Author Topic: Amy Winehouse RIP - Tribute  (Read 32241 times)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: Amy Winehouse is DEAD.
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2011, 04:00:15 AM »

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2011, 04:01:50 AM »
The difference is that her drug abuse isn't affecting anyone else, only herself. Your comparison to terrorism is laughable and completely irrelevant.
If you think she's a disgrace that's fine, anyone has a free choice whether they want to be a fan or not, amy isn't forcing anyone to look at her or listen to her music. Live and let live.

Her whole career was creating ideas and an image. You're not saying that images on TV don't affect other people? The comparison to terrorism is valid. You aren't exempt from moral judgment based on the things you buy.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2011, 04:10:15 AM »
Her whole career was creating ideas and an image. You're not saying that images on TV don't affect other people? The comparison to terrorism is valid. You aren't exempt from moral judgment based on the things you buy.

In my opinion people can make their own choices in what to believe or do. But according to you, people need protection from "evil stuff" because they are not intelligent enough to filter information on their own? If this is the case then I hate to say this, but you're probably not smart enough to function properly in society anyway.

If amy winehouse chooses to uses drugs that's her choice. If you dislike her drug abuse, you have the choice to ignore her. It's that fucking simple.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2011, 04:17:49 AM »
In my opinion people can make their own choices in what to believe or do. But according to you, people need protection from "evil stuff" because they are not intelligent enough to filter information on their own? If this is the case then I hate to say this, but you're probably not smart enough to function properly in society anyway.

obvious troll is obvious.

Yes, stupid and ignorant people need protection from evil stuff. Most people's choices are just conditioned responses to external stimuli.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2011, 04:21:44 AM »
If amy winehouse chooses to uses drugs that's her choice. If you dislike her drug abuse, you have the choice to ignore her. It's that fucking simple.

It's not that simple: I'm not concerned about the influence she has on me.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »
It is that simple. Are you afraid of the influence she might have on other people?

What do you suggest? Apply censorship to all the media? Who's going to decide what is right and what is wrong? (and imo, there is no right or wrong, just perceptions of right or wrong.) By doing this you're setting a certain limitation of freedom, which I think is very scary, and reminds me of ww2 circumstances.

Don't you see - it is about freedom, YES she should be able to do whatever the fuck she wants and YES people should judge for themselves if they want to see her or not.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2011, 04:49:29 AM »
Shame she died for us bitches but Keith's still rolling like a stone

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2011, 04:51:37 AM »
It is that simple. Are you afraid of the influence she might have on other people?

What do you suggest? Apply censorship to all the media? Who's going to decide what is right and what is wrong? (and imo, there is no right or wrong, just perceptions of right or wrong.) By doing this you're setting a certain limitation of freedom, which I think is very scary, and reminds me of ww2 circumstances.

Don't you see - it is about freedom, YES she should be able to do whatever the fuck she wants and YES people should judge for themselves if they want to see her or not.

Its not censorship to say fucking destroying yourself on drugs is something major corporations shouldn't tolerate and fund. Her actions only restricted the freedoms of others as there's nothing a junkie does that's not completely self-serving. She was a slave to a substance: the least free of all.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2011, 04:53:14 AM »
Addiction looks like so much fun

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2011, 04:55:21 AM »

Also, godwin's law.

io856

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2011, 05:34:09 AM »
There are fucking millions of singers out there with talent. One or two are lucky enough to suck the right cock and win the recording contract lottery.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sun-exclusive/3711981/Amy-Winehouse-at-18-years-old.html

Oh how she loved the attention at 18yrs of age. You can see something in her eyes in this video relating to your post, from early on.

Exactly... some women idolised/idolise her image/reality of drugs addiction, alcoholism and the promiscuity that inevitably follows. Her early demise is yet another attractive feature to appeal to women/girls in their little party scenes of excess.

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
Who said prayer doesn't work?
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »
Dear Lord, I pray that soon I will meet Amy Winehouse. Could your almighty power make this happen.
Hans Janek, Age 14, Oslo

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Who said prayer doesn't work?
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »
Dear Lord, I pray that soon I will meet Amy Winehouse. Could your almighty power make this happen.
Hans Janek, Age 14, Oslo

Damn thats cold even for a guy like me thats pretty cold.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2011, 06:45:47 AM »
Whose gimmick is paradoxnol ?

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2011, 06:51:38 AM »
Timeout in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
Wonder what the record is on Getbig to achieve Timeout in the fewest number of posts?

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2011, 07:00:10 AM »
Timeout in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

lolz, the new guy has balls
North of Italy

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
Amy Winehouse tribute
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »

One of the few modern artists that sang with her soul, and I would fuck the shit out of that crackhoe.

interview when 20

poring your soul out on every performance probably ruins you inside.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Amy Winehouse tribute
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2011, 07:19:40 AM »
reserving space for later ownage

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2011, 07:21:14 AM »
reserving space for later ownage

lol. I Love music when people sing with their soul and sounds good live. Amy did all of that. hwn she wasn't Too coked out of her mind lol.

And she wrote her own songs.

And I would assume some of the songs give her horrible flashbacks. So imagine telling the most horrible story of your life, time and time and time again (although breaking down from relationships is some pussy shit, but I guess many people do)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »
The DL performances (sitting in a couch)

&feature=youtu.be

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2011, 07:30:06 AM »
She was quite pretty before she went right off the rails  :-\

With a last name like "winehouse" wtf do you expect though  ;D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching