Author Topic: Georgia Judge Issues Subpoena To Obama  (Read 3829 times)

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
Rejavascript:void(0);: Georgia Judge Issues Subpoena To Obama
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2012, 03:28:40 PM »
Well, unfortunately a state judge has no authority in deciding eligibility requirements for a federal election.

Ah, but there's the rub. All elections are local. Each state controls its own ballot.

Excerpted from:http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/court-obama-must-be-constitutionally-eligible/

In Georgia, a state law requires “every candidate for federal” office who is certified by the state executive committees of a political party or who files a notice of candidacy “shall meet the constitutional and statutory qualifications for holding the office being sought.”

State law also grants the secretary of state and any “elector who is eligible to vote for a candidate” in the state the authority to raise a challenge to a candidate’s qualifications, the judge determined.

While Obama’s attorney, Michael Jablonski, had argued that the requirements didn’t apply to candidates for a presidential primary, the judge said that isn’t how he reads state law.

“Statutory provisions must be read as they are written, and this court finds that the cases cited by [Obama] are not controlling. When the court construes a constitutional or statutory provision, the ‘first step … is to examine the plain statutory language,” the judge wrote. “Section 21-2-1(a) states that ‘every candidate for federal and state office’ must meet the qualifications for holding that particular office, and this court has seen no case law limiting this provision, nor found any language that contains an exception for the office of president or stating that the provision does not apply to the presidential preference primary.”

As another example that all elections are local...
http://www.theadvertiser.com/usatoday/article/602664
Jan. 13, 2012
Updated 5:29 p.m. ET

A federal judge today rejected Rick Perry's lawsuit challenging Virginia's ballot requirements, meaning Mitt Romney and Ron Paul will be the only major GOP candidates on the ballot.

Confirming states control their own elections, and therefore their ballots and who is and is not ELIGIBLE to be included on those ballots.

Obama is a U.S citizen...has produced the long form birth certificate and its been confirmed by the state of Hawaii.  

Again, this suit is NOT about citizenship. It is to determine if Obama meets ELIGIBILITY requirements to be placed on the Georgia ballot. ELIGIBILITY has never been addressed.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/citizenship
cit·i·zen·ship   [sit-uh-zuhn-ship, -suhn-]  Show IPA
noun
1. the state of being vested with the rights, privileges, and duties of a citizen.
2. the character of an individual viewed as a member of society; behavior in terms of the duties, obligations, and functions of a citizen

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eligibility
el·i·gi·ble   [el-i-juh-buhl]  Show IPA
adjective
1. fit or proper to be chosen; worthy of choice; desirable: to marry an eligible bachelor.
2. meeting the stipulated requirements, as to participate, compete, or work; qualified.
3. legally qualified to be elected  or appointed to office: eligible for the presidency.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Rejavascript:void(0);: Georgia Judge Issues Subpoena To Obama
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
Ah, but there's the rub. All elections are local. Each state controls its own ballot.

Excerpted from:http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/court-obama-must-be-constitutionally-eligible/

In Georgia, a state law requires “every candidate for federal” office who is certified by the state executive committees of a political party or who files a notice of candidacy “shall meet the constitutional and statutory qualifications for holding the office being sought.”

State law also grants the secretary of state and any “elector who is eligible to vote for a candidate” in the state the authority to raise a challenge to a candidate’s qualifications, the judge determined.

While Obama’s attorney, Michael Jablonski, had argued that the requirements didn’t apply to candidates for a presidential primary, the judge said that isn’t how he reads state law.

“Statutory provisions must be read as they are written, and this court finds that the cases cited by [Obama] are not controlling. When the court construes a constitutional or statutory provision, the ‘first step … is to examine the plain statutory language,” the judge wrote. “Section 21-2-1(a) states that ‘every candidate for federal and state office’ must meet the qualifications for holding that particular office, and this court has seen no case law limiting this provision, nor found any language that contains an exception for the office of president or stating that the provision does not apply to the presidential preference primary.”

As another example that all elections are local...
http://www.theadvertiser.com/usatoday/article/602664
Jan. 13, 2012
Updated 5:29 p.m. ET

A federal judge today rejected Rick Perry's lawsuit challenging Virginia's ballot requirements, meaning Mitt Romney and Ron Paul will be the only major GOP candidates on the ballot.

Confirming states control their own elections, and therefore their ballots and who is and is not ELIGIBLE to be included on those ballots.

Again, this suit is NOT about citizenship. It is to determine if Obama meets ELIGIBILITY requirements to be placed on the Georgia ballot. ELIGIBILITY has never been addressed.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/citizenship
cit·i·zen·ship   [sit-uh-zuhn-ship, -suhn-]  Show IPA
noun
1. the state of being vested with the rights, privileges, and duties of a citizen.
2. the character of an individual viewed as a member of society; behavior in terms of the duties, obligations, and functions of a citizen

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eligibility
el·i·gi·ble   [el-i-juh-buhl]  Show IPA
adjective
1. fit or proper to be chosen; worthy of choice; desirable: to marry an eligible bachelor.
2. meeting the stipulated requirements, as to participate, compete, or work; qualified.
3. legally qualified to be elected  or appointed to office: eligible for the presidency.

If that's the case then why would a judge ask for school and university records.  That is not a requirement to run for or become President of the United States???  

But it doesn't matter, as I've stated before, the judge has clearly overstepped his bounds and it only helps Obama bring in more campaign funds.  Either the Justice Department or the higher courts will tell them to "kick rocks" when its all said and done.....  :D
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Georgia Judge Issues Subpoena To Obama
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »
Obama is hiding sons somewhere, probably by some stupid ass lefty white chic.

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2012, 09:42:46 PM »

If that's the case then why would a judge ask for school and university records.  That is not a requirement to run for or become President of the United States???  

It has been alleged that Obama was registered and received aid as a foreign student. I have read so much over the years, I can't remember if this particular allegation was in this suit. However, since it's Orly, it's probably in there. IF Obama had registered as a foreign student, it would be relevant. Of course if they showed he was registered as an American student under the name of Barack Hussein Obama II, well... still more questions, but well on the way to unmasking the secrecy and that's all to the good for our country.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2012, 04:29:28 AM »
It has been alleged that Obama was registered and received aid as a foreign student. I have read so much over the years, I can't remember if this particular allegation was in this suit. However, since it's Orly, it's probably in there. IF Obama had registered as a foreign student, it would be relevant. Of course if they showed he was registered as an American student under the name of Barack Hussein Obama II, well... still more questions, but well on the way to unmasking the secrecy and that's all to the good for our country.

Problem is that there's no secrecy about where he's from and this is an example of someone using the courts for political adversion. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2012, 04:52:24 AM »

Problem is that there's no secrecy about where he's from and this is an example of someone using the courts for political adversion. 

LMFAO!!!!   All of his records are sealed!   

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »

Why keep switching the topic? You go from CITIZENSHIP,when the issue is ELIGIBILITY. Then you ask about school records, and I give you one possibility of why they may be asking for them. Then you respond that we know where he's from. No one is talking about where he's from - CITIZENSHIP. We are talking ELIGIBILITY and documents can can shed light on that subject.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »
His citizenship has been established.  He's a U.S Citizen being born in Hawaii.  His birth certificate has been released and its printed on mugs and T-Shirts.  Its been long over and any other argument otherwise is ridiculous.  

This case will soon be thrown out...no media outlet even gives a shit because Orly has been filing everywhere for years.  I just find it sad that some people are so butt hurt over Obama being president that they go and waste taxpayers money by filing all of these lawsuits
A

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »
His citizenship has been established.  

Great. Now let's establish his ELIGIBILITY.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 03:24:49 PM »

This should help you out a bit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories
Again, great. A link to "Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories"

The issue is ELIGIBILITY.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
Again, great. A link to "Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories"

The issue is ELIGIBILITY.

To be eligible to be president:

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

You must be a natural born U.S Citizen  --- yep
You must be over 35  --- yep
Be a resident of the United States for 14 years -- yep

14th amendment

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The highlighted section is where the judge fucked up. 

P.S.. Here's the record or Orly Taitz...you should know who you are defending

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orly_Taitz

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
Lets continue:

Anyone born inside the United States * Obama
    Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
    Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S. McCain
    Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
    Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
    Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
    Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
    A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

* There is an exception in the law — the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born,

Game...set...match ;D
A

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »

You must be a natural born U.S Citizen  --- yep
UNDETERMINED

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;

Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162, 168. tells us…
“The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.”

This SCOTUS precedent is the only definition we have for a “natural born Citizen”

“Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of the parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first.”

This is where Obama falls – there have been doubts

You must be over 35  --- yep
AGREED

neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years,

Be a resident of the United States for 14 years -- yep
AGREED

and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

14th amendment

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

So Arnold is ELIGIBLE to be President? I just want clarification of your position. He is a naturalized citizen. Are his rights being violated by not allowing him to run for President?

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The highlighted section is where the judge fucked up.

It’s only a fuck up IF Obama is ELIGIBLE.  

P.S.. Here's the record or Orly Taitz...you should know who you are defending

I don’t believe that I defended Orly anywhere. I find it unfortunate that she’s the one at the forefront on this since it looks as if a judge might actually hear the ELIGIBILITY issue on it’s merits. But, I do wish her well in presenting a coherent, factual argument.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2012, 04:59:02 AM »

UNDETERMINED

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;

Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162, 168. tells us…
“The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.”

This SCOTUS precedent is the only definition we have for a “natural born Citizen”

“Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of the parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first.”

This is where Obama falls – there have been doubts
 AGREED

neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years,
AGREED

and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

So Arnold is ELIGIBLE to be President? I just want clarification of your position. He is a naturalized citizen. Are his rights being violated by not allowing him to run for President?

It’s only a fuck up IF Obama is ELIGIBLE.  

I don’t believe that I defended Orly anywhere. I find it unfortunate that she’s the one at the forefront on this since it looks as if a judge might actually hear the ELIGIBILITY issue on it’s merits. But, I do wish her well in presenting a coherent, factual argument.

The people who made the Constitution weren't assholes and the question of citizenship is clearly addressed.  At this point its exceeds ridiculous to think that he isn't a natural born citizen and sadly when this is thrown out, I'm sure Orly will try again.  She should be deported back to the USSR.

BTW...there's nothing coherent about Orly...she's only doing it to make money from the gullible.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »

BTW...there's nothing coherent about Orly...she's only doing it to make money from the gullible.

Sounds like Obama and the gazillions he'll get in campaign funds. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:57 AM »

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »
Sounds like Obama and the gazillions he'll get in campaign funds. 

He's going to get even more if the GOP or anyone else drags this issue back up.  It simply allows Obama to bring in even more campaign funds by selling more merchandise. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 05:19:49 AM »
Obama's Attorney Files Motion To Quash Subpoenas In The Georgia Access Ballot Challenge
http://www.scribd.com/doc/78686303/Farrar-Taitz-v-Obama-Motion-to-Quash-Georgia-Subpoenas-Obama-Ballot-Access-Challenge-1-18-2012 ^
Posted on January 18, 2012 10:11:00 PM EST by Obama Exposer

Obama's motion to quash:

"The sovereignty of the State of Georgia does not extend beyond the limits of the State. O.C.G.A. § 50-2-20. Since the sovereignty of the State does not extend beyond its territorial limits, an administrative subpoena has no effect. Thus, OSAH rules specify that subpoenas must be served within the State of Georgia. Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. r. 616-1-2-.19(5) (“A subpoena may be served at any place within Georgia….”)."

"Plaintiff‟s attorney violates two rules of practice with these subpoenas. First, they must be served within the State of Georgia. Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. r. 616-1-2-.19(5) (“A subpoena may be served at any place within Georgia….”). The sovereignty of the State of Georgia does not extend beyond the limits of the State. OCGA 50-2-20. The attempted use of these subpoenas to obtain documents from Hawaii and State of Washington is improper. Subpoenas issued by Georgia courts do not have extraterritorial power. Hughes v. State, 228 Ga. 593, 187 S.E.2d 135 (1972)

(Excerpt) Read more at scribd.com ...