Author Topic: Bin Laden dead.  (Read 38798 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: Obamam Tells Nation Bin Laden Is DEAD
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »
This all reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. As teh house fell upon the wicked witch of the east, an even wickeder witch arose from the west to take her place. Hmmm...Lets all see how long it takes for that "WICKEDER WITCH TO ARISE" to take Osamas place... and what will that mean for america(ns)? Oh and BTW how much more will the TSA searches become after the new "witch" surfaces?

US warns of anti-American violence after bin Laden

MATTHEW LEE, Associated Press Matthew Lee, Associated Press – 1 hr 16 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The State Department early Monday put U.S. embassies on alert and warned of the heightened possibility for anti-American violence after the killing of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden by American forces in Pakistan.

In a worldwide travel alert released shortly after President Barack Obama late Sunday announced bin Laden's death in a U.S. military operation, the department said there was an "enhanced potential for anti-American violence given recent counterterrorism activity in Pakistan."

"Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where recent events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations," it said.

The alert said U.S. embassy operations would continue "to the extent possible under the constraints of any evolving security situation." It noted that embassies and consulates may temporarily close or suspend public services, depending on conditions.
C

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Bin Laden dead.
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »
Good shit!

240, MB come sum this up for us! 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: Obamam Tells Nation Bin Laden Is DEAD
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »
Yeah the political implication is OBAMA WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN 2012

Osama Bin Laden death: Political implications

Chris Cillizza Chris Cillizza – 41 mins ago

Los Angeles – The news that Osama bin Laden has been killed in a CIA operation will have a massive — although yet-to-be-fully determined — impact on the political landscape of the country.

The simple fact is that there is and will continue to be a huge desire for the details of how, when and where he was killed as well as analysis of what it means for American foreign policy. Media coverage for days — if not weeks — will be dominated by the news.

That landslide of coverage/attention will force anyone operating in the political space to respond to it. So, while this news is not political, it will cause major reverberations in the political world.

What we know in terms of the impact of bin Laden’s death is far less than what we don’t know. And, it’s easy in the moment to draw overbroad conclusions about the political meaning of these sorts of major events. (Remember that many people — and political strategists — insisted that then President George H.W. Bush was unbeatable in the 1992 election following the successful Gulf War.)

But below are a few likely near-term outcomes.

A partisan putting-aside: Bin Laden’s death will almost certainly serve as a symbolic bookend to the decade-long struggle against terrorism that began with the attacks against New York City, Washington and Shanksville, Pennsylvania on Sept. 11, 2001.

In the wake of that terrorist attack, there was an extended period of bipartisanship — or, perhaps more accurately, non-partisanship — in the political world.

The early reaction to bin Laden’s death suggests a similar putting aside of partisanship as a rallying effect takes hold in the country. And, Obama encouraged that sentiment in his remarks tonight; “Let us think back to the sense of unity that prevailed on 9/11,” said the president.

Whether — and how long — that spirit lasts is unknowable.

* Obama as leader: While the work of tracking down and catching bin Laden was a decades-long process that involved three presidents — not to mention thousands of people — it was President Obama who made the order today that put the operation in place that killed bin Laden. It was President Obama who announced bin Laden’s death. It was President Obama who, in his remarks tonight, used the killing of bin Laden as evidence that America can accomplish anything to which it sets its mind.

All of the above — not to mention the surge of patriotism in the wake of bin Laden’s death — will strengthen the image of Obama as a leader. It will also complicate attempts by Republican presidential candidates — at least in the near term — to attack Obama on any topic.

Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty’s statement on the news is indicative of what’s to come; “I want to congratulate America’s armed forces and President Obama for a job well done,” Pawlenty said.

* It’s (still) the economy: Yes, this is giant news. Yes, this will be a defining moment of the Obama presidency. No, it will not likely fundamentally alter the over-arching issue of the 2012 election, which is, and is nearly-certain to remain, the economy.

In the coming weeks, the economy will take a backseat to the unspooling of the details of bin Laden’s death. But, the story will — at some point — lose steam and begin to move from the top of peoples’ minds. (To be clear: it’s not likely to disappear entirely given the magnitude of what the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 meant to the country.)

When that happens, gas prices, the unemployment rate and the general direction of the economy will reassert themselves as major issues heading into next November.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/washpost/20110502/pl_washpost/osamabinladendeathpoliticalimplications;_ylt=AoeqbjhzuXFq_FoObDUZMtNH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTNnb2pvamt2BGFzc2V0A3dhc2hwb3N0LzIwMTEwNTAyL29zYW1hYmlubGFkZW5kZWF0aHBvbGl0aWNhbGltcGxpY2F0aW9ucwRjcG9zAzcEcG9zAzcEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNvc2FtYWJpbmxhZGU-
C

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »
Let's not forget The Cole attack either that bin laden conducted as well.
And the attack on the American embassy in Kenia and Tanzania

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2011, 01:02:49 AM »
240 is going to be spraying pro-Obama cum all over his monitor when he sees this.

SPLOOOOOOOOOSH!

Okay, any predictions on Gallup numbers over the next 3 weeks for Obama?

Coicidental timing that he knew OBL was in a pine box 7 days ago - BUT - he released the birth cert FIRST.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2011, 02:16:06 AM »
I hate Obama almost as much as Osama but not quite.

This is big for Obama ( the only good thing that has happened on his watch in 2.5 years) but if the economy is in the tank, it won't mean much overall.

This is a victory for America. I don't care about who the President is for the time being.

For today at least, I am very proud of our Communist and Chief and my country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2011, 03:22:29 AM »
Burial at sea according to islamic law?   

Wtf? 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2011, 03:29:52 AM »
"WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the face of global terrorism and architect of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, was killed in a firefight with elite American forces Monday, then quickly buried at sea in a stunning finale to a furtive decade on the run."

"The U.S. official who disclosed the burial at sea said it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. Obama said the remains had been handled in accordance with Islamic custom, which requires speedy burial."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden

I call BS on this one!

Were these "elite" American forces Muslims?  When Bush had Saddam's sons killed, their bodies were displayed for days as proof.  What proof is there now that Bin Laden dead?  Oh, the government said so.  Therefore it must be true.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:21 AM »

Wtf? 
They probably just dropped him from a few thousand feet into the ocean.  ;D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2011, 03:32:58 AM »

Wtf? 

Probably the closest thing he ever had to a shower.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2011, 03:40:37 AM »
"WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the face of global terrorism and architect of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, was killed in a firefight with elite American forces Monday, then quickly buried at sea in a stunning finale to a furtive decade on the run."

"The U.S. official who disclosed the burial at sea said it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. Obama said the remains had been handled in accordance with Islamic custom, which requires speedy burial."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden

I call BS on this one!

Were these "elite" American forces Muslims?  When Bush had Saddam's sons killed, their bodies were displayed for days as proof.  What proof is there now that Bin Laden dead?  Oh, the government said so.  Therefore it must be true.

He's likely been dead for several years now.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2011, 03:41:57 AM »
He's likely been dead for several years now.
::)

Conspiracy theorist.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2011, 03:44:29 AM »
::)

Conspiracy theorist.

No, just because we hadn't heard anything for a long time and our government long ago dropped using his name to justify our occupation of Afghanistan. Simple logic.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2011, 03:46:00 AM »
No, just because we hadn't heard anything for a long time and our government long ago dropped using his name to justify our occupation of Afghanistan. Simple logic.
Bin Laden released a video this year in January calling for France to leave Afghanistan or else.  ::)

Don`t be a moron.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2011, 03:48:26 AM »
Bin Laden released a video this year in January calling for France to leave Afghanistan or else.  ::)

Don`t be a moron.

Link please.
I hate the State.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2011, 03:52:12 AM »
Well, if we had the body for years, why not stage the kill in Afghanistan?

Simple logic.
G

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2011, 03:53:14 AM »

Simple logic.

Because getbig.com is racist. That's why.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2011, 03:54:28 AM »

Simple logic.

I am not a conspiracist but it is curious why Benizir made that comment in the interview, is it not?
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2011, 03:55:11 AM »
Link please.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/21/us-hostages-binladen-idUSTRE70K2G220110121

By Erika Solomon
DUBAI | Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:34am EST
(Reuters) - Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden said in an audio recording that the release of French hostages held in guy depends on France's soldiers leaving Muslim lands, al Jazeera television reported on Friday.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2011, 03:56:54 AM »
Because getbig.com is racist. That's why.
Obama killed Bin Laden, after Bush failed.

That's true today and will be true for the rest of your life.

I know that sucks for you, buddy.
G

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:53 AM »

Shitty troll gimmick attempting to politicize this.

Protip: This is the culmination of something that started over 4 years ago.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2011, 04:00:31 AM »
Shitty troll gimmick attempting to politicize this.

Protip: This is the culmination of something that started over 4 years ago.
I don't care what anybody says, you are smart.
G

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2011, 04:00:51 AM »

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01:57 AM »
I don't care what anybody says, you are smart.

I would make fun of you, but the challenge is gone.

Keep fighting the good fight!

The war on racism and rude behavior is more important than terrorism.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2011, 04:04:22 AM »

LMAOOOOOO--- Obama personally walked into the American taxpayer funded mansion Osama was staying at, and shot Osama. Bush tried to do the same thing repeatedly, but failed. I see.

Did an ied or roadside bomb force you to land on your head, or were you always this stupid?