Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 307553 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #1400 on: May 28, 2019, 07:43:14 PM »
So Jon killed Dany because she said those who didnt agree with what she thought was good dont get a choice.

When Sam suggests at the council meeting that everyone should have a choice to pick a ruler hes laughed at.

So not letting the people have a choice will get you killed and later not letting people have a choice is okay....

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1401 on: May 28, 2019, 08:22:04 PM »
Sansa getting uppity.

Q

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1402 on: May 30, 2019, 06:29:00 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #1403 on: May 30, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
Fun Fact, the original Mountain (the best one, way better than Thor) used to post on Getbig.

He actually looked the part and was 7 feet tall.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #1404 on: May 30, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »
Fun Fact, the original Mountain (the best one, way better than Thor) used to post on Getbig.

He also used to post on Bodybuilding.com

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=845934&page=4

MUCH better than stupid Thor.  He is one of us.  A true Getbigger.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #1405 on: June 02, 2019, 01:38:12 AM »
last rant but this one is a gem.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7zy1PTMp0

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1406 on: June 08, 2019, 03:07:28 PM »
For G_Thang

Q

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #1408 on: July 24, 2019, 04:49:07 AM »
this was the first time I was actually triggered by a tv show.

it was so hard to fuck up the ending but D&D managed to do so. There was literally nothing good about the delivery of the story/writing of season 8 (the visuals, music and acting were on point though).

apparently, hbo offered them 2-3 more seasons but they were being divas. They were thinking about that short term star wars money but they didn't realise they'll always have this fuck up hanging over theirs heads for the rest of their careers.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1409 on: July 25, 2019, 12:02:55 AM »
this was the first time I was actually triggered by a tv show.

it was so hard to fuck up the ending but D&D managed to do so. There was literally nothing good about the delivery of the story/writing of season 8 (the visuals, music and acting were on point though).

apparently, hbo offered them 2-3 more seasons but they were being divas. They were thinking about that short term star wars money but they didn't realise they'll always have this fuck up hanging over theirs heads for the rest of their careers.

obviously the jews over at disney don't care these 2 jews are phuck ups b.c they are handing 3-star wars movies over to them to finish off the franchise kennedy has pretty much left in disrepair.  basically, jew are just hooking each other up with generational money.  

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1410 on: September 16, 2019, 02:55:07 PM »
Late next year

Game Of Thrones Prequel: Trailer (HBO) | Targaryen History - Fire And Blood

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1411 on: September 18, 2019, 06:59:54 AM »
I liked the ending for Jon Snow, the 'King beyond the Wall'.

For him, it was the best ending, where he wants to be and to live in freedom.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1412 on: September 18, 2019, 07:08:36 AM »
Late next year

Game Of Thrones Prequel: Trailer (HBO) | Targaryen History - Fire And Blood

Hopefully, GRRM stays for the series ending this time.  HBO execs can't be that stupid.  Along with dragons I'd like to see more historic Unsullied battles esp Qohor.  Maybe show the life of an Unsullied teen til adulthood.   

https://youtu.be/9wk7DR23jgA?t=94

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1413 on: October 29, 2019, 02:04:01 PM »
DOA

The original Game of Thrones series quickly became a massive hit for HBO after launching in 2011 and eventually went on to become the premium network’s biggest series in history. Following the record-breaking final season earlier this year, HBO moved several prequel and spinoff ideas into various stages of development. It looked as though the future of HBO was going to be rooted in the Game of Thrones franchise, but that seems a lot less likely now. The untitled Game of Thrones prequel series starring Naomi Watts, which had already shot a pilot, was passed on by the network, killing the story before it even started.

According to a new report from Deadline, HBO has opted not to move forward with the first Game of Thrones prequel series from writer Jane Goldman. Of the various Game of Thrones series at HBO, this prequel was easily the furthest along, meaning that the first spinoff probably won't actually air for some time.

This prequel was set to take place thousands of years before the events of the main Game of Thrones series, dealing with issues of power, race, and the introduction of the White Walkers. In addition to Watts, the cast of the prequel included Josh Whitehouse, Miranda Richardson, Jamie Campbell Bower, Toby Regbo, Georgie Henley, Alex Sharp, Naomi Ackie, Marquis Rodriguez, John Simms, Richard McCabe, John Heffernan, And Dixie Egerickx.

A second prequel was greenlit by HBO last month, this one much more closely tied to the original series. The pilot of this series comes from George RR Martin and Ryan Condal, and takes place about 300 years before Game of Thrones. It will reportedly focus on the fall of House Targaryen.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/10/29/game-of-thrones-prequel-hbo-cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR3kVm0uXVZqkbfmfPJSTDUy42IBH-oTv76Y76GNZdwLcKaEkH8MmufVsec

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #1414 on: October 29, 2019, 07:18:08 PM »
One is enough.

Hopefully, GRRM stays for the series ending this time.  HBO execs can't be that stupid.  Along with dragons I'd like to see more historic Unsullied battles esp Qohor.  Maybe show the life of an Unsullied teen til adulthood.   

I've read some interesting takes that make the opposite argument. Grrm has said that the show's ending is basically what's going to happen in the books.  It's interesting that the show seemed to be broadcasting a different ending and D&D seemed to check out creatively a few seasons before the end, or right around the time Martin told them how his story wraps up. Obviously, they could've plotted their own conclusion, but I have been wondering lately if they were unhappy with the ending, too.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1415 on: October 30, 2019, 04:35:33 AM »

BEST SEASON! :D
Q

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1416 on: October 30, 2019, 10:56:48 AM »
Good news.

Star Wars Trilogy Canceled as D.B. Weiss and David Benioff Exit

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1417 on: October 30, 2019, 11:05:44 AM »
Good news.

Away with Dumb and Dumber!

Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1418 on: October 30, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »
One is enough.

I've read some interesting takes that make the opposite argument. Grrm has said that the show's ending is basically what's going to happen in the books.  It's interesting that the show seemed to be broadcasting a different ending and D&D seemed to check out creatively a few seasons before the end, or right around the time Martin told them how his story wraps up. Obviously, they could've plotted their own conclusion, but I have been wondering lately if they were unhappy with the ending, too.

Wouldn’t that be something.  People bagging on the show writers but it turns out it was the OG himself GRRM that made up this shitty ending.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1419 on: October 30, 2019, 01:51:45 PM »
Good news.

Yes, good news.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1420 on: November 01, 2019, 09:47:36 AM »
Good news.

Netflix just dropped 250 mil for these 2 clowns for original programming. I think execs missed GOT when those 2 ran out of source material and had to actually write original stories.   

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1421 on: March 09, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »
Game of Thrones' Jack Gleeson Returning to Acting After Six-Year TV Retirement

After six years off TV, Game of Thrones' King Joffrey is making his comeback. Translation? Jack Gleeson has his first TV role in six years since his Game of Thrones character was killed off in 2014.

Gleeson will appear in Out of Her Mind, a six-part comedy on BBC Two. Sara Pascoe wrote and will star in the series. The cast also includes Juliet Stevenson, Fiona Button, Cariad Lloyd, Adrian Edmonson, Navin Chowdhry, Sean Gilder, Tom Stuart, Scroobius Pip, Jumayn Hunter, Sheila Reid, Cash Holland, Lorraine Ashbourne and Cian Barry.

According to BBC Two, Out of Her Mind will explore heartbreak, family and how to survive both. The comedy will include a mix of animation as well as scientific explanation.

"Out of Her Mind is a direct expression of my mind. We've turned my brain into a theme-park, and everyone's invited! The cast are INCREDIBLE and I can't wait for people to see what we've made," Pascoe said in a statement.
Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Miles Ketley and Pascoe will executive producer. Catherine Gosling Fuller will produce the show, the Blaine Brothers will direct.

After his character's death on Game of Thrones, Gleeson said he intended to retire from acting.

"The answer isn't interesting or long-winded. I've been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to. And now there's the prospect of doing it for a living, whereas up until now it was always something I did for recreation with my friends, or in the summer for some fun. I enjoyed it. When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It's not like I hate it, it's just not what I want to do," he told EW.

No premiere date for Out of Her Mind has been set yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/game-of-thrones-jack-gleeson-returning-to-acting-after-six-year-tv-retirement/ar-BB10X9mG?ocid=spartandhp&pfr=1

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1422 on: April 28, 2021, 05:27:05 PM »
The first set photos to emerge from HBO's upcoming Game of Thrones prequel, House of the Dragon, reveal peeks at Matt Smith and Emma D'Arcy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9518859/House-Dragon-LOOK-Matt-Smith-Emma-DArcy-film-Cornwall-beach.html

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1423 on: April 29, 2021, 01:45:26 AM »
The first set photos to emerge from HBO's upcoming Game of Thrones prequel, House of the Dragon, reveal peeks at Matt Smith and Emma D'Arcy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9518859/House-Dragon-LOOK-Matt-Smith-Emma-DArcy-film-Cornwall-beach.html

I love the beauty that is in front of me and I feel that my life is long
because I enjoy beauty, a beautiful body and a feminine face represented by chocolate and cream.
Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1424 on: April 29, 2021, 02:28:44 AM »

Emma is an excellent actress.  Dance of the Dragons will easily match the 1st 4 seasons of GOT.

Titan's Daughter to Braavos.  8)