Author Topic: Cleaned up AGAIN at GNC, especially buying CELL-TECH!!!  (Read 6064 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Cleaned up AGAIN at GNC, especially buying CELL-TECH!!!
« on: December 01, 2005, 06:35:42 PM »
It's the first of the month, which means Gold Card time at GNC.

Marked-down RTDs: $1.65 for MET-Rx 40 (1.32 w/Gold Card); ABB's Pure Pro RTDs for $1 ($0.80 w/ the Gold Card).

Myoplex: $30 ($24 w/Gold Card).

Rev: $27 ($21.60 w/ Gold Card).

And.....a prediction I made almost a year ago has come true.

Since MuscleTech upgraded CELL-TECH, adding "Crea-Edge" (a mixture of 5 different creatines), GNC has marked down the price of the old CELL-TECH. I bought a 7-lb jug for $40, the LOWEST price I've ever purchased that product.

I bought it about two weeks ago, despite having some CELL-TECH left over, as I figured it'd be gone before today. As it turns out, I was right. However, a different GNC has at least three 7-lb. jugs of the old CELL-TECH on sale for $40, which gets marked down to $32 with the use of the Gold Card.

I have a full jug I just cracked open today. But, the prospect of getting them jugs that cheap is quite tempting. In fact, since MuscleTech has upgraded all of their supplements, nearly all of their old wares, i.e. Hydroxycut (in all its incarnations), Acetabolan-III, NITRO-TECH RTDs (with the old logo), have been marked down considerably.

Overall, it's been a good haul for me. If you have a Gold Card, and the GNC stores are as gracious as are those here in Florida, hit them with a vengeance and clean house!!!!

Eat, Drink, and Be Massive!!!

;D

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
Re: Cleaned up AGAIN at GNC, especially buying CELL-TECH!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:15:23 AM »
The problem is, you're still buying Muscletech.  ;)

Uncle Rico

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 07:05:29 PM »
Those prices are average for fitrx.com

A huge markdown in price at GNC equals the regular price GNC SHOULD be selling it at.

Case in point: GNC sells Myoplex original for a whopping $109... fitrx.com sells it for $55 all day every day.

Uncle Rico

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:08:41 PM »
Personally, I would tell GNC to shove it becuase of their predatory pricing.

Go online and buy you supplements, they are way cheaper than GNC.

fitrx.com is great bc no matter what your order size is, the shipping is $5, and free if your order is over $200.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 08:50:46 AM »
Personally, I would tell GNC to shove it becuase of their predatory pricing.

Go online and buy you supplements, they are way cheaper than GNC.

fitrx.com is great bc no matter what your order size is, the shipping is $5, and free if your order is over $200.

There's no need for me to do so. First of all, I don't have, nor do I want, a credit card (learned my lesson from college).

Secondly, I've never seen a 7-lb jug of CELL-TECH advertised for $32 on any online store. If there are some, that actually do that, please post an example or two.

As for Ben250's comment, notwithstanding this board's reputation of hosting card-carrying members of the "I hate all things MuscleTech" club, I've been using that company's wares for years and they work quite well.

Some of our more moderate MuscleTech critics are that way, largely because of the prices of the company's products. But, the way I see it, MuscleTech's practices are part and parcel with the supplement industry in general.

For example, since SAN came out with VAULT, the price of V-12 Turbo has been marked down considerably. And, in turn, the price of regular V-12 is almost dirt cheap.

The markdown pattern is quite similar to what MuscleTech did. MuscleTech Creatine 6000-ES (the small bottle) used to cost $60. That got chopped in half, once CELL-TECH hit the market. In fact, years ago, I purchased 6000-ES for as little as $12.

Again $32 for a 7-lb jug of CELL-TECH works great for me. I may just buy another jug on Wednesday (the 7th), even though I have nearly a full jug on my shelf, as these markdowns are primarily to make room for the jugs of the new CELL-TECH, currently prices at $60 ($48 with the Gold Card).

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 09:53:31 PM »
WOW MCWAY YOU'RE SO COOL! HOW DO YOU DO IT?!  GNC DISCOUNTS ARE THE SHIT!  YEAH!
:-)

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 01:14:47 PM »
There's no need for me to do so. First of all, I don't have, nor do I want, a credit card (learned my lesson from college).

Secondly, I've never seen a 7-lb jug of CELL-TECH advertised for $32 on any online store. If there are some, that actually do that, please post an example or two.

As for Ben250's comment, notwithstanding this board's reputation of hosting card-carrying members of the "I hate all things MuscleTech" club, I've been using that company's wares for years and they work quite well.

Some of our more moderate MuscleTech critics are that way, largely because of the prices of the company's products. But, the way I see it, MuscleTech's practices are part and parcel with the supplement industry in general.

For example, since SAN came out with VAULT, the price of V-12 Turbo has been marked down considerably. And, in turn, the price of regular V-12 is almost dirt cheap.

The markdown pattern is quite similar to what MuscleTech did. MuscleTech Creatine 6000-ES (the small bottle) used to cost $60. That got chopped in half, once CELL-TECH hit the market. In fact, years ago, I purchased 6000-ES for as little as $12.

Again $32 for a 7-lb jug of CELL-TECH works great for me. I may just buy another jug on Wednesday (the 7th), even though I have nearly a full jug on my shelf, as these markdowns are primarily to make room for the jugs of the new CELL-TECH, currently prices at $60 ($48 with the Gold Card).

That's EXACTLY the problem.

Why would I buy from a company that puts out products with such insanely high mark-ups, when I could support a company that actually has innovative products at a fair price from the start. Primaforce/Scivation, Ergopharm/Giant nutrition - all these companies are putting worthwhile products on the market a fair price, not band wagon mainstream products that are overpriced and overhyped to death.

As for practices, Muscletech is about the only company I know that from the start paid for 6 pg "Ad-reports" in the mags then tries (or tried when Cellt-tech first came out) to pass off creatine with sugar and ALA as 1840419% better than regular creatine.  ::)  If it works for you great, but in general there's always a better product out there than the muscletech version.....

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 01:42:29 PM »
66% is the exact mark up at GNC.
W

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 04:47:04 PM »
66% is the exact mark up at GNC.

I went there the other day in an emergency, it was insane!  Good thing i didn't have much to buy, it was depressing me just looking at how much they were charging for the stuff i normally get very cheaply.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 06:33:30 PM »
That's EXACTLY the problem.

Why would I buy from a company that puts out products with such insanely high mark-ups, when I could support a company that actually has innovative products at a fair price from the start. Primaforce/Scivation, Ergopharm/Giant nutrition - all these companies are putting worthwhile products on the market a fair price, not band wagon mainstream products that are overpriced and overhyped to death.

As for practices, Muscletech is about the only company I know that from the start paid for 6 pg "Ad-reports" in the mags then tries (or tried when Cellt-tech first came out) to pass off creatine with sugar and ALA as 1840419% better than regular creatine.  ::)  If it works for you great, but in general there's always a better product out there than the muscletech version.....

I understand wanting to support a start-up company, especially if they hook you up with good deals.

That's why I posted this thread (as I've posted several threads like this before). When there are good deals to be had, it's nice to share. Only supplement users can truly appreciate good deals on such products. And $32 for a 7-lb jug of CELL-TECH (old formula) I consider a GREAT deal on a great product.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 07:12:29 PM »
The only thing i buy at GNC this days is RTD - Muscle Milk, Banana n Cream ;D
Its on sale with 20% = hell of a buy :)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 01:24:09 PM »
GNC is too pricy....I just order from depots.
bodybuildersreality.com

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 08:22:32 PM »
GNC is too pricy....I just order from depots.

It depends on what you're buying.

Let's look at how much some of the online stores charged for a 7-lb jug of CELL-TECH (new formula).
To date (price rounded to the nearest whole dollar):

Supplement Central.com: $50

MassNutrition.com: $49

A1Supplements.com: $52,

and

Prosource.net: $55

GNC's price is $60, and that drops to $48 with the Gold Card. So, in that aspect, GNC has the online stores beat. And that DOES NOT take into consideration the 7-lb jugs of the old CELL-TECH, now being marked down to $40 ($32 with the Gold Card).

GNC does tend to charge more for the MRPs. However, if you're patient, you can get some marked down for some great deals.

I've bought ON's 100% Whey Protein MRPs for $20 for a 20-serving box ($16 with the Gold Card, and a free shaker) ;D .

And Myoplex Carb Sense MRPs (20-serving box) were marked down to $10 ($8 with the Gold Card).

The best deal, in my view, come with the bottles RTDs.

Either way, it's great to get those bargains.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 03:27:09 AM »
 :P
Z

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 08:30:18 PM »
I can top those.  ABB Adrenlin Stack drinks were .25 each (90% off) and I cleaned house.  I also bought a GNC fat burner for .25 (like 98% off).

I only buy at GNC if they are losing $ on the deal.

Motherboy (the band).

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »
I can top those.  ABB Adrenlin Stack drinks were .25 each (90% off) and I cleaned house.  I also bought a GNC fat burner for .25 (like 98% off).

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCHY .

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 04:38:45 PM »

I don't use those supplements, though I've seen plenty of them on sale.

What I DO use is what I just picked up yesterday and will pick up tommorrow (if they're any left) and that bottles of Isopure Pure Protein RTDs for $0.88 each.

Plus, there's more CELL-TECH (old formula) for $40. And payday's TOMMORROW!!!!

;D

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »
It's the first of the month, which means Gold Card time at GNC.

Marked-down RTDs: $1.65 for MET-Rx 40 (1.32 w/Gold Card); ABB's Pure Pro RTDs for $1 ($0.80 w/ the Gold Card).

Myoplex: $30 ($24 w/Gold Card).

Rev: $27 ($21.60 w/ Gold Card).

And.....a prediction I made almost a year ago has come true.

Since MuscleTech upgraded CELL-TECH, adding "Crea-Edge" (a mixture of 5 different creatines), GNC has marked down the price of the old CELL-TECH. I bought a 7-lb jug for $40, the LOWEST price I've ever purchased that product.

I bought it about two weeks ago, despite having some CELL-TECH left over, as I figured it'd be gone before today. As it turns out, I was right. However, a different GNC has at least three 7-lb. jugs of the old CELL-TECH on sale for $40, which gets marked down to $32 with the use of the Gold Card.

I have a full jug I just cracked open today. But, the prospect of getting them jugs that cheap is quite tempting. In fact, since MuscleTech has upgraded all of their supplements, nearly all of their old wares, i.e. Hydroxycut (in all its incarnations), Acetabolan-III, NITRO-TECH RTDs (with the old logo), have been marked down considerably.

Overall, it's been a good haul for me. If you have a Gold Card, and the GNC stores are as gracious as are those here in Florida, hit them with a vengeance and clean house!!!!

Eat, Drink, and Be Massive!!!

;D

So how long have you worked at GNC? ::)
just not good enough

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 05:41:56 PM »
So how long have you worked at GNC? ::)

As of today, it's been a total of ZERO years, no months, zilch weeks, nada days, zippo hours, squat minutes, and uh-uh seconds.

But, I do know good deals, when I see them. And, at the moment, GNC has some great ones.

It's OK to shop there, if you can get the hook-up. DON'T WORRY!! No one will revoke your "hardcore" card, if you go there.

;D

;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 08:03:29 PM »
GNC is a rip off.  Vitamin World blows them away.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 07:18:43 AM »
ONLYEME if you shop at vitamin world then you just don't know your shit.  VW sells some shit product. 
Why do you slam GNC
I think you're thinking of Vitamin Shoppe

Perhaps, he is. Before getting all of these deals from GNC (and the fact that GNC didn't sell my favorite supplement in the right size), I hit Vitamin Shoppe rather often. I've been a member for over 4 years and I STILL don't have an actual, physical card. As for Vitamin World, I'm a member there, too. But, I haven't shopped there in over a year and a half.

Just when I thought it couldn't get better, it does. I did get to clear the shelves of all the marked-down bottles of Isopure. Then, I saw a 4.3-lb bottle of CELL-TECH on sale for $14.25. I figured I'd get two of them and have 8.6 lbs of MuscleTech creatine cocktail for $29.

After glancing at the big bottles, I had to clean my glasses to make sure my vision was clear. Another look confirmed what I saw just moments before. Two 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH (old formula, grape-flavored) were marked down too $20, each.

Between those jugs, the Isopure bottles, and a 5-lb canister of EAS MyoPro Protein powder, I went home (or at least, back to work) with a great haul and got to renew my GNC Gold Card to boot.

Again, I hope the GNC stores in the other states are as gracious as some of the ones here in Florida. If they are, it's time to clean up!!

;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 10:21:08 AM »
Two problems.  GNC sucks and is way to expensive and MuscleTech products suck ESPECIALLY Cell-Tech.  Why pay so much money for sugar.  And why 5 different creatines.  What a bunch of crap.  Allot of hype and marketing to make a sub-standard product sound great.  The funny thing some people buy the bullshit. 

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 10:29:20 AM »
Two problems.  GNC sucks and is way to expensive and MuscleTech products suck ESPECIALLY Cell-Tech.  Why pay so much money for sugar.  And why 5 different creatines.  What a bunch of crap.  Allot of hype and marketing to make a sub-standard product sound great.  The funny thing some people buy the bullshit. 

Couldn't agree more!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 12:07:39 PM »

With regards to the two "problems":

Alleged problem #1:  GNC "sucks" compared to what, online stores? Again, I have to ask what online stores offer CELL-TECH at a lower price than GNC?

I listed several online companies and their CELL-TECH prices. Not one of them offers the stuff as a lower price than does GNC (with the Gold Card). And that's the current formula. Factor in the markdowns for the old CELL-TECH formula and it's an open-and-shut case. Again, if any website store offers the stuff for a lower price than GNC, feel free to post it here.

Why does GNC "suck" for offering CELL-TECH for $60 ($48 with the Gold Card), if the online stores offer the same product for around the same price (with the possibility of any savings on the product itself being negated by shipping costs)?

Alleged problem #2: I'm fully aware that, on this forum, there are bands of merry men who have pledge their immortal souls to hate all things MuscleTech. But, the simple fact is that company's supplements work and work well. Some feel that, even if MuscleTech's wares are effective, such effectiveness doesn't necessarily justify the price.

With the aforementioned scenario, price isn't an issue. So, if MuscleTech's supplements work and work well and are offered at great prices, how do this company's wares "suck"?

The "Hype and Marketing"? That's part and parcel of the supplement business. MuscleTech ain't the first compnay, and it sure as heck won't be the last, to paint its products as the missing link between your being Mr. "My-Bathroom-Mirror" and Mr. Universe.

This practice has been going on LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before MuscleTech hit the scene. Were MT to go bankrupt today, another company would be taking its place, with "special ad-reports".

Plus, GNC's discounts don't just apply to MuscleTech products, as I have lined my shelves with goodies from EAS, Nature's Best, Optimum Nutrition (ON), American BodyBuilding (ABB), among other companies. Apparently, you missed the brands of the OTHER products I purchased. 

The way I see it, good discounts are good discounts, no matter WHERE you find them. Passing up discounts on your favorite products, simply because such come from GNC, sounds more of a personal vendetta that, on its face, appear to have little rational validity.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 07:23:42 PM »
I knew a couple guys who, during Gold Card week, would travel to a handful of GNC's in a day looking for product that was 75% off, and get their gold card discount on top.  They would get home with like 200 RTD's and MRP boxes for like 8 bucks.

I'm sure they are not the only ones.

GNC can treat you very well if you go in at the right time. 

EXACTLY!!!

If those jugs of CELL-TECH I got were still available, two weeks from now, they'd cost $16 with the Gold Card discount. However, the likelihood of that happening is extremely low.