Author Topic: can you ever "make it big" with just working really hard at a job?  (Read 7618 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: can you ever "make it big" with just working really hard at a job?
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »
well, I have some experience with wealthy people... since the majority of my clients and some close friends are worth 5+ mil..

the people who don't earn their money (lottery, inheritance, lawsuit settlement) act MUCH differently from people who DID earn their money.

The people who "win" their money are usually like the guys with 'roid rage'. They they all their lives "if I was only RICH, people would listen to me, respect me, and i'd get what I want" (similar to the skinny guy who thinks "if I was only BIG and buff, people would listen to me, respect me, and i'd get what I want".. then he gets some steroids, and all of a sudden thinks he's Bill Baddass).... the guys who win their money tend to act like the gangsters they see in the movies.. the guys they WISHED they could be... attitude-wise, not the illegal shit.

The guys/gals who earned their money know how to treat people.. how to talk to people.. how to get what they want without being a piece of shit nobody wants to be around.

The guys/gals who earned their money also know the value of HABITS. You prioritize and focus. Their lives are usually NOT willy-nilly and un-structured.

The guys who 'made it', realized at some point that while in some points, they're the smartest guys in the room... but they didn't become the smartest guys in the room until they realized everything they wanted to do, from building a housing development, to buying a lettuce field, to starting a law firm, to starting a supplement company, ect... was all done before them by people no smarter than they were.

They realize you write your own story. You pick a goal and with tunnel vision, you just fucking DO IT.

ask yourself "what's the difference between them and me?", the difference is usually they took the risk (in simple terms... don't forget they actually sat down and mapped out a plan first).

sitting on your ass and working a dead end 9-5 job (although, sometimes when you have your own biz, a 9-5 sounds SOOoooo tempting. lol) will get you nowhere. you have to take the risk.

... oh, and to put it like it was put to me; "you have to stand close to the money-tree... because the money falls straight down... it doesn't blow in the wind" (i.e. helps to know rich people, and if you're ambitious, they're kindred spirits)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 01:41:43 PM »
Here in Atlanta early 2000's we had a group of Taxi drivers win the lottery....I built them businesses, over time they re brokered those business through us....the businesses are still there and still profitable....while theyre penniless....

Sad

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »
Self employment....especially big business is not for the lazy, cowardly, lacking of willpower, indecisive or nieve. It requires steeled, nerves proper education, drive and many other positive characteristics.

Also a spouse that understands she comes second as do the kids that a very hard find and most American women fail this test.

See this is why I steer clear of that.  What's the point of all your (alleged) money if you can't spend time w your loved ones?

Although given how much you post on getbig I do wonder how busy you really are

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »
See this is why I steer clear of that.  What's the point of all your (alleged) money if you can't spend time w your loved ones?

Although given how much you post on getbig I do wonder how busy you really are

I'm a little past the uber busy part, but it was bad for a long time hrs 7 to 11 for 24/7......plus it's the weekend, so lighten up Francis.

And it's not for everyone, my favorite joke in bad taste I tell when asked about putting family second....well my kids will be telling their psychiatrists how Daddy didn't take them to the circus, at 500 billable per hr that Daddy pays for. It is what it is.

Edit....very important.....it's never about the money...never, money is a resource....those who chase the $$$$ will never catch them. It's the kill that's exhilarating.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2013, 02:22:59 PM »
Well hey you spend your life however you like but a wise man once said:

"Time is the one true luxury--because you can't buy more of it"