Author Topic: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way  (Read 26656 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 05:38:53 AM »

If all of the workers had their pay at 15.00 an hour, the prices for food would not double......that's ridiculous thinking.  In fact the prices would not even go up at all and a number of places have figured that out by raising their pay. Obviously that's flat earther caveman conservative thinking

With that being said, honestly, I don't think that a fast food worker should get 15.00 dollars an hour....maybe 9 or 10 bucks an hour in areas where the cost of living is high. 
and you actually pretend to run a business? Good god.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 05:41:23 AM »

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:47 AM »
Typical man-made global warming libtard

Ya cannot call people that.  Sarah Palin & mitt romney believed in man-made global warming. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »
Ya cannot call people that.  Sarah Palin & mitt romney believed in man-made global warming. 

I can call people anything I please.

Key word is "believed".

They have seen the light that THERE IS NO PROOF THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS CAUSED BY MAN.

Libtards, on the other hand, continue to spew the lie.

And any conservative that believes it, is in the same boat of stupidity as any libtard.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
hahahahahahaha this coming from a guy who believes in talking snakes and 800 year old boat builders , priceless  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »
MacDonalds (and other fast food chains) all pay much higher wages in Europe and they still do just fine

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/08/the-magical-world-where-mcdonalds-pays-15-an-hour-its-australia/278313/

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »

I use Fiverr and ELance to outsource work that I cannot do.  I have one employee in Thailand who specializes in SEO that I pay 50 dollars a month to work......I think I know what the fuck I'm doing.

In any event....double wages doesn't mean double the price
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »
About 25 years ago I spent a few months flipping burgers - right after high school, for minimum wage. I quickly saw what a dead end it was, and I soon left the world of fast food for a better paying and less degrading job with better working conditions... I know, not saying much.  ;D

But my point is that if I could find something better after a few months - and as an unskilled 18 year old college student just out of HS - I think that speaks volumes for those who choose to continue to man the deep fat fryer, grill, or cash register for that minimum wage for many years or even as a "career".

Of course Reagan was still in office when I made my big jump in pay and prestige from fast food to the grocery store.  ;D
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »

I use Fiverr and ELance to outsource work that I cannot do.  I have one employee in Thailand who specializes in SEO that I pay 50 dollars a month to work......I think I know what the fuck I'm doing.

In any event....double wages doesn't mean double the price

You're crazy if you think doubling wages will not result in price increases.  Of course prices will increase.  They always do when there is a significant increase in overhead.  The companies are not just going to reduce their profit margin. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
I can call people anything I please.

Key word is "believed".

They have seen the light that THERE IS NO PROOF THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS CAUSED BY MAN.

Libtards, on the other hand, continue to spew the lie.

And any conservative that believes it, is in the same boat of stupidity as any libtard.

Yup.

Like I thought.

No libtard can contend with the truth.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »
I don't really see why anyone here should be upset over the prospect of fast food workers getting $15/hr,
...except maybe 240. He actually admits to eating McDs, ...but I thought all the rest of you ate clean.  ???

We must have a bunch of closet fast food addicts, ...either that, or you're pissed they'd make more than you  ;D
w

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
I don't really see why anyone here should be upset over the prospect of fast food workers getting $15/hr,
...except maybe 240. He actually admits to eating McDs, ...but I thought all the rest of you ate clean.  ???

We must have a bunch of closet fast food addicts, ...either that, or you're pissed they'd make more than you  ;D

If you CHOOSE to pay your unskilled workers a skilled worker's wage - and can afford to do so and stay open over time, that's your right. But government has no business forcing such a requirement on you.

I'd like to see whatever it is that makes $15 the magic number. Why not $14 or $16?
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
If they pay fast food workers $15/hour and in turn Big Macs double in price I think thats a good thing.  That crap shouldn't be served and maybe will stop buying them.

I think trusting a free market system to pay a fair wage is fantasy but at the same time i don't think $15 an hour should be minimum wage.

Here's the problem i see:

In the 80's in N. California when minimum wage was $5 per hour a full time minimum wage worker would gross $800 per month and could get a decent 2-bedroom apartment for $400-$500 per month.  So 2 people on minimum wage could get by.

Now, a full time minimum wage worker, grosses $1280 per month and a decent 2-bedroom Apartment is $1000-$1200/month.

Considering all other things are higher in price now, it would seem minimum wage hasn't kept up here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2013, 02:10:16 PM »

We must have a bunch of closet fast food addicts, ...either that, or you're pissed they'd make more than you  ;D

haha it's actually pretty rare these days that I eat fast food.  NEVER do I eat any dinner from those places, it's rather gross.  McDoubles, blah.

However, now and then, when I'm out in the morning, I'll grab something like an egg white mcmuffin or breakfast burrito.  not ideal of course, but relatively clean and it keeps be from going catabolic [/broscience]

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
If they pay fast food workers $15/hour and in turn Big Macs double in price I think thats a good thing.  That crap shouldn't be served and maybe will stop buying them.

I think trusting a free market system to pay a fair wage is fantasy but at the same time i don't think $15 an hour should be minimum wage.

Here's the problem i see:

In the 80's in N. California when minimum wage was $5 per hour a full time minimum wage worker would gross $800 per month and could get a decent 2-bedroom apartment for $400-$500 per month.  So 2 people on minimum wage could get by.

Now, a full time minimum wage worker, grosses $1280 per month and a decent 2-bedroom Apartment is $1000-$1200/month.

Considering all other things are higher in price now, it would seem minimum wage hasn't kept up here.

Why should minimum wage have to keep up with rents? 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »
worth every penny.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:53 PM »
If you CHOOSE to pay your unskilled workers a skilled worker's wage - and can afford to do so and stay open over time, that's your right. But government has no business forcing such a requirement on you.

I'd like to see whatever it is that makes $15 the magic number. Why not $14 or $16?

First of all ROTFLMAO at the idea of a "skilled worker wage"

Secondly: This isn't a government initiative, ...it's a collective bargaining thing.

This not the government dictating minimum wage, these are workers saying give us $15/hr., or we won't work.
Do you have a problem with workers deciding what they will or will not work for?
What I find more offensive than anything is the idea that someone thinks these workers are obligated to work in fast food joints for $7 or $8 an hour.

Thirdly: Inflation probably played a part, in choosing the magic number.
its also very easily calculable for 4 hr &  8 hr shifts.
w

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »
I laugh even harder at the idea of forcing a $15/hour min on restaurants for unskilled workers - that's gonna kill the smaller chains and privately owned restaurants.

Whether it's a govt imposed min or a "collective bargaining thing" calling for a new min, it's the same end result. Frankly I don't see this happening without government force - which I wouldn't be surprised to see these days.

I have no problem whatsoever with workers deciding what they will or will not work for. I've made that decision for myself at least a half dozen times - I have left an employer for greener pastures (another employer or self-employment) for any combination of more $, leaving a negative environment, lack of upward mobility, bad location / clientele, etc.

I'm not a fan of collective bargaining and am not big on employment contracts (although I see their purpose in some cases). If you don't like working for me or what I am willing or able to pay you, you're free to find a better path for yourself.

The min wage was $3.35 in 1987 when I got out of HS. It's now $7.25 I think.

First of all ROTFLMAO at the idea of a "skilled worker wage"

Secondly: This isn't a government initiative, ...it's a collective bargaining thing.

This not the government dictating minimum wage, these are workers saying give us $15/hr., or we won't work.
Do you have a problem with workers deciding what they will or will not work for?
What I find more offensive than anything is the idea that someone thinks these workers are obligated to work in fast food joints for $7 or $8 an hour.

Thirdly: Inflation probably played a part, in choosing the magic number.
its also very easily calculable for 4 hr &  8 hr shifts.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
I laugh even harder at the idea of forcing a $15/hour min on restaurants for unskilled workers - that's gonna kill the smaller chains and privately owned restaurants.

Whether it's a govt imposed min or a "collective bargaining thing" calling for a new min, it's the same end result. Frankly I don't see this happening without government force - which I wouldn't be surprised to see these days.

I have no problem whatsoever with workers deciding what they will or will not work for. I've made that decision for myself at least a half dozen times - I have left an employer for greener pastures (another employer or self-employment) for any combination of more $, leaving a negative environment, lack of upward mobility, bad location / clientele, etc.

I'm not a fan of collective bargaining and am not big on employment contracts (although I see their purpose in some cases). If you don't like working for me or what I am willing or able to pay you, you're free to find a better path for yourself.

The min wage was $3.35 in 1987 when I got out of HS. It's now $7.25 I think.

+1

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »
Why should minimum wage have to keep up with rents? 

Don't know that it should or shouldn't.  But isn't that the idea of a minimum wage?  The require employers to pay enough so people can live?   Like i said, trusting in a 100% free market there will be enough competition to force companies to pay more is fantasy.

For what ever the reason.  Rents are too high and minimum wage is too low.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »
Don't know that it should or shouldn't.  But isn't that the idea of a minimum wage?  The require employers to pay enough so people can live?   Like i said, trusting in a 100% free market there will be enough competition to force companies to pay more is fantasy.

For what ever the reason.  Rents are too high and minimum wage is too low.

I'm not sure minimum wage was intended to be a living wage.  I see a problem with trying to tie mandatory wages to cost of living.  We'd wind up pushing the cost of goods and services past points where lower income people could afford them. 

I just see minimum wage jobs as starter jobs for younger people, temporary jobs for others, etc., but not career jobs. 

And I do trust the marketplace.  Companies with better pay, benefits, and work environments attract better workers.  But there is always room for places like fast food restaurants and retail stores who provide lots of jobs for low pay. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
I'm not sure minimum wage was intended to be a living wage.  I see a problem with trying to tie mandatory wages to cost of living.  We'd wind up pushing the cost of goods and services past points where lower income people could afford them. 

I just see minimum wage jobs as starter jobs for younger people, temporary jobs for others, etc., but not career jobs. 

And I do trust the marketplace.  Companies with better pay, benefits, and work environments attract better workers.  But there is always room for places like fast food restaurants and retail stores who provide lots of jobs for low pay. 

"Companies with better pay, benefits, and work environments attract better workers."   Then Unions probably would have never taken foot.   I would trust more if there was more competition.

I agree, minimum wage jobs are starter jobs.  The problem is like i was saying, its not enough.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
"Companies with better pay, benefits, and work environments attract better workers."   Then Unions probably would have never taken foot.   I would trust more if there was more competition.

I agree, minimum wage jobs are starter jobs.  The problem is like i was saying, its not enough.

Perhaps, although I suspect we could have had a $15 minimum wage years ago and we'd still have unions. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »
Perhaps, although I suspect we could have had a $15 minimum wage years ago and we'd still have unions. 

Lol. Probably.   However, i think minimum wage wasn't the big or sole reason for unions. 

As some say....the only thing worse than unions is not having any. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »
Lol. Probably.   However, i think minimum wage wasn't the big or sole reason for unions. 

As some say....the only thing worse than unions is not having any. 

Yeah.  I agree.