Author Topic: Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own" - lmfao!!  (Read 44913 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Refusal to answer noted. 

I guess you dont want to get into your political views on the politics board.  ::)

You would just rather call me a retard and level mental illness claims at others.

Very enlightened, you are. ::)

I've answered your question multiple times

I can't help it if you don't understand

don't you have parents you can ask these simple question to ?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I think Obama on this statement is mostly accurate... I mean... Today, if I ship something, or I sell a product... Often times I'm using SOMETHING that the US Government has assisted in.

Sure, my Tax dollars were a part of it, along with many other people, but that doesn't take anything away from the idea or the process or whatever it is that is making money... We live in society... Society is here to enhance our lives... That's what it's for.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I think Obama on this statement is mostly accurate... I mean... Today, if I ship something, or I sell a product... Often times I'm using SOMETHING that the US Government has assisted in.

Sure, my Tax dollars were a part of it, along with many other people, but that doesn't take anything away from the idea or the process or whatever it is that is making money... We live in society... Society is here to enhance our lives... That's what it's for.

The govt is not society. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Oh, sorry i forgot.  Your answer was to ask me where i live and that im supposed to ask fred phelps.  ::)

Do you wear a tin foil hat?

obviously you're unaware  of the challeges to Fred  Phelps right to free speech

I assume, of course, that your ignorance is feigned but if it's genuine then clearly I have been wasting my time with you

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
The govt is not society. 

No... but they enable society to do many things and they are a PART of society.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No... but they enable society to do many things and they are a PART of society.

Without taxpayers and productive businesses F I R S T the govt cant do squat. 

That is what obama and his gang of lemmings fails to exist.  the very same things he wants to credit businesses success for are also present in communist dictatorships.  Guess who those marxist hell holes all fail? 

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
According to Obama:  

Someone who runs a marathon should be grateful since someone else ran those 26 miles.  

Someone who lost a lot of weight via exercise should be grateful because someone else ran those miles, staved themselves, and exercsed.  

Let's start with the fact that Romney agrees 100% with Obama's contention, as you can hear from Romney's own mouth in my previous post.  Now, I will help your analogies actually make sense as per the speeches by Obama and Romney.  

According to Obama (I assume you read and/or saw the full speech) and Romney, someone who runs a marathon "should be grateful" that they have roads and paths to run on that were paid for by taxes.  If it is private property, then they should be grateful for the public roads they used to get to the marathon.  If they were motivated by anyone to get into marathons, they should be grateful for those people.  If they were motivated to run after seeing something on the internet, they should be grateful that the government created the internet.

According to Obama and Romney, someone who lost a lot of weight via exercise "should be grateful" because they learned how to do so via a book, t.v. show, the internet, family member, friend, tips on food products at grocery stores, etc.  Moreover, the food they eat is regulated by the USDA.

In case you missed it (from July 18, 2012):

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Let's start with the fact that Romney agrees 100% with Obama's contention, as you can hear from Romney's own mouth in my previous post.  Now, I will help your analogies actually make sense as per the speeches by Obama and Romney.  

According to Obama (I assume you read and/or saw the full speech) and Romney someone who runs a marathon should be grateful that they have roads and paths to run on that were paid for by taxes.  If it is private property, then they should be grateful for the public roads they used to get to the marathon.  If they were motivated by anyone to get into marathons, they should be grateful for those people.  If they were motivated to run after seeing something on the internet, they should be grateful that the government created the internet.

According to Obama and Romney, someone who lost a lot of weight via exercise should be grateful because they learned how to do so via a book, t.v. show, the internet, family member, friend, tips on food products at grocery stores, etc.  Moreover, the food they eat is regulated by the USDA.

In case you missed it (from July 18, 2012):

We pay taxes for all this govt remember?  We have nothing at all to be grateful or indebted to anyone for.   

SLYY

• Getbig IV

We pay taxes for all this govt remember?  We have nothing at all to be grateful or indebted to anyone for.   

I almost forgot, but then I reviewed the Romney clip and remembered.  You wouldn't use your personal funds to build roads for public use, would you? 

We have so many infrastructure issues in America at the moment, as I'm sure you know.  So, let's do this: No one pay taxes anymore.  Let's see how the infrastructure issues will be remedied.  Maybe Romney will assist with his personal funds?  We won't have police or an army anymore, that shouldn't be a concern...should it?

Yes, we pay taxes and the government does things with that money which allows us to run businesses, run marathons, eat regulated food, be protected from other countries, be protected in our own country, etc.

If you disagree with the idea of taxes or what Obama said the day before Romney repeated, so be it.  Just recognize that both candidates share the same view on this topic. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I almost forgot, but then I reviewed the Romney clip and remembered.  You wouldn't use your personal funds to build roads for public use, would you? 

We have so many infrastructure issues in America at the moment, as I'm sure you know.  So, let's do this: No one pay taxes anymore.  Let's see how the infrastructure issues will be remedied.  Maybe Romney will assist with his personal funds?  We won't have police or an army anymore, that shouldn't be a concern...should it?

Yes, we pay taxes and the government does things with that money which allows us to run businesses, run marathons, eat regulated food, be protected from other countries, be protected in our own country, etc.

If you disagree with the idea of taxes or what Obama said the day before Romney repeated, so be it.  Just recognize that both candidates share the same view on this topic. 

Oh please - we are already raped w taxes and tolls and fines and surcharges that are ever increasing and things get worse and worse.   

So yeah, let's pay more and see what happens.   ::)  ::)

SLYY

• Getbig IV

Oh please - we are already raped w taxes and tolls and fines and surcharges that are ever increasing and things get worse and worse.  

So yeah, let's pay more and see what happens.   ::)  ::)

Please quote me where I said anything related to, "let's pay more and see what happens."

It is a good way to deter attention from a thread you started where you were "lmao" due to a comment by Obama, only to have Romney repeat it the next day.  But, I will wait for the quote nonetheless...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Without taxpayers and productive businesses F I R S T the govt cant do squat. 

That is what obama and his gang of lemmings fails to exist.  the very same things he wants to credit businesses success for are also present in communist dictatorships.  Guess who those marxist hell holes all fail? 

It's not a which came first scenario in my mind... It's more of a cyclical thing. Even from before 1776... Who funded the people to get to the US in first place? I believe it was governments who were putting people on boats to even found the "New World".

Who in turn got their money from people in their previous countries.. It's just the circle of life.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It's not a which came first scenario in my mind... It's more of a cyclical thing. Even from before 1776... Who funded the people to get to the US in first place? I believe it was governments who were putting people on boats to even found the "New World".

Who in turn got their money from people in their previous countries.. It's just the circle of life.

Would you agree that if we are going to be consistent that if Obama wants to credit the govt and government spending for the success of business, I can just as easily blame govt spending on welfare for the destruction of the inner city as well as the failure of the education system? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Would you agree that if we are going to be consistent that if Obama wants to credit the govt and government spending for the success of business, I can just as easily blame govt spending on welfare for the destruction of the inner city as well as the failure of the education system? 

Inner City... Yes... Education problems are due to parents that do not give a shit about their children... So o.

But if you want to stretch it and say that the inner city youths parents who don't give a shit because the inner city is shitty, then I will accept that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Inner City... Yes... Education problems are due to parents that do not give a shit about their children... So o.

But if you want to stretch it and say that the inner city youths parents who don't give a shit because the inner city is shitty, then I will accept that.

and businesses succeed, OR FAIL, due to their own merits and business performance, not the govt (Unless you are a corporate crony of course like GE for example) 

SLYY

• Getbig IV

It's becoming more clear that you didn't listen to or read Obama's speech.  To simplify things, just read the quote you used to start this thread.  Parents, teachers, friends, acquaintances, the police, the government, a television show, a pet, etc. - the list can go on forever regarding who helped someone (or a business) become successful.

Regarding your next contention about who to blame for failures.  See my list above.  Just as Tu Holmes said, parents can be at fault as well as an infinite list of other reasons.  However, neither Obama nor Romney touched on the reasons for failure.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
and businesses succeed, OR FAIL, due to their own merits and business performance, not the govt (Unless you are a corporate crony of course like GE for example) 

In many cases yes... Again, I'm not saying that there are not decisions made that cause success that have nothing to do with government, but let's be clear, businesses use government funded and managed things ALL of the time... From roadways, to the post office.

(The post office is self sufficient and tax dollars do not go to the post office)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It's becoming more clear that you didn't listen to or read Obama's speech.  Just read the quote you used to start this thread.  Parents, teachers, friends, acquaintances, the police, the government, a television show, a pet, etc. - the list can go on forever regarding who helped someone (or a business) become successful.

Regarding your next contention about who to blame for failures.  See my list above.  Just as Tu Holmes said, parents can be at fault as well as an infinite list of other reasons.  However, neither Obama nor Romney touched on the reasons for failure.

He did not say that.   He said he had to laugh at people who thought they did it on their own and then rattled off govt spending.

So again - like I asked - if you want govt to get credit , you equally should blame the govt where it fucks up as well.  But that NEVEr happens w people like obama.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
In many cases yes... Again, I'm not saying that there are not decisions made that cause success that have nothing to do with government, but let's be clear, businesses use government funded and managed things ALL of the time... From roadways, to the post office.

(The post office is self sufficient and tax dollars do not go to the post office)

Again - WE PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FOR THOSE THINGS NOW, NOTHING IS FREE OR A GIFT. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Again - WE PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FOR THOSE THINGS NOW, NOTHING IS FREE OR A GIFT. 

Who the fuck said anything about something being FREE?!?!

No one!!!

The point is that the business is not 100 percent self sufficient on it's own either!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Who the fuck said anything about something being FREE?!?!

No one!!!

The point is that the business is not 100 percent self sufficient on it's own either!

The government as we have it does not exist unless there is enough business and tax revenue to fund the the govt.  Businesses can figure out how to operate without the govt, govt without taxpayer money can not.     

BTW - Obama was also dead wrong about the internet as well.  It was never created as a way to enhance or facilitate commerce.  It was for the military computers,

Finally - obama wants tot ake credit for businesses success, why not the failures and businesses that were and are forced to shut down due to govt action? 

Can't have it both ways. 

SLYY

• Getbig IV
He did not say that.   He said he had to laugh at people who thought they did it on their own and then rattled off govt spending.

So again - like I asked - if you want govt to get credit , you equally should blame the govt where it fucks up as well.  But that NEVEr happens w people like obama.   

Yes, he did say it.  Here is a quote from the speech, "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help."  Somebody includes, parents, friends, teachers, (as he stated next and that includes public AND private  ;)) etc.

Since Obama AND Romney believe that government (and/or the people in your life) help create success, you will have to ask both of them their opinion on who to blame for failure.

SLYY

• Getbig IV

BTW - Obama was also dead wrong about the internet as well.  It was never created as a way to enhance or facilitate commerce.  It was for the military computers,

Obama said, "Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

Government did in fact create the internet for military purposes (as the government and military are one in the same).  Thereafter, all companies were able to profit from the internet which (not to beat a dead horse...) was created by the military.  This is exactly what his sentence said.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It's becoming more clear that you didn't listen to or read Obama's speech.  To simplify things, just read the quote you used to start this thread.  Parents, teachers, friends, acquaintances, the police, the government, a television show, a pet, etc. - the list can go on forever regarding who helped someone (or a business) become successful.

it wouldn't matter if he listened or not

he chooses to hear and see things that were never said

this is something he does all the time yet even when pointed out to him can't seem to understand it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

What created this great system were not teachers, roads or bridges or the internet. 

What created the system was the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and BOR to allow individuals and businesses to free and pursue their wishes by and large without undue govt restraint. 

Roads Bridges, and teachers exist in NK, Cuba, Albania, and the old USSR correct?  Why did they not succeed?