Author Topic: Bronkaid- no more? (June 3 good news)  (Read 28859 times)

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
Re: Bronkaid- no more?
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
Isnt there like lots of internet sources of Eph?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
some of us liked bronkaid ALOT and rather see if we can find the legit stuff before having to go the UG route

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »
Primatene tabs have ephedrine, just bought some from CVS.
Works fine.

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »
Primatene tabs have ephedrine, just bought some from CVS.
Works fine.

Primatene or the cvs brand which also has eph.  Thing that sux though is that it's almost the same price as bronkaid, however each pill is half the dose and there's only 24 caps instead of the 60 in bronkaid, shitty.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
Primatene or the cvs brand which also has eph.  Thing that sux though is that it's almost the same price as bronkaid, however each pill is half the dose and there's only 24 caps instead of the 60 in bronkaid, shitty.
You can get teh CVS brand in 60 tabs, Primatene also I think.
CVS brand I got last time with 60 tabs, worked great.
Primatene for some reason I feel works faster, dont know if the tabs disolve differently or its just my metabolism is working faster now - dont know.
They break in half easier than the generics also.

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
You can get teh CVS brand in 60 tabs, Primatene also I think.
CVS brand I got last time with 60 tabs, worked great.
Primatene for some reason I feel works faster, dont know if the tabs disolve differently or its just my metabolism is working faster now - dont know.
They break in half easier than the generics also.

you can get them in 60?  do you have to have the pharmacy tech custom load them?  I only see the 24 pill packs on display.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
you can get them in 60?  do you have to have the pharmacy tech custom load them?  I only see the 24 pill packs on display.
Nah, I got 2 60 tab packs last time I went in there, just asked for their asthma medication, 2 of the big boxes, and thats what I got.
May have to do with where you live, and the ephedrine laws in your state.
Im living in Texas right now.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
well this is pretty fucking shitty news. I need to try to find a box or two because it might come in handy in the coming month. It's good for dropping water weight

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 01:55:43 PM »
Primatene works just as good but they have those little pills that are a little tougher to swallow. I'd prefer Bronkaid in that one pill dose though.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »
bronkaid had 25mg of ephedra per pill

last time i checked Primatene had about half of that, everyone else here take 2 pills of Primatene per serving

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »
bronkaid had 25mg of ephedra per pill

last time i checked Primatene had about half of that, everyone else here take 2 pills of Primatene per serving
Yep, 2 pills.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »
bronkaid is not being discontinued.  If anything, CVS might not be carrying it anymore, but Walgreens has it still.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 02:16:06 PM »
My husband uses this for Asthma and orders it through Amazon.

Last I checked (just a few seconds ago), they still were selling the product and had many in stock.

"1"

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 02:17:59 PM »
Bronkaid and Primatene are still made. Now is just a rough time as far as restocking goes. Both are available in 60 or 24 count boxes, you might need the store to order you the 60, because most folks skip it based on cost.

Primatene is 12.5 mg E Hcl.

The talk of Bronkaid, etc.... being discontinued comes from the fact that Primatene and Bronkaid have stopped sales of their OTC inhalers to be in good standing with new govenment regulations.

Some folks mistakenly thought all of their products were now gone.

The tablets are safe.

:).

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »
***Over-the-counter inhaler medications such as Epinephrine (Primatene Mist, AsthmaNefrin) and
Ephedrine/gauifensin (Bronkaid caps, Primatene tabs) will no longer be manufactured or available to
be purchased after December 31, 2011 due to the CFC phase-out.

Health Care Providers should discuss switching medications and other options with their patients several
months prior to a particular drug’s discontinue/end distribution date as the drug may not be available.

The decision to phase out the products is the latest in a series of decisions related to the removal of CFC
inhaler products from the market as required by the Clean Air Act. The agency proposed to phase-out
the seven remaining products in 2007 and reached a final decision after reviewing more than 4,000
public comments and information submitted as part of public meeting

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:otJE0zfPYeEJ:www.wvasthma.org/Portals/4/Is%2520your%2520Asthma%2520or%2520COPD%2520medication%2520being%2520discontinued.pdf+Bronkaid+discontinued&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgZHF63KQ17VUqIbvviJAMdDcwG0MnMe-G1_qsf4EM0dWC2ihpDL46ymklEaTp0DqazrJ4_ThfMMbtuJizLUOMXE8E-wpJxWPg3x9Tn6LTmLHePZt167hQNAA2n67XrTsFldSeY&sig=AHIEtbRnksj6RcN5TMSoa_W6Vd-72Ch6nQ

:-\

not sure if it's an accurate source though

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »
It's not, they've only discontinued the Primatene MIST and Bronkaid MIST inhaler lines because of the CFC's found in the propellents.

It's being mis-reported as all products.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
It's not, they've only discontinued the Primatene MIST and Bronkaid MIST inhaler lines because of the CFC's found in the propellents.

It's being mis-reported as all products.

read

"Ephedrine/gauifensin (Bronkaid caps, Primatene tabs)"

are you saying it's bullshit ?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »
***Over-the-counter inhaler medications such as Epinephrine (Primatene Mist, AsthmaNefrin) and
Ephedrine/gauifensin (Bronkaid caps, Primatene tabs) will no longer be manufactured or available to
be purchased after December 31, 2011 due to the CFC phase-out.

Health Care Providers should discuss switching medications and other options with their patients several
months prior to a particular drug’s discontinue/end distribution date as the drug may not be available.

The decision to phase out the products is the latest in a series of decisions related to the removal of CFC
inhaler products from the market as required by the Clean Air Act. The agency proposed to phase-out
the seven remaining products in 2007 and reached a final decision after reviewing more than 4,000
public comments and information submitted as part of public meeting

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:otJE0zfPYeEJ:www.wvasthma.org/Portals/4/Is%2520your%2520Asthma%2520or%2520COPD%2520medication%2520being%2520discontinued.pdf+Bronkaid+discontinued&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgZHF63KQ17VUqIbvviJAMdDcwG0MnMe-G1_qsf4EM0dWC2ihpDL46ymklEaTp0DqazrJ4_ThfMMbtuJizLUOMXE8E-wpJxWPg3x9Tn6LTmLHePZt167hQNAA2n67XrTsFldSeY&sig=AHIEtbRnksj6RcN5TMSoa_W6Vd-72Ch6nQ

:-\

not sure if it's an accurate source though
WTF, theyre phasing out ASTHMA meds because of the CLEAN AIR ACT!?
Like, theyd rather have people suffer through asthmatic attacks than have inhalers "damaging" their air?
Am I the only one having a knee jerk freak out at what this sounds like?
I mean, cant have CFC's in the air, fuck the people whos airways are closing up, those CFC's released by those tiny inhalers is fucking deadly!
DEADLY!!!!

LOLZ.
Anyone else starting to get upset with our governments complete overreaction to this whole "green" issue?
I mean yeah, Im sure we probably need to worry about what we dump into the air, but CFC's from inhalers?
The government needs to get some perspective, every effin time they tackle an issue they have to go way overboard to full retard rather than just trying to come up with a reasonable solution.
Fuck politicians.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »
i'll say this.....the government has done a shitty job phasing out heroin

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »
i'll say this.....the government has done a shitty job phasing out heroin
x10.
All that money on the war on drugs, and when I was still a user, it was easier to get Heroin and Meth than fucking ephedrine tabs for ASTHMA.
I mean, Meth is easier to aquire than the fucking asthma meds its based off.
NEWSFLASH government - what youre doing ISNT working.
But you know that dont you, its just a way to make fucktons of illegal money, isnt it?
Though so.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 03:00:20 PM »
read

"Ephedrine/gauifensin (Bronkaid caps, Primatene tabs)"

are you saying it's bullshit ?

Yes, I spoke to a pharmacist and looked through both manuf. websites and press releases. It's a bit of truth and lazly reported bullshit. They're only pulling the inhalers.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
Anyone else starting to get upset with our governments complete overreaction to this whole "green" issue?

Al Gore invented two things:  the internet and "global warming"...err "climate change"   ::)

~

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »
Guys, guys, guys...

Primatene is more expensive because it contains Ephedrine HCL(Hydrochloride), which DOES hit you faster and harder.  The price is justified.  8)

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
WTF, theyre phasing out ASTHMA meds because of the CLEAN AIR ACT!?
Like, theyd rather have people suffer through asthmatic attacks than have inhalers "damaging" their air?
Am I the only one having a knee jerk freak out at what this sounds like?
I mean, cant have CFC's in the air, fuck the people whos airways are closing up, those CFC's released by those tiny inhalers is fucking deadly!
DEADLY!!!!

LOLZ.
I mean yeah, Im sure we probably need to worry about what we dump into the air, but CFC's from inhalers?
The government needs to get some perspective, every effin time they tackle an issue they have to go way overboard to full retard rather than just trying to come up with a reasonable solution.
Fuck politicians.

Well, theres other options like Amynophilline, so Im not sure if they fucked up, though its a very dubious reason to...