Author Topic: Gen. John Allen ensnared in Petraeus scandal  (Read 6874 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Gen. John Allen ensnared in Petraeus scandal
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2012, 09:48:11 AM »
Petraeus Scandal May Reveal ‘Dereliction of Duty’ By Holder
 PJ Media ^ | November 13, 2012 | Bridget Johnson

Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:37:11 PM

The head of the House Homeland Security Committee said Attorney General Eric Holder may have committed a “real dereliction of duty” if he didn’t immediately report the investigation into former CIA Director David Petraeus to President Obama.

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said on CNN last night politics “could have been” in play if that was the case.

“The fact that this became an FBI investigation to begin with, then to me, once Director Petraeus came within the scope of the investigation, it’s almost unprecedented for the FBI to be investigating the director of the CIA,” King said, making a case that the facts heretofore don’t add up. “If they were going to do that, they should have immediately gone to the attorney general and also to the president of the United States because David Petraeus was a key part of the president’s foreign policy team.”

“I’m not talking about guilt or innocence. I’m saying he’s under a cloud. And I have great admiration for David Petraeus. I urged him to run for president. I’ve worked with him. He’s a tremendous patriot. But once he came under this scope of the investigation, they had to have — they should have notified the president because David Petraeus was involved in some of the most sensitive negotiations around the world,” King added.

He stressed that once the investigation, which reportedly began a few months before Obama was told, became apparent to Holder in September, the attorney general should have immediately told the commander in chief.

“It’s the president that runs foreign policy, not the attorney general,” the congressman said, adding that Holder has “failed terribly” at his job if he sat on the news.

“If the president did find out about it and didn’t act on it until after the election, that’s equally wrong. But if Holder knew about it, if the attorney general knew about it in September, I believe he had the absolute obligation to tell the president in fairness to the president what was happening,” King said.

He said his panel doesn’t have enough information yet to know if national security was compromised.

“And then when we had Benghazi, I think if we on the intelligence committee had known about this investigation going on, we may have looked at David Petraeus, the evidence he gave us, somewhat differently because most of what he told us then has pretty much been disproven since, and again, I think we may have looked at that differently,” King said.

“If he knew that he was being investigated, for instance, if David Petraeus was aware of that, he may have again tried to either tailor the testimony or modify it or do something which is not going to draw attention to himself,” he continued. “I mean human nature, if you know there’s a massive investigation going on, which could bring down your career, you may be less inclined to go all out.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2012, 09:50:21 AM »
Now we know why Romney never said shit about Libya.  Once he started getting intel briefings he probably knew this entire scandal was going to erupt.  

good point.  But FOX?   What was their agenda?   They knew it was a secret illegal torture prison, and they knew the reason the attackers lasted 7 hours of battle is that their people were being held illegally.

It would have changed EVERYTHING - even the way the victims were perceived, unfortunately.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2012, 09:53:14 AM »
good point.  But FOX?   What was their agenda?   They knew it was a secret illegal torture prison, and they knew the reason the attackers lasted 7 hours of battle is that their people were being held illegally.

It would have changed EVERYTHING - even the way the victims were perceived, unfortunately.

Maybe they figure they get better ratings w obama in office? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »
Maybe they figure they get better ratings w obama in office? 

Lol could be true actually ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:10 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/forget-what-jill-kelley-says-there-is-no-such-thing-as-an-unpaid-social-liaison-2012-11

I'll bet this chick was setting up orgies or swinger parties w the brass. 

I bet she even taped some of it too.  She just hired a high prices sex scandal lawyer too boot. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »
Skip to comments.
Petraeus Affair Could End Broadwell's Army Career (But She Won't Be Prosecuted for Adultery)
 Military Dot Com ^ | 13 Nov 12 | Bryant Jordan

Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:02:56 PM

The Army Reserve officer alleged to have had an affair with former CIA Director and retired Army Gen. David Petraeus could be forced out of the service.

Paula Broadwell, a lieutenant colonel with a top secret security clearance, is under investigation by the FBI for sending anonymous, threatening emails to a Florida woman who is friends with Petraeus. The FBI traced the emails to Broadwell’s computer, and in so doing uncovered evidence of her affair with Petraeus.

No charges have been filed against Broadwell. However, the emails, as well as public statements she reportedly made about the U.S. consulate attack in Benghazi, Libya, could end her 15-year military career, according to Phil Cave, a retired Navy judge advocate in Washington DC who specializes in military law in private practice.

"If there is an issue with her judgment they can seek to revoke her clearance," Cave said on Monday, noting Broadwell's reported statements that the CIA was holding prisoners in the Benghazi compound that came under attack. The CIA has denied it was holding prisoners and that detail has been reported by no other media outlet.

If officials can determine that Broadwell committed any offenses or unprofessional conduct during a current period of active duty, she could be flagged and held on active duty for prosecution the same as any other active-duty member, Cave said. That would make her subject to all the disciplinary actions available, including letters of reprimand or dismissal. If she is in a Reserve unit and not on orders then any action likely would be limited to administrative punishment, which still could include being dismissed from the service, Cave said.

Cave did not expect prosecutors to pursue adultery charges against Broadwell, a punishable offense in the U.S. military.

"I doubt she'd be prosecuted for the adultery."

(Excerpt) Read more at military.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
If only others on this board could admit when they're wrong too.  It would be better discussion.

Welcome back - your children were lost without you.

:)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2012, 11:13:27 AM »
Petraeus whistle blower and her surgeon husband are 'broke, owe millions and ...
 Daily Mail UK ^ | 11-13-12

Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:42:48 PM

Petraeus whistle blower and her surgeon husband are 'broke, owe millions and are the target of foreclosures'

The housewife and whistle blower at the center of the David Petraeus sex scandal and another involving General John Allen may have been hoping for some financial gain by lifting the lid on the affair, after it emerged today she and her husband are broke.

Tampa socialite Jill Kelley, 37, and her cancer surgeon husband Scott owe millions to banks after the collapse of their real estate holdings in 2010.

The Kelleys are currently the targets of at least four indebtedness lawsuits and two foreclosures in Hillsborough County, according to court records.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2232271/David-Petraeus-whistle-blower-Jill-Kelley-husband-broke-owe-millions-target-foreclosures.html#ixzz2C855jQl5 Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
CIA Sex Scandal: Petraeus Florida Rat Owes Millions!

Posted by Jose Lambiet , November 12, 2012 Print

Tampa socialite Jill Kelley, the second woman who emerged as a player in the CIA sex scandal that cost Director David Petraeus his job, leaves her home without commenting this morning (Splash News)

There could be a good financial reason why Tampa socialite Jill Kelley blew the whistle on ex-CIA boss David Petraeus‘ affair with his biographer.

The story of the sexy tattletale’s takedown of master spy Petraeus is now worth millions!

And it so happens that social climber Jill and her oncologist hubby Scott Kelley owe millions to banks after the collapse of their real estate holdings in 2010, Gossip Extra has learned.

Ex-CIA Director David Petraeus (Splash News)

The Kelleys currently are the targets of at least four indebtedness lawsuits, and two foreclosures in Hillsborough County, according to court records.

And they’re fighting to keep their properties, the records show.

– UPDATE: Another general’s ”inappropriate” email exchanges with Jill Kelley under investigation

None of the half dozen lawyers hired by the Kelleys to fight off banks and credit card companies returned calls or emails to discuss their cases.

And the Kelleys are communicating with the reporters through bland statements, none of them addressing their finances.

But the lawsuits could help the public understand why Jill Kelley, who’s better known in Tampa for the charity parties on the front lawn of her house, is now at the center of a major scandal.

According to published records, Jill Kelley brought emails she received from Petraeus’ alleged mistress, biographer Paula Broadwell, to the FBI.

That sparked a domino effect that culminated with the married Petraeus’ resignation from the spy agency last week, and his admission of an inappropriate relationship.

According to Tampa’s newspapers, the Kelleys and Petraeus became friends after he took over the military’s Central Command at Tampa’s McDill Air Force Base in 2008.

– For more of Florida stories you can’t find anywhere else, click to register for the daily alerts

At the time, Jill Kelley was a volunteer social liaison at the base.

Broadwell’s emails, however, hinted at more between Petraeus and Jill Kelley. If nothing else, the emails showed that Broadwell considered Jill as a rival for Petraeus’ attention.

Jill and Scott Kelley’s historic home, used to entertain ex-CIA boss David Petraeus, has been in foreclosure for nearly two years (Splash News)

Regions Bank, meanwhile, is trying to foreclose on the Kelleys historic waterfront house. That’s where the Kelley’s famously entertained Petraeus and his wife Holly in February 2010 during the Gasparilla boat parade.

Hillsborough records show the Kelleys bought the Georgian brick mansion in 2004 for $1.5 million. And Region now claims they defaulted on a $271,000-credit line with their house, at 1005 Bayshore Boulevard, as collateral.

The five-bedroomer, in the Hyde Park district, is currently worth $840,000, according to the county’s property appraiser.

Worse: Central Bank is trying to foreclose on a $2.1 million note it holds on a 12,000-square-foot downtown Tampa office building owned by the Kelleys!

– Check out Jose Lambiet’s columns Thursdays and Sundays only in the Miami Herald

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/battle_john_allen_also_helped_jill_YjkEYUNY2INC4smBMEYqUI

Oh WTF!!!! 

These dudes are really a joke.  P4 and Allen are a joke.  God god WTF are these tools thinking?  Getting involved in a custody battle on behalf of these two sluts?   lmfao!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 07:17:27 AM »
These generals were all set up and caught in the honey trap by Obama and his gang of marxist criminals, traitors, thugs, welfare maggots, communists who are afraid that they were going to tell the truth about Obama's treason in Libya.  Obama was arming the local Jihadi's in a sort of Fast n Furious in Libya and Amb. Stevens stiffed a few locals who went to get revenge.  The idea that this was over a video is as ludicrous and the stupid fucking mental patients who re-elected their God King Cult Messiah ObamaClaus. 

A big purge is underway, General Ham was sacked and many others in the Naval Command are being fired as well. 

No one called you on this BS other than Strawman? I guess you're considered "special" and off limits since your return....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 07:21:27 AM »
No one called you on this BS other than Strawman? I guess you're considered "special" and off limits since your return....

The libyan govt said the video had nothing to do the attack remember? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2012, 07:27:45 AM »

The Generals were set up and caught in a honey trap by Obama? Oh please!  ::) And here I thought you were big on personal responsibility. Now its "Obama made me do it!"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2012, 07:33:09 AM »
The Generals were set up and caught in a honey trap by Obama? Oh please!  ::) And here I thought you were big on personal responsibility. Now its "Obama made me do it!"

I think Obama knew all along that P4 was having an affair and blackmailed him to go out and parrot the lie about the video.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 07:34:22 AM »
I think Obama knew all along that P4 was having an affair and blackmailed him to go out and parrot the lie about the video.   

And I think there are purple elephants in pink tights orbiting venus on tricycles...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »
And I think there are purple elephants in pink tights orbiting venus on tricycles...

Believe what you want - the libyan govt said the day after the attack the video had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT 

P4, Hillary, O-THUG, Rice all went out there and pushed that lie. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
Believe what you want - the libyan govt said the day after the attack the video had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT 

P4, Hillary, O-THUG, Rice all went out there and pushed that lie. 

My hang up is with you not being able to see the more likely answer. Is it more likely Obama created an elaborate plan to trap two Generals, or the Generals, on their own, used poor judgement?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2012, 11:34:16 AM »
Would not surprise me.

Krauthammer: White House May Have Used Petraeus Affair to Influence Benghazi Testimony
Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012
By Bill Hoffmann

Government officials may have used former CIA director David Petraeus’ affair with Paula Broadwell as a bargaining chip to influence what he told Congress about the September 11th attack of the U.S. Embassy in Libya, Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer says.

“Here’s a man who knows the administration holds his fate in his hands,’’ Krauthammer told Fox News’ “Special Report’’ on Tuesday night.

“And he gives testimony completely at variance with what the secretary of defense had said the day before, at variance with what he heard from the station chief in Tripoli, and with everything that we had heard.

“Was he influenced by the fact he knew his fate was held by people in the administration at that time?”

Krauthammer said he found it “shocking’’ Petraeus “thought and hoped he could keep his job.

“He thought that it might and would be kept secret, and then he could stay in his position. I think what that tells us is really important.

“It meant that he understood that the FBI obviously knew what was going on. He was hoping that those administration officials would not disclose what had happen and therefore hoping that he would keep his job.

“And that meant that he understood that his job, his reputation, his legacy, his whole celebrated life was in the hands of the administration. And he expected they would protect him by keeping it quiet.”

Petraeus reportedly told congressional intelligence leaders days after the attack that he believed it was spontaneous.

“That brings us to the ultimate issue, and that is his testimony on Sept. 13,” Krauthammer said.

“That’s the thing that connects the two scandals. And that’s the only thing that makes the sex scandal relevant. Otherwise it would be exercise in sensationalism and voyeurism, and nothing else.’’

http://www.newsmax.com/SpecialCoverage/petraeus-affair-paula-broadwell/2012/11/14/id/464078

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »

Glen beck told us about the new libyan govt, remember?  You trust their word?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »
Petraeus Socialite Jill Kelley Banned From Military Base
 radar online ^ | 11/14 | radar online

Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:07:52 PM by RummyChick

Jill Kelley is no longer welcome at MacDill AFB. The socialite who launched the David Petraeus sex scandal that's now also enveloped General John Allen, has been banned from the Tampa military base where she met both the four star military men, the Tampa Tribune is reporting.

"She did have base access but does not currently because of her involvement in an ongoing investigation," a military official told the Tribune.

PHOTOS: Jill Kelley Arrives At Her Tampa Bay Home

The slam from her former best buddies in uniform comes on top of revelations of the Kelley family's dismal financial picture.

Regions Bank filed a foreclosure lawsuit against Jill and Scott Kelley in April 2010, claiming they failed to make payments on the mansion where they often entertained Gen. Petraeus, Gen. John Allen and other top military men. The bank demands repayment of $1.8 million in principal and interest on the mortgage and is foreclosing on the property.

PHOTOS: Top Celebrity Sex Scandals

And the couple's Kelley Land Holdings defaulted on a $2.1 million loan from Central Bank. It was secured by a commercial building in Tampa, which the bank eventually took back. Then there's FIA Card Services that sued Jill Kelley for defaulting on more than $25,000 in credit card debt.

Kelley had been functioning as an unpaid social liaison at MacDill, where Petraeus and Allen - his successor as the top military commander in Afghanistan. Kelley met both men in 2008 when they were based at MacDill with the U.S. Central Command.

PHOTOS: Paula Broadwell Promotes Her David Petraeus Biography

As RadarOnline.com has been reporting, when Kelley began receiving anonymous threatening emails telling her to stay away from her friend, General-turned CIA Director David Petraeus, she turned to the FBI for help. The agency's investigation uncovered that the emails were sent by Paula Broadwell who they then accidentally discovered was having an affair with Petraeus!

Kelley may soon be told to stop using any kind of official title.

PHOTOS: Famous Political Cheaters

"There’s no such thing [as social liaison] one officer told The Washington Post. The made-up title appears to be a polite way of saying 'rich Tampa socialite who likes to hang with four-star generals.'"

And there's already an investigation into how Kelley qualified for her "Honorary Consul" license plate from the state of Florida.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »
Jill Kelley outraged other military liaisons with her flirty ways [Her fee was $80 million] $80MIL
Tampa Bay ^ | 11/14/12
Posted on November 14, 2012 10:16:32 PM EST by BunnySlippers

Adam Victor, president of TransGas Development in New York, was in town to network and find business opportunities. Someone introduced him to Kelley, and the two spoke in a VIP section of the convention hall.

Victor said Kelley described herself as a close friend to Petraeus, which impressed him. In fact, he said, Kelley told him she might help him with a coal gasification project in South Korea. She said she could gain him access to the highest levels of the South Korean government, Victor said.

Kelley told him she was an honorary consul for South Korea, and Victor said she told him she had obtained the position with the help of Petraeus.

Kelley and Victor later met in New York. Kelley mentioned her fee if any deal was brokered — $80 million. The fee was so unrealistic and excessive, Victor said, he immediately realized he was dealing with an amateur. He rejected it out of hand. He said Kelley then asked for a counter proposal. But Victor wasn't biting.

(Excerpt) Read more at tampabay.com ...