Author Topic: Anyone believe in Haunted Houses  (Read 26060 times)

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone believe in Haunted Houses
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 01:05:31 AM »
I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to this type of shit, but me and a group of five friends all saw something at the same time.  My father also grew up in a house that had many unexplainable occurrences.  Who knows.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 01:22:44 AM »
I have seen some weird and unexplainable things some times.

missile

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 01:27:12 AM »
Apparently this lady has investigated many "Haunted Houses" but says she will not go back in the house in The Amityville Horror. A son killed his Parents and Brothers and Sisters in the house. Thoughts?

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/ghost-hunter-lorraine-warren-tells-us-one-haunted-050927065.html

Bro it's not the spirits of the dead, it's demons attached to them that remain.

missile

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2013, 01:28:48 AM »
I have seen some weird and unexplainable things some times.

Bro, you shouldn't talk about your girlfriend like that.   She might be ugly as a monkey's ass, but she is your girlfriend!

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2013, 01:44:37 AM »
I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to this type of shit, but me and a group of five friends all saw something at the same time.  My father also grew up in a house that had many unexplainable occurrences.  Who knows.

Same here. Thing is, I'm not a believer..I'm skeptical and logical.  But when you are sitting home, alone,  not a doubt in your mind you are by yourself, and you hear tbe "click" of the switch in the kitchen and the fucking light goes on...it's game over. I left the house on that one.  At first i thought someone broke in, and that scared the shit out of me, then i realized it just went on, and i was like.."hell no, fuck this...I'm out"

I don't know how my GF did it...she would spend days all by herself there, and freaky shit would happen, and she wasn't scared in the slightest, she would say.."they aren't mean, they just like to play" I'm being dead honest..she's got balls of Iron. My fucking hair would stand up as soon as i walked through the door.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2013, 04:53:16 AM »
Never seen anything but 2 things make me question it

When my son had not long turned 4 he was playing in his room and came downstairs saying how the old lady wont talk to me. Baffled by this we asked him to show us so we went to his room and showed us where he seen her and he described roughly what my nanna looked like and said how he tried to talk to her but she wouldnt answer.

The other time me and a mate were walking home from a night out in a town a few miles over and walked across the farmers fields as it was shorter and as we approached a clump of trees we heard what can only be described as a large very thick piece of wood being bent making a very loud groaning/creaking sound. The sound repeated 2 or 3 times along with a very eerie feeling to stay away from the trees. Without admiting or talking about it we both decieded it would be better togive those trees a very wide birth.sounds stupid now but was genuinley creepy at the time.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2013, 05:12:52 AM »
Same here. Thing is, I'm not a believer..I'm skeptical and logical.  But when you are sitting home, alone,  not a doubt in your mind you are by yourself, and you hear tbe "click" of the switch in the kitchen and the fucking light goes on...it's game over. I left the house on that one.  At first i thought someone broke in, and that scared the shit out of me, then i realized it just went on, and i was like.."hell no, fuck this...I'm out"

I don't know how my GF did it...she would spend days all by herself there, and freaky shit would happen, and she wasn't scared in the slightest, she would say.."they aren't mean, they just like to play" I'm being dead honest..she's got balls of Iron. My fucking hair would stand up as soon as i walked through the door.

More likely, worlds first verifiable ghost or faulty switch?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »

Worlds first verifiable ghost!

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2013, 05:20:00 AM »

They are probably attached to her

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2013, 05:34:40 AM »
That's a good show.

And it has definitely shown some weird shit since it first aired.

There was one where it was raining upside-down in someone's house. Even cops saw it.
Sheeeeeit...raining upside down? He'll No...that wine box thing would have been scary as hell.

There was one, where apparently this woman kept seeing yellow eyes outside her house (in the middle of no where). She called the police and her husband, and nobody saw the person. Finally one day her husband was backing up, and saw the thing and got out. Saw that it had been on the roof. He and friend got some guns and tracked it (big ass tracks) to a shack in the woods. Well. They found out who lived in the shack, and they went to town, to get a tire changed and it was a tall lanky dude with yellow.

Anyways, one day he died, and they went to his shack. In the back of the shack was a huge steel/riveted room with huge as chains and shackles attached to the walls. And scratch marks all over the place...like the steel was scratched...They didn't want to say the word that they all thought...

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »
More likely, worlds first verifiable ghost or faulty switch?

Yes, all the books, TV shows and movies that generate hundreds of millions of dollars...they are all bullshit because Army of one on Getbig doesn't approve.....LOLOL.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »
Yes, all the books, TV shows and movies that generate hundreds of millions of dollars...they are all bullshit because Army of one on Getbig doesn't approve.....LOLOL.

Don't worry, I'm sparking him out in Bethnal Green soon.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2013, 08:20:28 AM »

The problem with all these books is that thy are predominately written by believers who lack a critical eye.  It would be like asking Pat Robertson to write a book examine the truth of the bible or Al Sharpton righting an honest appraisal of race relations.
A

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »
Don't worry, I'm sparking him out in Bethnal Green soon.

Make sure you snap a pic of this remarkable human while you're at it... :D

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2013, 08:23:02 AM »
The problem with all these books is that thy are predominately written by believers who lack a critical eye.  It would be like asking Pat Robertson to write a book examine the truth of the bible or Al Sharpton righting an honest appraisal of race relations.

That's the problem with media in general. Seldom is anything unbiased..it's human nature.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2013, 08:24:58 AM »
Make sure you snap a pic of this remarkable human while you're at it... :D

I have a feeling he's the type of guy who goes out for runs in expensive luminous yellow matching gear.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »
That's the problem with media in general. Seldom is anything unbiased..it's human nature.
The the books and stuff if not written by someone that has experienced some of this as you have are much BS people trying to make money.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »

You're absolutely correct.  The only remedy is to apply a little skepticism.  I tell people to never assume there are only two answers
A

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »
I have seen very tough guys running away from a near by so called hauted house. Not talking just about strange noises, they got punched and slapped inside and it was during the day. Those things are rare but they exist.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:39 AM »
You're absolutely correct.  The only remedy is to apply a little skepticism.  I tell people to never assume there are only two answers
What's odd is that many skeptics don't try and debunk the real serious shit. Like people being hit, scratched. Pets being effed up, people being pushed down steps...or that Dybbuk Box thing. They never eff with the hardcore shit.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2013, 08:45:34 AM »
What's odd is that many skeptics don't try and debunk the real serious shit. Like people being hit, scratched. Pets being effed up, people being pushed down steps...or that Dybbuk Box thing. They never eff with the hardcore shit.

They do. The thing is its very difficult to validate a persons experience because you only have their word and no tangible evidence.
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »
I think you have had some dreams of the paranormal when wake you have to ask yourself were they dreams or was I awake and and this stuff I saw was really there. Wee hours of the morning most times when I have experienced things.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2013, 08:48:54 AM »

Exactly.  It's not like I scream ghost every time I see something out of the corner of my eye or hear the house creak.  But there are times every now and then where things occur that have no viable explanation.  In your case, the fact that more than one person was witnessing it makes it all the more credible.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »
They do. The thing is its very difficult to validate a persons experience because you only have their word and no tangible evidence.
I would really like someone to investigate the Dybbuk Box, but a curator of  Truman University's museum (who I believe is a medical doctor) has that thing locked up in an undisclosed location because of all the freaky, weird and dangerous shit that went on with that damn wine box.

I think you have had some dreams of the paranormal when wake you have to ask yourself were they dreams or was I awake and and this stuff I saw was really there. Wee hours of the morning most times when I have experienced things.
3 o clock in the morning...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »
I would really like someone to investigate the Dybbuk Box, but a curator of  Truman University's museum (who I believe is a medical doctor) has that thing locked up in an undisclosed location because of all the freaky, weird and dangerous shit that went on with that damn wine box.
3 o clock in the morning...

I've had a weird experience myself but I try not to jump to conclusions.  You've piqued my curiosity about the Dybbuk Box.  Never heard of it.
A