Author Topic: found this quote on a roid board regarding training  (Read 54976 times)

dustin

Re: found this quote on a roid board regarding training
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2013, 01:48:06 PM »
Take PED, stimulate muscles, eat well. Everything else is merely refinement. It's pretty hard to take PEDs and fuck up. I always laughed at dudes who bothered to take them and ended up still looking like shit.

ukjeff

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »
Take PED, stimulate muscles, eat well. Everything else is merely refinement. It's pretty hard to take PEDs and fuck up. I always laughed at dudes who bothered to take them and ended up still looking like shit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2013, 01:54:43 PM »
Yep.

No, sorry. To much research to back it.

dustin

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »

I wouldn't laugh at cswol.

I would fall over into a ball of maniacal and uncontrollable laughter. Look at that deep hue of penis purple. Holy FUCK is he ever going to die of a heart attack.

Seriously though, I will set aside a few hours of my time to devise an easy to follow, tasty and healthy dietary plan for him. I do a lot of cooking and can come up with a realistic meal plan that he could use to tack some extra years onto his lifespan. He doesn't look like he has much time left on this earth. :-X

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
You should....the more recruitment, the thicker the muscle.

The more i recruit stabilizer muscles, the bigger my quads get ?

i get what you're saying, you can put a heavier load on the quads with a squat than you can with a leg press...but i don't like the trade off....a heavy load on hips, glutes, abdomen etc.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2013, 03:57:18 PM »
Yes but Who gives a shit about "stabilizing muscles"  I'm working QUADS.  if i want to directly hit my intercostals, abdominals, serratus and spinal erectors...there are plenty of exercises i can do for them.

EXACTLY!

If recruiting stabilizing muscles was the secret than training in an unstable environment would be ideal. Like doing squats or dumbell bench on a Swiss ball. In LA when they have an earth quake they should all head to the gym

Muscle fibers contract. They contract to initiate movement, hold a position (isometrics) or control the muscle as it lenghtens (negative contraction). That's it.

When you bicep contracts under resistance it doesn't matter if that resistance comes from a machine, a curl bar or resistant bands. Difference is, that when you do a barbell curl you are recruiting your lower back, front delts and virtually every other muscle in your body which takes some of the load off the bicep. Not to mention you don't get full range resistance and only get maximum resistance when your forearms are parrallel to the floor. With a machine you take out those other muscles and isolate the bicep more. Training it more directly. Plus you get resistance throughout the entire movement as your joints move in a circular fashion and you just up and down like with free weights.

It depends what you want. If you are an athlete I think it is beneficial to do movements that force the body to coordinate all the components doing a specific movement. In bodybuilding it's primarily for looks and not functional ability.

Picking up your little niece to give her a hug is very similar to the barbell curl.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
You should....the more recruitment, the thicker the muscle.

NO. The more recruitment the more muscles are being used. How does using other muscles to help the primary muscle do a movement make it more thick? It's like having a spotter that helps you with every rep.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2013, 02:26:45 AM »
Not going to get into a pissing match you but I spend in excess of $10k per year on research (at least 1-2 hrs per day), traveling to different speaking seminars, symposiums from the best strength coaches in the world, I take my business serious. The second I stop doing is the second I really do start living in the past as far as training goes. That being said, I said in BODYBUILDING or for vanities sake some machines were a necessity, especially close to a show.

During the "off-season" the concentration should be kept on free weight and compound movements. You mentioned that you "would give me bench", how about BB bent rows instead of a chest supported seated row or seated or standing military instead of a machine press, shit, I could go on.

You're definition of muscle recruitment seems to lie in the, for example using a machine bench press, in the chest muscles themselves, recruitment is stabilizing all the surrounding muscles that make that lift possible. Squat on a smith machine requires little core stabilization which takes away from the recruitment of other fibers as opposed to a regular squat where you have to stabilize using everything you have.
With all due respect you totally missed the point here. I will give you bench, hell I will give you every exercise but that was not my point.

My point is after 20 sets the muscle is so destroyed that who gives a flying fuck how it got destroyed. Using free weight does not mean the muscle was destroyed even more obviously not, 20 sets of a machine will leave no fibers left. The job is done whether free weights are used or not. Now the growth comes from food and rest. And don't say oh well free weight would have brought in more sourounding muscles, well if I want to work the sourounding muscle I will do so as well on a machine until there is no fibers left on them too.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2013, 02:37:38 AM »
  No One makes some great posts

One of the best dudes here (yes homo).

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2013, 04:12:29 AM »
can anybody recommend other advanced training techniques besides drop sets, pre-exhaust, post-exhaust, rest-pause, supersets, negatives, static-holds?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2013, 03:50:20 PM »
can anybody recommend other advanced training techniques besides drop sets, pre-exhaust, post-exhaust, rest-pause, supersets, negatives, static-holds?

You weigh a buck fifty, you don't need to do any of that stuff.

Do fifteen to twenty moderately hard sets a body part of ten reps, then some pump work

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2013, 05:05:23 PM »

''advanced training techniques''  ::) oh brother

Just work hard  m0therfucker , like you are training for something , watch what you eat  , rest  , stop looking  for magical results , consistency is the name of the game ,

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »
  listen to che

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »

Just work hard  m0therfucker , like you are training for something , watch what you eat  , rest  , stop looking  for magical results , consistency is the name of the game ,

Great advice! There is no magic to bodybuilding. Like you said, train, eat well, rest and be consistent about it. It helps to have good genetics too. The fact is that not everyone is going to get huge and ripped with veins popping out all over the place. Work with what you have.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2013, 05:45:26 PM »
Put it this way;

The amount of muscle someone gets from genetic attributes can be night and day
also the amount of muscle someone gets from steroids attributes is night and day
The amount of muscle someone gets from training attributes is microscopic.

Let me dumb it down for you.

Say someone with shitty genetics builds 10lb, someone with awesome genetics may have built 40lb

Say someone natural builds 10lb, someone juiced to the gills may have built 50 lb.

Say someone that has shitty training protocol but is juiced to the gills and has amazing genetics builds 40lb, someone with an amazing training protocol, awesome genetics and juiced to the gills would build 42lb. The quality training when it comes to building muscle means nothing cause all the body knows is to break down fibers and repair and a lazy person can do this just as good as Rocky Balboa.

You get it, when it comes to training to build muscle and you are juiced, resting good, eating good and have good genetics training means almost nothing

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2013, 05:58:55 PM »
i know that you won't give a serious reply to this, but i'll give it a shot

is 10 mg of superdrol 4 or 5 days a week a good dose of roids?

i'd say that it's quite minimal

also, i was up to 20 mg per day every day last summer and i still looked like shit, but now @ 10 mg 4-5 days per week i look much better

what changed? well, i trained better and harder with better exercises ie. hammer strength machines, barbell squats, benches, and curls

Have you tried any of Methylstenbolone clones?

all drugs - TPPIIP

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2013, 12:04:16 AM »

thanks brother

i love you :-* (full homo)

chess315

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2013, 12:12:43 AM »
  70mg superdrol imo stronger then 1000mg test e/c.  I would guess if one could just take 10mg superdrol without health concerns forever they would be failry impressive. Training limb lengths and so forth tell which movements are best a 2-4 good compound movements is plenty              I do think keeping ones strength up is good and that's hard to do with out a few compound movements                                      bench.incline,squat,dead,leggpress,chin,dip,row but who the hell doesn't do a couple of them movements at least so that's a given.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2013, 12:29:48 AM »
 70mg superdrol imo stronger then 1000mg test e/c.  I would guess if one could just take 10mg superdrol without health concerns forever they would be failry impressive. Training limb lengths and so forth tell which movements are best a 2-4 good compound movements is plenty              I do think keeping ones strength up is good and that's hard to do with out a few compound movements                                      bench.incline,squat,dead,leggpress,chin,dip,row but who the hell doesn't do a couple of them movements at least so that's a given.

70mg :o :o :o

the most i ever took was 30mg for not more than 1 week

and yeah, my plan is to take 10mg most days of the week

it seems that the best method is to 1st do a heavy compound like bench, row (and work on getting as strong as you can on the compound move) and then finish off with more iso work with drop sets, and other extended set techniques

and yeah, Mentzer was wrong, his method is severe under-training

chess315

« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »
thats what i meant 10mg a day 70mg a week is more strong then a gram of test a week generally. Im not a fan but its one of the changing drugs one can take another under rated is the old trenextreme is wasnt even methylated.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »

If that doesn't do it, it ain't getting done.

At some point, maybe 5 years (or less) of serious training and nutrition it really doesn't matter what you do you ain't going to gain any more appreciable amount of muscle. You can mess with body comp: get lean/get fat, but muscle mass won't change much. At that point it's a matter of hormones and peptides. And as long as some intensity in your training and adequate recovery how much more muscle you put on is directly related to how much hormones and peptides you take.

Talk about progression all you want, you've tried it on yourself, it just ain't happening.Just like natural muscle mass is limited so is natural progression.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2013, 12:04:03 AM »
If that doesn't do it, it ain't getting done.

At some point, maybe 5 years (or less) of serious training and nutrition it really doesn't matter what you do you ain't going to gain any more appreciable amount of muscle. You can mess with body comp: get lean/get fat, but muscle mass won't change much. At that point it's a matter of hormones and peptides. And as long as some intensity in your training and adequate recovery how much more muscle you put on is directly related to how much hormones and peptides you take.

Talk about progression all you want, you've tried it on yourself, it just ain't happening.Just like natural muscle mass is limited so is natural progression.

That is not the answer dj is looking for. He's not real big on the basic truths about this game...always looking for "secrets"

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2013, 12:26:07 AM »
Can you imagine if runners (distance or sprinters) trained according to what passes as science in the bodybuilding world? Every time you run you will time your self and try to break that time. If you can't do that we will allow periodization if you're to much of a pussy to try to break a record every time you run. There would be a lot of ex runners if that was the case.

Why do HIT guys think every training day is take it to death day? No wonder they eventually go to 3 exercises for one set each every 5 days. They can't take working out any more. If they ever tried volume they couldn't do it because they lack the muscular endurance.

Sure runners time them self in both intervals and various set distance runs. The point is they run according to what they can they can do that day. In the early season distance runners don't even try to run to the edge. They just get in their distance runs.

I said it before if getting stronger was the magic bullet we would all train for sets of single reps or at the most 3 reps. Getting stronger is important but getting a bigger muscle comes from training for muscular endurance. Training for muscular endurance using volume isn't easy. It's some of the most demanding workouts you can do.

GREAT POST!!!!!

just another simple idea highlighting how COMPLETELY RETARDED the wonderful world of "bodybuilding advice" is

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »
dj I have met  diesel dudes who have spent time in prison, whether it be short stints or a good bid. And all they do is lift or do bodyweight exercises...CONSISTENTLY . No secrets. No gurus, just pushing weight. If you do that you will grow. Stop with this advanced training technique bullshucks. Just lift and run around. There is such a thing as overtraining, and it is that you are "over training" you brain trying to think of "secrets" and mysteries of the unknown advanced training movements.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »
dj I have met  diesel dudes who have spent time in prison, whether it be short stints or a good bid. And all they do is lift or do bodyweight exercises...CONSISTENTLY . No secrets. No gurus, just pushing weight. If you do that you will grow. Stop with this advanced training technique bullshucks. Just lift and run around. There is such a thing as overtraining, and it is that you are "over training" you brain trying to think of "secrets" and mysteries of the unknown advanced training movements.
nice parker,,,career smart,car smart,,,training savvy...