Author Topic: What's your guess on who trained Tsarnaev brothers? and what will happen?  (Read 7597 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
We don't have blood hounds to use. We do have german and belgian shepherds trained to scout, some can track but a variety of issues come into play. how many people tainted the area prior to the dogs arrival. Is it a heavily populated area where there is a lot of human scent etc etc. I'm no tracker myself but I've followed blood drops from a crime scene to where the bad guy was hiding as well as found victims that way. In each case they were bleeding enough to where there were droplets every 5 or 6 ft and it was time consuming.. but I wonder if that was an option..     

Side note - GS = best dog ever

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Side note - GS = best dog ever

I would agree if judging by looks and history, many of the police dogs I trained or worked with were GS but for agility, ability to work in hot climates, and less tendency for hip displasia I'd go with the Belgian..

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
We don't have blood hounds to use. We do have german and belgian shepherds trained to scout, some can track but a variety of issues come into play. how many people tainted the area prior to the dogs arrival. Is it a heavily populated area where there is a lot of human scent etc etc. I'm no tracker myself but I've followed blood drops from a crime scene to where the bad guy was hiding as well as found victims that way. In each case they were bleeding enough to where there were droplets every 5 or 6 ft and it was time consuming.. but I wonder if that was an option..     
This isn't even remotely true with what bloodhounds are well known for doing very well and I find it very hard to believe that many agencies involved didn't have any available for use.  I've seen these dogs pull off some amazing tracking through populated areas and find the person.  And they absolutely did have good items available for the bothers scent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i truly believe we are being sold a bill of goods and total bs.   Nlt saying a 911 type bs, but i trult believe the FBI knew about this gut from day 1 and didnt do dick  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
This isn't even remotely true with what bloodhounds are well known for doing very well and I find it very hard to believe that many agencies involved didn't have any available for use.  I've seen these dogs pull off some amazing tracking through populated areas and find the person.  And they absolutely did have good items available for the bothers scent.

What part isn't true?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
What part isn't true?
I didn't mean like a lie or anything.  This part as it applies to what bloodhounds can and have been used successfully for:

" how many people tainted the area prior to the dogs arrival. Is it a heavily populated area where there is a lot of human scent etc etc. "

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
bloodhounds can track trough populated areas.  No way they didn't have access to trained bloodhounds.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bloodhounds can track trough populated areas.  No way they didn't have access to trained bloodhounds.

This entire episode stinks.   Sad beyond words that marathon runners and innocents were used as cannon fadder

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
bloodhounds can track trough populated areas.  No way they didn't have access to trained bloodhounds.

Oh, okay.. bloodhounds are amazing... I don't agree that they had access to them. We've been on many a manhunt and have not had access to bloodhounds. Something to look into though..

and I was talking about the dogs they DID have available which would be the normal police K9 .. they are affected by those things

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Oh, okay.. bloodhounds are amazing... I don't agree that they had access to them. We've been on many a manhunt and have not had access to bloodhounds. Something to look into though..

LMFAO!!!!  GMFAB!!!

Typical

Acess to humvees but not blood hounds.   LOL!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
LMFAO!!!!  GMFAB!!!

Typical

Acess to humvees but not blood hounds.   LOL!!!!

Hey, l've been in the business a long time. Never had a bloodhound respond to any call. Wouldn't know where to find one.. maybe a prison? I don't know any departments around here that have them.. maybe you know something about the area and the dogs they hvae available that I dont..

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
watched a show that asked that question on blood hounds,they said in the city exhaust fumes effects their ability to track

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hey, l've been in the business a long time. Never had a bloodhound respond to any call. Wouldn't know where to find one.. maybe a prison? I don't know any departments around here that have them.. maybe you know something about the area and the dogs they hvae available that I dont..

Bloodhounds are better than humvees

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
watched a show that asked that question on blood hounds,they said in the city exhaust fumes effects their ability to track
maybe some but bloodhounds have been known to do it very well and hello?  did you forget the place was in a state of Martial Law sorry, "Shelter in Place" lol...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
No idea on who trained them.  As for with Iran...no way I see that happening.   Public don't want.  Prez don't want.  Congress don't want.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
maybe some but bloodhounds have been known to do it very well and hello?  did you forget the place was in a state of Martial Law sorry, "Shelter in Place" lol...

;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

lol 3000 cops must have been on pedal bikes

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Like I said, we're not just talking about a local PD here... This involved how many agencies?  They have access to bloodhounds.  Sometimes the dogs used to track humans are contracted for this very purpose through the trainers.  I know Denver PD has used them many times even though they might not personally have them.  You can't tell me that many agencies were clueless about the use of bloodhounds lol.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

lol 3000 cops must have been on pedal bikes
::) like I said, it hasn't stopped these dogs in the past so that's just bullshit.  And there were more than 3000 cops involved in this and that's still less exhaust floating about than would be from normal traffic.  And what's your point anyway.  Like I said these dogs have the ability to track in population zones.  Whoever told you the can't because there are cars is full of it.  It's probably not ideal but they do it.

Not to mention this was a fresh trail by the brother.  These dogs have tracked through populated areas on a trail that's starting to get old.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Like I said, we're not just talking about a local PD here... This involved how many agencies?  They have access to bloodhounds.  Sometimes the dogs used to track humans are contracted for this very purpose through the trainers.  I know Denver PD has used them many times even though they might not personally have them.  You can't tell me that many agencies were clueless about the use of bloodhounds lol.

1. I only have your word bloodhounds were available
2. I don't know all the facts surroundiing the situation
3. I DO know they wanted to catch this person in the worst way, so I would imagine all available options were considered.  
4. If it comes to light that someone suggested bloodhounds, or the situation warranted bloodhounds that could have readily been located and transported to the scene then I will be right up there on the soapbox with you

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Bloodhounds are better than humvees

Would have been a good time for a few drones...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
1. I only have your word bloodhounds were available
2. I don't know all the facts surroundiing the situation
3. I DO know they wanted to catch this person in the worst way, so I would imagine all available options were considered.  
4. If it comes to light that someone suggested bloodhounds, or the situation warranted bloodhounds that could have readily been located and transported to the scene then I will be right up there on the soapbox with you
read up on them.  Even aside from this story it's a good read on what they've done and are capable of doing.  pretty cool shit.  Hell, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing for you to suggest in your department.  contract with a handler for times their use might be valuable.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
read up on them.  Even aside from this story it's a good read on what they've done and are capable of doing.  pretty cool shit.  Hell, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing for you to suggest in your department.  contract with a handler for times their use might be valuable.

I think it's going to be interesting to see if incidental arrests occurred as a result of these house to house inspections...especially in light of the recent Supreme Court decision.  I would imagine some would argue the greater good, but I just don't buy it.  Or, maybe nothing came of it.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

this is from trackers that use blood hounds,but what the hell do they know

Can bloodhounds successfully follow the scent trail of a particular person, even though many other human and animal scents cross and overlap the person’s trail?

Harris:  Yes.

Kilby:  Yes.  The most scent contaminated trail my bloodhound has handled was in a shopping plaza.

Schettler:  Yes.  We work in the city for the most part.  Generally speaking, every trail is badly contaminated with other scents.  Our worst was in downtown San Francisco.  We also have worked quite a few shopping malls and ‘projects.’  These areas need to be trained for.

Shuler:  Yes.

Tweedie:  Yes.  We have trailed through crowds in schools, malls, both indoors and outdoors, in a variety of conditions.

Woody:  Yes.  Bloodhounds trained to scent discriminate, per N.P.B.A. or similar methods, have no problem focusing on individual scent.

Are there ways to reduce scent contaminants which dull the bloodhound’s sense of smell?

Harris:  Exhaust fumes can affect the dog’s nose.  The solution is to take the bloodhound out of the area so the dog can clear its olfactory system and remove the vehicle giving off the exhaust fumes.

Schettler:  If the contaminants are already present, there is little a handler can do.  Carbon monoxide from vehicles can be a scent killer.  Responders should turn off their engines.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

I've read up on them over the years. As I've mentioned before, I was a dog handler myself and then trained dogs and dog teams for 6 yrs. My department would say that we already have dogs that can scout, which is locate a suspect via scent cone. Some can do some light to moderate tracking.

The actual need for a bloodhound during a typical year might be 3 times. Cases where the regular police dogs couldn't do the job. Of those 3 to 4 times, officers would have to hold a perimeter until the contractor is able to get on scene and do the track. Picture calling a guy at 3am to come out to north Austin and he lives 30 miles away in south Austin and needs to get dressed, load up his truck and get out here with his dog. We just don't have that luxury in most cases.