Author Topic: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way  (Read 26655 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2013, 03:47:36 PM »

I meant for Tu to go get a quality burger instead of the Mcd crap.

WTF are you talking about?
why not just demand that mcdonalds make better quality food?

I mean apparently we as employees and customers have no choice in where we work or eat...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2013, 04:08:50 PM »
And we know for a fact that she's been single, and unmarried when she gave birth?

There's no possibility that she might have situated differently?

Ever heard of divorce, death, illness, turning lives upside down?

I have a friend who married a few years out of college. Her husband totally decided how they would live. As an obedient Christian wife, she followed his wishes, and conformed to her narrowly defined gender roles as dictated by her his band, and laid out by her Church and religion. She would stay home and raise the kids while he worked. A few kids and a few years later, he walks in the door, and announces he wants a divorce and is moving in with his girlfriend. He walked out of the marriage taking only his truck. Her oldest was 7, her youngest was 4. All of a sudden she found herself living in suburbia with 3 small children to raise, no income to speak of, no transportation, and an apartment she couldn't pay for. Finding gainful employment that paid a liveable wage, and allowed her to raise her kids was extremely difficult. She was fortunate enough to be able to find employment that allowed her to work from home, not everyone is that fortunate. it was quite tough and go there for her for about three years, and it's still a struggle everyday. Lucky for her, she had family able to help her. Her brother was a prince who refused to sit by and see his sister, nieces and nephew suffer or go without. They're much older now. Her oldest is in college, and the youngest getting her drivers license. Would you classify her as "fucking up"? If so, what would her fuck up be? Having children, getting married, conforming to societal expectations?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »
And we know for a fact that she's been single, and unmarried when she gave birth?

I have a friend who married a few years out of college. Her husband totally decided how they would live. As an obedient Christian wife, she followed his wishes, and conformed to her narrowly defined gender roles as dictated by her his band, and laid out by her Church and religion. She would stay home and raise the kids while he worked. A few kids and a few years later, he walks in the door, and announces he wants a divorce and is moving in with his girlfriend. He walked out of the marriage taking only his truck. Her oldest was 7, her youngest was 4. All of a sudden she found herself living in suburbia with 3 small children to raise, no income to speak of, no transportation, and an apartment she couldn't pay for. Finding gainful employment that paid a liveable wage, and allowed her to raise her kids was extremely difficult. She was fortunate enough to be able to find employment that allowed her to work from home, not everyone is that fortunate. it was quite tough and go there for her for about three years, and it's still a struggle everyday. Lucky for her, she had family able to help her. Her brother was a prince who refused to sit by and see his sister, nieces and nephew suffer or go without. They're much older now. Her oldest is in college, and the youngest getting her drivers license. Would you classify her as "fucking up"? If so, what would her fuck up be? Having children, getting married, conforming to societal expectations?

I see that as you are trying to silver line that you at least agree that a person working at mcdonalds that has kids is considered a fuck up?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »
I see that as you are trying to silver line that you at least agree that a person working at mcdonalds that has kids is considered a fuck up?

That's not what I said.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2013, 05:01:02 PM »
That's not what I said.
Its what you didnt say that says volumes....

but since you think I am wrong why dont you answer the question straight up then?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2013, 05:37:11 AM »
Its what you didnt say that says volumes....

but since you think I am wrong why dont you answer the question straight up then?

LOL!!

She is flailing.

Typical libtard.

Throw a boatload of crap at the wall and hope something sticks.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:48 AM »

completely irrelevant.  This isnt some "oh shit I lost everything I need some sort of income NOW situation.

This woman has worked there for TEN YEARS. TEN FUCKING YEARS. im sorry but there is literally no excuse that in 10 years this woman is not able to find other employment.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2013, 10:12:06 AM »
I have a cousin who took about two years worth of unemployment benefits. Could have been working before those 2 years were up, but chose not to.

Now, he has been at the same job for 3 years. Working less than 40 hours (welcome to the obama economy) and has complained to me about his wage.

I told him get another job or go to some sort of trade school to get some skills. But, he doesn't listen. Continues to complain but doesn't make the effort to improve himself. If he gets laid off, it will be another 2 years of unemployment benefits.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »
If he gets laid off, it will be another 2 years of unemployment benefits.

this is turning into the American way

Continues to complain but doesn't make the effort to improve himself.
  This is the result

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »
completely irrelevant.  This isnt some "oh shit I lost everything I need some sort of income NOW situation.

This woman has worked there for TEN YEARS. TEN FUCKING YEARS. im sorry but there is literally no excuse that in 10 years this woman is not able to find other employment.

And I'm sure that the prices in 2003 and the cost of living were much lower then than they are in 2013.

So what do you propose? That you continue to subsidize the support of her family indefinitely? ...that she quit her job, ...and have you pay to support her and her 3 kids for the next 2 years? ...or would you prefer her employer pay her a wage that enables her to support herself and her family, so you won't have to?
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #260 on: January 01, 2014, 02:13:33 PM »
And I'm sure that the prices in 2003 and the cost of living were much lower then than they are in 2013.

So what do you propose? That you continue to subsidize the support of her family indefinitely? ...that she quit her job, ...and have you pay to support her and her 3 kids for the next 2 years? ...or would you prefer her employer pay her a wage that enables her to support herself and her family, so you won't have to?
this is fucking irrelevant to the point. Youre flailing all over the place.

anyway, id prefer for her to go out and FIND A JOB CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING HER AND HER KIDS. She can apply for other jobs while she works full time you know, or *gasp* even work 2 jobs for a while until she gets back on her feet!! In ten years she shod have been able to find a job that laid enough to support her family, instead shes too lazy or too stupid to change and she wants her employee to pick up the slack.

newsflash - youre not making enough, employer wont gice you a raise, GO SOMEWHERE THAT WILL. She doesnt have to quit her job to find another one you know. You act like its impossible to do anything else while working full time, like she couldnt fill out applications or take nigjt courses.

Zomg how horrid, that a woman trying to support 3 kids may actually have to sacrifice a little bit to raise the 3 mouths she brought into the world.

all I hear from you is excuse after excuse of why this woman shouldnt be required to take responsibility for providing for herself and her family, and why its all her employers responsibility, because dammit, mcdonalds should have to pay a woman enough to take care of her 3 kids, well, because she gets up everyday and punches a fucking button om a register and wipes down tables, dammit. Clearly that is worth the income to support 3 kids.

How much profit mcdonalds makes is irrelevant.  How many kids she has is irrelevant. Cost of living is irrelevant.

Her skills and her everday workload is whats relevant. And its sure as hell not worth the amount it takes to raise 3 children.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
this is fucking irrelevant to the point. Youre flailing all over the place.

Actually I don't think it's irrelevant at all. I think that's the very point.

anyway, id prefer for her to go out and FIND A JOB CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING HER AND HER KIDS.

I think that's what striking fast food workers want as well, ...a job that pays them enough to support themselves and their families. They've already got the first part down. What do you have against them achieving the 2nd part through a little collective bargaining with their employers?

She can apply for other jobs while she works full time you know, or *gasp* even work 2 jobs for a while until she gets back on her feet!! In ten years she shod have been able to find a job that laid enough to support her family, instead shes too lazy or too stupid to change and she wants her employee to pick up the slack.

newsflash - youre not making enough, employer wont gice you a raise, GO SOMEWHERE THAT WILL. She doesnt have to quit her job to find another one you know. You act like its impossible to do anything else while working full time, like she couldnt fill out applications or take nigjt courses.

Ok, so she takes on another job, ..and goes to night school. Not sure where she'd find the money to go to night school when she can barely feed herself as it is... But let's say she somehow manages to do that. How long do you think it will be before you start paying to support her kids in prison? ...because I don't think it would be long before 3 kids without parenting on the mean streets of Chicago start getting into crime.

Zomg how horrid, that a woman trying to support 3 kids may actually have to sacrifice a little bit to raise the 3 mouths she brought into the world.

Of course, ...just like the Virgin Mary, ...she brought them into the world completely by herself.  ::)

all I hear from you is excuse after excuse of why this woman shouldnt be required to take responsibility for providing for herself and her family, and why its all her employers responsibility, because dammit, mcdonalds should have to pay a woman enough to take care of her 3 kids, well, because she gets up everyday and punches a fucking button om a register and wipes down tables, dammit. Clearly that is worth the income to support 3 kids.

I could be antiquated in my thinking, but I happen to believe that when getting up everyday, and punching fucking buttons on a register, wiping down tables, etc., puts hundreds of billions of dollars in your employers pocket, then you deserve to at least earn a living wage.

How much profit mcdonalds makes is irrelevant.  How many kids she has is irrelevant. Cost of living is irrelevant.

Part of Americas problem is she is allowing huge profitable corporations to suck at the public teat, while exploiting her own citizens the same way they have exploited 3rd world labourers for years, ...and Americans applaud this. It is selfish & greedy IMO.

Her skills and her everday workload is whats relevant. And its sure as hell not worth the amount it takes to raise 3 children.

Please see my above two paragraphs

I just saw "12 Years a Slave", and your argument reminds of the reason Patsy ran off to Master Shaw's plantation.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: January 01, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
samson why do you keep skipping over valid questions?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #263 on: January 01, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
Actually I don't think it's irrelevant at all. I think that's the very point.

I think that's what striking fast food workers want as well, ...a job that pays them enough to support themselves and their families. They've already got the first part down. What do you have against them achieving the 2nd part through a little collective bargaining with their employers?

Ok, so she takes on another job, ..and goes to night school. Not sure where she'd find the money to go to night school when she can barely feed herself as it is... But let's say she somehow manages to do that. How long do you think it will be before you start paying to support her kids in prison? ...because I don't think it would be long before 3 kids without parenting on the mean streets of Chicago start getting into crime.

Of course, ...just like the Virgin Mary, ...she brought them into the world completely by herself.  ::)

I could be antiquated in my thinking, but I happen to believe that when getting up everyday, and punching fucking buttons on a register, wiping down tables, etc., puts hundreds of billions of dollars in your employers pocket, then you deserve to at least earn a living wage.

Part of Americas problem is she is allowing huge profitable corporations to suck at the public teat, while exploiting her own citizens the same way they have exploited 3rd world labourers for years, ...and Americans applaud this. It is selfish & greedy IMO.

Please see my above two paragraphs

I just saw "12 Years a Slave", and your argument reminds of the reason Patsy ran off to Master Shaw's plantation.
you said more without saying anything than any post ive ever read, and managed to throw the race cardin their as well. Good job.

Obviously there is no reason to debate with you, you feel shes owed a certain amount of money just because she chooses to show up, and somehow getting paid a low wage is tantamount to slavery even though shes free at ant time to find a job anywhere else.

you maam, have no fucking clue what youre talking about, youre just arguing because 'its wrong dammit! She comes to work and those evil mcdonalds people make too much so they should give her more!!!'

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #264 on: January 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM »
She needs to shut up.and.make some fries.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: January 01, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »
you said more without saying anything than any post ive ever read, and managed to throw the race cardin their as well. Good job.

Obviously there is no reason to debate with you, you feel shes owed a certain amount of money just because she chooses to show up, and somehow getting paid a low wage is tantamount to slavery even though shes free at ant time to find a job anywhere else.

you maam, have no fucking clue what youre talking about, youre just arguing because 'its wrong dammit! She comes to work and those evil mcdonalds people make too much so they should give her more!!!'

Shockwave, this is not meant as a flame, but did you see 12 years a slave?
If you have, then why would you have equated my comment with having thrown in the race card? My comment had nothing to do with race, but rather with a similarity of situations. Please don't make a blanket assumption based on nothing more than a film title. I was referring to a particular scene in the film that I believe has striking similarities to this woman's situation.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: January 01, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »
If you have, then why would you have equated my comment with having thrown in the race card? My comment had nothing to do with race, but rather with a similarity of situations. Please don't make a blanket assumption based on nothing more than a film title. I was referring to a particular scene in the film that I believe has striking similarities to this woman's situation.
for fucks sake youre a damn idiot

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: January 01, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
for fucks sake youre a damn idiot

Happy New Year to you too  :D

w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: January 01, 2014, 08:35:42 PM »
Happy New Year to you too  :D

haha indeed to you too, whats the scam going to be this year jagson?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #269 on: January 01, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »
Its nothing like slavery. She can leave any time she wants. No one is forcing her to work for McDonalds, she's not an indentured servant, nothing, nada, zero. I have not seen the movie and frankly I don't care. It has zero relevance to the topic at hand. You're trying all these sideways arguments and literally none of them have any bearing to the topic. Your whole argument is that it's wrong because the company makes so much profit, which is nothing but an emotional knee jerk reaction and you have no way to back it up besides those emotions. There is no law against it, and there is no logic for it. She's pushes a button and cleans tables.

Sorry, but thats not worth a wage to support 3 kids. And if Mcdonalds isn't willing to pay her that wage (and rightfully so), she is free to go find a job that WILL pay her what she needs to live. Mcdonalds is not liable to make sure she can support 3 kids on their wage.

Period, end of sentence.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
Your whole argument is that it's wrong because the company makes so much profit, which is nothing but an emotional knee jerk reaction and you have no way to back it up besides those emotions. There is no law against it, and there is no logic for it. She's pushes a button and cleans tables.

Sorry, but thats not worth a wage to support 3 kids. And if Mcdonalds isn't willing to pay her that wage (and rightfully so), she is free to go find a job that WILL pay her what she needs to live. Mcdonalds is not liable to make sure she can support 3 kids on their wage.

Period, end of sentence.
BOOOM morons

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: January 01, 2014, 09:02:52 PM »
Its nothing like slavery. She can leave any time she wants. No one is forcing her to work for McDonalds, she's not an indentured servant, nothing, nada, zero. I have not seen the movie and frankly I don't care. It has zero relevance to the topic at hand. You're trying all these sideways arguments and literally none of them have any bearing to the topic. Your whole argument is that it's wrong because the company makes so much profit, which is nothing but an emotional knee jerk reaction and you have no way to back it up besides those emotions. There is no law against it, and there is no logic for it. She's pushes a button and cleans tables.

Nowhere have I stated she is experiencing slavery, or that she is an indentured servant.
I would like to respectfully submit that if you have not seen the  movie to which I refer, then you have no frame of reference for the point that I'm making, and really should refrain from commenting on it. It's beyond ridiculous to say "I haven't seen it. I have no idea what you're refering to, but it foesn't apply. C'mon?!?! There's no shame in saying, I don't know what you're refering to so I'm not qualified to make a statement about it.

Period, end of sentence.

...or she is free to pursue a better arrangement through collective bargaining with her co-workers and persuade her employer to increase her wages? What do you have against that?
w

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »
force de union ize all utilities
gov jobs
private jobs
fedex

end all pensions

end public school

end money for universities through grants etc.

end tax exempt status for education

end all education tax breaks

let market provide

enuf overpriced bs

de regulate