Author Topic: How long before the attacks on Perry begin?  (Read 6370 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: How long before the attacks on Perry begin?
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »

Granted, I'll vote perry over obama for the reduction in spending alone. 

LOL!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
You're one of the biggest liberals on this board. You should be worshiping the guy. He's like a better version of Huntsman, who you couldn't stop praising a few months ago.

By the way, you've logged at least 20,000 posts praising Obama, you fucking hypocrite. Where do you think you're in a position to criticize anyone for praising Perry, you neocon douche bag?

you this, 240 that.

ignore my points.  Nice.

Then attack obama.

Why not defend perry?  LMAO. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.  Attacking his politics and his record is fine.  What I expect to see are the kinds of tactics used against Palin, Bachmann, and Romney.  They want to portray Romney as "weird."  Attacking Bachmann's husband.  Attacking Palin's family. 

Because it looks like Perry will be a frontrunner and poses a threat to Obama, I expect him to be next. 

calling out hypocrisy in Palin and Bachmanns words as compared to their actions is not attacking them and Bachmann husband is fair game too

Palin's family is fair game too because of their actions and because of the fact that she put's them out as some sort of role model for family values

If the Obama kids were out getting drunk and knocked up or vandalizing the breaks on a school but you'd hear about it too

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »
you this, 240 that.

ignore my points.  Nice.

Then attack obama.

Why not defend perry?  LMAO. 

I couldn't care less about Perry. I'm realistic, though. All he has to do is point out that Obama's mismanagement of the US economy has lost millions of jobs while Texas has added 50% of all jobs since 2009 and he's done.

What points are you making, though, because I don't see any at all. You're a fucking hypocrite through and through. You claim to be a conservative and you've spent more time on this board defending Obama than ny other poster here. You're in no position to whatsoever to call people out for praising Perry.

POT MEET KETTLE.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
LOL!

You can give a guy your vote without defending everything he does.

i'll vote tpaw, mitt, perry, bachmann, rpaul, etc over Obama in Nov 2012.  I'll take a cell pic and post it too ;)

But there's nothing that says you have to defend 100% of what a candidate does.  It's fun to compare them.  Perry is a guy who worked for Gore and TRIPLED the TX debt.  I mean, that's some funny shit.  Obama's a bag of crap, nobody denying that, and he's not getting my vote.

But wow, everyone gets their tampons in a tizzy because we're pointing out the irony in Perry's claim he creates jobs.  Sure, if you have to triple the debt, you can create some minimum wage jobs.  Bravo.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »

i'll vote tpaw, mitt, perry, bachmann, rpaul, etc over Obama in Nov 2012.  I'll take a cell pic and post it too ;)

But there's nothing that says you have to defend 100% of what a candidate does.  It's fun to compare them.  Perry is a guy who worked for Gore and TRIPLED the TX debt.  I mean, that's some funny shit.  Obama's a bag of crap, nobody denying that, and he's not getting my vote.

But wow, everyone gets their tampons in a tizzy because we're pointing out the irony in Perry's claim he creates jobs.  Sure, if you have to triple the debt, you can create some minimum wage jobs.  Bravo.

No, you won't. You're a far-left liberal snake whose only claim to conservatism is your gun obsession.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 05:05:53 PM »
I couldn't care less about Perry. I'm realistic, though. All he has to do is point out that Obama's mismanagement of the US economy has lost millions of jobs while Texas has added 50% of all jobs since 2009 and he's done.

What points are you making, though, because I don't see any at all. You're a fucking hypocrite through and through. You claim to be a conservative and you've spent more time on this board defending Obama than ny other poster here. You're in no position to whatsoever to call people out for praising Perry.

POT MEET KETTLE.

it's all abuot 240 for you.

I'd like to talk about perry's claims that he creates jobs.

I contend that he did so by tripling the state debt, and they were mostly min wage jobs.

Do you agree or disagree?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 05:07:09 PM »
No, you won't. You're a far-left liberal snake whose only claim to conservatism is your gun obsession.

you think 240 is far left ?

are you kidding

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »

okay, so are you telling me if I write "BerzerkFury rocks" on my palm and take a pic of my Romney/Perry ballot, and post it on getbig, you'll cut me some slack?  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »

I'm not a Perry supporter.  Yet.  Like I said in another thread, I like his background, but I want to hear what he has to say on the campaign trail before I support him.  

What I find really funny is you liberals jumping on the guy the day after he jumps in the race.

But that wasn't the point of the thread.  I'm talking about the dirty tricks we have seen with other candidates.  You're one of the main offenders on the board.   ::)  (Although I was talking about the mainstream media and political talking heads, and not necessarily people on the board when I started the thread.)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
it's all abuot 240 for you.

I'd like to talk about perry's claims that he creates jobs.

I contend that he did so by tripling the state debt, and they were mostly min wage jobs.

Do you agree or disagree?

Please stop acting like your important on here. We've already got enough arrogant douche bags like Straw Man who do a good enough job using this board for validation of their existence. The only reason anyone bothers to reply to you is that: 1) you spam the fuck out of this board with your spinster shit and 2) you continue to carry on with the lie that you're conservative.

Texas has created 50% of all jobs in this country since 2009. In-fact, Texas has created more jobs than every state but NY and PA combined. Obama has lost millions of jobs. That's all that matters. No amount of spin from you will change those facts.  :)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
By the way, Obama criticizing Perry's spending would be a direct refutation of the very Keynesian principles that Obama adheres to. Oops. :-X

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 05:16:26 PM »

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://politifact.com/texas/statements/2011/jun/26/rick-perry/rick-perry-says-texas-accounted-48-percent-us-jobs/&sa=U&ei=VGRITu6LCMfx0gHyqcn1Bw&ved=0CA0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHKUBTEp5J0YAzM9yZe1udCJaOWeQ

In an unannounced June 14 appearance on the Fox News Channel, Texas Gov. Rick Perry strolled through another celebration of the state’s economy.

His 35-second cameo shows host Glenn Beck and Perry, who is not introduced, walking from a chalkboard past the camera as Beck asks: "How many jobs did you create, percentage, during the recession?" Perry replies: "Since June 2009, about 48 percent of all the jobs created in America were in Texas. Come add to it."

"Thank you; would love to," says Beck, whose show is leaving Fox.

After Perry walked off camera, Beck imitated Star Wars’ Obi-Wan Kenobi, waving his hand across his face and saying: "I have no idea who that man was. That’s not the candidate you were looking for."

We recognize that job-gain boasts can overreach. An example: Perry’s January 2009 claim that about 70 percent of the jobs created in the U.S. from November 2007-08 were in Texas. We rated that False because it was based on statistics from the 14 states in which job gains outnumbered job losses, and disregarded any jobs created in the other 36 states where losses outnumbered gains.

Per the governor’s recent claim, his office and the Texas Workforce Commission each attributed the 48 percent figure to research touted by the Dallas branch of the Federal Reserve. The Fed compared the number of jobs in Texas and the nation in April 2011 to the number of jobs in June 2009, the month marked by the National Bureau of Economic Research as the end of the recession that started in December 2007.

Workforce commission spokesman Mark Lavergne forwarded a June 14 email from Jerrod Vaughan, an assistant to Richard Fisher, president and ceo of the Dallas Fed, elaborating on Fisher’s recently telling the Wall Street Journal that Texas accounted for 37 percent of post-recession net job gains nationally, by one calculation, or 45 percent by another.

The Journal article says the Texas economy has averaged 3.3 percent annual growth over the last two decades, compared with 2.6 percent for the nation over all.

Vaughan’s email says that when the Dallas Fed compared its internally adjusted Texas employment totals to national survey employment figures, the Texas share of the whole was 47.8 percent--hence, we see, the figure Perry gave Beck.

Pia Orrenius, a senior economist at the Dallas Fed, told us the calculation came from subtracting the number of Texas jobs in June 2009 (10,287,000) from the jobs as of April 2011 (10,524,000) and determining the 237,000 increase accounted for nearly 48 percent of the 496,000 jobs gained nationally over that period. She said the national job figures were drawn from the federal government’s national payroll surveys.

Then again, Orrenius suggested the Texas economy has been roaring since 1990. "Long before Rick Perry" became governor, she said, "we were talking about the great Texas economy. There are so many exciting  things about the Texas economy that precede any political flavor of the month." She listed as favorable factors the state’s range of natural resources, its energy and high-tech sectors, its booming Gulf ports and its surging trade with Mexico and China.

Experts we contacted agreed Texas has enjoyed phenomenal job growth, though they stressed there are various ways to arrive at the state’s share of the nation’s rebound.

Cheryl Abbot, a Dallas-based economist at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, initially advised by email that by the bureau’s count, Texas had 265,300 more jobs in April 2011 than in June 2009. Using the Dallas Fed’s equation, this suggests Texas accounted for about 54 percent of the nation’s net job growth over the period. Why the difference: The Dallas Fed checks the bureau’s monthly employment estimates against employers’ unemployment compensation tax filings once a quarter; the bureau only does so annually.

Abbot said, though, she prefers to judge "recoveries thus far" by comparing specific state or U.S. current employment levels with their peak employment prior to the recession. Texas, she said, has nearly recovered all the jobs lost in the recession. Its nearly 10.6 million jobs as of April ran 0.9 percent below its August 2008 peak employment level of more than 10.6 million jobs. In contrast, Abbot said, the U.S. employment of 131 million in May 2011 fell 5 percent below the peak U.S. employment of nearly 138 million in January 2008.

Chris Edwards, director of tax policy for the Libertarian-leaning Cato Institute, called the Fed’s comparison fair, but said he’s skeptical every time a leader touts economic gains when it’s unclear how they stoked the gains. "Reporters should ask the governor specifically what policies he put in place to create the much-better employment growth," Edward said, adding that he sees as a negative move changes in business taxation Perry signed into law in 2006 to help cover cuts in school property taxes.

Likewise, Bob Lerman, a fellow in labor and social policy at The Urban Institute in Washington saw no flaw in the Fed’s calculation. But at the liberal-leaning Economic Policy Institute, researcher Kathryn Edwards called Perry’s statement misleading because the Fed’s research reflects only the 31 states with net job gains over the post-recession period.

Jobs were created in the other states, Edwards pointed out, though more jobs were lost. It would be accurate, she said, to say Texas accounted for 27 percent of jobs gained in states with net job gains. For the same reason, Lee McPheters, an economist at Arizona State University, said the Fed’s statistical comparison is misleading.

McPheters wondered too why the cited comparison starts in June 2009 when the actual national low point in terms of employment was February 2010, because employment keeps falling after a recession ends. Applying the Fed’s methodology to the the later time frame, Texas accounted for only 18 percent of the jobs created from February 2010 into April 2011, he said.

Finally, we consulted Bernard Weinstein, an economist at Southern Methodist University familiar with the state’s economic ups and downs. "One can quibble over the numbers as well as the methodologies and time frames used to calculate Texas' job gains," Weinstein said by email. The big picture, he said, is that Texas has fared better than other big states since the recession and indeed over the past 20 years, for reasons including, he said, "enlightened" leadership, demographics and the resurgent energy sector.

Our take:The strength of the Texas economy, compared to many other states, isn’t in dispute. However, there are many ways to slice and dice employment statistics. The calculations behind the 48-percent boast may cover a less meaningful time frame while not weighing any jobs created in states with net job losses.

Mark Perry’s statement Half True.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »
Please stop acting like your important on here. We've already got enough arrogant douche bags like Straw Man who do a good enough job using this board for validation of their existence. The only reason anyone bothers to reply to you is that: 1) you spam the fuck out of this board with your spinster shit and 2) you continue to carry on with the lie that you're conservative.

Texas has created 50% of all jobs in this country since 2009. In-fact, Texas has created more jobs than every state but NY and PA combined. Obama has lost millions of jobs. That's all that matters. No amount of spin from you will change those facts.  :)

LoL

have you ever considered not posting or even reading the board

alternatively you could just stop being such a whiny little bitch

wait - that's all you've ever been on this board so I guess that option is out

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
LoL

have you ever considered not posting or even reading the board

alternatively you could just stop being such a whiny little bitch

wait - that's all you've ever been on this board so I guess that option is out

Nice meltdown coming from the guy who can't admit he was wrong, despite the fact it happens so frequently.

How's the post office doing, bright spot?  :)

roccoginge

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »
By the way, Obama criticizing Perry's spending would be a direct refutation of the very Keynesian principles that Obama adheres to. Oops. :-X
Would you rather he follow Say's Law?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »
Nice meltdown coming from the guy who can't admit he was wrong, despite the fact it happens so frequently.

How's the post office doing, bright spot?  :)

you call that a meltdown

have you noticed that almost all of your posts are nothing but personal attacks.

why is that

problems at home or just feeling bad about yourself in general?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
you call that a meltdown

have you noticed that almost all of your posts are nothing but personal attacks.

why is that

problems at home or just feeling bad about yourself in general?

And you contribute to this board? All you do is follow 333 around like a lost puppy.

roccoginge

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
I love seeing the far leftists like straw come out of the woodwork to attack others on things their messiah has been doing unabated for three years now and act all indignant.  Truly laughable.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »
And you contribute to this board? All you do is follow 333 around like a lost puppy.

you clearly spend way too much time thinking about me

and once again have proven yourself to be pretty much completely clueless

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
Rick Perry's Texas jobs boom: The whole story
By Tami Luhby @CNNMoney August 13, 2011: 2:34 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Texas has created a lot of jobs over the 10 years that Rick Perry's been governor -- there's no doubt about it.

Perry, who is formally launching his presidential candidacy on Saturday, is making his state's economic prowess a centerpiece of his campaign. Already he's been bragging about his state being the "epicenter of job growth."

102616Print Texas has gained more than 1 million net new jobs in the decade Perry has led the state. And it's been going strong since the recession ended.

"We are home to fewer than one in 10 Americans ... but four in 10 new American jobs are in our state," he told a conference of state legislators from around the nation this week.

But that doesn't mean that all is well with employment in the Lone Star State. Texas leads the nation in minimum-wage jobs, and many positions don't offer health benefits. Also, steep budget cuts are expected to result in the loss of more than 100,000 jobs.

Perhaps most importantly, Texas can't create jobs fast enough to keep up with its rapidly growing population. Since 2007, the state's number of working-age residents expanded by 6.6%, nearly twice the national average.

Factoring in that population growth means Texas would need to create another 629,000 jobs, or 5.6% more positions, just to reach its pre-recession employment level, according to the Economic Policy Institute.

"They have a long way to go before they get back to a positive place," said Doug Hall, director of the Economic Analysis and Research Network, an institute project.

0:00 / 1:49 Texans grab their guns as economy stalls
Still, Texas has been adding jobs at a rapid clip since the recession's end in 2009. The state has created nearly 297,000 net new positions since June of that year, representing a major chunk of the nation's 715,000 gain, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Of course, Texas enjoys advantages that have nothing to do with having Perry at the helm. Rich in natural resources, the state has been benefiting from the high price of oil and the expanded interest in natural gas exploration. Energy employment has soared by 16.8% over the past year alone.

While the energy sector is driving much of the recent jobs expansion, nearly all industries are doing well, said Jim Gaines, research economist at The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University.

Construction jobs, for instance, have grown by 5.4% in the past year, according to the center. Employment in professional services is up 4.5% and in the hospitality business by 3%. Only the government and information technology sectors have seen drops, of 1.4% and 5%, respectively.

"Texas has fared better than most of the nation," said Terry Clower, who directs the Center for Economic Development and Research at the University of North Texas. "Private sector job creation has been pretty strong compared to most other states."

The secret, according to Perry, is low taxes, predictable regulation, a fair legal system, and a skilled workforce. And he's been sharing it with companies around the country, hoping to lure them to his state. Some are heeding his siren call, lured by the state's low cost of doing business, as well as Texas Enterprise Fund, which has awarded companies $440 million to relocate since it was created in 2003.

Texas, however, still faces many challenges on the jobs front. Many of the positions that have been created are on the lower end of the pay scale. Some 550,000 workers last year were paid at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25, more than double the number making those wages in 2008, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That's 9.5% of Texas' hourly workforce, which gives it the highest percentage of minimum-wage hourly workers in the nation -- a dubious title it shares with Mississippi.

"We have created jobs, but they are not jobs with good wages and benefits," said F. Scott McCown, executive director, Center for Public Policy Priorities, which advocates for low-income residents.

Going forward, the Lone Star State will have to work even harder to create jobs. That's because Perry signed a budget in May that slashes $15 billion in government spending over the next two years. Also, the federal stimulus funds that poured into the state since 2009 have largely dried up.

The state budget cuts alone could result in the loss of more than 100,000 jobs, many of them in the public sector, Clower said. Thousands of teachers are already feeling the impact of more than $5 billion in cuts to education funding.

The state's rapidly expanding population has been both a blessing and a curse. While it has spurred the creation of jobs to service the new residents, it has also kept the state's unemployment rate higher than one would expect for a place that's adding so many positions. Texas' unemployment rate is 8.2% -- lower than the nation's, but higher than 25 other states.

Unless Perry can push job creation into overdrive, the rate is likely to stay high, economists say.

"Our labor force is growing substantially faster than we can grow jobs," Gaines said.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
Ahh yes, now no jobs are better than minimum-wage jobs. The left is pretty desperate to smear this guy.

I take it you'll be criticizing Obama for bragging about hiring in May, where McDonald's added 50,000 of the pathetically low ~100k jobs he was bragging about, right?  ::)

Last I checked, minimum wage jobs > no jobs. I'm sure quite a few of the 7 million long-term unemployed Americans would be quite happy with any job at all. Never mind, Obama's brilliant jobs strategy revolves around the concept of unemployment benefits creating jobs or something like that.  ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
was it you or 333386 that was complaining that all the jobs obama added were from mcdonald's,can't have it both ways

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2011, 08:57:57 PM »
Lol. I wonder how many posts on this thread are not attacks on each other?

So when is anyone other than  cut and pasters going to talk about Perry's politics?