came hat in hand to the US Gov Treasury to bail them out!
Just cash out and go to the cave Howard = problem solved.

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
romney is awesome capitalist I dont know why not rpesident already

I will vote for
1 the donald
2 mitt
3 ron paul
4 bachman
5 newt

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2011, 01:07:59 PM »
Just cash out and go to the cave Howard = problem solved.
THat is the new house republican  budget plan for most middle class stiffs like me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »
THat is the new house republican  budget plan for most middle class stiffs like me.

www.usdebtclock.org

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
You still in the cave Howard?