Author Topic: upping the protein. ...  (Read 17062 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: upping the protein. ...
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »
thats how I am as well... high protein diet makes me feel solid.... I have to be very careful with carbs or I feel like im in a coma and I instantly gain 10 lbs of water.

Yup.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Protein is overrated you can't assimilate but about 25 grams at a time and you get gas and piss out some expensive piss.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »
right im just saying i dont feel that superior when eating yogurt

Try not keeping your pinkie up the whole time then maybe?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »
Protein is overrated you can't assimilate but about 25 grams at a time and you get gas and piss out some expensive piss.

show me one 300lb plus bodybuilder who didn't have to boatload the protein to get to freak sizeyou cant show me one. Coleman,Yates,Francois. all those guys were eating a massive amount of protein. Not enough drugs is very rarely someone's downfall, its usually lack of food. Groink Im like you no appetite on tren, I struggle to eat 2500 calories per day and  as we know for a 200lb plus guy that just doesn't cut it.
l

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »
show me one 300lb plus bodybuilder who didn't have to boatload the protein to get to freak sizeyou cant show me one. Coleman,Yates,Francois. all those guys were eating a massive amount of protein. Not enough drugs is very rarely someone's downfall, its usually lack of food. Groink Im like you no appetite on tren, I struggle to eat 2500 calories per day and  as we know for a 200lb plus guy that just doesn't cut it.

Your former Guru for one:
Supposedly Paul Dillet did not require massive amounts of protein either, you need to become more of a student of the game, rather than a parrot
RIP Nasser

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2013, 10:08:57 PM »
Another from our very own Bluto archives:

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2013, 10:14:42 PM »
Im the same way. I eat a bunch of carbs I feel weak and tired, high protein no carbs I feel great.

BUT if I take a shot of insulin prior to eating the carbs, I feel like a million bucks.
l

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
In my experience its true that high protein isn't necessary to build muscle on a bulk... overall calories matter more.

A

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
It seems to be a grend, atleast here in sweden, with serious bodybuilders that they have lovered the crqzy amount of protein  alot and raised the carbs. Going from likr 450gram to 250grans of protein.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »
You came off completely?
How do your nuts recover at your age?
Wouldn't you feel like shit waiting for natural test to recover?
Or on HRT dose of test?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Personally, I would eat like this if I were you ..

I am not a proponent of eating a lot of protein. I would eat 2-4 times a day (a quantity split into 2-4 meals). Lean meats, meaning red meat (buffalo, argentine 2%, fillet mignon, I used to like brisket, etc), raw salmon, raw tuna, chicken and turkey breast. Get brocolly and especially asparagus with the occasional assortment of bitter greens.

IF you choose to eat more than 1 lb of meat daily, before your meal, cut a thin cross section slice from a ginger root and squeeze 1/4 of a lemon's juice on it (it'll absorb most of it). Chew and swallow that first for digestive purposes.

Add some good fats (not a lot) .. I use daily 1 teaspoon organic peanut butter, 1/2 an avocado and 15 raw almonds

Carbs? less than 100g daily. I prefer cleansing with zero carbs and maybe you could try that if you never experienced it before. Once you get into keto state after a week or so, it is smooth sailing. Worth the effort to try it out in my oppinion especially for the look you are trying to achieve.

Get lean off drugs, I cannot describe you how your body will react to tren and cutters once you start a cycle at 8% bodyfat or less .. with your genetics even at 48-49 it'll change you FAST.

One thing I would like to see with your physique to make it trully impressive .. contact Disgusted and use his services to get the midsection you want. He can do wonders. I highly recommend him to both competitors and all other bodybuilding enthusiasts. He can take your physique and turn it into one of the top 49 yo in US I kid you not.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 04:41:14 AM »

I am not a proponent of eating a lot of protein. I would eat 2-4 times a day (a quantity split into 2-4 meals). Lean meats, meaning red meat (buffalo, argentine 2%, fillet mignon, I used to like brisket, etc), raw salmon, raw tuna, chicken and turkey breast. Get brocolly and especially asparagus with the occasional assortment of bitter greens.

IF you choose to eat more than 1 lb of meat daily, before your meal, cut a thin cross section slice from a ginger root and squeeze 1/4 of a lemon's juice on it (it'll absorb most of it). Chew and swallow that first for digestive purposes.

Add some good fats (not a lot) .. I use daily 1 teaspoon organic peanut butter, 1/2 an avocado and 15 raw almonds

Carbs? less than 100g daily. I prefer cleansing with zero carbs and maybe you could try that if you never experienced it before. Once you get into keto state after a week or so, it is smooth sailing. Worth the effort to try it out in my oppinion especially for the look you are trying to achieve.

Get lean off drugs, I cannot describe you how your body will react to tren and cutters once you start a cycle at 8% bodyfat or less .. with your genetics even at 48-49 it'll change you FAST.

One thing I would like to see with your physique to make it trully impressive .. contact Disgusted and use his services to get the midsection you want. He can do wonders. I highly recommend him to both competitors and all other bodybuilding enthusiasts. He can take your physique and turn it into one of the top 49 yo in US I kid you not.

Curious why you include peanut butter under "healthy fats." PB is delicious but it's like the only nut source that is primarily saturated fats and void of the "good" unsaturated fats. Basically any other type of nut butter blows it away from a nutritional standpoint. I always use PB when dieting as well but its as a neutral anti-catabolic Calorie source, NOT as something to help burn fat like something with more Omega-3's would.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 04:53:47 AM »
Curious why you include peanut butter under "healthy fats." PB is delicious but it's like the only nut source that is primarily saturated fats and void of the "good" unsaturated fats. Basically any other type of nut butter blows it away from a nutritional standpoint. I always use PB when dieting as well but its as a neutral anti-catabolic Calorie source, NOT as something to help burn fat like something with more Omega-3's would.

So-called 'natural' peanut butter has a large dose of monounsaturated fat per serving and a smidgen of polyunsaturated fat as well, both significantly higher than the saturated fat content. I don't know where your broscientific spiel is coming from in this instance, but it's rather offbase.

Here's the natural PB I always used to have:
http://www.smuckers.com/products/peanut-butter/natural/natural-creamy-peanut-butter-65

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 05:53:09 AM »
So-called 'natural' peanut butter has a large dose of monounsaturated fat per serving and a smidgen of polyunsaturated fat as well, both significantly higher than the saturated fat content. I don't know where your broscientific spiel is coming from in this instance, but it's rather offbase.

Here's the natural PB I always used to have:
http://www.smuckers.com/products/peanut-butter/natural/natural-creamy-peanut-butter-65

Why did I think regular PB was high sat fat ??? My mistake, you're right...PB just has a higher ratio of sat fat: unsat fat than other options, but still a good amount of "good fats."

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 06:14:50 AM »
let's keep the nutritional vibe going. I'm a firm believer of positive reinforcement... If you're tHinKing about eating like crap for the day and then you read this thread, it could change your mind.

For Omega 3s I use flax seed. Peanut butter is delicious but has a ton of calories. I use it sparingly.

Morning protein shake ;

8oz almond milk

8oz ice cubes

1/2 banana

1cup baby spinach

1tablespoon flax seed

2 scoops egg white protein. (40g)

I'll eat carbs on two occasions, once in the AM and then a couple of hours before training....overall they are kept low

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 06:21:50 AM »

Very solid diet. I also tend to stay away from dairy and fruit when I'm trying to get into ketosis unless I want to spike insulin(post workout or morning). I also tend to crush coffee(3 cups, black) when I'm in ketosis for the extra pick me up and to rev up my metabolism.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2013, 06:30:48 AM »
Why did I think regular PB was high sat fat ??? My mistake, you're right...PB just has a higher ratio of sat fat: unsat fat than other options, but still a good amount of "good fats."

What is your preferred nut butter (no homo)?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »

Is this confirmed or just one of the holdover myths from the 90s?
Y

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »
I eat maybe 100 g of protein a day tops for the last year or so (probably quite a bit less than that on average), down from 200-300 and have lost very little muscle, although I was never that big to begin with (maybe 185 tops at just under 6'0").

If you are trying to gain muscle then perhaps more is needed though.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2013, 06:55:02 AM »
Is this confirmed or just one of the holdover myths from the 90s?

I look at anything that uses hard numbers like that with a skeptical eye. Everyone is different. I'm around 240 and carry a lot of muscle. ...I can assimilate more than a 195 pound person.

Also high protein diet is about your food sources. Eating protein instead of carbs and fats...for the very reason that  its not as easily assimilated.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2013, 06:58:22 AM »
What kind of egg white protein do you use?  I've tried like 2-3 and they were all unpalatable

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2013, 06:58:52 AM »
I don't get gas from protein unless I eat too many eggs. No more powders...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2013, 07:22:08 AM »
What kind of egg white protein do you use?  I've tried like 2-3 and they were all unpalatable

I get mine from a guy that sells supplements.. he gets tons of free shit and gives it to his friends..so it varies. Taste I could care less about.

I buy this from him at a nice discount. Tastes great.

Also best preworkout...QUICKFIRE.   makes you feel like a million bucks.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:21 AM »
I look at anything that uses hard numbers like that with a skeptical eye. Everyone is different. I'm around 240 and carry a lot of muscle. ...I can assimilate more than a 195 pound person.

Also high protein diet is about your food sources. Eating protein instead of carbs and fats...for the very reason that  its not as easily assimilated.

Just had the Groink breakfast but used Chia seeds instead of flax + 2 eggland's best eggs and a TBSP of guacamole.  Going to try your carb theory - it makes sense....
Y

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »
Jay Robb looks a bit like a less creepy Will Brink.