Author Topic: The SPEED OF LIGHT may have been broken.  (Read 20047 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: The SPEED OF LIGHT may have been broken.
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »
Travelling in time would destroy the whole equilibrium of the system of causes and consequences that underlies everything, so it cannot be possible. If you can travel in time, life has no meaning anymore as its meaning is based on the principle of causes and consequences.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2011, 05:10:15 AM »
This could be interesting, but you have to explain it it little better

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2011, 08:24:33 AM »
I am in the process of attempting to explain 'Time Travel' and its association to Einestein's Theory of Relativity as simply as possible but I run into some difficulties at the end which I had no difficulty understanding late last nite after a couple of Margaritas.

But here is the start of my simple (hopefully) explanation.

Let's assume that Ron and Grant and Tommy Wishbone are on a very distant planet and have made plans to attend the 2012 IFBB Olympia in Las Vegas.

Let's also assume that they only have two ways to travel from that distant planet to Las Vegas.

One mode of travel is by way of hopping on a light particle (picture it as a bullet traveling at 186,000 miles per second) and the other method of travel is by hopping on a neutron which travels at a rate of speed much higher than the speed of light. (For simplicity let's assume that the speed of a neutron is 300,000 miles per second.)

Ron and Grant decide to depart that distant planet at the same time on the same day, but Ron will travel at the 186,000 miles per second mode of transportation on a light particle and Grant will travel at 300,000 miles per second via the neutron mode of travel.

They both depart the distant planet at the exact same time but who will arrive in Las Vegas first.

Of course Grant will arrive there first but since he is traveling faster than the speed of light, he will arrive in Las Vegas before he left that distant planet and way before Ron himself arrives.

But here is the problem I am having! What the hell happens from Ron's perspective when Tommy departs the next day after Ron has departed and what the hell happens from Grant's perspective when Tommy actually arrives in Las Vegas.

This is the kind of shit they ask you in pre-QM tests to see if you qualify for further education within the area of QM.... so I have b een told and i hope I explained it correctly.

The end but very confusing result is that each traveling participant experiences the end result (the arrival in Las Vegas) somewhat differently due to 'relativity'.

And that's where I get completely confused, but I have been told that if you can understand three moves ahead in the game of Chess, this sort of problem will be no problem at all for you.

Any clarification would be appreciated because life is almost unbearable without knowing all this shit.

There's one fundamental flaw with Time Travel and that is Human Nature.  Humans are inately flawed.  They cannot help themselves but to do things they shouldn't.  As much as people believe that the military, CIA or FBI has this technology, just think of what one minor change in history has on the future.  The fact is the past would be constantly changing and affecting the present.  We'd already know about it.

People think the military is this arm of super intelligent beings.  Not really. The majority of the military are young high school dropouts loooking for work.  People think these guys are able to time travel and not let their natural instinct take over in changing something in the past.

If time travel ever gets created, the very first time someone goes back in time will change civilization and destroy everything around us.  Just imagine someone going back to 1900 and leaving their iphone by mistake.  Imagine what advances we'd have in technology today. Chances are humans would cease to exist.

Plus say you can travel back in time, how can you also travel back in time and to a specific destination?  How would you be able to exist before you were ever born?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »
MON, in an earlier post I mentioned something about a movie that was about time traveling into the past and asked if anyone knew the name of that movie. One Getbigger offer "Hot Tub Time Machine" but that wasn't the movie I was thinking of.

Now I think I've found it ..... 2005's .... A SOUND OF THUNDER .... When a hunter sent back to the prehistoric era runs off the path he must not leave, he causes a chain reaction that alters history in disastrous ways.

I think that there has been more than one film produced on this very subject but if  I recall this movie correctly the hunter steps off the predetermined path while in the prehistoric past and steps on a butterfly and when he returns to the 'present' the world is completely changed and no way similar to the way it was when he originally left.

This idea is sometimes referred to as 'the butterfly effect' and I think that Ray Bradbury wrote a book on this very subject many years back and is often discussed within the scientific community.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »
whocares

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »
whocares

I do...leave the thread if you aren't interested instead of trolling

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
MON, in an earlier post I mentioned something about a movie that was about time traveling into the past and asked if anyone knew the name of that movie. One Getbigger offer "Hot Tub Time Machine" but that wasn't the movie I was thinking of.

Now I think I've found it ..... 2005's .... A SOUND OF THUNDER .... When a hunter sent back to the prehistoric era runs off the path he must not leave, he causes a chain reaction that alters history in disastrous ways.

I think that there has been more than one film produced on this very subject but if  I recall this movie correctly the hunter steps off the predetermined path while in the prehistoric past and steps on a butterfly and when he returns to the 'present' the world is completely changed and no way similar to the way it was when he originally left.

This idea is sometimes referred to as 'the butterfly effect' and I think that Ray Bradbury wrote a book on this very subject many years back and is often discussed within the scientific community.

Totally joking, stunt, with that title. Now that you mention it, tho, I have seen the movie that you mention. Game hunters pay a fee to be taken back with a guide to shoot dinosaurs? But they must stay on the walkways?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2011, 12:23:23 PM »
mankind will disapear waaay before it finds out how to travel through time.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »
I do...leave the thread if you aren't interested instead of trolling

Go to a physics forum so you can see how stupid you really are..This is a bodybuilding forum you moron

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
Go to a physics forum so you can see how stupid you really are..This is a bodybuilding forum you moron

so why are you in this thread you fucking retard fag???....you just owned yourself

MikMaq

« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »
mankind will disapear waaay before it finds out how to travel through time.
Yeah the going theory is that a more evolved form will replace us, some might call them the ubermench ::)

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:27 PM »
so why are you in this thread you fucking retard fag???....you just owned yourself

I'm here to mock your stupidity of talking physics in a bodybuilding forum.

Nice meltdown btw  ;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »
DOC, You are correct about that movie but I have to add that they could only kill dinoseurs that were going to die the next day ...political correctness  or something ....from food poisoning after digesting a sweaty prehistoric bodybuilding.

I guess I do agree with XPAC2 a bit, so I had to stretch the 'truth' a little.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2011, 11:25:23 PM »
Stunt...all the answers lie with the tachyon. It is the key to make the concept of a limited speed in the universe.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »
a Shrink who finds us GetBiggers very interesting critters and has offered non-obligatory comments on more than a few GetBiggers he feels should undergo analysis.

Sounds like the kind of "guy" who can't wait to tell you all about his mother's penis.  Gayer than fainting over pharaohs.  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2011, 01:08:07 AM »
I am awaiting Falcon's take on all this.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »
I'm here to mock your stupidity of talking physics in a bodybuilding forum.

Nice meltdown btw  ;D

sigh..I don't understand how you owning yourself is a meltdown by me, but whatever....carry on with the dumbness

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »
CHOPPER, Funny .... but I am familiar with tachyon discussions because that was what was used to knock the Silver Surfer off his board in the Last Fantastic Four extravaganza. (I played a small part in making him fall so I know this tachyon shit!)

But I have another friend from Ireland who knows real stuff about tachyons (if they actually exist at all) and states that they might eventually solve the problem of real time (?) communications over extremely long distances throughout the galaxy.

That most likely means that you won't have to wait a year and a half for a response after saying, "Hello!" to Yoda.

And here is something he asked me to add ....

'Question - Why did the tachyon cross the road?

Answer - Because it was on the other side.'

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »
sigh..I don't understand how you owning yourself is a meltdown by me, but whatever....carry on with the dumbness

Ok andredisman  ::) oh brother

will that be the name used on your nobel prize in physics? For your discussion of timetravel on getbig?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
Stunt...all the answers lie with the tachyon. It is the key to make the concept of a limited speed in the universe.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »
Ok andredisman  ::) oh brother

will that be the name used on your nobel prize in physics? For your discussion of timetravel on getbig?

we are all just having a nice whimsical conversation about time travel and the universe...what is wrong with that????...do you have to be an expert to talk about that???...what the fuck is wrong with your stupid dumb retarded ass???..just mind your business and move on you homo fuck retard

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2011, 05:28:04 PM »

hahahahaha nice meltdown buddy  ;D

Bet you that's the exact same language Einstein or Hawking used....Do you even lift or do you just come here to talk about your amazing time travel theories?  ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: BREAKING NEWS: The SPEED OF LIGHT may have been broken.
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2011, 05:31:22 PM »
one day you fellas will understand ,,mayeb you wotn ,, but one day humans will understand that it all been there before,, speed of light already been broken .....thats why we have time travel already for many years,,, part of ufo phenomenon is time travelers,, us from future,, there is tendency in human to go very slow and inject info very slow until human brain can digest,, well the time has come,, yuo see it now day slowly injected since 2000....everything go into the truth which is ...we are nto alone in the universe,, other planets have water.... and can be occupied by us humans and by other beings and are,,,there are many stars like the sun ,, there are many life forms,, and .....the biggest discovery of them all..... time travel is possible ,, dimentions are real ,, etc

its a matter of time,, most of us wont be alive ,, but time will reveal it all ,,

gh15 approved
You're a doodle there Gh15.
I'll bet you set the Delorian for the 1965 Olympia and will go back there and beat that Larry Scott huh.
Marty McFly can be your trainer and Einstine can be your mascot. Roll on !

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
Tesla never got any credit.

Should have died a wealthy happy man but didn't.
Tesla was the greatest men on EM theory and application in history.
The guy invented all the AC systems in use today!
Horrible business man.