Author Topic: I was thinking of getting this machine...opinions?  (Read 5779 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: I was thinking of getting this machine...opinions?
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »
For the new year try to say the same things in 1-2 sentences instead of multiple paragraphs, it would be more interesting. Several times i directly asked for your conclusion and you were simply unable to directly answer in concise fashion.

A machine vs. free weight debate exists because they're both good-the majority of football coaches use machine squats and find them brutally effective. What you neglected to mention is that in removing balance issues, machines focus the function right down to power. Therefore, machine and free weights both have pros and cons, both are good.

As far as range of motion, plenty of serious lifters share my view that box squats are actually better for development and easier on the knees, so you commnet on range of motion should be considered in this context.

You're actually endorsing the Powertec. Your own personal bias is free weights but the basis for your bias isn't compelling.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 04:08:19 PM »
Actually, machines are worthless for building strength.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2005, 04:21:29 PM »
All the massive football players who built up on em and strength coaches who advised them need your wisdom in the new year..straighten em out.  ;D