Author Topic: i  (Read 85002 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: P90x vs Insanity vs GSP Rushfit - which would you pick?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 08:23:59 AM »
Have to check that book out. 

I have to say , Rushfit is fucking great so far.    he main force behind this is Eric owings, a Renzo Gracie black belt, not GSP, and this program is killer. 

wish I found this sooner.   
check out 'Never Gymless' first

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 10:01:45 AM »
I have to say , Rushfit is fucking great so far.    he main force behind this is Eric owings, a Renzo Gracie black belt, not GSP, and this program is killer. 

wish I found this sooner.   

Do you think this is something that can be combined with strength training in the same week, or is it a program that doesn't allow for it, or is too taxing?
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
Neither. The injury reports are coming in with "p90x and soon will be with "rush" fitness. Both are gimmicks along.the lines.of "crossfit".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »
Cming from a guy who has been doing track n field , bodybuilding, etc since 16 yo now 37, tbh, I'm loving Rushfit.

Have done 5 bodybuilding shows, and these workouts show far more results in far shorter time than other stuff I tried. 

I have to be honest, someone without a base probably would get wrecked w this.   

Not really. Overuse of anything eventually causes injury. You have GSP endorsing this shit but in reality it's an overhyped aerobics class, like "insanity", like p90x.

GSP left Jonathan Chaimberg (a GREAT S&C coach) for the $$$ to endorse rushfit. Now...in is last fight although he was conditioned he was also weak with a lot less power than previous. Quit falling for the bullshit gimmicks. This is no better than a "Zumba" class.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 08:25:12 PM »
I definately agree that this is probably more than for the average Joe.   I have two decades of various stuff under my belt. 

Just saying, in two weeks I am seeing more results than from anything else I have done in a long time. 

Hey, as long as you're seeing results WITHOUT injuries in your activity, it works.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
 ;D

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
Looks like they followed the 90x and insanity model. Guys that lift make fun of these programs but they are as hard as you want to make them.  Truth be told most bodybuilders couldn't keep up with an advanced crossfit, p90x or insanity group. They lack true conditioning. Strength is worthless without power and gas in the tank.  

Fitness has always been as hard as you make it.  Nothing has ever changed.  P90x, rushfit, crossfit, etc is just bullshit made out of thin air to attract $

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
Who that unhappy dude in the lower right hand of the pic
 ;D.

Haha, I was (we all were) tired as hell and especially not looking forward to the next flight. I hate flying and that week we had to travel to 6 different cities. The Mexican dude in back is Rampages boxing coach, he gets so scared to fly I had to get him TOTALLY lit just to get him on the plane. Hahahahahah!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »

did you at least say to GSP "I'm not impressed by your performance" for shits and giggles? 

Nah, that was before he sold out to "rushfit". He's a good guy, still a fan and still talk once in a while but he made a mistake breaking away from Jon. I've always said that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
I have completed three weeks of Rushfit

Belt size down by one or two notches.   Legs look separated and thick. 

Down about 10 lbs so far and feel GREAT.   

I'm getting better at some of the exercises since it's third go around.   Balance and Agility is still 25 minutes of hell. 

Friends are asking me what I am doing.   These workouts , while 45 minutes at best, leave me drenched in sweat and almost shaking at the end.   

Lot of focus on core, abs, and legs.   

so far so good.   
I just started Tapout XT, its pretty brutal.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »
I plan on doing that next.   

My GF is PISSED since I am rapidly getting back to my old body.   GF loves when you look like shit since other women won't look at you. 

I'm loving Rushfit.   I have an extra room in my office I converted into a workout room.   I set up some 3/4 mats of about 6 x 10 feet along w the DVDs on a laptop w extra speakers and I'm good to go. 

Tap out xt looks real good for shedding fat.
lol, I just got Insanity.  We should be able to give some real good info.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »
Screw old-school cardio.  This type of training works best to burn fat (especially if you are natural)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 08:21:32 AM »
The gay is strong in this thread.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 08:51:03 AM »

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »
I have completed three weeks of Rushfit

Belt size down by one or two notches.   Legs look separated and thick. 

Down about 10 lbs so far and feel GREAT.   

I'm getting better at some of the exercises since it's third go around.   Balance and Agility is still 25 minutes of hell. 

Friends are asking me what I am doing.   These workouts , while 45 minutes at best, leave me drenched in sweat and almost shaking at the end.   

Lot of focus on core, abs, and legs.   

so far so good.   

Are you doing anything else such as lifting weights or aerobics?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »
I tried P90x for about 2 months.  Just like any new routine I had trouble with some workouts but others seemed easy.  The shitty part was sometimes he transitioned too fast between excersices and I still was able to do more reps.

After doing each workout for a 4th time the difficulty went away and it just got boring.  The yoga one for 90 minutes was hard at first but again it just got annoying twisting myself and holding it while listening to his constant talking.
The abs at first seemed hard as well but within a week I was breezing through it.

Did I notice any results, a little but not much.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 11:04:16 AM »
Holy shit!  I just did the Insanity fit test for the first day of the program.  I feel like I am gonna throw up right now.  Not easy by any means. I can see how people can get ripped up after two months @ 6 days a week.  Note:  If you are a fat fuck (ala panda) you won't see a six pack after 2 months.  These are great programs to get and maintain an athletic look.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
I advise anyone who tries these programs to be careful (especially if you are really out of shape)  I can see people dropping of heart attacks.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

Insanity is more of a lung burner from what i understand that the others. 

Do they offer alternative exercises if you can't do the main one?
I'm not sure yet as this was my first day of the program.  They did say you could stop at anytime to catch your breathe if it was too much to handle.  Hell, I got fucking got light headed and threw up a little.  It ain't easy.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »
I know some people who did P90x... They liked it.

I'm not really into it, but hey, give it a shot and report back... Let us know what's up.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2012, 10:27:29 AM »

How would you know what the best cardio for naturals is?  You look like shit.

It is your first day of the program.  Yet, you know that this is the best way for naturals to do cardio. ???

You are basing this on what?  That you are incredibly tired and throwing up and exhausted?  So, you claim that this is the best way for naturals to do cardio.  Are you talking about maintaining muscle mass and strength while losing bodyfat?  Or are you talking about improving cardiovascular shape while maintaining muscle size, fullness, and strength?  So, after your first day, you know all of this.  I think you are throwing up because you are fat and out of shape.  I dont think you know how to maintain muscle and strength while improving cardio and losing bodyfat.  Judging by your picture.

:-*

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 06:43:21 PM »
I used to train with a guy who was athletic looking, not huge, more a basketball type.
Then he stopped weightlifting for a while because of work, got a little chubby and started insanity since that was the hype and guaranteed results.
I saw him after 4 months insanity and I didn't even recognize him. Good thing his wife was with him because I passed him straight but saw the wife, then looked at him again and figured it must be him.
The guy looked like a stick, with some flab still.
He told me he wanted to look like before again and get rid of the flab, he said he felt and looked like a wimp.
He started weights again with us and looks athletic again (no flab).
I heard more stories like this (people getting too skinny with p90x, insanity, but still have some flab), so I hope you can report better things then that about Rushfit in 2 months (i.e. still full, with abs, no flabs)
With your 5 bodybuilding competitions under your belt you know a thing or 2 on how to recognize metabolism shutdown and to eat your way back to fullness.
Good going, keep up the good work, let me know when you start the Tapout XT.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 07:36:48 PM »
You did that already, or not?
A lot of up and down exercises w weights.   It's like grab two 15lb dumbbells.  Squat, kick legs out, do dumbbell row w each arm , push up, squat up, upright row, overhead press, and then repeat same sequence for 2 minutes, then two minutes of get ups w the dumbbell, followed by minute of something elese.    

One minute rest, then do four more five minute rounds of similar type stuff.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »
I think that is a solid plan as well.
In terms of dieting/exercises, do you think with this Rushfit program it is balanced enough to develop musclemass without looking like a stick or do you think it's geared too much to losing weight (little attention being paid to whether that could be muscle mass or fat weight).

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »

holy fuck people are dumb.

show some discipline at the dinner table. train with weights. do moderate cardio. and you'll have a healthy balanced lifestyle. it's pretty fucking simple. but no, search out some magic routine that costs you money to get your ass kicked for an hour a day, and in all likely hood not correct the problem that started it all in the first place- over eating and being lazy.

makes perfect sense to me.  ::)

b