Author Topic: How sure are you?  (Read 5123 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
How sure are you?
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »
How sure are you about your prediction?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How sure are you?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »
How sure are you about your prediction?

No prediction what happens happens

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 01:08:45 PM »
I seem to remember so many sure Romney/(Obama loses to whoever) voters over the last year

Are sure are they now?

How sure are OB supporters?

Guess your are not too sure whork.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
pretty darn sure

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=446535.0

The study also offers another window on the current presidential contest and the endless debate over what the polls mean. In the last three weeks, polls — including by ABC/Washington Post, Gallup, Politico/George Washington University and Quinnipiac University/New York Times/CBS — have consistently found that more Americans expect President Obama to win than expect Mr. Romney to win. The margins have varied between 13 and 24 percentage points for Mr. Obama among samples of likely voters, registered voters and all adults. The gap is similar to one from a Gallup poll in mid-October 2004, when 56 percent of respondents expected Mr. Bush to win, compared with 36 percent for Mr. Kerry.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
I'm about 65% sure.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
Well, the Redskins just lost at home to the Panthers.

The stat goes that the outcome of a Redskin home game, before election day has predicted the presidential race 95% of the time.

IF the 'Skins win, the party in power in the White House stays there.

If the 'Skins lose, the opposing parting wins.

Panthers 21; Redskins 13.

(Oh, then, there's that little thing of the early voting, with Obama's numbers being way down from 2008).

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 01:43:59 PM »

The stat goes that the outcome of a Redskin home game, before election day has predicted the presidential race 95% of the time.

(Oh, then, there's that little thing of the early voting, with Obama's numbers being way down from 2008).

So all this means.....?   :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 01:46:32 PM »
So all this means.....?   :)

Redskins loss; Obama (Democrat) currently sits in the White House.

I'm going with Romney.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »
So all this means.....?   :)

It's a fact look it up on wiki,I posted it a few days ago

That said I still think Obama wins ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »

The world must be a complicated place for you (above all comprehension) if you think superstition and coincidence guides everything.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 04:25:10 PM »
The world must be a complicated place for you (above all comprehension) if you think superstition and coincidence guides everything.  

McWay believes in talking snakes and a 5000 year old earth and that Jesus left the earth ascended into heaven like an ICBM

believing the outcome of a football game will decide a presidential election is a piece of cake

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 04:26:29 PM »

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »
100% sure of a clear-cut Obama victory.  Made this prediction well over a year ago.

The have-nots outnumber the haves.

The vast majority of major media outlets are nothing more than left-leaning pro-Democrat cheerleaders.

Hollywood is pro-Obama.

More people want shit handed out to them than those who'd rather work for it.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »
100% sure of a clear-cut Obama victory.  Made this prediction well over a year ago.

The have-nots outnumber the haves.

The vast majority of major media outlets are nothing more than left-leaning pro-Democrat cheerleaders.

Hollywood is pro-Obama.

More people want shit handed out to them than those who'd rather work for it.
Is SS and Medicare that people and their employers pay 100s of thousands of dollars into over a career "shit handed out" in your book? Cause its not in mine. If I'm not able to collect on something I'm forced to pay into then I should be able to defer that $ into some other retirement plan. Not just lose it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

Once again, your lack of simple comprehension, to say nothing of your absence of humor, makes your blather even more pathetic than normal (and that takes some doing).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »
McWay believes in talking snakes and a 5000 year old earth and that Jesus left the earth ascended into heaven like an ICBM

believing the outcome of a football game will decide a presidential election is a piece of cake

95% ain't too bad odds. And, it's more accurate and your and Adonis' slobbering over oversampled polls.

;D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
Is SS and Medicare that people and their employers pay 100s of thousands of dollars into over a career "shit handed out" in your book? Cause its not in mine. If I'm not able to collect on something I'm forced to pay into then I should be able to defer that $ into some other retirement plan. Not just lose it.

Yes.  A week-long trip to the hospital would likely cost you over all that money you had to put into Medicare in the first place. 

If you receive a check from the government without actively doing anything for it, you are receiving a "hand-out."  Since this covers about half of all Americans(and rising), then it is obvious that the majority of these people are going to vote for the candidate that can best promise to keep the hand-outs flowing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
95% ain't too bad odds. And, it's more accurate and your and Adonis' slobbering over oversampled polls.

;D

you're the one person on this board who has ranted about polls more in the last 3 weeks then anyone else

why bother when all you had to do was wait for a football game ?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »
you're the one person on this board who has ranted about polls more in the last 3 weeks then anyone else

why bother when all you had to do was wait for a football game ?

You apparently haven't seen all of Blacken's threads.

Besides, every little bit helps.

BTW, you claimed that I didn't care about actual votes. Yet, when I posted the early voting numbers, showing Obama's tally WAY down from 2008, with Romney right behind or ahead of Obama in certain swing states, things got mighty quiet in the peanut gallery.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
I think its too close to call, but I still think Obama will pull it out.

OBAMA!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »
You apparently haven't seen all of Blacken's threads.
Besides, every little bit helps.

BTW, you claimed that I didn't care about actual votes. Yet, when I posted the early voting numbers, showing Obama's tally WAY down from 2008, with Romney right behind or ahead of Obama in certain swing states, things got mighty quiet in the peanut gallery.

fair enough - I haven't actually bothered counting up either of your threads

the truly good news is that all this nonsense will be over in 2 more days

my statements about "actual votes" were sarcasm as you constantly seemed to be ranting about the polls, Gallup in particular

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »
fair enough - I haven't actually bothered counting up either of your threads

the truly good news is that all this nonsense will be over in 2 more days
my statements about "actual votes" were sarcasm as you constantly seemed to be ranting about the polls, Gallup in particular
we can finally agree on something, Im tired of the polling data, the ridiculous ads and the pandering.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »
we can finally agree on something, Im tired of the polling data, the ridiculous ads and the pandering.

I still haven't figured out who the attack ads are aimed at. Everyone I know says the same things - these stupid attack ads just make them want to vote for the other person. And they're stupid as fuck, nothing but talking points on both sides, telling us how the other candidate is pure evil and going to eat your babies while opening a portal to hell.

Don't get me started on the polls, all these different polls sampling different sets of people to make it look like their candidate is ahead. So sick of seeing a poll only to read "Poll: Likely votes of cousins uncles former roommates shows Rombama ahead by 42 million with a 103% chance of winning."

My conclusion, it's impossible for any of us to have any idea of whats REALLY going on. Everyone is too invested in one candidate to give us a no bullshit answer.

I am so over this shit.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »
The election being is close as it is, we may have a recount in one or more battleground states. Let's hope it doesn't happen, but there is a definite chance: in most of the relevant states, recounts are automatically initiated if the difference between candidates is 0.5% of the total vote or less.

Supposedly, the states are prepared after the debacle that was the 2000 election; even so, a recount will mean the outcome isn't clear for at least 10 days. If in the process of a recount there are legal challenges, it will be weeks before we have a new president.

Just warning you all who seem to think this thing is 100% done in a little over 24 hours from now.