Author Topic: "Republicans will put Y'All back in Chains"  (Read 12861 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Biden to Blacks: "Republicans will put Y'All back in Chains"
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 05:05:01 AM »
Home  > News  > columnists Biden gets in mud pit, plays the race card

John Kass

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-met-kass-0815-20120815,0,1133578.column

August 15, 2012

Is it too late for President Barack Obama to pick up the phone, call Hillary Rodham Clinton and dump Vice President Joe Biden for playing the race card against Republican Mitt Romney?

Yep. It's probably too late, y'all.

For years, Biden has suffered from a terrible affliction called Verpes (pronounced Vur-peez), the slang name for verbal herpes, from the Latin herpius verbulus. It comes from repeatedly taking your shoe with your foot still inside it and shoving it all the way into your mouth so that it smacks that little punching bag thing back there called a uvula.

Biden has had Verpes for years. This became apparent in 2006, when he was caught on C-SPAN greeting a supporter of Indian descent and telling him, "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

He wasn't joking then, and he wasn't joking in Virginia on Tuesday.

Biden took a race card from the deck of Team Obama 2012, and stuck that race card to the tip of his shoe, and then slammed the whole darn thing into his mouth so hard that it must have scraped off half of the vice presidential taste buds.

"Look at what they value and look at their budget and what they're proposing," Biden said of the Republicans at a campaign stop in Danville, Va. "Romney wants to let the — he said in the first 100 days he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules."

Then it happened. Biden began waving his right hand, palm up, and he adopted what he must have thought was the accent of a black minister.

"Unchain Wall Street," said Preacher Joe, reaching to the heavens, "They're going to put y'all back in chains."

Y'all.

Is that how people in Delaware talk? Or is it how white Democratic politicians speak when they're using dialect to talk down to black voters? What's next, Preacher Joe? Spirituals? Or are you going to carry around copies of "A Raisin in the Sun" and "To Kill a Mockingbird"?

Team Obama tried to defend Biden, but it was nonsensical babbling. And the Republicans were eager to pounce.

"The comments made by the vice president of the United States are not acceptable in our political discourse and demonstrate yet again that the Obama campaign will say and do anything to win this election," said Andrea Saul, Romney's press secretary. "President Obama should tell the American people whether he agrees with Joe Biden's comments."

Biden isn't just some hack on the stump. He's the vice president. And he clearly played the race card and the slavery card. Biden may have been talking to all of his audience when he used the word "y'all," since both blacks and whites use the term in the South. But the "back in chains" part wasn't for whites because whites weren't the ones in chains in Virginia.

It should be a defining moment in the campaign, but that depends on people in my business. Only a few weeks ago, Obama personally slapped small-business owners in the face, telling them "you didn't build that" about their businesses, as if some benevolent Obamaesque government shouldered the load. And immediately, many in my line of work twisted themselves like Gumby to argue he didn't mean it the way it sounded.

But Biden meant what he said. It was ugly and racist and crude. He knew what he was doing.

If this were the last presidential election, the one of hope and change, Obama would have to dump him for sure. But now the president is fighting for his political life, and he'll do what they all do, fight to win, whether it's in an alley or a mud pit.

Yet back in 2008, Obama was the messianic figure determined to transcend "the broken politics of the past" and all that other baby talk that City Hall mouthpiece Dave Axelrod offered up to wiggly, adoring journalists. Back then, Obama would have no choice. He would have been expected to thwack Biden publicly, then pick him up by the tail and spin him around some before whomping him against a light pole — the way you might have to whomp a rabid cat that attacked you in your driveway.

Should Hillary Clinton come to Obama's rescue? Why should she? When she and Obama faced off for the 2008 presidential nomination, Clinton and her husband, the former president, had the race card played against them by Team Obama. Bill had dared to suggest that Obama's Democratic primary victory in South Carolina was similar to past victories there by the Rev. Jesse Jackson. For daring to state the obvious, the Clintons were savaged. Bill Clinton said it was Obama's campaign that injected the race issue.

"I think that they played the race card on me," a still furious Clinton said in a radio interview after the campaign was over. "And we now know, from memos from the campaign and everything, that they planned to do it all along. I was stating a fact, and it's still a fact."

For all his vulgarity and faux-preacher dialect and smarmy pol tricks in Virginia, Biden showed the American people what they can expect from the Obama campaign in the months ahead. And he distilled the Obama re-election effort down to its basic elements:

Class war and race.

Y'all.

jskass@tribune.com

Twitter @John_Kass

Copyright © 2012, Chicago Tribune

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Biden to Blacks: "Republicans will put Y'All back in Chains"
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:30 AM »
completely classless move.  And my guess - completely intentional to rally the base like that.  the VP actually put the image into the mind of voters that ryan/romney will enslave them.  Beyond reproach, but intentional, i'm sure.  Biden been doing this for 30 years and has made it to the #2 spot of power in the USA.  He's no dummy ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: "Republicans will put Y'All back in Chains"
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:43 AM »
3333, you stupid fucking moron... You think Y'all is a black thing ::)  

You're in the city.  You're from the city... yea... You should probably shut the fuck up about shit you don't know about outside your urban shithole.  You so self owned on this you fucking idiot ::)

LOL

fucking idiot!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:12 AM »
i dont care about 'yall' wording.  I use that all the time.  I TYPE that shit lol.

But the chains reference - totally out of line there.  Referencing slavery while in the south, pointed directly at the candidate who bragged about his english/Anglo connection. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 06:02:44 AM »
3333, you stupid fucking moron... You think Y'all is a black thing ::)  

You're in the city.  You're from the city... yea... You should probably shut the fuck up about shit you don't know about outside your urban shithole.  You so self owned on this you fucking idiot ::)

LOL

fucking idiot!!!!

Please show me one other rally where Biden said "Y'll" in front of only white crowd. 

You can't.  Biden was race baiting and the crowd knew it. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 06:04:36 AM »
i dont care about 'yall' wording.  I use that all the time.  I TYPE that shit lol.

But the chains reference - totally out of line there.  Referencing slavery while in the south, pointed directly at the candidate who bragged about his english/Anglo connection. 

oh who gives a fucking shit... I love how everyone bitches about political correctness until something is said that upsets them then oh hell no ::)  get over it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 06:08:50 AM »
oh who gives a fucking shit... I love how everyone bitches about political correctness until something is said that upsets them then oh hell no ::)  get over it.

Its the double standards that the leftists act towards their messiahs like obama and bite me.   

Had Ryan said this to a black audience he would be forced to step aside. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 06:09:04 AM »
oh who gives a fucking shit... I love how everyone bitches about political correctness until something is said that upsets them then oh hell no ::)  get over it.

are you saying the pasty obese john sununu is feigning being offeded?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 06:10:13 AM »

Please show me one other rally where Biden said "Y'll" in front of only white crowd. 

Biden was race baiting with the chains part.

"Yall" is how people speak in the south.  As a proud NYer, you don't claim to be an expert on Southern vernacular, do you?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 06:10:24 AM »

I don't have to show you jack shit. Y'all is not a black saying idiot.  That's a fucking fact.  You're trying to say it is?  I'm sure some blacks say it but it's not known as a black saying whatsoever.  whites say that shit all across the south and into the upper west states..  You are freaking clueless on this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 06:14:11 AM »
I don't have to show you jack shit. Y'all is not a black saying idiot.  That's a fucking fact.  You're trying to say it is?  I'm sure some blacks say it but it's not known as a black saying whatsoever.  whites say that shit all across the south and into the upper west states..  You are freaking clueless on this.

"y'all in chains"

Nothing wrong there.   ::)  ::)  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 06:46:57 AM »
Palin calls on Obama to dump Biden in favor of Hillary Clinton
 Daily Mail UK ^ | 8/15/2012 | Toby Harnden

Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:03:31 AM

Sarah Palin has said that Joe Biden’s controversial ‘put y’all back in chains’ comment should be the ‘nail in the coffin’ for his career and suggested Barack Obama replace him on the 2012 ticket with Hillary Clinton.

She added that she hoped Obama would not take such a step because ‘an Obama/Clinton ticket would have a darn good chance of winning’.

But Palin’s unsolicited advice to Obama, while clearly mischievous, underlines the extent to which Biden has become a national laughing stock and a potential liability for the Democrats, despite his popularity among party activists and much-vaunted authentic style and working class roots.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 06:51:41 AM »
Palin calls on Obama to dump Biden in favor of Hillary Clinton
 Daily Mail UK ^ | 8/15/2012 | Toby Harnden

Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:03:31 AM

Sarah Palin has said that Joe Biden’s controversial ‘put y’all back in chains’ comment should be the ‘nail in the coffin’ for his career and suggested Barack Obama replace him on the 2012 ticket with Hillary Clinton.

She added that she hoped Obama would not take such a step because ‘an Obama/Clinton ticket would have a darn good chance of winning’.

But Palin’s unsolicited advice to Obama, while clearly mischievous, underlines the extent to which Biden has become a national laughing stock and a potential liability for the Democrats, despite his popularity among party activists and much-vaunted authentic style and working class roots.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

posting from palin  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D most people don,t care what trailer trash thinks  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 06:52:20 AM »
EDITORIAL: Biden: Back on the chain gang

Obama campaign takes race-mongering to new low

Vice President Joe Biden told a racially mixed audience Wednesday that if Republicans take back the White House, "They're going to put y'all back in chains." It's hard to say what is more offensive: Mr. Biden's overt use of inflammatory racial symbolism, or someone from Delaware saying "y'all."

Stephanie Cutter, the Obama campaign's apply-named hatchet man, claimed Mr. Biden was "using a metaphor to talk about what's going to happen" and that "the bottom line is that we have no problem with those comments." That makes sense. There's no reason for the Obama campaign to apologize because hacking at the raw wound of racism is critical to the Democrats' reelection strategy.

This race is about race because if it were about issues, Democrats would lose. Mr. Obama's moribund economic record would guarantee that. Democrats haven't fared well with majority white voters generally at the presidential level. According to Gallup, the only Democratic presidential nominee to win a majority of the white vote in the last 60 years was Lyndon Johnson in 1964. Currently, white men favor Mr. Romney by a 24-point margin, and white women back the Republican ticket by 7 percent, according to Gallup.

White voters are still an overwhelming majority, but Democrats calculate there are enough self-loathing liberals of pallor who will vote for Mr. Obama even as they are being castigated for their ethnicity. Victor Davis Hanson wrote in National Review that the campaign is trying to convince independent white voters that voting for Mitt Romney will mean "becoming socially unacceptable; it will be tantamount to embracing a Neanderthal sort of mindset that opposes Obama not on his disastrous economic policies but simply because of his race."

Racial code language and anti-white statements are being tolerated, even lauded, in ways that would spark a firestorm of indignation if directed at any other ethnic group. Def Jam Records co-founder Russell Simmons wrote that Mr. Romney and his running-mate Rep. Paul Ryan are "two men who will destroy our people and laugh all the way to the bank with their rich friends." MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry quipped that Mr. Ryan quoting the Declaration of Independence, "is a lovely thing to say as a wealthy white man." She accused him of "misusing" Jefferson's words by downplaying what she "as an African-American woman" sees as the central role of government in the "pursuit of happiness."

Mrs. Harris-Perry echoed an important Obama campaign theme, tying identity politics to government handouts. What black leaders once denounced as racism - namely the implication that minorities must be dependent on government to survive - the Obama White House embraces as a symbol of dignity.

This racial jiu-jitsu can backfire. Democrats have abandoned what was promised to be one of Mr. Obama's strengths in 2008: his alleged ability to rise above the racial divide. Now the president has given up pretending to usher in a post-racial America because his political future depends on exacerbating racial tensions. Mr. Obama no longer seeks to heal the breach but to rub salt in the wound.

The Washington Times

© Copyright 2012 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Obama is stuck in the gutter where he never left. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 06:52:44 AM »
The use of "Y'all" isn't the problem as it is part of the local dialect although it makes Biden sound like a fucking imbecile and a total idiot.

The problem is the use of "Put ya'll back in chains" Seriously, besides it being a total scare tactic and a lie, who the hell do you think that was really coded for? Whites in chains? Uh, no..... It was meant for blacks and blacks alone.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 07:12:54 AM »
The use of "Y'all" isn't the problem as it is part of the local dialect although it makes Biden sound like a fucking imbecile and a total idiot.

The problem is the use of "Put ya'll back in chains" Seriously, besides it being a total scare tactic and a lie, who the hell do you think that was really coded for? Whites in chains? Uh, no..... It was meant for blacks and blacks alone.

Of course. It is plain and simple. But the liberal idiots on this board, including the posting moderator, are too stupid to comprehend such basic logic. The scary part is that those buffoons get to vote. USA will never recover.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 07:15:09 AM »
Of course. It is plain and simple. But the liberal idiots on this board, including the posting moderator, are too stupid to comprehend such basic logic. The scary part is that those buffoons get to vote. USA will never recover.

Remember  - they voted for these two bufoons in the WH. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:38 AM »
Blacks didn`t have to be put in chains at all in the South. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 07:20:20 AM »
"John Brown's effort was peculiar. It was not a slave insurrection. It was an attempt by white men to get up a revolt among slaves, in which the slaves refused to participate."
Abraham Lincoln--February 27, 1860

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 07:21:30 AM »
All throughout slavery there never once was a slave insurrection by slaves.  There were no chains.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 07:23:42 AM »

There were White Slaves in the South.  Many were debtors to an estate or simply bought and paid for on the auction block.  The white slave population was pretty large at one point.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 07:26:04 AM »
There were White Slaves in the South.  Many were debtors to an estate or simply bought and paid for on the auction block.  The white slave population was pretty large at one point.

Shut the fuck up, it's obvious what Smilin' Joe was saying.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ