Author Topic: Federal Judge: Mt. Soledad Cross Must Come Down  (Read 5834 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Federal Judge: Mt. Soledad Cross Must Come Down
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2013, 12:33:48 PM »
say what you want dude.  it's not a coincidence nor does it surprise me that your beliefs fall directly in line with the new age commercial brand of liberalism that we see being pushed on us on tv everyday.  

OWNED. go away now.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2013, 12:35:44 PM »
can you find a thread where Beach or I insult the Koran?  or any other religion?  can you?  nope.

Hold on, I will take tomorrow off and go through your post history.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
I dont; practice tolerance, you have it in some areas and not in others.

You practice tolerance? are you for taking down this cross, if not you are not tolerant as it offends people who aren't christian that they are paying for a christian monument. You are showing zero fucking tolerance there, you are being the one tolerated.

"My contention is people who organize, protest, and define themselves based on something they don't believe in is laugh out loud funny. "

Your right, why would anyone protest the religious? it's not like they are flying planes into buildings? burning witchs etc. I mean there clearly are no real world consquences to those beliefs right?  Maybe you should go back to elementary school, might find some kindred spirits and some stimulating intellectual convesation.

Your religion isn't even fucking tolerant, all those who disagree go to hell, quite the tolerant god you got there. Must be where you keen sense of tolerance comes from.

I don't have a problem with religious symbols on public property.  And I could care less if a handful of dummies are offended by religious symbols.  As I've said, I have zero tolerance for paranoid anti-religious extremists.  Tolerance doesn't mean you cater to every crybaby in the country.  

Yes, why would someone define themselves based on something they don't believe exists.  They have clubs, websites, magazines, annual meetings, etc.  It's really silly if you actually think about it.  The really funny part is when they then model themselves after Christian churches.  There is obviously something missing in their lives.    

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »

ok.  go ahead.  make sure you read obamacare real quick too.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2013, 12:47:37 PM »

and you'd have to take a whole day off.  i can look at your post history for 15 seconds and I'd find you insulting a number of groups about their beliefs.  why?  well because you've been taught by the television set that you can be an asshole to certain groups but not others. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »
I don't have a problem with religious symbols on public property.  And I could care less if a handful of dummies are offended by religious symbols.  As I've said, I have zero tolerance for paranoid anti-religious extremists.  Tolerance doesn't mean you cater to every crybaby in the country.  

Yes, why would someone define themselves based on something they don't believe exists.  They have clubs, websites, magazines, annual meetings, etc.  It's really silly if you actually think about it.  The really funny part is when they then model themselves after Christian churches.  There is obviously something missing in their lives.    

haha exactly, you expect to be tolerated while showing no tolerance, lol at dummies being offended, nice tolerance. Dude why do you even engage me? if you practice tolerance then yes you must be tolerant of everyone.

Tolerance or toleration is a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.

I have never seen, heard or meet with anyone that goes to these churches? how many even fucking exist? I don't think it's silly to base one's life defending a lie perpetuated through the ages to keep people obidient and afraid. Dawkins does it because it effects his work, it suspends critical thinking. So while you may be laughing at his attempt those oppressed by religion, including yours, wont be. The kid who was ass fucked by a priest  isn;t laughing, nor is he laughing when he rails against the church and religion. Oh the church condeming condoms in Africa, god doesn't exist but his impact is apparent. That's what they are fighting, your stupid beliefs and the off shoots of them.

You would probably say the same thing during the inquisition, belief was killing it.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2013, 12:51:35 PM »
and you'd have to take a whole day off.  i can look at your post history for 15 seconds and I'd find you insulting a number of groups about their beliefs.  why?  well because you've been taught by the television set that you can be an asshole to certain groups but not others. 

I insult alot of things, I rarely have a post where I am not mocking something or someone. You must be a sleuth.

I can be an asshole to whoever I want, I don;t have to listen to you or your beliefs and I don't have to show respect or remorse for my comments. I don't need your permission or allowance.

Religion is distasteful to me because it's obviously false. If you feel good perpetuating and precipatating lies go ahead, but remember I am the asshole.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
the problem with necrosis is that he believes that if he just keeps talking, his bullshit will eventually become palatable.  this is my last post.  go on and insult Christians and the bible all you want.  everyone reading this thread knows you're full of shit and don't really know much.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »

haha exactly, you expect to be tolerated while showing no tolerance, lol at dummies being offended, nice tolerance. Dude why do you even engage me? if you practice tolerance then yes you must be tolerant of everyone.

Tolerance or toleration is a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.

I have never seen, heard or meet with anyone that goes to these churches? how many even fucking exist? I don't think it's silly to base one's life defending a lie perpetuated through the ages to keep people obidient and afraid. Dawkins does it because it effects his work, it suspends critical thinking. So while you may be laughing at his attempt those oppressed by religion, including yours, wont be. The kid who was ass fucked by a priest  isn;t laughing, nor is he laughing when he rails against the church and religion. Oh the church condeming condoms in Africa, god doesn't exist but his impact is apparent. That's what they are fighting, your stupid beliefs and the off shoots of them.

You would probably say the same thing during the inquisition, belief was killing it.

Why do I engage you?  Good question.  lol 

I've already explained tolerance.  You don't understand it.  That's fine.  No big deal. 

Your attempt to try and explain atheist churches doesn't make them any less humorous. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
Why do I engage you?  Good question.  lol 

I've already explained tolerance.  You don't understand it.  That's fine.  No big deal. 

Your attempt to try and explain atheist churches doesn't make them any less humorous. 

I put the definition there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
I put the definition there.

You don't get it.  Being tolerant doesn't mean you let someone do whatever the heck they want.  It means you respect their beliefs or choices.  It doesn't mean you have to agree that those beliefs or choices get incorporated into public policy. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2013, 01:34:41 PM »

Some people are just strange that way I guess. I don't get the gamers.. people who build their lives around playing video games, networking and going to comic con type things. But they don't bother me so I couldn't care less. They don't try and legislate their hobby into laws that impact my life..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2013, 01:36:10 PM »
You don't get it.  Being tolerant doesn't mean you let someone do whatever the heck they want.  It means you respect their beliefs or choices.  It doesn't mean you have to agree that those beliefs or choices get incorporated into public policy.  

I'll meet you halfway.. I can respect a persons right to a particular belief as long as belief in said thing doesn't impact me, but if you are asking me to respect a persons belief in scientology or mormons or psychics etc etc.. nah......

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »
Some people are just strange that way I guess. I don't get the gamers.. people who build their lives around playing video games, networking and going to comic con type things. But they don't bother me so I couldn't care less. They don't try and legislate their hobby into laws that impact my life..

I guess they could.  Wouldn't really bother me.  But even gamers are more rational IMO, because they re focused on entertainment. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »
I guess they could.  Wouldn't really bother me.  But even gamers are more rational IMO, because they re focused on entertainment. 

agreed, more rational than believers

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »
I'll meet you halfway.. I can respect a persons right to a particular belief as long as belief in said thing doesn't impact me, but if you are asking me to respect a persons belief in scientology or mormons or psychics etc etc.. nah......

Sounds reasonable, although I'm not sure we agree on when a particular belief actually starts to affect you?  

I'm not sure I know anyone who is in into scientology, but I know plenty of mormons.  Don't share their beliefs, but I respect them.  They are good people.  

I had a great conversation with a female Muslim the other day.  Dispelled some beliefs I had about their religion.  Pretty enlightening.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2013, 01:40:53 PM »
agreed, more rational than believers

I meant more rational than activist atheists.   :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »
Sounds reasonable, although I'm not sure we agree on when a particular belief actually starts to affect you?  

I'm not sure I know anyone who is in into scientology, but I know plenty of mormons.  Don't share their beliefs, but I respect them.  They are good people.  

I had a great conversation with a female Muslim the other day.  Dispelled some beliefs I had about their religion.  Pretty enlightening.  

Sure it was, Muslims are taught to lie to infidels to keep them unsuspecting.. at least that's what one of my Christian friends tell me

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2013, 01:47:24 PM »
Sure it was, Muslims are taught to lie to infidels to keep them unsuspecting.. at least that's what one of my Christian friends tell me

lol.  Might be talking about radical Islam, which I don't even think is a religion. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »
You're misinterpreting what I'm saying. I'm saying Christianity IS NOT a religion.

religionPhrase

Houghton Mifflin

n.noun
Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion

Yeah....right

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »
the problem with necrosis is that he believes that if he just keeps talking, his bullshit will eventually become palatable.  this is my last post.  go on and insult Christians and the bible all you want.  everyone reading this thread knows you're full of shit and don't really know much.  

:'(

You sound like a baby.