Author Topic: AP poll: 37% approval for the clowninchief  (Read 9012 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: AP poll: 37% approval for the clowninchief
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »
Ok gimmick. Are you saying gerrymandering is the reason Republicans hold the House, are projected to take the Senate, etc.? 

It is the reason they hold the house, that's a fact, they had less votes but gerrymandered districts pushed them ahead. Who predicts they will take the senate?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »
It is the reason they hold the house, that's a fact, they had less votes but gerrymandered districts pushed them ahead. Who predicts they will take the senate?

O Rly?  It's a fact?  What proof do you have? 

Nate Silver. I bumped the thread. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2013, 04:07:27 PM »
O Rly?  It's a fact?  What proof do you have? 

Nate Silver. I bumped the thread. 

They had less overall votes, I thought this was common knowledge.

I know Nate silvers predictions. He is usually right and I have no evidence he is not. However, the polls going in the opposite direction of good for the GOP, at some pretty impressive rates. Worst congressional approval rating in history? Everyone should go.

+

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »

I know Nate silvers predictions. He is usually right and I have no evidence he is not. However, the polls going in the opposite direction of good for the GOP, at some pretty impressive rates. Worst congressional approval rating in history? Everyone should go.

+

It is a FACT that the dems had more than 1 million more votes in 2012 congressional races.  I guess somehow when your dealing with the retard right (oxymoron) facts are subjective.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »

+

No, it is not common knowledge that the reason Republicans took the House in 2010 was due to gerrymandered voting districts.  On what basis did you make your statement that it's a "fact"?  You have a link?  I'd like to read it. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
I lived in Houston 2010 through 2012, and i was shocked was liberal the landscape was in the city. I was surrounded by blacks and mexicans though, so that may have something to do with it.

Im not gonna lie, living next to the ghettos in Houston made me pretty racist. It's leaving me since I'm back up north.

Yeah I would want nothing to do with Harris county. It's not as bad once you get out into the woods towards Huntsville and Livingston though.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
I lived in Houston 2010 through 2012, and i was shocked was liberal the landscape was in the city. I was surrounded by blacks and mexicans though, so that may have something to do with it.

Im not gonna lie, living next to the ghettos in Houston made me pretty racist. It's leaving me since I'm back up north.
Ive lived in and around houston the majority of my life and yea the inner city inside the loop has definitely become a lot more liberal over the last 4 years or so. The suburbs though are still very staunchly conservative and will remain so for the forseeable future.

should have moved out to the burbs broham...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2013, 08:13:03 PM »
I'd like to see some updated nate silver numbers.

Republicans in Congress receive more of the blame for the shutdown: 44 percent of Americans blame them, while 35 percent put more blame on President Obama and the Democrats in Congress.   CBS

I have to wonder if the shutdown will affect the 2014 projections/predictions

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
Ive lived in and around houston the majority of my life and yea the inner city inside the loop has definitely become a lot more liberal over the last 4 years or so. The suburbs though are still very staunchly conservative and will remain so for the forseeable future.

should have moved out to the burbs broham...

Its the same all over texas...go to respectable neighborhoods/suburbs and you see mostly signs/stickers for the repub candidate...go anywhere outside the city and its virtually 100% for the repub candidate...yet all these people still get outnumbered by the urban ghetto dwellers who all vote democrat. Its clear as day where the dems get their base numbers, everyone knows it. Its disgusting. This is why cities, even in totally red states, still virtually all 'go blue'.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »
Its the same all over texas...go to respectable neighborhoods/suburbs and you see mostly signs/stickers for the repub candidate...go anywhere outside the city and its virtually 100% for the repub candidate...yet all these people still get outnumbered by the urban ghetto dwellers who all vote democrat. Its clear as day where the dems get their base numbers, everyone knows it. Its disgusting. This is why cities, even in totally red states, still virtually all 'go blue'.
and being an urban dweller sucks.... ill never understand why anyone would actually choose to live like that. Those neighborhoods and shit suck.

Tony, I lived inside the 610, along 290, just south of where 290 intersects the loop. It was funny, where I lived was ok, but if I went a block in any direction, instant ghetto.  To the east was a black ghetto, to the west/south were mexican ghettos, and the north was white trash.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
No, it is not common knowledge that the reason Republicans took the House in 2010 was due to gerrymandered voting districts.  On what basis did you make your statement that it's a "fact"?  You have a link?  I'd like to read it. 

Bump for Necrosis. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
Bump for Necrosis.  

He's probably just seeing a patient in between posts, I'm sure he'll be along soon  ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »
He's probably just seeing a patient in between posts, I'm sure he'll be along soon  ;D

No, I cancelled my appointments to post today.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »

It's more likely he just pulled that stuff out of his rear end.  But maybe I'm wrong?  That's why I asked where he got the "common knowledge" that the reason Republicans took the House in 2010 was due to gerrymandered voting districts. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »
No, I cancelled my appointments to post today.

Lol

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
It's more likely he just pulled that stuff out of his rear end.  But maybe I'm wrong?  That's why I asked where he got the "common knowledge" that the reason Republicans took the House in 2010 was due to gerrymandered voting districts. 

Iwill point out that it's not uncommon, nor solely the right who gerrymander. But it was quite obvious in 2012 when compared with the popular vote that gerrymandering ensured a few key areas and more seats in the end.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/11/republicans-gerrymandering-house-representatives-election-chart

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-11-13/opinions/35506182_1_democratic-senate-congressional-districts-house-seats

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Iwill point out that it's not uncommon, nor solely the right who gerrymander. But it was quite obvious in 2012 when compared with the popular vote that gerrymandering ensured a few key areas and more seats in the end.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/11/republicans-gerrymandering-house-representatives-election-chart

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-11-13/opinions/35506182_1_democratic-senate-congressional-districts-house-seats

Thanks for the links.  I read both.  Some observations:

1.  Neither one deals with what happened in 2010.  Redistricting happened after the 2010 election, so gerrymandering was not the reason Republicans took the House back from Democrats in 2010. 

2.  Both articles point out that Republicans and Democrats did the same thing:

Republicans point to Illinois and Maryland as examples of Democrats playing the same game, and it is true that Democrats in those states drew maps favorable to their interests. In Maryland, Democrats got 62 percent of the combined vote in House races and 88 percent of the congressional seats; in Illinois they won 54 percent of the vote and about two-thirds of the congressional seats.

Now, this isn’t to say Democrats don’t play similar games. On Election Day, they picked up five House seats in Illinois after a Democratic-controlled redistricting in 2011, so they will hold 12 of the 18 Illinois House seats come January. But Obama carried his home state by a 16-point margin, and the Democratic pick-ups help create a delegation that fairly reflects the state’s partisan balance.

3.  I’d be more convinced that gerrymandering was the reason Republicans maintained the House in 2012 if the information came from a pollster who wasn’t affiliated with the left or right. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2013, 05:20:15 PM »

Tony, I lived inside the 610, along 290, just south of where 290 intersects the loop. It was funny, where I lived was ok, but if I went a block in any direction, instant ghetto.  To the east was a black ghetto, to the west/south were mexican ghettos, and the north was white trash.
hahah I grew up at 290 and fairbanks north houston, hahah small world

yea i know exactly where youre talking about I work in the galleria area and have some friends that live just outside the loop on the north side of 290.

Yea some nice neighborhoods surronded by ghetto.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
Thanks for the links.  I read both.  Some observations:

1.  Neither one deals with what happened in 2010.  Redistricting happened after the 2010 election, so gerrymandering was not the reason Republicans took the House back from Democrats in 2010. 

2.  Both articles point out that Republicans and Democrats did the same thing:

Republicans point to Illinois and Maryland as examples of Democrats playing the same game, and it is true that Democrats in those states drew maps favorable to their interests. In Maryland, Democrats got 62 percent of the combined vote in House races and 88 percent of the congressional seats; in Illinois they won 54 percent of the vote and about two-thirds of the congressional seats.

Now, this isn’t to say Democrats don’t play similar games. On Election Day, they picked up five House seats in Illinois after a Democratic-controlled redistricting in 2011, so they will hold 12 of the 18 Illinois House seats come January. But Obama carried his home state by a 16-point margin, and the Democratic pick-ups help create a delegation that fairly reflects the state’s partisan balance.

3.  I’d be more convinced that gerrymandering was the reason Republicans maintained the House in 2012 if the information came from a pollster who wasn’t affiliated with the left or right. 

I think I am mistaken or confused, I was meaning to post about the 2012 elections, my mistake.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2013, 12:47:40 PM »
I think I am mistaken or confused, I was meaning to post about the 2012 elections, my mistake.

No worries.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »
I'm already pretty racist anyway.  At least this month.  Just like every October.  When the blacks shuttle their kids - 10-15 to a car - into our community.  There will literally be a line of cars like a funeral procession waiting at the gate for it to open when someone like UPS or FedEx comes through.  Then they file in and disgorge their little turds in the area, while the "mama" sits behind the steering wheel of a 15 year old beater car ("mismatched tires and the whitewall's flaking.... " ~ mixalot reference) with her hair in curls, cigarette in one hand, cell phone in the other (using it like a damn walkie talkie - at the ear to listen then holds it front of her mouth while she speaks... back to ear.. .back to mouth)...  sitting there alternately yelling out the car window (as the little monkeys trample up our lawns because they never heard of using a damn sidewalk before)  "HEY! WHAT THEM GIVE YOU IN DAT HOUSE OVER THERE?  YOU BETTER GO BACK AND GET ME ONE"

I have taken stocking lots of fruits and peanut packs for these hordes.  Though I tend to give the whiniest little crybaby in the group something extra like a pack of Now And Laters or M&Ms.  Knowing damn well that when they get back in the car it is going to instigate a fight in the back seat between them all wanting it.  That won't end until "mama" (or "auntie") takes it away from them and eats it right there in front of the brood.  And then the whiny little bastard is going to cry and sniffle and whine all the way home over them being mean to him. 

Don't worry, by my birthday in November my grass will have recovered, I will have replaced all the cracked and broken sprinkler heads in the yard that got stomped on, or dug up ("hey look whut I found whut dis is?") and my postal guy will have wiped off all the grimey hand prints from the mailbox.  Life will be back to normal.

Until next October.

I think you redeemed yourself w every nasty thing you ever said to me w this post.  ha ha ha /1!!!!1

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »
I think you redeemed yourself w every nasty thing you ever said to me w this post.  ha ha ha /1!!!!1

A lot of people don’t want to admit it because they think it makes them a bad person. It doesn’t. It just makes you a realistic person.  The current state of black America just has no place in civilized society in the 21st-century.

I was just in upstate New York, Albany it’s exactly the same as the way people here describe Houston. No matter where you go it’s the same shit:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2017, 06:38:12 PM »
A lot of people don’t want to admit it because they think it makes them a bad person. It doesn’t. It just makes you a realistic person.  The current state of black America just has no place in civilized society in the 21st-century.

I was just in upstate New York, Albany it’s exactly the same as the way people here describe Houston. No matter where you go it’s the same shit:

GhettoThug culture is the same whether albany, compton, NYC, LA, New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago.   Its a degeneracy