Author Topic: How long before the attacks on Perry begin?  (Read 6357 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: How long before the attacks on Perry begin?
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:06 AM »
Get on the record now, Perry supporters!

If men come fwd with evidence of sex with perry,
Will it change your vote?

no.  I would vote for a AIDs riddled, illegal alien homeless bum on a cardboard mat sleeping in Penn station over Obama at this point. 

I would vote for Assad/Gadaffi over Obama right now. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2011, 11:56:22 AM »
Former Reagan & GWB Official: 'Rick Perry's an Idiot'
Source: The Atlantic Wire

If Rick Perry has a "Rove problem," with the Bush team targeting him for criticism, he is apparently developing a Bartlett problem as well. Bruce Bartlett, who was a domestic policy adviser to President Reagan and served as the Treasury Department's deputy assistant secretary for economic policy under President George H.W. Bush, had some unflattering comments on the Texas governor and presidential candidate on CNN's American Morning today: "Rick Perry's an idiot, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that," he said, in a discussion about Perry saying Federal Reserve Bank chairman Ben Bernanke would be "treasonous" if he printed more money. CNN's Political Ticker relates Bartlett's own criticism of the Fed:

Bartlett said the politics at the Federal Reserve are a serious problem and in part blamed U.S. presidents, who he said have historically not focused their energies on the bank.

"He has had open seats on the fed almost his entire presidency and I think that this sends a signal that he just doesn't care very much about what the fed does," Bartlett said.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00:35 AM »
lol

August 24, 2011
Obama campaign searching for disgruntled Texans
by Charlie Spiering
Follow on Twitter:@charliespiering

Do you live in Texas, but hate governor Rick Perry? Do you love coyotes and hate concealed weapons and lower taxes? Well the Obama campaign is anxious to hear from you.

"Your feedback will help hold him (Perry) accountable on the campaign trail, inspire fellow Texans to get involved, and introduce his record -- his actual record -- to voters across the country," Hector Nieto, the campaign's Texas director, told Texas supporters in an email blast today. "Your words will remind him that even as he runs, he won't be able to hide -- a lesson he apparently hadn't learned as recently as last week."

The email sends Texas supporters to an online form that asks permission for the campaign to use your submission, name, city/state and other information.

What information would you submit to the Obama campaign? Let us know in the comments below.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-campaign-searching-disgruntled-texans

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:53 AM »
I'm really not feeling Perry for POTUS. 

I would vote for him over bama.  however - Perry is the bottom of my list.  I prefer Santorum to Perry to be honest. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
no.  I would vote for a AIDs riddled, illegal alien homeless bum on a cardboard mat sleeping in Penn station over Obama at this point. 

I would vote for Assad/Gadaffi over Obama right now. 
What if, like Jesus, Hitler came back from the dead?

Would you vote for him over Obama?
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
What if, like Jesus, Hitler came back from the dead?

Would you vote for him over Obama?

Probably - same with Stalin, Ghengus Khan, Attila, etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »
santorum would be better than perry, i agree with you.

he just has a shitty name.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/26/opinion/bernankes-per...

As I write this, investors around the world are anxiously awaiting Ben Bernanke’s speech at the annual Fed gathering at Jackson Hole, Wyo. They want to know whether Mr. Bernanke, the chairman of the Federal Reserve, will unveil new policies that might lift the U.S. economy out of what is looking more and more like a quasi-permanent state of depressed demand and high unemployment.

But I’ll be shocked if Mr. Bernanke proposes anything significant — that is, anything likely to make any serious dent in unemployment or offer any serious boost to growth.

Why don’t I expect much from Mr. Bernanke? In two words: Rick Perry.

O.K., I don’t mean that Mr. Perry, the governor of Texas, is personally standing in the way of effective monetary policy. Not yet, anyway. Instead, I’m using Mr. Perry — who has famously threatened Mr. Bernanke with dire personal consequences if he pursues expansionary monetary policy before the 2012 election — as a symbol of the political intimidation that is killing our last remaining hope for economic recovery.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
Any day now, we should see stories in the media about Perry being "crazy," attacking his family, his religion, his sexual orientation, etc., etc.  Probably very little on the performance of the Texas economy during his tenure as governor.

You know... it's funny...

his performance as Tx Governor is EXACTLY what he's being attacked on now.  His own words are EXACTLY what other repubs and dems are bashing him for.

His religion basely comes up.  Family?  I haven't heard anything.  Being a little gay?  not really.  I mean, you have fringe message board discussion, but mainstream canddiates and media are skewing him on his own stupid positions and actions in the past, like requiring 11 year olf girls to get dangerous vaccinations, making his chief of staff rich.

So while this thread was possibly designed into "our poor guy will be treated unfairly"...
He's actually been treated fairly by the media and otehr canddiates.  It's his own words!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
This just might be the single dumbest non-issue that comes up in presidential elections.  I can't ever remember this being an issue with any president during his administration. 

Creationism Hits the Campaign Trail and Exposes Differences in the Field
By Shannon Bream
Published August 25, 2011
FoxNews.com

The battle between believers of creationism and those who believe in evolution has made its way onto the presidential campaign trail and exposes differences between candidates.

The latest chasm in the 2012 Republican field began with an exchange between Texas Gov. Rick Perry and a young child in New Hampshire. The boy was urged by an adult to ask Perry "why he doesn’t believe in science."

In his response on the issue of evolution and creation, Perry called evolution a theory with "some gaps in it."  He said that school children in Texas are taught about both evolution and creationism. Texas public school curriculum, however, does not officially include any lesson work on creationism.

GOP contender Jon Huntsman quickly tweeted:  “To be clear I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming.  Call me crazy.”

In its most recent polling on the topic, Gallup found that 40 percent of Americans believe God created humans just as they are today.  Another 38 percent said they believe God guided the evolution process. And 16 percent believe human evolution involved pure science.

“When a candidate like Jon Huntsman comes out and says, "Oh, I believe in evolution" then he’s out of sync with his own party,” said Frank Newport, editor in chief of Gallup.

Just 8 percent of Republicans who were polled said they believed in evolution without any other intervention.  Newport says it’s an issue that GOP candidates must consider carefully. "To very religious people, it’s a very sensitive issue," he said.

Political analyst Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, said Perry’s strategy will play well in conservative early caucus and primary states like Iowa and South Carolina.
“What Perry has done by mentioning creationism is to send this little signal to fundamentalists that says, "I’m one of you,'" Sabato said.

He believes Huntsman is casting a much wider net.  When asked about the issue Thursday Huntsman expressed worry that the GOP will come to be viewed as "anti-science."

"You can’t win as the anti-science party, simply can’t win elections," he told Fox News' Neil Cavuto.

Many of the other GOP candidates have taken carefully nuanced positions, saying they believe in both God's involvement and data from the scientific community.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/25/creationism-hits-campaign-trail-and-exposes-differences-in-field/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »
This just might be the single dumbest non-issue that comes up in presidential elections.  I can't ever remember this being an issue with any president during his administration. 

remember when bush admitted he didn't consult his Sec of Defense before attacking iraq, but he did talk to God about it?

little things like that ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2011, 10:24:30 AM »
remember when bush admitted he didn't consult his Sec of Defense before attacking iraq, but he did talk to God about it?

little things like that ;)

No I don't remember that, you lying liar.  And that has nothing to do with "creationism."   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »
No I don't remember that, you lying liar.  And that has nothing to do with "creationism."   ::)

You should take fish oil.  It's great for the memory.  Rummy admitted Bush never consulted him:

MATTHEWS: Did you advise the president to go to war?

RUMSFELD: Yes. He did not ask me, is the question. And to my knowledge, there are a number of people he did not ask.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2011, 10:38:22 AM »

You should take fish oil.  It's great for the memory.  Rummy admitted Bush never consulted him:

RUMSFELD: Yes. He did not ask me, is the question. And to my knowledge, there are a number of people he did not ask.

Are you really that dumb, or are you just pretending?   ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »

You should take fish oil.  It's great for the memory.  Rummy admitted Bush never consulted him:

I just looked at the transcript.  You really do have a problem telling the truth.   :-\

Here is more:

Matthews: Did you advise the president to go to war?

Rumsfeld: Yes. He did not ask me, is the question. And to my knowledge, there are a number of people he did not ask.

Matthews: Does that surprise you, as secretary of defense?

Rumsfeld: Well, I thought it was interesting. He clearly asked us, "Could we win?" I said, obviously, that the military are sure that they can prevail in that conflict, in terms of the changing of regime.

He asked if they had everything they needed. He must have asked 5,000 questions over the period of a year about this, that and the other thing.

What could go wrong? What about a humanitarian crisis? What about an environmental crisis? What about internally displaced people? What about a fortressed Baghdad? Thousands of questions along those lines. And the president should, to have looked at the risks and concerns that . . .

Matthews: So he knew the tally sheet of costs and benefits, without only seeing the bottom line?

Rumsfeld: You bet. You bet. I gave him a list.

. . . .

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-05-04/features/0405040041_1_defense-donald-rumsfeld-washington-post-journalist-chris-matthews

Anyone trying to say he didn't consult with his advisors is just not telling the truth.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »
BUMP for 180!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »

Are you really that dumb, or are you just pretending?   ???

It's true - link

Brain Health. According to Dr. David Horrobin, a pioneer fatty acid researcher, omega-3's make up eight percent of the human brain. Omega-3 supplements have been shown to prevent memory impairment and speed recovery from depression.
http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/benefits-of-fish-oil-supplements.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
For Gods' sake - please respond to what BB posted! 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2011, 11:26:35 AM »
I just looked at the transcript.  You really do have a problem telling the truth.   :-\

Here is more:

Matthews: Did you advise the president to go to war?

Rumsfeld: Yes. He did not ask me, is the question. And to my knowledge, there are a number of people he did not ask.

Matthews: Does that surprise you, as secretary of defense?

Rumsfeld: Well, I thought it was interesting. He clearly asked us, "Could we win?" I said, obviously, that the military are sure that they can prevail in that conflict, in terms of the changing of regime.

He asked if they had everything they needed. He must have asked 5,000 questions over the period of a year about this, that and the other thing.

What could go wrong? What about a humanitarian crisis? What about an environmental crisis? What about internally displaced people? What about a fortressed Baghdad? Thousands of questions along those lines. And the president should, to have looked at the risks and concerns that . . .

Matthews: So he knew the tally sheet of costs and benefits, without only seeing the bottom line?

Rumsfeld: You bet. You bet. I gave him a list.

. . . .

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-05-04/features/0405040041_1_defense-donald-rumsfeld-washington-post-journalist-chris-matthews

Anyone trying to say he didn't consult with his advisors is just not telling the truth.   ::)

hahahahahaha!!!

Looks like 120 needs to take more fish oil.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
LOL!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »
santorum would be better than perry, i agree with you.

he just has a shitty name.

Better than Perry?

Do you know how religious Santorum is?

Thought you hated that?  Or is that just last weeks claim?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2011, 05:52:25 AM »
Weir: Can Rick Perry Survive the Smear Merchants?
The American Thinker ^ | August 27, 2011 | Bob Weir

________________________ ________________________ __________

...Campaign managers know that most of the population will not take the time to do their own independent research on the candidates, preferring to make up their minds after absorbing a myriad of sound bites that they can regurgitate to others....

How many times are we going to hear that Perry wants to secede from the Union? Democrat bomb-throwers think they have him corralled on that one. The fact is, during a rally in Austin, Texas, some attendees were yelling for secession. The governor's response was that he appreciated their frustration with the current administration, but essentially assured them that secession was not a serious proposal....

Another disambiguation being leveled...is the one about the state's favorable unemployment statistics being the result of so many low-paying jobs. There are several ways to dispute that allegation, but I'll begin by saying that I'd rather have a low-paying job than no job at all. Secondly, having lived here for 22 years, after moving from Long Island, New York, I can tell you that the cost of living here is considerably lower.

That's because taxes are lower for the individual and for the entrepreneur who wants to take part in the capitalist system....bombarded by left-wing ideologues who believe in redistribution as the method of managing economic policy.....

Another charge...Perry wanted to force 11- and 12-year-old females to be vaccinated...to prevent cervical cancer caused by the Human Papilloma Virus....What's not often mentioned is that Perry's executive order mandating the vaccine had an opt-out provision that parents could exercise. That matters little to the anti-Perry crowd,.......

As a Sarah Palin fan who has watched that strong woman withstand unparalleled savagery by vicious smear-merchants, I figure, if Perry is presidential timber, he's more than capable of dealing with it too. -- Full article

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
Weir: Can Rick Perry Survive the Smear Merchants?
The American Thinker ^ | August 27, 2011 | Bob Weir

________________________ ________________________ __________

...Campaign managers know that most of the population will not take the time to do their own independent research on the candidates, preferring to make up their minds after absorbing a myriad of sound bites that they can regurgitate to others....

How many times are we going to hear that Perry wants to secede from the Union? Democrat bomb-throwers think they have him corralled on that one. The fact is, during a rally in Austin, Texas, some attendees were yelling for secession. The governor's response was that he appreciated their frustration with the current administration, but essentially assured them that secession was not a serious proposal....

Another disambiguation being leveled...is the one about the state's favorable unemployment statistics being the result of so many low-paying jobs. There are several ways to dispute that allegation, but I'll begin by saying that I'd rather have a low-paying job than no job at all. Secondly, having lived here for 22 years, after moving from Long Island, New York, I can tell you that the cost of living here is considerably lower.

That's because taxes are lower for the individual and for the entrepreneur who wants to take part in the capitalist system....bombarded by left-wing ideologues who believe in redistribution as the method of managing economic policy.....

Another charge...Perry wanted to force 11- and 12-year-old females to be vaccinated...to prevent cervical cancer caused by the Human Papilloma Virus....What's not often mentioned is that Perry's executive order mandating the vaccine had an opt-out provision that parents could exercise. That matters little to the anti-Perry crowd,.......

As a Sarah Palin fan who has watched that strong woman withstand unparalleled savagery by vicious smear-merchants, I figure, if Perry is presidential timber, he's more than capable of dealing with it too. -- Full article

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

I believe he can. They're smearing him for a reason: To me, Perry is a hybrid of Romney and Bachmann. He a current, not former, governor who can deal with the economic issues; yet he has the Tea Party and evangelical appeal that Bachmann does.

That's why the left-winged goofies in the media are SCARED TO DEATH of Perry. This combination spells DOOM for Obama and they know it. And, that's also why they keep trying to prop up Jon Huntsman. The lefties want a GOP candidate to barely the nomination but who will crumble against Obama. Perry is nothing like that.

IMHO, If Perry gets the nod, he will rip Obama apart.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »
I believe he can. They're smearing him for a reason: To me, Perry is a hybrid of Romney and Bachmann. He a current, not former, governor who can deal with the economic issues; yet he has the Tea Party and evangelical appeal that Bachmann does.

That's why the left-winged goofies in the media are SCARED TO DEATH of Perry. This combination spells DOOM for Obama and they know it. And, that's also why they keep trying to prop up Jon Huntsman. The lefties want a GOP candidate to barely the nomination but who will crumble against Obama. Perry is nothing like that.

IMHO, If Perry gets the nod, he will rip Obama apart.

Certainly does look like they're afraid of him.