Author Topic: Arnold is overrated as a bodybuilder  (Read 33668 times)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Arnold is overrated as a bodybuilder
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 02:21:43 AM »
I beg to differ (that means I think you are wrong).  The majority of DOD teachers are very good as they enjoy not only excellent benefits but also that rarest of honors for teachers and coaches, respect.  If you are indeed a teacher of "English", then might I suggest you put yourself in as the lead for a new "reality show".

Given your clientele, I proffer the follow working title - "The Moron Whisperer".  You're a good kid and I like some of your work here, but do not go there.  ;D You are in way over your IQ and I really don't want to make you sit up all night looking up words, terms, phrases, et al that are not to be found on Urbane Dictionary.  Get some rest.   ;D

You are an idiot who tries too hard to speak with a large vocabulary.

You remind me of the fruitcake students you find in the English department at most universities. Writing CRAP, but using large obscure words, so they think it's just great. But it's really just a disorderly bunch of bullshit.

Good writing should be concise, simple, read easily and quickly. It's all about conveying ideas in the best and most functional way. Using fruity, flowery language is for wanna-be writers. Writing in words that the reader does not know is never a good thing to do. Anyone can do it. It's not impressive.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 02:24:16 AM »
LOL  @ "The Moron Whisperer"   ;D .

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 02:33:22 AM »

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 02:34:56 AM »
LOL  @ "The Moron Whisperer"   ;D .

My favorite thing to do is whisper into your Mom's ear about how great her pussy tastes.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 02:37:20 AM »
You are an idiot who tries too hard to speak with a large vocabulary.

You remind me of the fruitcake students you find in the English department at most universities. Writing CRAP, but using large obscure words, so they think it's just great. But it's really just a disorderly bunch of bullshit.

Good writing should be concise, simple, read easily and quickly. It's all about conveying ideas in the best and most functional way. Using fruity, flowery language is for wanna-be writers. Writing in words that the reader does not know is never a good thing to do. Anyone can do it. It's not impressive.

I see you're from the K.I.S.S. school of "thought".  Keep It Simple Stupid.  Yeah... that about sums it up for you.  Of those I know in person via my work and friendships, my vocabulary is the norm.  The gift of articulate speech as well as the ability to convey it through writing (not typing, as you do) is available to anyone with the desire to learn to better express themselves.

Of course you've mastered the "art" of linguistic diarrhea.  My how your thoughts do run down the virtual page...  Later,  kiddo.  ;)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 02:42:53 AM »
I see you're from the K.I.S.S. school of "thought".  Keep It Simple Stupid.  Yeah... that about sums it up for you.  Of those I know in person via my work and friendships, my vocabulary is the norm.  The gift of articulate speech as well as the ability to convey it through writing (not typing, as you do) is available to anyone with the desire to learn to better express themselves.

Of course you've mastered the "art" of linguistic diarrhea.  My how your thoughts do run down the virtual page...  Later,  kiddo.  ;)

I havn't seen you write anything impressive yet. Just a lot of verbal masturbation.

You sound like a little pompous prick. Short man's syndrome, and you think you're a great writer, that's a terrible combination.

I have made my living with English for years. What about you? Little queer.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 02:49:59 AM »
I havn't seen you write anything impressive yet. Just a lot of verbal masturbation.

You sound like a little pompous prick. Short man's syndrome, and you think you're a great writer, that's a terrible combination.

I have made my living with English for years. What about you? Little queer.

Oh, please.  The problem with illiterates and other societal misfits such as yourself is this.  You demand equality, but only with those that are better than you.

Get used to disappointment, kiddo.   ;)

By the way, I make this look easy.  In fact, the only thing easier is your mother.  But I suspect you already know that.  FTN. ;D

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 02:57:16 AM »
Oh, please.  The problem with illiterates and other societal misfits such as yourself is this.  You demand equality, but only with those that are better than you.

Get used to disappointment, kiddo.   ;)

By the way, I make this look easy.  In fact, the only thing easier is your mother.  But I suspect you already know that.  FTN. ;D

I don't demand equality. What the fuck are you talking about little bitch?

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 03:30:49 AM »
Gimme` a break..........Arnold was the shit back in the 70`s.

strongly agree.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 04:03:23 AM »

His Paragraph was superior to yours.  The words fit together and flowed better, no rhythm to your stuff

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 07:11:44 AM »
Agree, and compared to guys from his era he was "good" but still overrated. For example, Robbie Robinson and Serge Nubret were way better than him.
Arnold had more self-confidence and charisma, and was a good friend of Joe. Those factors played a -important- role in his success.

;D Good joke.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 07:19:39 AM »
;D Good joke.

Epic mind owning reported

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:10 PM »
I dont think he is overrated ...he had an unusual build ...

Look at this picture hes about 235-240 pounds,relaxed, his muscles were extremelly long and round ....look for another bodybuilder with similar muscle shape? at any bodyweight.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »
You`re right and compared to Arnold,Steve Reeves was nothing.

Go back to bed dude!!

Nah, Steve had a far better structure.

Arnie when off in the 80's looked like nothing in comparison.
Trans Milkshake.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 03:15:09 PM »

Nah, Steve had a far better structure.

Arnie when off in the 80's looked like nothing in comparison.

True

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »
Yes I am back to 100% I still havn't started lifting weights again though. I just have no desire to do it.

After that near death experience my mindset changed a lot. One thing I realized is that I don't really give a shit about my muscles anymore. I'd rather just be healthy and feel great. So i'm getting back into bicycing and yoga and dropping the weight lifting for now. Weight lifting just gets boring as shit after a while when you're a natural. It's better to fuck, bicycle and hike.
That's great news. Now you can leave the bodybuilding forum.

Here you go:
http://www.yogaforums.com/

I'm sure they will love you over there ::)

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »
He was a good bodybuilder. But there have been dozens of guys who are better than him in the past few decades.

For his time, Arnold was good. But in the big picture he is not that great. He's got weak points and his conditioning wasn't that great.

Overrated. If he had a shit personality like most bodybuilders then he wouldn't be considered nearly as great.

your mom is overrated

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
So i'm getting back into bicycing and yoga and dropping the weight lifting for now. Weight lifting just gets boring as shit after a while when you're a natural.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »
Dumbest thread ever
L

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
arnold has done more for the profile of bodybuilding than every competitive bodybuilder in the history of the 'sport' combined. x 1000

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 04:59:08 PM »
He was a good bodybuilder. But there have been dozens of guys who are better than him in the past few decades.

For his time, Arnold was good. But in the big picture he is not that great. He's got weak points and his conditioning wasn't that great.

Overrated. If he had a shit personality like most bodybuilders then he wouldn't be considered nearly as great.
You get dumber everyday.  We all get dumber for reading your dumb shit everyday
I

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
as star wars is overrated as a movie

as reagan is overrated as a president

as blonde gymnasts are overrated for sex

as capitalism is overrated as an economic system

as lifting weights is overrated for fitness

as ac dc is overrated as a rock band

as donald trump is over rated as a real estate developer

as bill gates is over rated as a business man

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 05:26:15 PM »

name one
hint: flex, haney, dorian weren't

hin: arnold said if u watched the movie he didn't get over ripped because it made your face haggard and destroyed look of muscles

hint: symmetry unbeatable

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 05:52:59 PM »
"cloudy with a chance of meatballs."

what is Larry King's urine sample?

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 06:24:07 PM »
Arnold's "greatness" has been overstated due, in part, to his charisma.

His role in Pumping Iron, then starring in action movies, coupled with successfully winning the California governorship twice added to his "legend."

His current troubles will undoubtedly bring his historical record a little closer to the truth.